Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

thumbs up"Hurray I'm registered!"(use this thread to introduce yourself)

Posted by zeropop 
Welcome Happy Hiker! Always happy to see more people join.

Evan Davis
UGH, Childfree Reddit is the WORSE. I had my ass on blast after I ranted about parents calling themselves childfree on there.

Hi Everyone! I found this site through a link from the Childfree Reddit.

Evan Davis
Hello! I'm so glad I found like minded people! I've been CF all of my short life. I'm 19 and can't imagine my life with kids. I'm engage to a wonderful CF man and we like our peace and freedom.
Welcome, squigglysquid! The longer you live CF, the better it gets smileys with beer
My name is ihave3cats and I have 3 cats.
Re: thumbs up"Hurray I'm registered!"(use this thread to introduce yourself)
June 10, 2016
Hi, 3cats, most people post a little more about themselves such as how you found us, how long you've known you are CF, whether you were an early articulator or came by it gradually, events that may have shaped your views, etc.
June 15, 2016
@ the user who wanted a new name: If you want to change your username, you'll need to register a new account.
I am so glad to be here. I decided to join the childfree lifestyle at around two three years ago. What made me want to join the club. Pregnant bodies, birth and the fact that human kids don't come cheap. I also believe that being childfree means I don't want kids(unless they're goat kids)period. thumbs upsmileys with beer
Hi All,

After following a link from Datalounge, where I lurk, I decided to join here. Longtime CF here, can remember the Turtle CF board fondly. After seeing what my mother went through with my brother's behavior which made her completely miserable, coupled with the day to day interactions and observations of BNP's in society, I decided long ago that kids were not for me. As much as the world tries to push breeding and babies on women, I remain steadfast in not being taken in by the propaganda. Nothing about it is appealing to me. So glad others have not been taken in either.

I know others enjoy the freedom of being CF, but I've found that if I want to go out to eat or plan a fun activity, I have to anticipate what the BNP's among us are going to do. For example, I've found here in the medium size Midwestern city I live in, you can go to the grocery store before 10 am without having to hear the pneumatic shrieks and squeals. I know never to got into a restaurant for the lunch during the week until after 1 pm.

Thanks to everyone here that gives out good advice on how to handle the living in a breedrific world and not making me feel like I'm some kind of freak for not being childed.
July 09, 2016
Warm welcome to all the new arrivals !!!!!
Relax, keep your seatbelts fastened and enjoy this flight winking smiley
The more the merrier
Good day from Spain (EU), to everybody!

I'm glad to see that there are so many alike people! I found the site while looking for childfree hotels near the Grand Canyon (I could as well have been looking for swimming pools on the Moon), but it was a good thing finding this.

Have a nice day and a nice weekend!

Maria

MARIA A.
Madrid, Spain.
Hello,

I'm posting from Spain (European Union) after having had a wooooonderful angry smiley argument with one of my lifelong friends about flying with kids, as per NYT post: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/07/upshot/flying-with-shrieking-children-give-your-neighbors-a-goody-bag.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur&_r=0

Really...
Hi Everybody,

I just found this group a few days ago after looking for an alternative to childfree groups on FB or Reddit. I try to distance myself as much as possible from social media and did not want to be part of a group where parents could also join and post, because I have no interest in their input, even if they are supportive of a CF lifestyle. I am 39 years old, female, and my husband and I are parents to two pit bulls and a black lab...a scenario which I find immensely fulfilling.

I have never once considered having children, not even when I was growing up and thought about what I might want to do with my life. Immediately upon graduating from college at 20 years old, with a BA in psych, I moved back to the town I grew up in and enrolled in a master's program in school psychology...basically because it was something to do and I wanted to go to grad school. I think that at about the time I completed the program and my internship, I absolutely knew I wanted nothing to do with children. In fact, I left the mental health field for a long time after that, and (long story short) became a funeral director. I would probably still be doing that if I hadn't messed up my back in the process. Since I do enjoy working with adults in mental health, I am now completing my doctorate in clinical psychology, with about two years to go. Through various jobs and the clinical training I have completed so far for my doctorate, I have worked with just about every age range and clinical population out there, from autistic children to schizophrenic adults who are also addicted to drugs like methamphetamine. While I didn't exactly plan it this way, I have found that education and experience make great weapons against idiot breeders who think no one understands child development and behavior better than they do. winking smiley

Anyway...it is a struggle to be CF, have strong dislike for children, and be pursuing a field of study where a number of my classmates want to work with kids. Glad to have found this forum, because it gets old having to bite your tongue around the rest of the world constantly. Sorry for the long post!
August 27, 2016
Nice to meet our new members. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
September 04, 2016
I'm not a new member...I posted on here semi-regularly for about a year, but I've been MIA for the last year or so because I've been so busy since I started law school. Anyway, I missed having this place as an outlet, so I'm back, hopefully. grinning smiley
hello new here. found this last night looking for "disinherited for being child-free" cuz I just found out I am, not in so many words. just that mom is gonna do the "generation skip" since her kids (except me) live far away and aren't living up to her caretaking expectations. oh, and guess who her caretaker is? you know, cuz I didn't have kids and all so of course I'm the one supposed to wait on my elderly mother hand and foot.

Its laughable. Her grandchildren are all middle aged as well, 2 nephews are actually wealthy. All five grandchildren are prolific breeders. 4 kids each, except the one who is doing IVF. So let them fight over grannies cash. she's 89 and so paranoid and secretive we don't even know how much money there is. Its somewhere between 50k and 9 million. But I don't need any after all my yrs of caregiving, cuz, ya know, I'm child free.

the same thing happened to a friend of mine, she was in her 40s, unmarried, child free. She moved in and gave her ALzheimer's mom 24/7 care for 13 yrs, only doing part time work cuz mom couldn't be trusted in the house alone for long.
When the mom died and the house was sold, breeder sis and bro charged caregiver 13 yrs rent from the sale of the house. Not sure how much the house sold for, but even the lot was worth at least $150K. My friend recieved a check for less than $5K after breeder's lawyers charged her for rent. While she gave 24/7 parent care. the breeders lived many states away. But ya know, grandkids.
November 24, 2016
yellow jacket
hello new here. found this last night looking for "disinherited for being child-free" cuz I just found out I am, not in so many words. just that mom is gonna do the "generation skip" since her kids (except me) live far away and aren't living up to her caretaking expectations. oh, and guess who her caretaker is? you know, cuz I didn't have kids and all so of course I'm the one supposed to wait on my elderly mother hand and foot.

Its laughable. Her grandchildren are all middle aged as well, 2 nephews are actually wealthy. All five grandchildren are prolific breeders. 4 kids each, except the one who is doing IVF. So let them fight over grannies cash. she's 89 and so paranoid and secretive we don't even know how much money there is. Its somewhere between 50k and 9 million. But I don't need any after all my yrs of caregiving, cuz, ya know, I'm child free.

the same thing happened to a friend of mine, she was in her 40s, unmarried, child free. She moved in and gave her ALzheimer's mom 24/7 care for 13 yrs, only doing part time work cuz mom couldn't be trusted in the house alone for long.
When the mom died and the house was sold, breeder sis and bro charged caregiver 13 yrs rent from the sale of the house. Not sure how much the house sold for, but even the lot was worth at least $150K. My friend recieved a check for less than $5K after breeder's lawyers charged her for rent. While she gave 24/7 parent care. the breeders lived many states away. But ya know, grandkids.

Welcome aboard.

I've known my entire life I didn't want kids. I've never been able to stand them. I don't have any pets right now because my current lifestyle isn't fair to one. Maybe in the future!
February 03, 2017
Welcome to the board! You'll find some great CFers here. smiling smiley
Greetings and bienvenue,

You folks can call me Soul, for I do certainly appreciate the irony. I have been childfree for almost twenty-two years (being minted circa 1995), and plan to live out my hopefully lengthy existence in an identical manner. I personally believe that overpopulation can be directly tied to every conceivable enviromental issue (no pun intended), and that the most efficient way to deal with these issues is to resist the urge to bring another shrieking horror into this sardine can like planet. On top of that, on a societal level, my personal genes may be better left unpropigated, I do not so much suffer from Autism, but I do exist with it in tow, and with the disorder comes a certain amount of aggressive tendencies that are thankfully mitigated by my small frame, learned self control, and regular medication. One trembles at the idea of spawning a larger, stronger, less self conscious person with the same short fuse, something frightfully likely considering that the disorder exists in three generations of my family, with a direct line to me, of which I plan to be the end point.

I stumbled upon this form after a google search about children and pets a few months ago. Family friends have recently produced a miniture shit factory of their own, and grown critical, if not disgusted with their once beloved dogs, and have talked about reliquishing their guiltless pets, once called their "babies". I found this forum, and was more than impressed with your candor on the subject. I've dealt with my fair share of "when you are older" and "it's different when it's your kids", I've been labled selfish and naive, but here I may find a place where I can, uncensored, speak on my experiences.

I look forward to future activities on this board. Looks like an awful lot of fun!

Warm regards,

Souless Scientist
February 24, 2017
welcome sign

soulessscientist
the most efficient way to deal with these issues is to resist the urge to bring another shrieking horror into this sardine can like planet.

I find I have an extraordinary amount of willpower, having never been remotely tempted...

More seriously, I do admire people who have an interest in parenting and pursue it through adoption. Every other reason for having children is selfish, in the true sense of the word: detrimental to others who already exist.
"Hurray I'm registered!"(use this thread to introduce yourself)
March 13, 2017
Greetings, everyone. I am a long-time lurker and I decided to take the plunge and share some of my thoughts and opinions. I can relate to so many of your anecdotes. When I was a child I preferred the company of adults over my peers. A one-time babysitting gig at 14 firmly and permanently solidified my childfree stance (being introverted and a bit of a germaphobe helped as well.). I am now 48 and have absolutely no regrets about being childfree.

I work at a university library--what was once a wonderful haven for scholarly pursuits has been transforming to a kid-friendly environment the last five years or so (ugh!). Even some of the local events in the college town I live in must be "family friendly" to be successful--it's as if other adults are invisible! Anyway, I am glad to meet like-minded people such as yourselves.
Welcome to the board!

We sound a lot alike, in the sense that we are the same age, I always preferred to spend time with adults rather than annoying little brats, and I also did loafsitting, which was one of the reasons I decided to remain childfree.
Thank you, mumofsixbirds.

I was a shy, quiet, and obedient bookworm and I never understood why kids my age were so immature. Talking to adults was cool because I felt that they understood me.

Loafsitting? Never again!

Glad to have kindred spirits out there in the cyberworld!
Hey there. I'm not good at intros. So just hi. I've been away from cf forums for awhile now. Used to be on selfish heathens, but I think it's gone these days. Anyway, I'm 43, married with 2 kitty cats and now disowned from all family members (yes!). I knew at age 5 I was cf. Also that I wanted to be either Cagney or Lacy when I grew up. Glad to be here. faces spelling out newbie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login