Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

thumbs up"Hurray I'm registered!"(use this thread to introduce yourself)

Posted by zeropop 
I grew up with younger brother, in a house where my Dad works at home in a creative profession and my mom wore the pants. I'm 35 now and I went into a similar profession. I marketed my Dad's business once I got my computer degree, then, after making my Dad more money and new clients in a single 2 year period than he'd ever had, my mom retired from her job, and together, they fired me, and continue to use the clients I introduced them to to pay their bills, and ignore the internet's ability to make more, out of pride. Even before this happened, my mom would take a full 1-2 years off, every 5-10 years growing up, because "it's hard working AND being a mom". Now it's "I did my job". Meanwhile, my Dad will work until he'd dead.

At the same time all this was happening my brother got his wife pregnant and they had 2 kids in 3 years. Of course, even though I do practically the same thing as my Dad, and made my parents the money to afford her to retire, nothing I have done or will ever do will be one millionth as important as those precious carbon copies. My brother and his family live 9 hours away from my parents, and I live one, and our house is on the way. But....my folks see them 3-5 times a year, and never come over. My brothers wife is also a non-biological replica of my mom, who has never had a full time job once in the 12 years she'd dated / been married to my brother, and will no doubt ride the "stay at home mom" profession even when her kids are teenagers driving cars.

All of this put together made me somewhat of a sexist in my 20s, Im not proud to say. However, at 29 I met my fiance of going on 7 years, who I have lived with for 6, who has saved me from becoming estranged from the rest of my family. She is the most childfree, honest and down to earth woman I have ever met. I can actually watch a TV show with her without her automatically assuming every woman with a child is a delicate flower that deserves to be waited on hand and foot. For example: when I used to watch a show with an ex where a woman trapped a man with a pregnancy, the exes would say stuff like" well it takes two to make a baby". My fiance, on the other hand says "she totally trapped him, what a bitch". It's super refreshing to be with a female who doesn't think the world revolves around giving birth and raising children.

But that's me ^^^. I'm here mainly for the entertaining comments you can't / aren't allowed to say on normal social media. You all are going great!
Re: thumbs up"Hurray I'm registered!"(use this thread to introduce yourself)
October 12, 2018
Hello, I'm Fleur. I've been lurking for awhile and finally decided to join. I've never wanted kids and they are annoying when I'm around them too long.
Hey everybody,

After a couple of months of reading a lot of encouraging and inspiring posts of all the like-minded people here, I finally gathered the courage to join myself.
I'm a part-time musician/artist, part-time material scientist (PhD student) from Germany, in my mid-20ies now, and have been freedom-loving, childfree and an antinatalist for as long as I can remember - for a wide array of reasons. Never even came close to fence sitting.

Even while I was a kid myself I disliked/despised the contact with chyldrun, never enjoying their “company” (more like: their lousy screeching, babbling, throwing dirt, running around breaking stuff and finally: bullying) at any moment, and never wanting to share (waste, actually) my own precious life with one of those selfish, wasteful, illogical monstrosities. Equally, I avoided breeders with their baybeetalk, mommy/daddyjacking everything not nailed down, and their signature bingo-games as much as possible as well, like the plague they are.

And unfortunately, coming from a "Christian" household, this got me into a lot of insults, bingos and arguments from sides of my family, making me pretty much a highly annoyed, sick-of-everything outcast, and giving me social anxiety and inferiority complexes among other; latter ones, since nothing I otherwise achieved was validated, cause I’m an “evil chuyldhater” in their eyes.
Just for the record: I’m not a hater. I don’t wish children harm in any way, no matter how messed up and bratty they are – all I want is, that they stay the heck away from my personal and professional life.

I'm happy that I found this forum, with so many awesome childfree people, their life experiences, and actual free speech.

This year, an even tougher impact happened on my life. I have lost the man of my dreams to his irrational, uncompromiseable and fanatical kydbreedermania.
He was an amazing, perfect musician, composer and (seemingly) intellectual, and I loved him damn much, but unfortunately, after 2 years the true colors showed, and even though I told from the beginning about my childfree stance, he started to blurt out constantly about WANTING!!!!! 3 kydzz and the arguments and fights that followed were awful, making me even more of a mental mess.
He brutally bingoed me in every way possible, and every reply from my side was discarded as "bullsh*t I got from the internet" or "MY mental illness caused by my 'upbringing' ". So, I had no choice but to leave (or get dumped, question of perspective, I guess). All that left me in depressions ever since.
Anyway, I'm happy to be here now, where I can be myself, without any fear of some breeders/wannabreeds rhetorically jumping all over me with their rat-eaten “logic” grinning smiley

Cheers!
Bastet
November 02, 2018
Nice to meet you, Bastet! Sorry about the breakup - it's always tough even when you know it is for the best and even if they behave badly in the end and turn some of that sorrow into anger.

I find Germany strange because there are all sorts of benefits for breeding (like getting extra time for your PhD), but at the same time, I don't think that most people actually like kids very much. Certainly nobody enjoys the noise and clutter. It sometimes seems that people have them just because they think they ought to, just like they stay registered with the church so that they can get married/buried there.
November 02, 2018
Hi Bastet,

Welcome to the board! I'm also sorry to hear about your breederific boyfriend. Thank goodness you guys didn't get married before he decided to unleash this nonsense on you.

You sound so much like me! I couldn't stand being around kids when I was one, either. I also come from a religious family, and have endured the BS from them about my views on kids. I live in Canada, but I am of German descent...well, half German and half Dutch. I was raised by the German side of my family.

I love this place, because it's one of the only havens where CF people can truly express how we feel about breeders and brats, without getting banned.
Thanks a lot for the kind welcome folks,
Yurble, youre totally right, Germany is pretty much the Land of conformists, people are mostly sheeple, not many think for themselves, just going with the flow, especially with breeding. Its just "the thing you do". With the benefits, I'm actually not well informed enough to know. I did hear a breeder work-colleague moan about "scarcity of preschool places", but I dont know. As for benefits, I only know of the childsupport money the state pays, and taxes being a bit lower, but even that I dont know too well. What for anyway grinning smiley As if the truly lil benefits could outweight the actual material and emotional scarring a brat inflics. LOL. About PhD-timings, I dont really know either. Usually there are strict rules, 3 or 4 years as a university employee. But even that depends on the Prof I guess. Mine is pretty breederfriendly, as I got to know, gives day offs and stuff. Half the goddamn institute is sprogging, even hanging photos of these potato goblins on the effing bulletin board. So yeah, you might be right on that one too -.-
And yes, Mumofsixbirds, couting my blessing not to have to deal with a divorce...
Thanks for this awesome forum, and to an awesome time!
Cheers

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Freedom & Art & Music >>>>>>>>>> human spawn

"Music is immortal. People are not."
-William Anger, "King's Story" - Thief2 FM by Zontik
I think I'm back.
August 03, 2019
Way back in the dawn of time, when I was still using WebTV, I belonged to a childfree forum. It was a rolllicking place with many regulars, one of which was a poster who signed himself gutterboy (all caps, with a space between letters.) I loved it there! Is this the newest incarnation of that board?
Whether it is or isn't, I'm glad to be here. I'm 65 now, so the whydon'tchahavekids yammer has long receded. I still crave the adults-only web experience, natch.
About that WebTV; we ditched that in 2001 when Mr. Terrier and I got real computers. Good lord, that was a prehistoric experience.
Anyway, hello all!

~~~ride your bike.
Re: I think I'm back.
August 03, 2019
bostonterrier
Way back in the dawn of time, when I was still using WebTV, I belonged to a childfree forum. It was a rolllicking place with many regulars, one of which was a poster who signed himself gutterboy (all caps, with a space between letters.) I loved it there! Is this the newest incarnation of that board?
Whether it is or isn't, I'm glad to be here. I'm 65 now, so the whydon'tchahavekids yammer has long receded. I still crave the adults-only web experience, natch.
About that WebTV; we ditched that in 2001 when Mr. Terrier and I got real computers. Good lord, that was a prehistoric experience.
Anyway, hello all!

Welcome to the board, bostonterrier! Congrats on living the REAL life of freedom! smiling smiley

Going to be 51 this year, and NO brats to burden me down. It's the best decision I've ever made. I don't know if the other board was affiliated with this one previously, but I've been here less than 10 years. Maybe another longer-time member would know?

Anyhoo, enjoy the board. It's been my homeboard for around 8 years and I've met some great like-minded people here.
August 03, 2019
When does it finally end, that's what I want to know! (I wasn't around on former incarnations of this board, so I can't answer the rest.)
August 03, 2019
Thank you, 'mumofsix!" hahahha
I own two budgies in addition to an imperialistic cat.
August 03, 2019
yurbie, in my experience, it finally ends when you develop a perfect ignore response. I'm still working on that.
Good luck to both of us.
August 03, 2019
bostonterrier
Thank you, 'mumofsix!" hahahha
I own two budgies in addition to an imperialistic cat.

You're most welcome! I used to have six birds when I started on the boards, but many of them went to the Rainbow Bridge, sadly. I have a conure named Conner and a cockatiel named Leah now. They are 9 and 11 years old, and my kids.

I initially gave myself that nickname as an irony to moos who proudly post "momof3boys" etc. on social media. I've thought about changing it, but it can get confusing. I've decided to keep it, at least for now.
August 04, 2019
bostonterrier
Anyway, hello all!

That was usenet alt.support.childfree. Usenet is all but dead. Not to many of us left from then. Check out the cultural archive thread.

Ah! Thanks, Thom_C!
Well the last time I had an account, I didn't post and the account got deleted so I guess I better post something.

I'd like to tell the story about how I found bratfree. I didn't know about childfreedom as a thing, or forums dedicated to it. About 5 years ago, I did a google search for "I hate skylar white". Most of the results I found were complaining about her change in morals once she got comfortable with Walt's money. You were the only people on the whole internet who really got it.

Been a lurker ever since.
toraneko
Well the last time I had an account, I didn't post and the account got deleted so I guess I better post something.

I'd like to tell the story about how I found bratfree. I didn't know about childfreedom as a thing, or forums dedicated to it. About 5 years ago, I did a google search for "I hate skylar white". Most of the results I found were complaining about her change in morals once she got comfortable with Walt's money. You were the only people on the whole internet who really got it.

Been a lurker ever since.

Are you ChildFree?
Yes I am childfree and yes I understand the definition of the word as it relates to this forum.
toraneko
Yes I am childfree and yes I understand the definition of the word as it relates to this forum.

Sorry, but it's good to know. I wasn't sure because we've had a few childed people slip through the cracks, and your post mentioned that you didn't know childfreedom was a 'thing'.
Well, I really didn't. I mean, I had heard the term mentioned years ago by friends but didn't think much about it. I didn't know there was any kind of community around it. I just knew what was right for me.

Let me put it in perspective. I didn't even start having regular sex until I was in my 30s because of the trauma of vaginismus. There was no way I was gonna endure childbirth. The very idea of it is revolting.

I realize you are all on guard because of past experiences. You have no reason to believe me, but I'm no troll.
Hey, no problem. I totally get it. I knew since I was a kid that I didn't want any. I didn't find out about child freedom until I was much older. It feels good to know I'm not the only one who thinks child birth and rearing is revolting.
Hello all you awesome CF people. I'm happy to be here. I found this site 2 years ago in high school when I was looking for any kind of validation I could find that I wasn't a freak for not wanting kids.

I found this forum and I was overjoyed when I realized that I wasn't alone.

I'd like to give a shoutout to popcornculturejunkie. Your blog is awesome and spot-on.

bouncing smileys

If any of you want to know more about me, just PM me. I gladly respond when I can
September 25, 2020
Hi, I lurked this space for a few years. I won’t have kids because I have autard genes, had my life severely impacted by an autard brother, and I’m partially autarded myself. Also I already had to look after him in my childhood because my breeder dad felt his endless hobbies were more important than his children’s wellbeing. Look forward to venting and reading about all the moos and duhs we deal with.
Hi everyone! I found this glorious forum after months of absolute disbelief while reading the shitshow known as breakingmom on Reddit. It’s a constant hellhole dumpster fire over there! I got so pissed at all the dumb moos replying with absolute horseshit and delusional lies as they blab on and ban anyone who may speak a sliver of truth. If I read one more Moo self diagnose their brat as ‘ADHD’ or ‘autistic’ just to excuse their shitty parenting and never admit they fucked up with their choice, I’ll go crazy. Naturally, I am banned (hilarious)but I make a point to downvote the stupid posts to rattle their intolerant leaky fraken-cunts. I was so pleased to find a place that pointed out what I was thinking while reading that circle jerk of delusional shit. And all y’all are hilarious!

Anyways, I’m based in NYC, in my mid-thirties and happy as a clam being wild and free. I let go of caring about others’ opinions and I found genuine love that makes me happy with nine years under our belt. Both of us agreed kids change everything and we’d rather a passionate love instead. As an independent thinker, I’m happy being me and having freedom to choose where I go and what I want to do.

I’m a hell no for pushing a melon out of my pussy, I enjoy sex(and I don’t buy any moos that claim they are completely the same after, that’s good for a laugh). And another NO for the miserable years dedicated in servitude to the upbringing of ungrateful brats that turn into hateful teens. And if anybody thinks their children will take care of them in their later years, they are out of their minds. The whole thing seems like a massive sacrifice that maybe a few are truly meant to do. I had a good childhood and generally like kids, but don’t feel any need to make my life worse by having any and confusing the daily pain as purpose. Live and let live. My mantra is society doesn’t tell me what to do.

Happy to be a part of a group that sees shit for what it is and hell no’s out of signing up to be a dumb moo just to check off the box. Thanks!
February 07, 2021
nobaybeez35
Hi everyone! I found this glorious forum after months of absolute disbelief while reading the shitshow known as breakingmom on Reddit.

Happy to be a part of a group that sees shit for what it is and hell no’s out of signing up to be a dumb moo just to check off the box. Thanks!

welcome

Hello thanks for the approval! Someone linked this site on the childfree reddit sub and after doing a snoop looked exactly like what I wanted to join! I'm 29f and a decided to go back to school and study for my dream career.... because I can and not have to worry about caring for children.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login