Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

thumbs up"Hurray I'm registered!"(use this thread to introduce yourself)

Posted by zeropop 
Hey there everyone,

I'm not good at introducing myself either, but here goes... I have been reading this forum for a few months as well, and I enjoy coming here immensely. I did register on CFL and have made a few posts, but I too find it often fawning toward the breeders' POV. I have been lurking here for some time, but I'm a little shy sometimes, so I'm just now getting around to registering. (Please don't hold it against me! blushing)

I think this site was temporarily 'out of commission' or something when I first went to CFL, but I heard so much about it--I just had to check it out (!) when it was back up and have been coming here ever since.

P.S. I'm not the princess-y type, so don't let the handle fool ya. I'm really into classic films, hence the name (from "From Here to Eternity"). Okay, maybe redundant for those who know... Anyway I look forward to finally being 'official' here. thumbs upwink
Re: thumbs upup"Hurray I'm registered!"thumbs upup(use this thread to introduce yourself)
December 03, 2010
Hello! :1welcome
Re: thumbs upup"Hurray I'm registered!"thumbs upup(use this thread to introduce yourself)
December 03, 2010
Tiquer
Hello! :1welcome

DITTO!!!!!!:1welcome

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
December 03, 2010
:1welcome
:meta

- The human gene pool could use a little chlorine
Anonymous User
Hi!!
December 04, 2010
Hello!!

I've been cruising this message board for a few weeks now, and I suppose I am probably considered a fencesitter ( IF IF IF IF IF I EVER have kids, I'm adopting...) but I agree SO MUCH with a lot of what you guys say on here. Also, I'm of the belief that single people are worth JUST AS MUCH as people who've pushed protoplasm out their cooters (another phrase I've used is 'farted out children')...

Anyway, excited to discuss things with people!!

grinning smiley
I've been lurking a long time and posting for a while, so I figured it was time to say hi.

So, Hi! smiling smiley
December 05, 2010
Hello Everyone !:1wv

For about 15 years, I have been on various child-free boards and lists.
One might describe me as fairly hardcore but reasonable.

Currently in my mid-40's, I had both an ablation and a tubal ( If you are sure- get the cure) many years ago and despite a long recovery from each surgery due to unrelated medical conditions, they were some of the best decisions in my life.

I am quite happy as a single independent person, but occasionally date or have a relationship.
About a decade ago, I made being child-free a dating requirement and eventually found a person who is only slightly less hardcore than myself on the child-free issues.

My interests focus on cycling issues and ecological concerns.
I am currently working on some low budget modern / Zen-type nest lining and preparing to start a part-time home-based business.

I have lurked here for a couple of months because I do believe in getting to know the milieu of the group before deciding to join.
I did try to post something this week, incorrectly, because it was not obvious to me that you needed to register to post (D'Ohhhh!).

Anyways, I am glad to see another board that doesn't pussy-foot around breeders and their issues.
Please keep it that way!

Cassia ( same username as on a couple of other CF boards)
December 05, 2010
Hello and :1welcome
Hey all! I used to be registered back before the site went down. I am so happy that this place is back up—you guys have no idea how much I've missed it. I've been lurking for quite a while now, and finally kicked my lazy butt into registering again.

smile rolling left rightsmile
Hello! Another newb to the forum, but not to being brat free (I've NEVER had the desire or want to have a brat of my own). I never thought to look for child free forums before, because it's always been so negatively received everywhere else, and have been pleasantly surprised to find places that accept it and are of the same feelings smiling smiley

I'm 23, been married for 3 years in February, together for 6. We're both CF and have three great black cats - the only type of "kids" we ever want. I drag race, pole dance (for fitness/fun), do aerial silks and hoop, and go to college full time on top of my full time environmental chemistry job.

I absolutely despise getting the bingoes at work all the time, as well as from my husband's family. My family is pretty much settled on the fact we will remain CF, his, not so much, and for awhile blamed me for not giving him the joys of children (joys my ass! I cant stand to be around them!)

Looking forward to posting and interacting on the board smiling smiley
Nothing interesting about me. I don't have kids, that's about it. Not married either, but that's because, well, I don't really know why and frankly I don't care anymore. People have long stopped bugging me about either, so all is well.
I love animals to the point that I mute the TV when animal stories are shown (ie a dog bit a kid because he climbed over a fence, and of course the dog has to be put down. Total bullshit) and of course those ASPCA commercials showing pathetic cats and dogs in cages. I can't stand it.

And that, my friends, is my bio. I'm really not as boring as I sound, but just in an apathetic mood right now.
Hey all...I've been here for about a year now, but after the recent unavailability, my log-in info doesn't work, so I had to register again. Not sure if any of you remember me, but it's nice to have this place back thumbs upwink
SlumSlut
We are going to disable the ability of non-registered users to post anyway, so the point will be moot very shortly.

How soon will that happen? Non-registered users will not be able to view the forum as well?
December 08, 2010
B
SlumSlut
We are going to disable the ability of non-registered users to post anyway, so the point will be moot very shortly.

How soon will that happen? Non-registered users will not be able to view the forum as well?

We decided to postpone doing that.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
Heya,

I am a 32 yr old female from the wonderful land of australia. Currently reconciling with my partner of 10 yrs (broke up for a year due to non chyld related stuff) but the key is that we dont want squalling brats!! I have been a long time lurker but want to register to be part of the community as I think finally my grumpy CF bitch may be showing. And I want to bitch god damn it!!

k
December 09, 2010
:1welcome to all of our new famblee!:fmbl

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
Hello everyone!
I've been lurking around for a while.
I'm 30 years old and I'm a personal wellness coach. I've been starting to get flack about not having children in the last couple of years. I'm currently not in a relationship and I've been starting to make childfreedom a requirement.
I'm a (Star Trek) geek. My computer and my phone are my faithful companions.
I LOVE animals, especially cats. Children don't do much for me. Some are cute, most are annoying; but when I see a cat, my brain turns to mush!

I love the fact that you don't tip-toe around anyone's feelings on this board. I get so sick of being politically correct all the time and respecting everone's feelings! More and more often I find myself in a situation where someone opens their mouth and I know exactly, what they are going to say. It's as if people swallowed the manual on political correctness. You can't get a real, honest opinion out of anyone anymore! And if you do, it's full of disclaimers and qualifiers. And you get a lolly pop at the end.
I don't mind being polite in real life, but it's wounderful to find a board where I can just be a bitch and nobody is going to cry about it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" ... what's one more once you've already got two shedding on the couch?"

December 09, 2010
trekkie monster

I love the fact that you don't tip-toe around anyone's feelings on this board. I get so sick of being politically correct all the time and respecting everone's feelings!

That's right; we don't respect anyone's feelings here!

:1welcome

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
Greetings,
It is the Wolf from before. I am Merlynherne's other half. I just thought I would say I am back now.
Hi, everyone! After lurking for awhile, I have decided to join, and I'm really happy to be here. This place rocks! About me: I'm 30 years old, female, and have known since I was 16 that I never wanted to have children. I have a degree in English, am divorced from a fencesitter, and I enjoy writing, hiking, trying new foods and beers, listening to music, and hanging out with my cat. She is nine years old, looks like Figaro from "Pinocchio," and is referred to as "my little bug."

I came here from TFCL, where I posted a few times after I had my tubal (my gift to myself for my 30th birthday. That gift was later rewarded and celebrated with a trip to Key West with my terrific CF boyfriend), but I was a little disenchanted - too much breeder-pleasing. Not sure I understand the point of a CF forum when parents (cringe) are allowed. shrug

Anyway, I'm looking forward to visiting and posting as often as I can. It looks like a lot of fun! :hello
December 10, 2010
Hello and :1welcome to all.
December 10, 2010
trekkie monster
I LOVE animals, especially cats.

And yay, that's dear Drewey in your signature! smiling smiley

http://www.theittybittykittycommittee.com/search/label/Drewey

:1welcome, everybody!
December 15, 2010
Well - I guess I will actually post. I have been registered for a bit now. I have lurked since the old Bratfree. I lurked on TCFL and Selfish Heathens.

About me. I am a 40 year old woman. I am a CPS worker for DHHS in the US. Yes - I do one of the CF's worst jobs, but I love it. While I do not like Breeders, I do like children. I simply do not want one of my own. I am married to a CF man. We live with our 2 dogs and soon to be 3 cats (I want a kittengrinning smiley ). I like it hear as people tell it like it is. I might not be as hardcore as some of you, but understand what it is like.

ETA - My name is Kiera
December 15, 2010
Hello and :1welcome
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login