Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

thumbs up"Hurray I'm registered!"(use this thread to introduce yourself)

Posted by zeropop 
Re: thumbs upup"Hurray I'm registered!"thumbs upup(use this thread to introduce yourself)
December 15, 2010
kbc, i'm sure you will have some great stories to share with us. i like best the stories that come from first-hand experiences of our members, whether it be about family, work, or something that happened in line at the grocery store, or whatever.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
Re: thumbs upup"Hurray I'm registered!"thumbs upup(use this thread to introduce yourself)
December 15, 2010
Thanks everyone.

I do have some really good, or should I say BAD stories. In fact I am off in a few minutes to one of my Breeder's homes. She is disgusting.
Hello Everyonesmiling smiley

I'm an ethically childfree by choice female in my 20s. I believe it's unethical to procreate for numerous reasons but mainly because there are so many children already here that need loving homes. I hope to be sterilized before I turn 30, but everyone around me is completely against it because they think I'll change my mind about wanting children. They don't understand that it's not that I don't want children in my life but that I wouldn't feel right bringing children into the world. Strictly hypothetically speaking, even if I were to change my mind, I still wouldn't have biological children. I consider my choice ENTIRELY selfLESS and think it's the breeders who insist upon having DNA trophies that are the selfish and narcissistic ones.

In addition to being childfree by choice, I'm also "marriage free"/"spouse free" to the point of being borderline "relationship free" as well as pet free. I don't believe in the institution of marriage because, among other things, I think it discriminates against single people as well as people in nontraditional relationships. I see marriage as just another step in the LifeScript that I don't care to follow. As for being pet free, I'm the pet version of a breeder pleaser. I absolutely adore pets and animals in general, but I'm not responsible enough to care for them properly so I choose not to have any. I do, however, try to donate to animal charities whenever I can.

I've been lurking on this site for over a year. I was reluctant to join at first because I wasn't sure if I was "hardcore" enough to post on Bratfree. To be honest, I'm not sure exactly how "hardcore" I am. I like well-behaved children and good parents, but I hate HaTe HATE bratty behavior and breeder bullshit. I've always enjoyed reading this board because it's one of the few places online that tells it like it is and doesn't suck up to breeders. After being disenchanted with the breeder pleasing on TCFL, I finally decided to join here.

Explanation of My User Name:

Simple though it may be, my user name is a reflection both of my view on why people become parents in the first place and on parenthood in general. The phrase "unicorns and rainbows" is often used by us childfree to describe people that have idealistic notions of parenthood. I believe that it's these unrealistic expectations of a perfectly happy family that compel people to breed in the first place. A rainbow is also symbolic of those supposed "little moments" that supposedly "make parenthood all worth it." I mean think about it. How often do you see a rainbow? Exactly! It's a pretty rare occurrence just as I think those peacefully blissful moments in parenthood are rare. Also, when do you see a rainbow? Exactly! It's usually after a horrible rainstorm just as I think those few happy moments in parenthood occur after the brats have been worn out from having horrible temper tantrums. What is a rainbow anyway? Exactly! It's essentially an optical illusion just as the myth of the always happy families and idealized parenthood is an optical illusion.

Well, that's all for now. I hope you enjoy reading my posts about dealing with breeders because I certainly have a lot to share as well as a wealth of source material from my daily life. I also intend to make posts detailing my ewekneache (just another cre8tive spelling for "unique") philosophical perspective.
December 16, 2010
rainbow
Hello Everyonesmiling smiley

I'm an ethically childfree by choice female in my 20s. I believe it's unethical to procreate for numerous reasons but mainly because there are so many children already here that need loving homes. I hope to be sterilized before I turn 30, but everyone around me is completely against it because they think I'll change my mind about wanting children. They don't understand that it's not that I don't want children in my life but that I wouldn't feel right bringing children into the world. Strictly hypothetically speaking, even if I were to change my mind, I still wouldn't have biological children. I consider my choice ENTIRELY selfLESS and think it's the breeders who insist upon having DNA trophies that are the selfish and narcissistic ones.

In addition to being childfree by choice, I'm also "marriage free"/"spouse free" to the point of being borderline "relationship free" as well as pet free. I don't believe in the institution of marriage because, among other things, I think it discriminates against single people as well as people in nontraditional relationships. I see marriage as just another step in the LifeScript that I don't care to follow. As for being pet free, I'm the pet version of a breeder pleaser. I absolutely adore pets and animals in general, but I'm not responsible enough to care for them properly so I choose not to have any. I do, however, try to donate to animal charities whenever I can.

I've been lurking on this site for over a year. I was reluctant to join at first because I wasn't sure if I was "hardcore" enough to post on Bratfree. To be honest, I'm not sure exactly how "hardcore" I am. I like well-behaved children and good parents, but I hate HaTe HATE bratty behavior and breeder bullshit. I've always enjoyed reading this board because it's one of the few places online that tells it like it is and doesn't suck up to breeders. After being disenchanted with the breeder pleasing on TCFL, I finally decided to join here.

Hi rainbow,

As you've probably noticed in your lurking, there's a range of opinions. We have people who like children, but don't want to have their own. We have people who are oblivious to well-behaved children and dislike poorly behaved ones. We also have people who don't believe that there's such a thing as a PNB. You might see some things you disagree with (or, rather, you will see some opinions you disagree with), in which case you're welcome to either tell off the writer, respectfully disagree, or just ignore it and realize that no one person speaks for all of us.

I guess as a lurker you've already seen the recent post on being single by choice, which might be of interest to you.

I also have strong views on the ethics of having children, which primarily stem from environmental concerns about the impact of overpopulation. For me this makes it very difficult to congratulate anyone about a pregnancy because I believe that it is wrong to be increasing the population. The fact that I don't care for children makes it an easier decision for me personally, but I believe that even if I liked children I would refrain from producing them because of overpopulation and my genetic flaws.

I also don't have any pets, which sometimes seems like it makes me a rarity in the CF world.
December 16, 2010
:bal Welcome rainbow!

You sound like a beam of sunshine and I look forward to reading your posts.drinking coffee

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
December 16, 2010
Hi Rainbow,
Glad you've decided to join.
:1welcome
Hi everyone. (Waves)

I registered for this site a long time ago but never introduced myself. Bad me. I know. I was looking for a CF forum to join and when I Dogpiled it, this one was up and whadda ya know I already registered.

I'm Laura and I'm in Arkansas. I'm 30 and of course, child free. I had the Essure procedure done about four years ago and have yet to regret it. Ever. I'm a hockey loving single chick and I have started to volunteer for rescue orgs for cats and dogs. I have 9 cats of my own plus two labs and now I have four foster kitties.

Look forward to getting to know everyone.
December 16, 2010
Hi there! :1welcome
grinning smiley
yurble
I also have strong views on the ethics of having children, which primarily stem from environmental concerns about the impact of overpopulation. For me this makes it very difficult to congratulate anyone about a pregnancy because I believe that it is wrong to be increasing the population. The fact that I don't care for children makes it an easier decision for me personally, but I believe that even if I liked children I would refrain from producing them because of overpopulation and my genetic flaws.

Yes, Yurble, I feel exactly the same way whenever I hear someone is pregnant. I always think "Really, you just had to have your own DNA replicant when there's so many people already here including numerous children in need of loving homes?"eye rolling smiley You also brought up a good point about genetic flaws. This is another major ethical reason why I'm so against becoming a parent as there are some horrible life-altering genetic conditions that run in my family. I have to agree that even if I wanted children, I just couldn't imagine being selfish enough to risk passing on genetic conditions especially when there's nearly 7 billion people already on the planet. I'm astounded by just how selfish BREEDERS can be.:hs

kidlesskim
:bal Welcome rainbow!

You sound like a beam of sunshine and I look forward to reading your posts.drinking coffee

Thank you for the compliment, Kim. I'll try to make posts that will bring a smile to your face because that's just the type of person I am. It's yet another reason why I chose the name Rainbow. I'm very happy and fun-loving most of the time and enjoy some good breeder humor. waving hellolarioussmile rolling left rightsmile:jump:swsmiling smileygrinning smileytongue sticking out smiley
December 17, 2010
orangeflower
Hey guys, it's Faerie-StarV but I wanted to change my username so it's gonna be orangeflower(Florida state flower XD ) from now on and I'm happy that Bratfree is back! grinning smiley I just graduated two months ago and went on a vacation to Northeast the next day as a graduation trip. I'm working part time with my mom's new hair salon buisness and looking for a second job so I won't be on computer as much as I used to.

:1welcome back!

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
December 18, 2010
Hi there--glad to see you again! :1wv
Hey Everybody
December 18, 2010
I have been a lurker for some time now, but no longer. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading many of the posts concerning all the filthy parunts out there. I rely on mass transit so I can attest to the absolute foul and disgusting behavior of moos and duhs.

I am a student pursuing a degree in Computer Information Systems.

I enjoy reading, hiking, movies and video games( Half-Life 2=Awesome!)

I am also an animal lover. Wolves and dogs live in my soul.

Oh yeah, I HATE BRATS!!
Re: Hey Everybody
December 19, 2010
toomanybrats
I have been a lurker for some time now, but no longer. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading many of the posts concerning all the filthy parunts out there. I rely on mass transit so I can attest to the absolute foul and disgusting behavior of moos and duhs.

I am a student pursuing a degree in Computer Information Systems.

I enjoy reading, hiking, movies and video games( Half-Life 2=Awesome!)

I am also an animal lover. Wolves and dogs live in my soul.

Oh yeah, I HATE BRATS!!

:1welcome I am certain that the bullshit you witness on mass transit alone could keep us busy with topics for days.

December 19, 2010
No shit!! I would have to drive. I cannot sit on public transport with those people.
Anonymous User
December 19, 2010
kbc
No shit!! I would have to drive. I cannot sit on public transport with those people.

In my area, public transport is sheer hell. If it's not moos & their obnoxious offspring then you're having to deal with chavs giving you abuse, the unhinged or those not familiar with personal hygiene. Sometimes you'll encounter an individual that combines all of these delightful qualities.
December 19, 2010
rabbits_rats_rotties
kbc

In my area, public transport is sheer hell. If it's not moos & their obnoxious offspring then you're having to deal with chavs giving you abuse, the unhinged or those not familiar with personal hygiene. Sometimes you'll encounter an individual that combines all of these delightful qualities.

The wealthiest Moos own their own cars here smile rolling left righteyes2 They use my tax dollars to fund their vehicle purchases. Then they get cut off the system, the car breaks, they have no way to fix it, and then hop on the bus. I rarely use the bus now because of it. Too bad, as I liked to be green and not drive so much.
December 19, 2010
The things I have seen, heard, smelled. One time I had the sheer joy of having a pissy diaper in the seat behind me. Oh. My. God. You should have seen this moo!! Somebody fucked that thing?
Hi All.. I'm new to the board. I found this board by googling an annoying commercial.. and SOOO glad that I did!! 0

I'm 30, married, I live in WV, I'm in radio, an announcer, as well as webmaster and graphic artist. I've been CFBC since 17.

I love cats, football (WVU and Jets), music, macs and everything Apple. I play guitar, bass and drums. I love to shoot and edit video and pictures.
December 19, 2010
bassgalcrash
Hi All.. I'm new to the board. I found this board by googling an annoying commercial.. and SOOO glad that I did!! 0

I'm 30, married, I live in WV, I'm in radio, an announcer, as well as webmaster and graphic artist. I've been CFBC since 17.

I love cats, football (WVU and Jets), music, macs and everything Apple. I play guitar, bass and drums. I love to shoot and edit video and pictures.

ONLY West Virginia could possibly have as many hillbilly breeders as where I live in rural Kentucky. I feel your pain. Is your Walmart standing room only at the first of the month? Do they all pile up on PeePaw's truck and "come to town" in clans? Do they descend upon "all you can fill your gullet" places when they get their checks? I once rode along on a business trip with a former husband and ended up in the hills of West Virginia. I actually saw about ten kyds chasing after a school bus, much like yellow dogs chase cars. Yelping at the tires, jumping at the sides of the bus, getting way too close to it, etc....... bouncing and laughing

kidlesskim
bassgalcrash

ONLY West Virginia could possibly have as many hillbilly breeders as where I live in rural Kentucky. I feel your pain. Is your Walmart standing room only at the first of the month? Do they all pile up on PeePaw's truck and "come to town" in clans? Do they descend upon "all you can fill your gullet" places when they get their checks? I once rode along on a business trip with a former husband and ended up in the hills of West Virginia. I actually saw about ten kyds chasing after a school bus, much like yellow dogs chase cars. Yelping at the tires, jumping at the sides of the bus, getting way too close to it, etc....... bouncing and laughing

LOL.. Yeah.. the little "welfare checks" or "tax write-offs" for the workin' folk. Yep.. WalMart IS standing room only first of the month. I pretty much avoid WalMart any time, but especially the 1st-5th of the month.

So yea.. it's especially annoying living in a place like this, when you hate kids.. where it's a constant cycle of pumping out kids to make more money..and it's learned by the next generation.. and the next..

Careless breeding because "God wanted us to have it". Forget that NO contraception of any kind was used.. Nope. It was God's doin's. **eyeroll** "God will provide"... forget that they are dirt poor, or don't make enough money to support having kids. WUGH! WUGH! WUGH!

It's VERY frustrating!!!!
Hi all,
Like so many, I've lurked for awhile, using this site to maintain sanity and enjoying wholehearted laughter from the fine ass humor I've discovered here. I started proclaiming at seven that I didn't want children. Of course, that brought on sneers and self-richeous bingoes from family and others in general.

Twenty-three years and one successful Essure procedure later, I basically tell people to shove their smirking faces up their own asses when they try to bingo me. :yeah (Surprisingly, I've found that usually stops the smirk dead on, hmmm.) I also have zero tolerance for gender bingoes directed at me (such as females can't be physically stronger than males, can't drive, are only emotional, shop-a-holics who can't change a tire, blah fucking blah.) I don't obey the rules because physically and mentally I don't have to.

So, yeah, I'm not exactly popular with those whose brains are on auto-pilot. "It's all worth it" though (lol) to know that I won't be on my deathbed one day wondering who I really was.

Thanks for the laughs and the free thinking on this site! :beer

Danielle
Hello! I've been researching childfreedom all over the net and just found this site!

I'm 19 years old, and have never wanted children. I even created a blog for my Sociology class about the benefits of living childfree. I'm always looking for new information about the childfree.
December 23, 2010
Yay! My husband and I are ecstatically childfree. I sometimes wonder what the bingo-ers would say if I told them, "I have enough love and respect for my potential children that I will not be giving birth to them." They probably wouldn't get it. I can just see the tilted-head confused-dog look now.

I feel like I've discovered something new about myself, now that I know about childfreedom. I always thought I was that "unnatural woman" whose biological clock was broken. Now, I know that I probably didn't come with one factory-installed, which is a Good Thing.

I'm looking forward to reading threads and posting here and there. I have a newfound sense of validation that I'm not a freak, and I'm excitedly eating all this stuff up.

NooB question: I know that inpig means pregnant in cf lingo, but where does the term come from?
December 23, 2010
bassgalcrash
kidlesskim
bassgalcrash

LOL.. Yeah.. the little "welfare checks" or "tax write-offs" for the workin' folk. Yep.. WalMart IS standing room only first of the month. I pretty much avoid WalMart any time, but especially the 1st-5th of the month.

So yea.. it's especially annoying living in a place like this, when you hate kids.. where it's a constant cycle of pumping out kids to make more money..and it's learned by the next generation.. and the next..

Careless breeding because "God wanted us to have it". Forget that NO contraception of any kind was used.. Nope. It was God's doin's. **eyeroll** "God will provide"... forget that they are dirt poor, or don't make enough money to support having kids. WUGH! WUGH! WUGH!

It's VERY frustrating!!!!

At least Morgantown is more evolved....they have real department stores and Target. wink (yeah, I am a grad...loved it there.)

Welcome to you and all of the other new (and renewed) BFers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
I stumbled upon this place by accident and I have to say I like what I'm reading. It's good know I'm not the only one out there that is happy, childfree, and totally sick of taking shit for it. I think I'm going to like it here. :yr
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login