Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

thumbs up"Hurray I'm registered!"(use this thread to introduce yourself)

Posted by zeropop 
Re: thumbs upup"Hurray I'm registered!"thumbs upup(use this thread to introduce yourself)
December 28, 2010
starvingauthor
I stumbled upon this place by accident and I have to say I like what I'm reading. It's good know I'm not the only one out there that is happy, childfree, and totally sick of taking shit for it. I think I'm going to like it here. :yr

:1welcome

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
Re: thumbs upup"Hurray I'm registered!"thumbs upup(use this thread to introduce yourself)
December 28, 2010
Hello starvingauthor! :1wv
Hello all - I came across the site searching for childfree boards that aren't so damned apologetic. Glad I found you!
December 28, 2010

lab mom
Hi, everyone. smiling smiley Well, I've been lurking for a few months now; in fact I've been through the board's whole archives... I tend to like to lurk because I've never really done the forum thing before with any commitment, but I enjoy this site and I'm out of archives, so hey, let's give it a shot. I've posted at and lurked other CF boards, but they're all either too inactive or too breeder-pleaser/plain uninteresting. I have to admit I was a little taken aback at the level of vitriol here initially, but that's also why I stayed interested enough to go through the whole site, and I'm still here, so I think I'll do fine at not getting butthurt.

I'm in my early 20s and taking a college program in order to transfer to the second year of a criminology degree. I enjoy reading, video games, and getting drunk. No kids, so with a roof over my head and my school work done, I'm free to indulge these things. smiling smiley My younger brother has an unknown condition that his doctors seem to think I would probably carry, and I have an auto-immune condition that also has a genetic component. No great loss since I've never wanted kids anyway, but it is convenient to be able to tell people since they usually shut up after that. I have a copper IUD which is a godsend because I just don't have the patience to fuck around with trying to get sterilized at my age, and I live in Canada. Excuse the stream-of-consciousness nature of this introduction, but I am on my third rum of the evening. I hope I can contribute something around here, I certainly get enough entertainment out of this place..
Greetings, all!

I posted on Bratfree in the past as ValkyrieWithGuns. This board was one of my favorite online hangouts until it was taken down earlier this year. Other activities have since kept me away from the internet and I've just discovered Bratfree is back. I'm delighted at this discovery, child-hating she-devil that I am.

I'm an early-'20s recent college graduate in the southeastern US, though I might be moving in the semi-near future. My interests include European history, travel, clothing, reading, film, not reproducing, and much more (the majority of which I'll obviously only be able to enjoy as a result of not having kids to sap away my time and money). smiling smiley
December 29, 2010
Hi, I remember your name from the old days. :1welcome
December 29, 2010
Tiquer
Hi, I remember your name from the old days. :1welcome

Me too! :1welcome to you and all the newbies!
:hello

Thanks for the welcome, Tiquer and Medusa! It's great to be back on Bratfree!
January 01, 2011

Glad to have some of the oldies back! :1wv

lab mom
January 01, 2011

to the oldies and the newbies!:bal

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
January 02, 2011
kidlesskim

to the oldies and the newbies!:bal

and the dweebies! :nerd

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
Hello all - finally decided to register. I've been lurking since well before the site closed and reopened and one of my new year's resolutions is to stop creeping around and sulking, so here's my introduction:

I'm in my early-to-mid twenties, currently working on my dissertation and hoping to finish my Ph.D. in the next year or two. I love backpacking, kayaking and canoeing whenever possible. I'm a yoga and pilates addict (they keep me from going completely crazy in the breeder hellhole that is Texas) so I practice everyday. I listen to a ton of music, go to quite a few concerts, watch many crappy (and a few good) movies and enjoy sucking at guitar, being a pretty decent vegetarian chef, putting away the occasional steak, and doing more than my part in keeping the craft brew explosion alive. I'm originally from Colorado and presently wishing I was anywhere else but surrounded by nosy yokel parunts and being forced to witness more than a few of my friends mutate into them before having to swiftly end friendships.

Lurking has helped me to feel that I'm not entirely alone; hopefully posting will eliminate a little more bitterness...happy new year everyone.
Hooray, I am part of Bratfree once more! I used to post under the name Setina, and doubt anyone would remember me. It was last year and my posts were infrequent, little blips on the radar. Various boring and occasionally fascinating events kept me away from this wonderful site. Anyway, I am back-- definitely ready to stop being a creepy lurker. :1wv
January 04, 2011
nautilus
Hooray, I am part of Bratfree once more! I used to post under the name Setina, and doubt anyone would remember me. It was last year and my posts were infrequent, little blips on the radar. Various boring and occasionally fascinating events kept me away from this wonderful site. Anyway, I am back-- definitely ready to stop being a creepy lurker. :1wv

:1welcome back!

Hi!

It's me, Sprogless. I just got around to posting. Had to read and catch up on everything. I'm so glad the board is back! So good to see so many of you are still here, and a big welcome to all the newbies.
I've been a lurker for a while but finally decided to join.It's great to have a place where you feel free in your decision and won't be judged.And not having kids has to be one of the best decisions someone could make in their life.smug
January 09, 2011
Hi, everyone! :1wv
January 09, 2011
:1welcome to all of our newbies!

Hello! Tickled to be here!

I'm a happily 'fixed', middle-aged wife who has never been, and never will be, a parent! Thanks for providing a place where I can be incredibly honest about my child free feelings.
January 11, 2011
:1welcome and :1welcome back!

:partay
Anonymous User
I'd like to introduce myself
January 11, 2011
I've been visiting (lurking) for a while, and I love this site! For the most part, I hate all kids and their owners. I am in my late 40's, so pretty much past the stage of being hassled by idiots about my breeding choices. I believe that all kids should be raised in boarding schools until age 25, so they have at least half a chance of being brought up by semi-intelligent, trained adults. IMO, 'parents' are as extinct as teradactyls. The last time I saw actual parenting was with my ex husband's nieces. Those girls were absolute gems, so polite and pleasant. That was over 20 years ago...need I say more?

Anyway, I am looking forward to posting here. This place is an awesome little nook in a world of breedermania.
Hi all,

I am a 22 year-old man and was pretty ambivalent about kids at first. I assumed I was going to have them and follow the LifeScriptâ„¢. I have been dating a wonderful CF woman for over a year now, and am now on the bratfree side of the fence.

Cheers!
January 12, 2011
celda
Hi all,

I am a 22 year-old man and was pretty ambivalent about kids at first. I assumed I was going to have them and follow the LifeScriptâ„¢. I have been dating a wonderful CF woman for over a year now, and am now on the bratfree side of the fence.

Cheers!

:beer and welcome!

January 12, 2011
celda
Hi all,

Cheers!

Nice to have another rooster in the henhouse, LOL!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login