Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

thumbs up"Hurray I'm registered!"(use this thread to introduce yourself)

Posted by zeropop 
buzzhead
Hello, All!
After a three month absence, I am happy to be rejoining the Bratfree Community. I have noticed many new threads that have appeared and look forward to catching up on them and responding to a few. I know generally renewing older threads is usually frowned upon, but there are those that look too good to pass up. I consider myself a "Newbie", so I will be learning as I go.
Looking Forward,
buzzhead

I don't suggest thread necromancy unless there has been some sort of update on a news story posted or you have something to say that facilitates conversation (like a different POV on a subject). Not commenting for the sake of commenting, which is essentially what you're doing right now.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
Re: thumbs upup"Hurray I'm registered!"thumbs upup(use this thread to introduce yourself)
November 09, 2013
paragon schnitzophonic
buzzhead
Hello, All!
After a three month absence, I am happy to be rejoining the Bratfree Community. I have noticed many new threads that have appeared and look forward to catching up on them and responding to a few. I know generally renewing older threads is usually frowned upon, but there are those that look too good to pass up. I consider myself a "Newbie", so I will be learning as I go.
Looking Forward,
buzzhead

I don't suggest thread necromancy unless there has been some sort of update on a news story posted or you have something to say that facilitates conversation (like a different POV on a subject). Not commenting for the sake of commenting, which is essentially what you're doing right now.

I fell into this trap once before with another member. I won't do it again!
Re: thumbs upup"Hurray I'm registered!"thumbs upup(use this thread to introduce yourself)
November 09, 2013
Snark Shark
hi!

what's that thing in your sig pic?
Finally, a friendly face!
Hi to you as well, Snark Shark. :1wv
My profile picture is my shaver on a pillow with a bit of cord showing. It reminds me of a bird getting ready to pounce on a snake.
Another interpretation could be a dog getting ready to go to sleep.
buzzhead
paragon schnitzophonic
buzzhead
Hello, All!
Looking Forward,
buzzhead

Nobody is planting a trap for you. It's friendly advice from a longtime member to a self-admitted newbie. You said you wanted to learn the culture of the board; well here is a lesson: Don't resurrect a thread unless you have something of substance to contribute.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
November 09, 2013
paragon schnitzophonic
buzzhead
paragon schnitzophonic
buzzhead
Hello, All!
Looking Forward,
buzzhead

Nobody is planting a trap for you. It's friendly advice from a longtime member to a self-admitted newbie. You said you wanted to learn the culture of the board; well here is a lesson: Don't resurrect a thread unless you have something of substance to contribute.
Ok, Paragon, I'll Take Your Advice. No More Thread Posting If It Is More Than A Month Old.
Peace Out.
November 09, 2013
And you may want to treat the "elder" members of the board with some respect.

It will only improve your chances of being able to stay here.

~~~~~~~~~~~
I miss my little feather baby.
November 13, 2013
buzzhead
drake

Ah yes, Sir Drake, Valliant Defender Of Damsels. Doth Thee Desire a Duel? Swords or Pistols?
Touché, My Dear Old Chap.

saying 'wtf'
November 13, 2013
mumofsixbirds
buzzhead
drake

Ah yes, Sir Drake, Valliant Defender Of Damsels. Doth Thee Desire a Duel? Swords or Pistols?

saying 'wtf'

Don't worry mumofsixbirds, I was just being silly in a "Squire of Gothos" kind of way. I have no intention or desire to challenge Drake to an actual real life sword or pistol duel. I would never wish to do anyone on this site harm. I meant it in a playful way. smiling smiley
November 13, 2013
buzzhead
drake

You're a fucking idiot.

A purple dragon avatar and ya think I'm a guy?

I'm all woman, and don't piss me off.

You have no idea who you're dealing with.

~~~~~~~~~~~
November 24, 2013
Hi, all. After a long absence, I' m back to Bratfree. Thank God for this sanctuary! My name is Cathy, I'm 47 and have been with my husband Kevin for 24 years. We made the decision not to reproduce for a number of reasons: the primary one being I'm prone to depression and have fought it since I was 18. Bringing a kid into the mix would have made things even worse. Plus, we decided our relationship was complete without children. As most of you know, too many people are just too stupid to "get" that.

The last fricking straw came tonight. I made the monumental mistake of commenting on a fb post by Armchair Patriots. Okay, I'm a liberal--usually I agreed with their comments. Tonight they posted some total bullshit. It's "unfair," they said, to expect poor people not to have children. "Why should poor people give up love and intimacy?" As if crotchfruit is the only way to get that. I politely pointed out that children are not a requirement for either. Well, you had the luxury of birth control, they said. Not a luxury, I said. And condoms don't cost that much. And they work--if you use them! Well, the upshot is they told me I was being "totally weird." Screw that! I thought liberals would be more open-minded about failure to breed. Hell, no. We all have to live by the LifeScript!

Why I should give a rodent's butt about what some anonymous anus on fb has to say, I don't know. But frankly, I'm pissed. I expect the usual "children are a gift of God" crap at church, but from fellow liberals? Smh...thanks for letting me vent, this probably wasn't the right place, but I had to get it out.

It takes a child to raze a village.
November 24, 2013
cj
Why I should give a rodent's butt about what some anonymous anus on fb has to say, I don't know. But frankly, I'm pissed. I expect the usual "children are a gift of God" crap at church, but from fellow liberals? Smh...thanks for letting me vent, this probably wasn't the right place, but I had to get it out.

One thing that has always annoyed me about atheist sites is just how many people are prepared to use biological determinism as an argument for breeding. With the God argument removed, many are still quite hostile to the childfree.
November 25, 2013
Mods- could we get this razzletrash post deleted?

~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi all! I'm new here. I'm in my 50's and have always been CF. Still get bingo'd - it never ends. (Just this Thanksgiving I was told I should adopt.) Uh-huh. I'm not a child-hater, I simply always knew I wasn't going to have any. I'm glad there are some online communities for CF people!
Hi everyone. I am a recently divorced 30 something. Left my hubby in July because he thought I was content with leaving my profession (I am an Electrical Engineer) to be a moo and bare his children. I am glad there are forums like this to share my thoughts. When I am not at work, I enjoy sewing (mostly needlepoint) and running. I volunteer 2 nights a week at the Animal Shelter until I can move into a bigger home and take one of those guys home.

Drake:
I don't know what your problem is, but you are apparently an extremely miserable man and you should take your misery and negativity somewhere else and stop trying to act like you run this forum. You're clearly not intimidating anyone here and several of the members are clearly becoming annoyed with your comments.
Sorry to everyone else but I just had to get that off of my chest.
December 14, 2013
bailbrae27
Drake:
I don't know what your problem is, but you are apparently an extremely miserable man and you should take your misery and negativity somewhere else and stop trying to act like you run this forum. You're clearly not intimidating anyone here and several of the members are clearly becoming annoyed with your comments.

Why would you show up today and make an unprovoked comment about a regular member of the forum who was addressing a troll? If you want to use words like 'miserable' and 'negativity' to describe people here, and think the trolls are members, you will probably be happier at TCFL.
December 14, 2013
bailbrae27
Hi everyone. I am a recently divorced 30 something. Left my hubby in July because he thought I was content with leaving my profession (I am an Electrical Engineer) to be a moo and bare his children. I am glad there are forums like this to share my thoughts. When I am not at work, I enjoy sewing (mostly needlepoint) and running. I volunteer 2 nights a week at the Animal Shelter until I can move into a bigger home and take one of those guys home.

Drake:

waving hellolarious

~~~~~~~~~~~
December 14, 2013
bailbrae27
Sorry to everyone else but I just had to get that off of my chest.

DO fuck off. You've been here for the equivalent of five minutes and you're already a tiresome problem. Fucking cunt.
December 16, 2013
bailbrae27

Doing well so far...

bailbrae27
Drake:

Okay, ball officially dropped now. Goodbye.

Seriously, what the hell? You DO NOT just register for a forum, then start up like you own the place. IDIOT.

--------------

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it."
George Bernard Shaw

"An oyster can play catch if u only give it the oprotunity"
Some random YouTube commenter

"hate comments will be deleted!! fuckers!"
Some random YouTube uploader

December 16, 2013
Drake, you've got fans!
You manly man, you.

winking smiley
winking smiley winking smiley winking smiley lolololol!
December 16, 2013
Presto
Drake, you've got fans!
You manly man, you.

winking smiley
winking smiley winking smiley winking smiley lolololol!

I love fans.....for breakfast.:satan

But aren't you all "clearly annoyed" with me?waving hellolarious

I mean, I didn't realize that I no longer have any friends on this forum.grinning smiley

Fucking wanna-moo breeder-pleaser cunt.angry flipping off

~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi all. Thank you for existing as a safe and bingo free space. I'm 34, in a long term domestic partnership, DINK. My kindle isn't allowing me to upload an avatar so I must wait till I get on the lappy. I'm a happy geek in north carolina. Love star wars, hate squalling loaves. We're con nerds and rave geezers in this house. Sommelier by trade, wino by the grace of Bacchus. I'm looking forward to meeting you all.
December 19, 2013
Welcome dink4lyfe:1welcome

Please excuse my tirade above your post, but as I'm sure you realize, we get a lot of trolls here.

You sound fun and we always love geeks here!

We look forward to reading about your experiences.smiling smiley

~~~~~~~~~~~
dink4lyfe
Hi all. Thank you for existing as a safe and bingo free space. I'm 34, in a long term domestic partnership, DINK. My kindle isn't allowing me to upload an avatar so I must wait till I get on the lappy. I'm a happy geek in north carolina. Love star wars, hate squalling loaves. We're con nerds and rave geezers in this house. Sommelier by trade, wino by the grace of Bacchus. I'm looking forward to meeting you all.

Yay, another geek! grinning smiley :1welcome :beer

Why live in a fishbowl, when you could be swimming in the ocean?

"She, and all other rabid breeders, are like crabs in a bucket headed to Red Lobster. When they see a smarter crab escaping, they try to pull it back in." - Miss Hannigan

"Yeah, that's what family is about - guilt tripping people into cleaning up someone else's mess." - mrs. chinaski

(Shameless blog promotion: http://popcornculturejunkie.wordpress.com/)

(Cornucopia of visual rantage: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD78oSD27mzAlVzsB0q2ibA)
Hello!

I would just like to say that I'm so excited to have found a board/group of people that echo my feelings regarding kids! I thought I was a "oddball", not knowing there was a group for me! I've been kinda lurking for a while, and decided to take the plunge!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login