Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

thumbs up"Hurray I'm registered!"(use this thread to introduce yourself)

Posted by zeropop 
Re: thumbs upup"Hurray I'm registered!"thumbs upup(use this thread to introduce yourself)
April 24, 2014
Welcome laca!

You'll love it here!

:1welcome

~~~~~~~~~~~
I miss my little feather baby.
Hello. I am a 42 year old woman living and working in Southern California. I have been lurking for some time.

Interesting facts about me:
1. I own 6 costumes (Red Queen, Maleficent, Renaissance Princess, Alice in Wonderland Bar Wench, Friar, and a final one I just forgot the details about)
2. I value sleeping in late, structure, and spontaneous outings with my friends.
3. I am a bookworm, and I have about 200+ books I have never read
4. I am a former comic geek. I own roughly 6000+ comic books.
5. I don't want children.
6. I owe my last 2 promotions to Naomi Campbell.
Hi!
May 08, 2014
Hello!
Long-time reader/lurker here. Finally mustered the courage to create a login. I'm a female in her late 20's, married for 4 years, been a practicing dentist for 1 year now. Love this forum!
Re: Hi!
May 08, 2014
Welcome aboard!

If you don't now, I'm sure one day you'll have some good horror stories about brat patients of their parents!
May 08, 2014
Welcome! grinning smiley You will love here for sure :1welcome

“I was talking about children that have not been properly house-trained. Left to their own impulses and indulged by doting or careless parents almost all children are yahoos. Loud, selfish, cruel, unaffectionate, jealous, perpetually striving for attention, empty-headed, for ever prating or if words fail them simply bawling, their voices grown huge from daily practice: the very worst company in the world. But what I dislike even more than the natural child is the affected child, the hulking oaf of seven or eight that skips heavily about with her hands dangling in front of her -- a little squirrel or bunny-rabbit -- and prattling away in a baby's voice.”

― Patrick O'Brian, The Truelove

lib'-er-ty: the freedom given to you to make the wrong decision, based on the reasoned belief that you will normally make the right one.
May 08, 2014
Welcome to our corner of the Web! :beer
May 08, 2014
Clearly, I am unfamiliar with forums as I intended to post under the "introduce yourself" thread. Dang.
May 08, 2014
beewalt
Clearly, I am unfamiliar with forums as I intended to post under the "introduce yourself" thread. Dang.

That's okay, I'm sure the mods will move it. smiling smiley Anyhow, welcome to our forum!
May 08, 2014
Welcome to the group!
May 08, 2014
Hello...welcome to our clubhouse! :1welcome :jump

Why live in a fishbowl, when you could be swimming in the ocean?

"She, and all other rabid breeders, are like crabs in a bucket headed to Red Lobster. When they see a smarter crab escaping, they try to pull it back in." - Miss Hannigan

"Yeah, that's what family is about - guilt tripping people into cleaning up someone else's mess." - mrs. chinaski

(Shameless blog promotion: http://popcornculturejunkie.wordpress.com/)

(Cornucopia of visual rantage: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD78oSD27mzAlVzsB0q2ibA)
May 08, 2014
Welcome to this pariah corner of the interwebs. :1welcome band playing music
Anti Choice
May 24, 2014
Greetings!

I have a niece who likes to say, "The wrong people are breeding." Isn't that the truth!

Folks say, "parenthood should be a choice." I don't know about that. Some of the folks who choose to be parents are doing nothing but spreading misery around. The sad truth is that parenthood is often a very, very selfish choice.

My situation is this: I'm unmarried and sixty years old. There would be no danger of me fathering a child if I restricted myself to women my own age. Strangely, though, I seem to draw a great deal of attention from younger women. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining! Younger women, however, have younger uteruses -- and therein lies the problem. Fatherhood, at my advanced age, is a possibility. It's a genuine option, but it shouldn't be.

Truthfully, if I cared only about myself and never thought of other people I might choose to have a little tyke to bounce on my knee. I might want to hear people comment on my virility. Unlike some of you, children actually amuse me. I have fun making faces at those dear little munchkins. I mean, I've got plenty of reasons to want to have a child and the sad truth is that I could have a child if I chose. I could, but it would be wrong.

Bottom line is that I got a vasectomy. Not so much to make my own life happier, but to keep others from becoming unhappy.

My point is that I HAVE NO RIGHT to choose to cause a child to be brought into the world who is destined to have a father in his eighties when he goes to college. It's a choice I can make, but it's a choice I SHOULDN'T make. If my 'preference' is the deciding factor, my preference would do more to impede happiness than advance it.

There are plenty of brats in the world; but I don't think that brattiness is the fault of the brats themselves. Where there are brats there are parents who've exercised their supposed "right" to be parents -- but they've chosen wrongly. Selfish and destructive choices by individuals cause immense suffering in the society generally.

Bottom line is that I'm not a big fan of "choice" in the matter of parenthood. Choice would be fine if people were unselfish; but, in general, they're not. You all can make your choice -- but OTHER PEOPLE'S choices, other people's SELFISH choices are an affliction that effects us all -- including those who choose to be "bratfree".

You may want to be brat free but it's not something that's in your control. Other people's brats are YOUR headache -- your headache and mine; and neither you nor I had any choice in the matter.
Howdy there. I spent a lot of years ranting at alt.support.childfree, back in the days ...it's mostly idle now. So, I was looking around for the cf sites, this was the best, no breeders. reddit is too breederpleaser, not worth it. One big difference between now and the mid 90s when I first made contact with other cfs online, is that our beliefs are now infiltrating the mainstream media, our memes are spreading! See, it works! I usually posted under my name, Elizabeth. the handle 'tiggrrrsf' is from my days sitting in left field watching Barry Bonds hit 'em out of the park. The BleacherBeasts, Alex, Dawg, Joe Grill, etc, started calling me "tigger" and I got very well known by that name. Once you have been given a nickname in baseball, you have to keep it. I changed the spelling to "tiggrrr" because I don't want Disney coming after me. I got on tv entirely too much during the Bonds trial, and anyone who bashes BB is more ignorant that the most breederbrain titnazi familybed antivaxer. 'nuff said.

I was noted as a flamer in those days when the action was in the newsgroups, you whippersnappers don't recall those days, but I was there. I flamed a lot of numbnutted antibabortniks in alt.abortion, all ya gotta do is toss an incendiary and it ignites their cyberflatulence, and they have one thing in common with the KinderUberAlles types, they spew the same bullshit "arguments" that never were valid that they have been spewing for decades, and it doesn't make their bullshit any more real.

be seeing you
Hey! tiggrrrsf ! There's a few ASCFers here. You'll recognise us. Welcome aboard.

Tiger,

Big baseball fan from Boston. Also an MIT nerd. A few years ago I developed a thorough (and thoroughly complicated) formula for determining a player's overall offensive production. I'm enough of a geek to have taken the bother to sift through ancient box scores to cull information that wasn't easily available ... anyway, I determined that there were three players in baseball history who were, by far, more offensively productive than any: Babe Ruth, Ted Williams and Barry Bonds. Number four isn't even close. They are baseball's Holy Trinity (well, not so much 'holy' ... but definitely a trinity). I'm with you about Bonds ... but it may take a few centuries for his reputation to be rehabilitated. Society's ideas about what constitutes an 'unforgivable sin' changes with fashion and, eventually, Bonds will be appreciated for what and who he is.

If human beings absolutely MUST breed it may be best to manage things the way we do with thoroughbred horses. It couldn't have hurt Barry to be Bobby's son. Many other examples of successful baseball breeding as well.

Just sayin'
Anonymous User
Re: Baseball been berry berry good...
May 25, 2014
youwillnevermeanhalf
Tiger,

Big baseball fan from Boston. Also an MIT nerd. A few years ago I developed a thorough (and thoroughly complicated) formula for determining a player's overall offensive production. I'm enough of a geek to have taken the bother to sift through ancient box scores to cull information that wasn't easily available ... anyway, I determined that there were three players in baseball history who were, by far, more offensively productive than any: Babe Ruth, Ted Williams and Barry Bonds. Number four isn't even close. They are baseball's Holy Trinity (well, not so much 'holy' ... but definitely a trinity). I'm with you about Bonds ... but it may take a few centuries for his reputation to be rehabilitated. Society's ideas about what constitutes an 'unforgivable sin' changes with fashion and, eventually, Bonds will be appreciated for what and who he is.

If human beings absolutely MUST breed it may be best to manage things the way we do with thoroughbred horses. It couldn't have hurt Barry to be Bobby's son. Many other examples of successful baseball breeding as well.

Just sayin'

His mom was an athlete, too. The only one who ever beat Barry at any sport was his sister! BB's son is gorgeous, so was his mom, looks like the Hollywood version of Young Barry, is not an athlete. You need the genetic gifts, as well as the will. Like Secretariat. One of a kind, you won't see another. BTW, you think California Chrome has a chance at the Triple Crown? Speaking of breeding, Scott Hairston comes from a baseball legacy, grandfather was Negro League Hall of Famer, married his college sweetheart, the star of the softball team. They had two sons that I know of. Too bad most jocks marry models, if they married at least ballet dancers, their kids would have the advantages. Nothing wrong with eugenics, but it's wrong to kill those who aren't "superior" stock, just stop them from contaminating the gene pool already!

The only form of life lower than a Dodger (and their fans) is a Federal prosecutor. I wanted to smack down the entire pros team, and some of the witnesses deserved public shaming for being such lying corrupt douches. The sports writers covering the trial knew less about the law and the Federal system than I do about baseball! the mlb guy was the biggest asswad of 'em all.

BB was scapegoated, because he wouldn't pull a Jeter and pimp whatever mlb told him to. It was a warning from the team owners, who never got over free agency, the very clear message was, if we'll do this to him, think of what we will do to you if you get out of line ... mlb and the giants used BB and made goddess knows home much money off him, and one of the reasons I think they wanted him OUT was to make it easier for the next person to beat his record. If he'd played a couple more years, maybe as a DH, his record would have lasted too long, would have been too high a bar for future players to get over.

The giants organization then "debarrified" the stadium, eliminating all of his mentioni, taking his stuff out of the "official" stores, taking down all the signs .. .the park that Barry built, how shameful. Then, they keep raising ticket prices, scalping their own tickets, jamming in more seats, making it more and more crowded, long lines for everything, undercover cops, cameras everywhere, metal detectors, it's no fun, just like SF. Lost all sense of gaity, if you will. I stopped going, all the carpetbagger fans (who will never see BB hit) are really toxic, plenty of breeders, with an entitlement attitude, they even do the wave .. . imagine if you crossed the most obnoxious Yankees fan with the most douche-y Dodger fan, and that's what the neofans are like.

the players I really liked the most are mostly gone now, and so are most of my fave fellow fans. Economically cleansed, like this wretched City. :sam

I was at every day of the trial. I wanted to scream curses at that idiot judge, throw things at the
tiggrrrsf
Howdy there. I spent a lot of years ranting at alt.support.childfree, back in the days ...it's mostly idle now. So, I was looking around for the cf sites, this was the best, no breeders. reddit is too breederpleaser, not worth it. One big difference between now and the mid 90s when I first made contact with other cfs online, is that our beliefs are now infiltrating the mainstream media, our memes are spreading! See, it works! I usually posted under my name, Elizabeth. the handle 'tiggrrrsf' is from my days sitting in left field watching Barry Bonds hit 'em out of the park. The BleacherBeasts, Alex, Dawg, Joe Grill, etc, started calling me "tigger" and I got very well known by that name. Once you have been given a nickname in baseball, you have to keep it. I changed the spelling to "tiggrrr" because I don't want Disney coming after me. I got on tv entirely too much during the Bonds trial, and anyone who bashes BB is more ignorant that the most breederbrain titnazi familybed antivaxer. 'nuff said.

I was noted as a flamer in those days when the action was in the newsgroups, you whippersnappers don't recall those days, but I was there. I flamed a lot of numbnutted antibabortniks in alt.abortion, all ya gotta do is toss an incendiary and it ignites their cyberflatulence, and they have one thing in common with the KinderUberAlles types, they spew the same bullshit "arguments" that never were valid that they have been spewing for decades, and it doesn't make their bullshit any more real.

be seeing you

Welcome.
Also was at alt.support.childfree; same name: Khan.
Hello! I've been lurking for quite a while now.

I'm a 32 year old atheist / bisexual living in a rural area, and yeah, I haven't met many other childfree people out in real life.
I got my tubal ligation done 10 1/2 years ago (yea!) and it was the best gift I ever gave to myself. The only babies I've ever been interested in are baby animals.

My screen name was inspired by the worker bees in a honey-bee hive who are born sterile and do all the real work to keep the hive running.

Hi! :hello

Apologies in advance if my post is long-winded. It's just nice seeing people who "get it".

I've been lurking many CF boards for the past few years, ever since I discovered CF was a thing. I read a post on TCFL saying that they were more moderate than Bratfree, so I decided to check these boards out. This place is definitely better for me.

I'm a 23 year old female, living in Denver. I recently married a wonderful CF man! My CFdom was one of the first things I brought up to him when we started talking, and he approved; he was relieved to find a woman who wasn't baby-rabid. There's nothing more attractive than a person who doesn't have kids and DOESN'T WANT THEM!

All my life I've known that I've never wanted children; as a child I always envisioned myself living somewhere in the country with a shitload of cats. I love cats. Babies were NEVER in the picture. I was a tomboy, never played with dolls or anything. Loved my stuffed animals, legos, and hotwheels, and digging around in the dirt for bugs. I was always glad to be an only child and I never got along with kids my age or younger, I much preferred to hang out with adults.

I'm an introvert! An INTP to be exact. My personality does factor into my CF stance, though the most solid reason I do not want children is because I can not think of any rational reason to have them, if that makes sense. I'd make a shitty mother and I know it. I view it as unethical to knowingly pass on my mental problems to someone else, as there is a heavy genetic basis to these disorders. There's quite a colorful variety of mental illnesses that run in my family, and it seems like I inherited them all! Thanks mom, thanks dad!
My grandma always told me, "You're one of those people that should never have kids!", not in an insulting manner either. My granny knows what's up.

One day soon, I am hoping that I can find a doctor to sterilize me at my age, which I know can be an infuriating process. I'd prefer that I get sterilized rather than my husband; I'm mostly thinking in the case of rape, and anti-choice legislature is enacted, or in some post-apocalyptic scenario. I just want to be prepared even though I may sound paranoid. Unfortunately my body and mind don't react well to hormones, and I am allergic to metal so a copper IUD is out of the question. I don't really have any options besides condoms at the moment. They failed me once; being pregnant was horrific. It was the most disgusting experience of my life, which of course warranted a trip to get my uterus hoovered out.

Centipedes are terrifying to me, but I'd prefer to raise dozens and dozens of giant Amazonian centipedes over raising a kid. Centipedes>kids.
Re: thumbs upup"Hurray I'm registered!"thumbs upup(use this thread to introduce yourself)
May 31, 2014
datura noir
One day soon, I am hoping that I can find a doctor to sterilize me at my age, which I know can be an infuriating process. I'd prefer that I get sterilized rather than my husband; I'm mostly thinking in the case of rape, and anti-choice legislature is enacted, or in some post-apocalyptic scenario. I just want to be prepared even though I may sound paranoid. Unfortunately my body and mind don't react well to hormones, and I am allergic to metal so a copper IUD is out of the question. I don't really have any options besides condoms at the moment. They failed me once; being pregnant was horrific. It was the most disgusting experience of my life, which of course warranted a trip to get my uterus hoovered out.

If you're in Colorado, maybe you can find the doctor this blogger went to. She's about your age and got a tubal recently.
grrr! I had such a huge post and everything and my browser deleted it! (✖╭╮✖)

Hey guys, I'm new and am going from lurking to hopefully posting sometimes, but mostly so I can follow threads and stuff. I'm kind of sick of the influx of overly pc towards parents posts, cf-stepparents, and 'cf-allies' invading my favorite message boards on Reddit and Facebook and expecting cookies.. so I'm joining here too when I want to be angry and not be censored for my opinion. I kind of run into trouble for questioning who should sling around the label childfree and rejecting the idea that one should take in their nephews in an emergency..so yeah.. I kind of keep my heartless opinions to myself.. I think I will post a topic about it..

Anyways, I warn you all that I am an internet dork who likes games and other immature "childish" hobbies. However, I make fucking awesome cookies, steak, and know my way around a martini despite not drinking and am willing to share. :/ I'm also completely socially hopeless, so let me know while I'm acclimating if I say something untoward. I think that covers everything for now...well, please accept me kindly!

benevolent Anti-natalist, pro-abortion, pro-smut, anti-sleeze, eat the rich, fuck childbirth. pro-black, lgbtqia? Cool. *thumbs up*
June 14, 2014
moonmoonthegreat
I kind of run into trouble for questioning who should sling around the label childfree and rejecting the idea that one should take in their nephews in an emergency..so yeah.. I kind of keep my heartless opinions to myself.. I think I will post a topic about it..

Subject of a recent question of the month on this blog.

I haven't even met most of my nieces/nephews and I'd like to keep it that way until they turn 18 (and then only maybe; if they aren't the kind of people I like, no amount of kinship will change that). I can't imagine anyone being deluded enough to propose them living with me.
yurble

Subject of a recent question of the month on this blog.

I haven't even met most of my nieces/nephews and I'd like to keep it that way until they turn 18 (and then only maybe; if they aren't the kind of people I like, no amount of kinship will change that). I can't imagine anyone being deluded enough to propose them living with me.

Seriously, I feel guilty but I know I would debate taking anyone in. :/ I got in trouble for pointing out that personally I have problems reconciling being cf with that possibility. "cf-steps" descended with a vengeance to tell me what to think and boot me. D:

yurble, seriously with your sites, you've replied to me twice now with really relevant links of interest. I am surprised I didn't stumble onto that site yet. I am checking it out. Thanks!

benevolent Anti-natalist, pro-abortion, pro-smut, anti-sleeze, eat the rich, fuck childbirth. pro-black, lgbtqia? Cool. *thumbs up*
Hi

I found this site from a link posted about one of Violetyoshi's rants. I read a few pages and was hooked. So thought I'd register and join in.

Like everyone, totally fed up with how parunts think that their spawn has to be at the centre of everyone else's world. What also grips my shit is badly behave brats in public. I damn good smacking never did me any harm.

Thanks
June 18, 2014
bookworm
Hi

I found this site from a link posted about one of Violetyoshi's rants. I read a few pages and was hooked. So thought I'd register and join in.

Like everyone, totally fed up with how parunts think that their spawn has to be at the centre of everyone else's world. What also grips my shit is badly behave brats in public. I damn good smacking never did me any harm.

Thanks

If memory serves, Violent Yuckhead is kind of on "The Shit List" here - so - you may want to kind of watch yourself.

If you just stumbled upon us from some avenue, well No Problemo!

VY is Persona Non Grata here though. Just a head's up.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login