Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Huggies "Every little bottom" lament: 1 in 3 famblees can't afford diapers

Posted by Melanie 
Huggies "Every little bottom" lament: 1 in 3 famblees can't afford diapers
December 04, 2010
So we're relaxing, watching "The Stepford Wives" remake (lame) with wine and a fire -- totally mellow until this commercial came on just now that raised my blood pressure by about 40 points -- some bleeding heart thing by Huggies diapers asks "did you know that one in three families in the United States struggles to provide diapers?"

the ad goes on to direct viewers to this website to find out how they can help ameliorate this calamity; of course that involves buying more diapers, not enforced sterilization, cash incentives for abortion and other practical measures that would get at the root of the problem.

http://www.huggies.com/en-US/promotions/everylittlebottom?WT.mc_id=HUG_elb_atl

can't blame Huggies (Kimberly-Clark? P&G? Whoever) for trying to tout their product but if that stat they're using is even remotely true, it begs a question so obvious I won't even type it out.

Further -- are those struggling famblees sitting in the dark, taking the bus to work, wearing thrift store clothing and eating beans purchased in bulk? If they are watching cable TV, own a car, eat processed foods or god forbid at restaurants, smoke, drink, own a laptop, etc. etc. it would seem to me they CAN afford diapers if they really wanted to get their priorities straightened out.

One more pro-indiscriminate-breeder message out there...
What a load of horse shit.

Hey, we need a new goddamn car, anyone want to give us one? Why don't I get to beg for something to fund my lifestyle choices?

BOO MFing HOO, I can't afford diapers. WAAAA.

If you can't cover the basic necessities for life, you shouldn't breed you fucking idiots.
Exactly, Melanie. We could even take it a step further and say that if they are REALLY struggling and just HAVE to have a baybee smile rolling left righteyes2 then they can use cloth diapers instead of disposables. Of course, considering an alternative would require critical thinking skills, which these breeders are obviously woefully lacking.
So 33% of ALL breeders can't afford something as foreseeable and BASIC as diapers for their kid? MY GOD how completely irresponsible to not be able to afford a shit sack for the shit loaf! Did they not realize that for upwards of 2 years (at LEAST, judging by the moo forums) that the kyd would shit on itself? This beats all I have ever heard regarding irresponsibility in the planning department too. I looked up some diaper prices the last time this subject reared it's ugly head and I believe that for the average month's supply it's about $30. They don't have a dollar a day for shit sacks? According to Sally Struthers, for the price of a cup of coffee a day, kyds in third world countries can eat, drink, AND get proper medical care!

Perhaps some of these lazy assed American breeders should take notice of how third worlders manage.

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
Do what AP and GD moos do and let kiddies run around pantless and shit wherever they want to. smile rolling left righteyes2
I hope this all backfires and Kimberly Clark makes less money when people start that "Potty Whispering". But that is bad for the rest of us with the kids just poop anywhere.

These companies brought it on themselves. The disposable diapers "work" so well that the kid would rather have diapers than go to the toilet. A few years ago I saw a commercial for Toddler Size Pamper$. Years ago, 3 year olds did not want to be in diapers but Pampers wants them in diaper$. So now they want us to pay for Huggie$

That's right, someone I know who works at a day care told me that kids will actually ask for Pampers and Huggies and do not want to wear underwear and do not like to use the toilet.

Oh, and don't forget "Robbie" on Family Renovation, almost 3 years old and parading around on television wearing nothing but Pampers. Like he will not be messed up later?
This commercial makes me see red too! Why would anyone have a fucking baaybee if they can't even afford DIAPERS? I wish they'd eliminate ALL disposable diapers completely, and only sell the cloth ones. I don't care if it's WORK for them to actually have to WASH the fucking things, too bad. With shitsacks comes a lot of work and since you're a SAHM anyway, you have all the time in the world to do things for your needy little maggot. Yeah, instead of sitting on the phone, having your nails/hair done, watching Spriinger, or fucking your baaaybeeedaddy, you have plenty of time to change the shitsack and wash those goddamned cloth diapers. And wow, how nice it would be to know that there's less landfill. I'd be willing to bet that 80% of landfills are disposable, shit-filled diapers. That's disgusting.
Actually, I have read that disposable diapers take up 5% of all landfill space for all types of waste. That is still a lot for only one product. It is probably enough to fill several landfills in the US with just Pamper$ and Huggie$. Why does a tree have to come down and a landfill fill up just because some parent is too lazy to wipe their kyd's ass? Also, they are very careless how they dispose of them so you find Pampers in parks, restaurants, ball fields, anywhere you least expect them those awful things just appear.

Unfortunately, this also happens on the other end of life. There are at least 2 "Hoarder' shows where the hoarder had the water shut off because they could not pay the water bill and started to use Attends instead of the toilet. In both shows, the houses had to torn down because of what came from the Attends. Its a disturbing trend, why can't people use the toilet?doh face
I and my husband have seen that commercial and can't believe it. He sometimes jokes about these kids still in diapers past age 2, saying it's caused by a conspiracy from the diaper companies to increase their profits. His joke about this is they are trying to increase their profits by getting the rest of us, who don't even need them, to pay for them!

Why not just give these people a bunch of cloth diapers and let them wash them and reuse them? It would be much cheaper, better for the landfills, parking lots, and everywhere else the breeders throw them. I just know I refuse to donate to this and I won't be paying for them.

Tatayanna K.
Re: Huggies "Every little bottom" lament: 1 in 3 famblees can't afford diapers
December 05, 2010
A few points come to mind as I read about this issue.

One: Can't the diaper companies lower prices or provide some kind of assistance program from their massive profits?

Two: If you can't afford diaper why are you breeding? The price of diapers is probably about 1% of the overall lifetime expenses one should expect from proper childrearing ( ie housing, food, medication, schooling, etc) You can't afford 1%? Time to give up the kid or make some radical life changes!

Three: Every heard of *cloth diapers*? You can even make them to save a few more bucks! If life is really tough- wash them by hand ( triple gloved - please).

Cassia <--- (newbie here, please be gentle!)
December 05, 2010
Cross-linking to previous thread on this topic, which is worth a read for those who haven't seen it before.
This ad caused me to yell at the tv. This is such bullshit!!!:BS
No $ for diapers, formula, baybee clothes, toys, etc? Here's a wild idea...BUY CONDOMS INSTEAD!!!
It will save you hundreds of thousands of $'s over 18 years!
Fuckin breeders, they suck at math.eye rolling smiley
Tatayanna K.
I and my husband have seen that commercial and can't believe it. He sometimes jokes about these kids still in diapers past age 2, saying it's caused by a conspiracy from the diaper companies to increase their profits. His joke about this is they are trying to increase their profits by getting the rest of us, who don't even need them, to pay for them!

Why not just give these people a bunch of cloth diapers and let them wash them and reuse them? It would be much cheaper, better for the landfills, parking lots, and everywhere else the breeders throw them. I just know I refuse to donate to this and I won't be paying for them.

Tatayanna K.

For example, on Family Renovation the ONLY clothes Robbie would wear are Pampers/Huggies and his moo Moorie France would let him parade around on television not wearing anything else. I see this a lot especially in warm weather, I guess the Huggies cost so much they cannot afford clothes? Of course the diaper companies like all this, after all, they have to make up all the sales they lose to "potty whipering" (or some such sht like that) by keeping the kids in the diapers.
Six months ago in the marketing suite...

"So, here's our new marketing plan to open up a rich vein of sales of Huggies to people who don't even have children. That's right. Our next campaign will have every non-parent across America buying our diapers. But wait. No, they don't want to have our diapers. They just want to buy diapers for other people. That's right. They're donating diapers. What's that Bill? No, we're not donating diapers! Hahahaha, Bill don't be fucking ridiculous. What are you trying to do, ruin us? You're fired. Get out. No, what we'll have are suckers across America who've never so much as entered a store aisle containing diapers buying our fucking diapers by the fucking truckload!"

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
Can I just point out that Kimberly-Clark also makes Kotex. Women constitute 50% of the population and currently the unemployment rate for women is the highest it's been for 25 years. When are unemployed women going to receive free Kotex? Or is it ok for them to walk around with strips of the free local newspaper stuffed into their panties while baybees' shitrags are promoted as a worthy cause?

Kimberly Clark's operating profit was $638 MILLION in the three months from July to September. They're paying their shareholders dividends of 66 cents per share right now-- that's about 12% of the value of each entire share, given away to shareholders, gratis, because they're dripping in fucking profit.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
Kimberly Clark also probably tells all the OB/GYNs to tell women that they will "change their mind' when they want to have a hysterectomy or an operation like that. I mean, if every woman had an operation to not have a period (and from what I read I am so glad to be a man!) think of all the money they lose and the unemployment in their factories.

And don't say that idea about newspapers, some women might actually try that!
Yurble, thanks for posting that link to the previous thread about this, because there's some funny shit (HA!) in there. smile rolling left rightsmile

mr. neptune
Kimberly Clark also probably tells all the OB/GYNs to tell women that they will "change their mind' when they want to have a hysterectomy or an operation like that. I mean, if every woman had an operation to not have a period (and from what I read I am so glad to be a man!) think of all the money they lose and the unemployment in their factories.

I'm sure KC sees red (HA!) whenever the subject of hysterectomies, endometrial ablations, or BCPs that minimize the Crimson Tide comes up. Oh well. All these brats who are in diapers well into grade school must certainly be making up for it. :eh??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shauna's like a gluten-free Jim Jones for dumb, lifeless middle-aged women. I swear, this bitch could set fire to a orphanage and they would applaud her for bringing them light. ~ Miss Hannigan
December 05, 2010
CrabCake
Yurble, thanks for posting that link to the previous thread about this, because there's some funny shit (HA!) in there. smile rolling left rightsmile

I still laugh at that diaper report. Did you know that diapering is a source of confidence and pride for mothers? Personally, I'd get more confidence and pride out of being self-supporting, but what would I know, since I'm just an ugly loser who can't find anyone to knock me up.
Wow, thanks for the link to the prior discussion. (We were enjoying our child-free selves in Vegas that week, winking smiley hence I missed it. Sorry for the duplicate topic..)

My mom grew up really poor, there were six kids in the family, no washing machine -- this was in the late 30s, 40s -- gross as it sounds, they did the diapers in the bathtub. And hung them to dry. Not an ideal situation but it fit the budget (and the amenities available at the time) and is not beyond what today's moos could do instead of begging. In fact I'm sure with today's better detergent and hotter tap water it would be easier than what my grandmother did.

Wonder how much KC is writing off for sponsoring that campaign? So in effect we are financing it with foregone tax dollars....
December 05, 2010
Melanie
Wow, thanks for the link to the prior discussion. (We were enjoying our child-free selves in Vegas that week, winking smiley hence I missed it. Sorry for the duplicate topic..)

I didn't mean it to appear chastising. I wasn't thinking, "How can she start a new thread on a topic we already had a few months ago? :mad2"

I just thought, "Hey, I remember we discussed something like that recently, it might be fun to read that again." I also just like cross-linking threads (I think it makes it easier for newbies to pick up references to group memes when they come across them).
yurble
Melanie

I didn't mean it to appear chastising. I wasn't thinking, "How can she start a new thread on a topic we already had a few months ago? :mad2"

I just thought, "Hey, I remember we discussed something like that recently, it might be fun to read that again." I also just like cross-linking threads (I think it makes it easier for newbies to pick up references to group memes when they come across them).

I don't believe that I have EVER repeated any prior rants on this board.bouncing and laughing

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
yurble
Melanie

Well said. I was trying to think of a way to mention the earlier discussion without sounding pissy, because I know we're not all on the board every waking minute (unlike moos and their cow-boards) and it's easy to miss stuff.

I especially liked cherryice's thread title: Ellen Pompeo, helping to destroy the environment one click at a time.

waving hellolarious AND sad smiley

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shauna's like a gluten-free Jim Jones for dumb, lifeless middle-aged women. I swear, this bitch could set fire to a orphanage and they would applaud her for bringing them light. ~ Miss Hannigan
cassia
A few points come to mind as I read about this issue.

One: Can't the diaper companies lower prices or provide some kind of assistance program from their massive profits?

Two: If you can't afford diaper why are you breeding? The price of diapers is probably about 1% of the overall lifetime expenses one should expect from proper childrearing ( ie housing, food, medication, schooling, etc) You can't afford 1%? Time to give up the kid or make some radical life changes!

Three: Every heard of *cloth diapers*? You can even make them to save a few more bucks! If life is really tough- wash them by hand ( triple gloved - please).

Cassia <--- (newbie here, please be gentle!)

This!!! (and welcome to the board, btw.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
I don't mind the link to the other thread. I just came aboard here and it gave me a good chuckle on a bad day! smile rolling left rightsmile

Last night I could not sleep and put on the TV and there was a commercial about test your house for radon and it had toddlers wearing nothing but green socks and diapers. I notice this going on more in real life too, it seems that the parunts just want the kids to wear Huggies and nothing else. And to think soon one of us will open a car door and step right into a Huggy. Haven't these people heard of dressing their kids in clothes?
mr. neptune
I don't mind the link to the other thread. I just came aboard here and it gave me a good chuckle on a bad day! smile rolling left rightsmile

Last night I could not sleep and put on the TV and there was a commercial about test your house for radon and it had toddlers wearing nothing but green socks and diapers. I notice this going on more in real life too, it seems that the parunts just want the kids to wear Huggies and nothing else. And to think soon one of us will open a car door and step right into a Huggy. Haven't these people heard of dressing their kids in clothes?

I have stepped out of my car in parking lots more than once and found one on the ground. Disgusting.

JD
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login