Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Entry 534--CEO Moo

Posted by catmeow 
Entry 534--CEO Moo
October 12, 2005
If it's Blue Cross/Blue Shield, I'm not surprised because this company takes pride in being on the Working Moother list of the best places to work.

I want to know the Working Moother list of the WORST places to work.
PS
Re: Entry 534--CEO Moo
October 13, 2005
I will probably be changing careers in the next year or so, and I'm almost tempted to fabracate a kid in my next life, just so I can have some of the same time off perks that people with kids have.

October 13, 2005
I really hate that complete pander-to-parents mentality. I really hate it how one's parental status is used to denote one is more holy than the rest of us unwashed CF.

And it sure as hell doesn't make sense. In fact, those of us who work outside the home and are left holding the bag whilst parunts skip out for Junior's every little thing know the truth...wanna hire someone who will be at the job and watching the bottom line? Hire an empty nester, a single person, or a CF person.
Feh
October 13, 2005
Every time someone at work announces their pregnancy, and subsiquent months off after birth, I always want to fake a pregnancy, birth and take a couple months off until the baby "dies" and then take the couple extra weeks for grieving. I mean, it is almost entirely possible. No one has ever brought their baby in less than a couple months after it's birth, so it's not like I'd ever have to scrounge up a new born to show to everyone. I think the only catches would be:
1. no birth announcement from any hospital
2. no hosptial room for coworkers to visit, because they like to do that sort of thing
3. no newborn pics
4. I'd have to throw a fake funeral, because coworkers would probably want to be supportive and show up to something like that.

So, all I have to do is make friends in the health care and funeral industires and I'll have my ticket to the gravy train.
sprogless
October 13, 2005
That's a great idea, Feh! As far as the newspaper announcements, and hospital room go, you can always have a "home birth." Funerals can be staged (the mob used to do it all the time), and as all cf'ers have said time & time again, SIDS happens. Oh, and just borrow a newborn pic from a friend, or family member, use photoshop to doctor it up, and voila! Instant vacation!
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.