Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

School(rant 199)

Posted by Eugenia 
Eugenia
School(rant 199)
March 30, 2005
I'm probably going to get flamed for this, and I know I'll be a minority here, but I don't think council school is all that important. As I remember, it's more of a daily struggle, than a learning institution. The kids there are so damned out of control that the teachers spend more time trying to rein them in, than teaching owt. School is a hell for a lot of children. I learnt more reading on my own, than I EVER did in council school(I have always read all the time).

School is also more of a popularity contest, than a place to learn. You spend more time trying to be popular, or trying not to get beaten up than you do learning. Also, you learn more 4-letter words than spelling words, and more about sex than about maths. High school was so bad in my area, I 'dropped out' at 16, took the GED RIGHT after my 17th birthday(you had to be 17), passed with flying colours, and entered college a year early. I would have taken my GED at 16 and gone straight to college then, if they had let me. I didn't suffer acaedemically, either; I made a 297 out of 300 on the reading/language part of the TASP Exam my first year of college. College is where the real learning begins, anyway.

Another reasom I'm glad I'm CF; I would not care if my kid didn't go to school. In fact, I'd more than likely home school, or get a tutour. They might actually learn something more than the latest Chingy lyrics, what stores sell the sluttiest clothes, or what it feels like to be bullied.

No, I'm not Xtian, and I LOATHE Bush.

Eugenia

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.