Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rant #542

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Rant #542
October 16, 2005
I sympathize completely, as this has happened to us, too.

There is this very popular restaurant in York Beach, Maine, called Fox's Lobster House. The food is excellent, but we will never eat there again, because of what happened to the ranter at OG.

We got there relatively early, and gave our name to the hostess. There was only one other party there ahead of us at the time, so we didn't think we'd have to wait very long.

WRONG! In came famblee after famblee, and they were being taken to tables while we sat and waited.

Now, the size of tables is not an issue at this place...as in their not wanting to give a large table to a party of two...as there ARE no large tables. All of the tables in this place are two-tops, and they just push them together to make larger tables. So they didn't even have that as an excuse.

We would have left, but DH is a type 2 diabetic, and needed to eat soon. By this time, ALL of the restaurants in the area would have had a long wait. We were on vacation, so going home to eat was not an option. We got to Fox's early on purpose, because we knew how crowded the place gets.

But I guess if you shit out sprogs, you can show up there any damned time you want, no matter how many non-childed parties are waiting, and get a table right away. Fuck them! We did finally get seated, but I did let them know that we didn't appreciate the wait, and that we would not be returning.

The meal itself was ruined, as well, being that we were seated about three inches away from the Breedersons...fucking kid behind me screaming in my ear the whole fucking time. Since it was busy, there was no place to move to. The service sucked because our waitress was too busy kissing the Breederson's asses. If it were not for DH's diabetes, and his blood sugar going rapidly down unless he got some food in him, I would have just wanted to leave.

Maybe we should have told the hostess about the diabetes thing, but we didn't want to come across as entitlement-minded as the Breedersons. We made the effort to get there early to avoid breeders and brats, and get seated sooner, but it all blew up in our faces.

In any case, we have never returned to Fox's again, and I have told every CF person I know who might live near it, or vacation in Maine, to avoid it as well.

I do have a rave, though...about a restaurant in Malden, MA, called Portofino. DH and I went there for dinner one night, and were told there was a short wait for a table. There was one other couple there waiting, too.

In walked two moos, with two SUV strollers containing small loaves, and a few toadlers. The hostess told them that there was a wait, and at first, they waited. Then, a few ninutes later, after they had seated the couple that was there before us, one of the moos goes up to the hostess and starts mooing and lowing about how *the kyds are hungry, why can't you seat us now?*

The hostess politely told her that it was *first-come, first-served*, and they would have to just wait their turn. Moo got all pissy, and she and the other moo gathered up their strollers, brats, and kindercrap, and stormed out of the place.

GOOD! We were dreading having to dine in the same room with these assholes and their screechy brats!

But YES...I agree that we have to speak up when we are shat upon in favor of the childed, in restaurants and such. If enough of us complain, only then will something possibly be done about it.
sprogless
Re: Rant #542
October 16, 2005
This seems to be happening more often,lately. I've noticed it everyplace- Moos and famblies getting preferential treatment over everyone else. Restaurants are probably the worst, but I've seen it at the post office,video store and even gas stations. It never fails to piss me off. What I have always wanted to know, is why it's okay to discriminate against us,but if we don't fall to our knees, and worship them, we're considered less than trash? Breeders suck ass.
Feh
October 17, 2005
Please, please remember to be assertive and speak up when fambiles jump in front of you in lines. Simply stating "I am in line", "the line forms behind me", or "I was here first, and am wondering why you are serving people who came after me?" can go a long way to getting some attention. Raise a stink with a resturant manager, write a letter to the franchise owner or corporate headquarters, and you may just get a free meal. Hell, if fambiles get pissy, remind them that proper line position is something that everyone is supposed to adhere to, whether or not they have children. It's taught in kindergartens, and we should be setting a good example for the children, who are our future after all. Parents can't argue when you're doing something "for the children".
mercurior 1
October 17, 2005
things like that dont happen a lot here in the UK, we are by nature queuers.. many an hour has been spent standing in a queue, waiting
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.