Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Another reason to hate men?

Posted by india_darshan 
Another reason to hate men?
August 26, 2006
I was referred to this book, I Don't Want to Talk About It by Terrence Real, via a friend/counsellor when talking to her about a former male friend who is very dysfunctional -- the one with the nasty Thai wife. Here is the link - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0684835398/102-9659061-9985709?v=glance&n=283155 - for the book. I may end up buying this book or see if the library has it.

I was bothered when I was reading the reviews and one person tagged her ID with "Another reason to hate men". I honestly thought that was a book but saddened to realise that this was how the person truly felt. Men are often scorned when they show their feelings even though this is what feminists wanted. I am a feminist but that means equality and caring for all people -- both genders.

A lot of men do suffer in silence with depression. Many men *do* make disastrous work and love choices just as women do yet they often feel they have to "lie in the beds they made" and do suffer quietly such as my ex-friend. Reading this review has made me less angry at my friend. I doubt we will ever be close again because too much was said...but I am beginning to understand why he acted the way he did...
Re: Another reason to hate men?
August 27, 2006
men are becoming the only minority that its ok to hate, look at the tv shows, the adverts, men are brutalised, or they are the fools, and women are the best.. all the jokes by women about men in offices, listen to how many jokes occur about castration in men,

http://www.ihatemen.com/

there is a i hate women site out there

http://www.ihatewomen.com/

August: Do to Kim's absence on I Hate Men I have been behind in my updates for this site. My largest bottleneck is a lack of content. I receive dozens of emails asking why there is more on I Hate Men then I Hate Women. The answer is that I Hate Men receives more than ten times the submissions of I Hate Women. Most of the sites are made up from what you, the viewers, send in. If I can get the same quantity of content for I Hate Women, this site will be much larger.
I am in need of pictures, stories, and jokes for a larger content on I Hate Women. This, plus new ideas will allow me to create nsew sections.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
GreenGrass
August 28, 2006
There is way too much hate in the world to go around today. What the hell is wrong with people?? Racism, sexism, prejudices of all sorts seem to abound. We wonder why we're such an unhappy human race.

India, you are right about your definition of feminism - it should be about equality that SHOULD already be inherent in a somewhat civilized society. I have seen so much hate toward feminism lately, and much of this is from women who think it means something that it does not mean.

August 28, 2006
feminism is a mislabeling, it should be equality for all. but the 3rd wave the new lot of feminists are just out for what they can get.. thats the problem, people lump all stages together, feminism today, is anti male. it should be renamed equalism. that should be the true goal. but today they only want power, personal, political, anf financial

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
August 29, 2006
It is true how it is acceptable to hate men while doing the same to others due to gender, race, and religion would be admonished. Yes, Green Grass, there is too much hate going on which is why humans are so unhappy. I was not happy over some of the reviews over that book. Both men and women suffer from depression & make bad romantic/work choices but males tend to suffer in silence with more disastrous results due to feeling that they cannot ask for help. My former friend I realise is in that category rather than just being a stupid male jerk as I formerly felt. I no longer keep in touch for my own well-being but I can, at least, understand...or try to.
Anonymous User
September 02, 2006
Dog I love men! Their bodies,their practical outlook, their big,strong manly bodies... I want a BF NOW!! :spin
September 04, 2006
Same here, Sharon. The only men I do not like are those who are jerks...but I hate jerks of both genders.
October 21, 2007
mercurior Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> feminism is a mislabeling, it should be equality
> for all. but the 3rd wave the new lot of feminists
> are just out for what they can get.. thats the
> problem, people lump all stages together,
> feminism today, is anti male. it should be
> renamed equalism. that should be the true goal.
> but today they only want power, personal,
> political, anf financial

Wow. Very good. There is something I would like to add. Through out the history, there have been terrible women (i.e. Margaret Thatcher) and terrible men (i.e. Bill Clinton). It sways from one end to another when it comes to blaming a particular gender. I have seen the most wonderful and the nastiest examples of both genders. ( I love good women - there are just not enough of them). We all need to open our eyes. Both men and women have suffered from abuse for a long time. Boys, for example, are circumcised in the USA. Girls, on the other hand, are mutilated in African countries. All abuse is bad - whether it is towards men or women. In the USA, in 1950's woman used to be abused by her husband. Today, husband get the divorce stick - hard.

Without an argument, at this point and time, in the Western world, the hit is towards men. Men could go ahead and fight back and cause harm in return. Hey, we have done it in the past. But we chose not to. This is not the right thing to do. Why? Because we do not want to repeat the past, and have it out for women again (i.e. Iran). We want a good future. That can only be done if both genders truly understand and live by equality.
October 22, 2007
Techie Wrote:
> Today,
> husband get the divorce stick - hard.
>

Tell me about it...and I am fucking sick of it. This makes me ashamed of my gender. I want to tell these cunts to get a job-buh because the ex should not have to be responsible for these twats, who are usually the ones filing for divorce because they are "bored", want to have "fun", and don't feel "loved" despite the guys working their asses off for these bitches.
October 22, 2007
amethusos* Wrote:

> Tell me about it...and I am fucking sick of it.
> This makes me ashamed of my gender. I want to tell
> these cunts to get a job-buh because the ex should
> not have to be responsible for these twats, who
> are usually the ones filing for divorce because
> they are "bored", want to have "fun", and don't
> feel "loved" despite the guys working their asses
> off for these bitches.

I was always worried about that. So I never married. Some call it lack of commitment, cold feet, ect., (mostly girls) some call it a wise move (divorced men and women). You be the judge.
October 23, 2007
Techie Wrote:
> amethusos* Wrote:
>
> > Tell me about it...and I am fucking sick of it.
> > This makes me ashamed of my gender. I want to
> tell
> > these cunts to get a job-buh because the ex
> should
> > not have to be responsible for these twats, who
> > are usually the ones filing for divorce because
> > they are "bored", want to have "fun", and don't
> > feel "loved" despite the guys working their
> asses
> > off for these bitches.
>
> I was always worried about that. So I never
> married. Some call it lack of commitment, cold
> feet, ect., (mostly girls) some call it a wise
> move (divorced men and women). You be the judge.

You are a smart man for not getting married. Fuck commitment! Women only whine about a man not wanting to commit because they cannot control the fellows who do not want exclusivity or marriage. Being exclusive is good but only it not married. Wedding cake and saying "I do" ruins it all. Everybody thinks they will be "different and never divorce" when they marry despite the glaring odds of 2/3's of marriages ending in divorce. Most engaged women and brides are the silliest and the most smug regardless of how they will probably be seeing a divorce lawyer in 5+ years... grinning smiley
October 24, 2007
amethusos* Wrote:

> You are a smart man for not getting married. Fuck
> commitment! Women only whine about a man not
> wanting to commit because they cannot control the
> fellows who do not want exclusivity or marriage.
> Being exclusive is good but only it not married.
> Wedding cake and saying "I do" ruins it all.
> Everybody thinks they will be "different and never
> divorce" when they marry despite the glaring odds
> of 2/3's of marriages ending in divorce. Most
> engaged women and brides are the silliest and the
> most smug regardless of how they will probably be
> seeing a divorce lawyer in 5+ years... grinning smiley

Many states no longer acknowledge so called "common law". So I hear that more people just live together - no marriage at all. Seems to be working, because latest statistics show fewer married couples than the ones that "did not commit". Somebody is not marring, obviously.
October 29, 2007
i am getting wed in a few days, i am faithful, so is rowan, we are the exceptions as i have found a lot of marriages have people too close to each other. familiarity breeds contempt. if i want to do my stuff i can i dont expect rowan to do it. and vice versa.

we are together, yet we have the freedom to do what we want. thats a true marriage

November 04, 2007
mercurior Wrote:
> i am getting wed in a few days, i am faithful, so
> is rowan, we are the exceptions as i have found a
> lot of marriages have people too close to each
> other. familiarity breeds contempt. if i want to
> do my stuff i can i dont expect rowan to do it.
> and vice versa.
>
> we are together, yet we have the freedom to do
> what we want. thats a true marriage

I wish you the best of luck. Only about 70% of marriages fail. If yours falls into lucky 30%, I am happy for you. Just do not become a breeder or a CF who "changed his mind".
Ketchup
November 04, 2007
Too much is made about marriage. There is so much focus on the wedding itself, and not what happens after the ceremony. I have several friends and coworkers in their twenties who are getting married - it is all talk about expensive engagement rings, weekends spent trying on dresses, meetings with wedding planners, where will they honeymoon, etc, etc. It's all about blowing tons of $$$ on the wedding activities - which blows my mind, especially when they then talk about buying a house, having kids in the following year, and all of the other financial trappings of matrimony.

Isn't it true that money reasons are the #1 cause of divorce today? And you know what - I bet the guys just say "OK honey, whatever you want" because I doubt they are the ones who insist on blowing all that cash. They certainly don't come to work and talk about all this crap.
November 05, 2007
Ketchup, you got that one right on! The women are often all about the wedding celebration and get into the bridezilla mode as if they get to be fairy princesses for the day. It is the fantasy these gals have had since girlhood. It is as if the women never truly grew up. The parents of these idiots are often part to blame to be willing to spend so much on the daughters' weddings. Once the wedding celebration is over, the men then have to deal with being "daddy" as well as a husband to a woman who wants to spend...spend...spend. Yet, there are husbands who are just as bad with $$$ who keep on spending while the wife is working her ass off or wants to keep their credit low. The real head-shaker is when so many young couples suddenly want to have those babies and buy a house not realising how much money is involved in both of these things.
November 05, 2007
Ahhh....LifeScript(tm), what a magical thing. You never have to think about anything, just go through the motions of "what's expected", and you can rest your brain in a blissful haze of self medication, or prescribed medications.

I bet it's nice to never have to think or justify your actions.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
November 06, 2007
amethusos* Wrote:
> Ketchup, you got that one right on! The women are
> often all about the wedding celebration and get
> into the bridezilla mode as if they get to be
> fairy princesses for the day. It is the fantasy
> these gals have had since girlhood. It is as if
> the women never truly grew up. The parents of
> these idiots are often part to blame to be willing
> to spend so much on the daughters' weddings. Once
> the wedding celebration is over, the men then have
> to deal with being "daddy" as well as a husband to
> a woman who wants to spend...spend...spend. Yet,
> there are husbands who are just as bad with $$$
> who keep on spending while the wife is working her
> ass off or wants to keep their credit low. The
> real head-shaker is when so many young couples
> suddenly want to have those babies and buy a house
> not realising how much money is involved in both
> of these things.

Scary, very scary. I am shaking right now. Both men and women could be horrible with money. I personally think I need to be better too, but at least I do not make anyone suffer exept myself.

I have seen cases where a man works 2 full time jobs and wife blows it all. I have seen the same where man blows it all. As a guy I feel worse for women. It is just how I was raised. I think that this is the mentality of many men out there, at least until they discover other wise. Scary.

Not long ago, one of the women I know was getting a divorce. She earns over twice the amount that her husband does. What surprised me was that not only he got half of what she owned, but he also got an alimony. Holy crap! That woman was mad! I never thought that things could ever be this way. It used to be that courts would generally favor a woman, but this case? I must have been sleeping or something.

In recent public statements from major creditors, I noticed that a large part of unpaid debt and banruptcy belongs to families and single parent households. It appears to me that the sweet dreams of "owning a home and starting a family" are not working out all that well. If these people were thinking anything at all, maybe they would kind of peek at today's job market and wage outlook. It is not looking very bright - at all. I know it from personal experience. Jobs that paid well 10-15 years ago are either gone or pay very little. There are exeptions, but not too many.

Days of going to college and getting a good job are just not there. I see many students and grads with $60000 loans. They are forced to work for $10-12 an hour. I hope all the people who want to "have a family" know this. Many people switch employers and then careers and then later find themselves heading down a dead end road. That happens to many. Some are in their jobs and they are not certain if they will be employed tomorrow. I have been there. Some companies do not have the stability.

All those people who "gonna get married, have a fambily" - they need to wake up, look around. Unless they got rich parents and lots of help, they may be in the world of financial pain before they know it. And no, their kids will not thank them for bringing them into this failing economy.
November 06, 2007
Feh Wrote:
> Ahhh....LifeScript(tm), what a magical thing. You
> never have to think about anything, just go
> through the motions of "what's expected", and you
> can rest your brain in a blissful haze of self
> medication, or prescribed medications.

Society teaches not to think about anything. They just tell people that "That is what you do" - the crasiest nonsense I ever heard.
>
> I bet it's nice to never have to think or justify
> your actions.

I tell ya, I have been told so many times by breeders that "everything just falls in place". Maybe they are right. Bible says that hell is a place too.
November 07, 2007
Techie Wrote:

> I tell ya, I have been told so many times by
> breeders that "everything just falls in place".
> Maybe they are right. Bible says that hell is a
> place too.

I have a former friend who says, "Kids just happen." Right! Fucking without contraception is what makes these babies "happen". Dumb bitch!tongue sticking out smiley
November 07, 2007
amethusos* Wrote:
> Techie Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > I tell ya, I have been told so many times by
> > breeders that "everything just falls in place".
>
> > Maybe they are right. Bible says that hell is
> a
> > place too.
>
> I have a former friend who says, "Kids just
> happen." Right! Fucking without contraception is
> what makes these babies "happen". Dumb bitch!tongue sticking out smiley

These breeders are out of their minds. Every now and then, I read some of the financial outlook/investment websites. I read comments from different people of different backgroung. Main concerns for now are:

Falling dollar - we lost over 40% in last 2 years versus Euro. This means that if an item was $1.00 2 years ago, it is $1.40 now.

Crude oil approaching $100/barrel - it appears it may hit $120/barrel by next year. This may cost US driver over $4.00/gallon of fuel. Price of everything else will also rise. It takes fuel to maintain farms, drive transport trucks, heat houses. This will have price impact on fruits, veggies and basically all food.(I could explain the cirle, but not now)

National debt is out of control - we owe way too much to China. They have a couple of trillions of US Dollars in cash! Imagine what would happen if they dumped it all out there at once - dollar would drop 1000% or so overnight.

Gold is over $800/ounce. As of 9/10/01, it was just over $300/ounce. Thank you for un-linking dollar from gold standard, mr. Nixon. We are now paying for it - dearly.

USA spends, spends, spends. USA produces very little. When banks run out of money, Federal Reserve drops the rate so more money could be landed out. Low rates also keep those variable rate mortgages from jumping too high. Feds love to bail out people out of stupid mistakes. All this causes high rate of inflation. With the help of weakening dollar, I am surprised if we will be able to buy much in the near future.

Most people see this and say "we are in trouble'. You can spot a breeder on the comment board, because they say it's all just going to get better. Dumb asses. They think if they have more kids, they can just avoid the impact of all this. I cannot see too many people having a "good retirement nest egg". Maybe these breeders will just live off of their kids, so they are not worried like CF's are.

Meanwhile, breeders go on to making mistakes all over again. Many things they do put the futures of their kids into jeopardy. But is seems that they do not care. As long as things are OK for now. As far as later, well, things just fall into place, you know. Ass-f****n-holes.
November 08, 2007
Techie Wrote:

> Most people see this and say "we are in trouble'.
> You can spot a breeder on the comment board,
> because they say it's all just going to get
> better. Dumb asses. They think if they have more
> kids, they can just avoid the impact of all this.
> I cannot see too many people having a "good
> retirement nest egg". Maybe these breeders will
> just live off of their kids, so they are not
> worried like CF's are.

A lot of breeders are very irresponsible people. One former friend who divorced her second husband but married a third time to a jerk because she missed her period (she also has a kid from Marriage #1 when she was 17) has the, "God will provide," attitude. She was the pone who also said, "Kids just happen." Right-o. I am a believer in my own faith that is not Christian but I know I have to do the footwork to get something done. I cannot sit back and think money will just come to my front door or my own god will make everything okay in this country. We all have to do our part.

However, I have known some childfree-by-choice people who were not the most fiscally responsible human beings. My soon-to-be ex is childless (notice there is a difference between that and being childFREE) but has been so bad when it comes to $$$. One of the main reasons for the divorce that will be final very soon. I know I have not always been a paragon of virtue when it comes to money but have learned from my hard lessons. I never made much to start 401(k) programs, though.

One of my stepbrother's wives has an excellent job and has had it for about ten years or so...but she has not put anything into 401(k). Instead, she and my stepbrother lived it up. Now...the stepbros business has gone under and one of them is working for free to pay off the loan. They will sell their home and move out of the SF Bay Area where it is cheaper in Vacaville. These are CF people but have never thought of "tomorrow", either.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login