Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pet cemetery destroyed to make room for park

Posted by Cambion 
Pet cemetery destroyed to make room for park
January 26, 2009
http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2009/01/demolition_of_pet_cemetery_irk.html

This story just really made my skin crawl. Of course the WTFery happened in Pennsylvania, which seems to be a mecca of stupidity in America (no offense to PA residents...I live here too and I still say there's a lot of morons here). People who had pets buried in this cemetery were not even notified that the area was being destroyed in order to have a park built over it, but the people in charge of the demolition assure readers that the gravestones that have not been smashed apart might get relocated to a section of the park so the pets' owners can still visit their pets' resting places. But what about the people whose pets had their grave markers destroyed already? What will happen to the pets that will inevitably get dug up during the construction on the park?

I hope someone raises a stink about this...no matter what kind of cemetery it is, people's loved ones are buried there and it's not fair to build shit over their pets so people can have a park. They could at least have the decency to find a place to build a new cemetery. Just...grr. And a big angry flipping off to the Humane Society for allowing this to happen.
Re: Pet cemetery destroyed to make room for park
January 27, 2009
well, just wait for the zombie animals to come back pet semetary anyone.

a cemetary is a peaceful thing.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login