Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What other life choice "bingoes" do you get?

Posted by Anonymous User 
Re: What other life choice "bingoes" do you get?
September 08, 2011
sugar free often means not worth the calories because it tastes like cardboard. I need to lose weight myself. But if I'm going to splurge on a dessert, I'm making cuts in calories for other food and saving up some calories for a tasty dessert, not freaking cardboard. And a lot of the sweeteners have weird after tastes. I can see using them if you have a medical condition like diabetes or just don't like sugar for some reason. But that's about it.

For example, I used to drink a lot of soda and then switched to diet soda, but eventually to seltzer. Now if I do have a soda once in a rare while, it's the sugary kind. I also tapered off from 3 sugars in my coffee to none. For awhile I put cinnamon in it to give it a sweeter taste until I got used to no sugar. I still put it in when I get the chance, but I prefer it added to the ground coffee pre brewing vs. added after brewing.
September 08, 2011
Snark Shark
"have Buddas in my Zen decor and not "honouring them properly"

HONOR IT PROPERLY? it's a STATUE. what are you supposed to do, buy him wine and a hooker?

waving hellolarious
September 09, 2011
nokids4me
Snark Shark

HONOR IT PROPERLY? it's a STATUE. what are you supposed to do, buy him wine and a hooker?

waving hellolarious

An atheist friend who came into my home and was really pleased by the improvements in my decor.
He had skimmed a website about Feng Shui and discovered that it can be offensive to not place the Buddist statues in places of honour with positioning and flow being important.
He brought it up 3 times in the first several minutes and finally I just said " Ain't gonna happen- I don't care- new subject."
September 09, 2011
Snark Shark
cassia
nokids4me
Snark Shark

waving hellolarious

An atheist friend who came into my home and was really pleased by the improvements in my decor.
He had skimmed a website about Feng Shui and discovered that it can be offensive to not place the Buddist statues in places of honour with positioning and flow being important.
He brought it up 3 times in the first several minutes and finally I just said " Ain't gonna happen- I don't care- new subject."

feng shui? fang shit!!! pfft!

"flow"

"I WON'T place it in the BATHROOM."

And I won't put tampons or pad on/near him smiling smiley
September 10, 2011
nokids4me
Snark Shark
cassia
nokids4me
Snark Shark

waving hellolarious

feng shui? fang shit!!! pfft!

"flow"

"I WON'T place it in the BATHROOM."

And I won't put tampons or pad on/near him smiling smiley

"Budda, here is my monthly gift to you."
September 10, 2011
cassia
nokids4me
Snark Shark

waving hellolarious

What a fucking dickhead busybody. Why should this athiest care about your feng shui? Sounds like a controlling ass.
November 17, 2011
Hey, I found an article for those of us who get shit for being quiet/introverted:

http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-misleading-assumptions-you-make-about-quiet-people/?wa_user1=4&wa_user2=Weird+World&wa_user3=blog&wa_user4=moreon
November 18, 2011
I get a lot of crap for a couple things. The "shocked" looks when people find out I have 5 cats. I used to have 6. They must think my hubby and I live in a studio apartment with all of them or something. Actually, we have an almost 2500 square foot house, so each cat has what, 500 square feet per? Get over it. And I am a spazzy freak about making sure our house doesn't have one iota of cat smell. If I smell the smallest ANYTHING, I am crawling around on the floor smelling the corners brandishing a bottle of spray bleach and a scrub brush!

CONSTANT comments from people because I ride a motorcycle, especially when they find out it's a Japanese racing bike. "I know someone who died...." "I know someone who crashed...." Well, my response is this... "what were they doing when it happened?" Inevitably, the person was drunk or speeding when the "bad" thing happened. I don't drink and ride, nor do I speed (often) or split lanes or dodge traffic. Yes, I was in ONE accident this summer because of slippery train tracks. It was an unexpectedly early downpour I was going 5 miles per hour and my tires slipped on the tracks as I went around the corner. Dumped my bike, and got a big bruise on my hip and some gritty road rash on my arm that I got scrubbed out at the hospital. No biggie. Just a tiny scar on my arm. I love that everyone assumes that I am going to crash into a wall full throttle and become a human Pollock painting. Thanks for the vote of confidence, people!

Edit: Oh, one more thing! Hubby and I are renovating our house ourselves. Going well, but EVERYONE has their opinion on what we should do with our house. That drives me batty. It's OUR freakin house, we will do what WE want! End of conversation!
November 18, 2011
crazycatlady
I get a lot of crap for a couple things. The "shocked" looks when people find out I have 5 cats. I used to have 6. They must think my hubby and I live in a studio apartment with all of them or something. Actually, we have an almost 2500 square foot house, so each cat has what, 500 square feet per? Get over it. And I am a spazzy freak about making sure our house doesn't have one iota of cat smell. If I smell the smallest ANYTHING, I am crawling around on the floor smelling the corners brandishing a bottle of spray bleach and a scrub brush!

CONSTANT comments from people because I ride a motorcycle, especially when they find out it's a Japanese racing bike. "I know someone who died...." "I know someone who crashed...." Well, my response is this... "what were they doing when it happened?" Inevitably, the person was drunk or speeding when the "bad" thing happened. I don't drink and ride, nor do I speed (often) or split lanes or dodge traffic. Yes, I was in ONE accident this summer because of slippery train tracks. It was an unexpectedly early downpour I was going 5 miles per hour and my tires slipped on the tracks as I went around the corner. Dumped my bike, and got a big bruise on my hip and some gritty road rash on my arm that I got scrubbed out at the hospital. No biggie. Just a tiny scar on my arm. I love that everyone assumes that I am going to crash into a wall full throttle and become a human Pollock painting. Thanks for the vote of confidence, people!

Edit: Oh, one more thing! Hubby and I are renovating our house ourselves. Going well, but EVERYONE has their opinion on what we should do with our house. That drives me batty. It's OUR freakin house, we will do what WE want! End of conversation!

I get the SAME thing and so does my husband which is why we generally tend to keep things to ourselves. I especially get sick and tired of unsolicited advice about whatever it is that we're doing at the moment from BOTH sets of our parents. We are in our 30's and 40's for God's sake, yet they dish out advice like we were teenagers. For instance, right now we are in the process of a lawsuit (hopefully and probably in the settlement phase) with State Farm for a rear end collision with an 18 wheeler that was determined immediately and accepted by the insurance company they had 100% liability. As is common knowledge, they don't pay out until ALL of the bills are in, including medical and my husband is STILL receiving treatment.eye rolling smiley

Yet, the parents ask repeatedly, "So WHEN are they going to pay, make sure you give them your prescription bills, make sure you ask for pain and suffering, make sure you make them pay for a new work van, make sure they have your tax returns, make sure................"BLAH BLAH fucking BLAH...............................This has been going on for six months and is getting on my last fucking nerve. We HAVE an attorney and they KNOW this, but still KEEP ON SAYING, "You REALLY need to get a lawyer". It's as if they are deaf and have Alzheimer's or something. Our PARENTS are more annoying than the fucking case has been and continue to be even after I have basically TOLD them in a hateful way to STFU.:headbrick

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
CFBitchfromLA
November 20, 2011
The assholes who took a single psych course would tell me that I was "sublminating my career for a man". Of course, the shitbricks didn't know I am married.

Fucking stupid ASSumptions that breeders make...fuck 'em all.....
November 22, 2011
We also get the cat bingoes, we've taken in a lot of rescue cats over the years, some have behavioral issues, some have disabilities and special needs and some of them have no problems at all.

There's been times when we've wanted to move but it's not easy finding a pet friendly place to rent, let alone somebody willing to rent to people with multiple cats. People will say "Why don't you just get rid of them?" and "Why don't you just find homes for them?" like the cats are nothing and disposable.

Or "Ugh, I hate cats, they give me the creeps, I don't know how anybody could live with them!" Like I care or asked for somebody's opinion on how they feel about cats.

I mentioned in a thread the other day that I've gotten quite a few unwanted comments/remarks about the length of my hair because it's tailbone length and I haven't colored it or done anything to it in about 4 years. "Why don't you cut/color it?" " You'd look GREAT with highlights!" or "I could never imagine having hair that long, doesn't it bother you when you sit down to pee?" "How do you eat, doesn't your hair get in the way?" and of course "It's too long, you could probably do with about 6 inches off that!"

Just because people do something different doesn't give people the right to make comments about it. I would never think about telling somebody what to do with their hair/body/home/whathefuckever so I don't know why people just don't keep their unwanted opinions to themselves.
November 22, 2011
mazey
We also get the cat bingoes, we've taken in a lot of rescue cats over the years, some have behavioral issues, some have disabilities and special needs and some of them have no problems at all.

There's been times when we've wanted to move but it's not easy finding a pet friendly place to rent, let alone somebody willing to rent to people with multiple cats. People will say "Why don't you just get rid of them?" and "Why don't you just find homes for them?" like the cats are nothing and disposable.

Or "Ugh, I hate cats, they give me the creeps, I don't know how anybody could live with them!" Like I care or asked for somebody's opinion on how they feel about cats.

I mentioned in a thread the other day that I've gotten quite a few unwanted comments/remarks about the length of my hair because it's tailbone length and I haven't colored it or done anything to it in about 4 years. "Why don't you cut/color it?" " You'd look GREAT with highlights!" or "I could never imagine having hair that long, doesn't it bother you when you sit down to pee?" "How do you eat, doesn't your hair get in the way?" and of course "It's too long, you could probably do with about 6 inches off that!"

Just because people do something different doesn't give people the right to make comments about it. I would never think about telling somebody what to do with their hair/body/home/whathefuckever so I don't know why people just don't keep their unwanted opinions to themselves.

Hey mazey, here's an old topic I started before you joined entitled, "Hair Bingos After Age 35", you might want to read/post on. I FEEL your pain!:headbrick

http://www.refugees.bratfree.com/read.php?7,93138,page=1

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
November 22, 2011
Mazey, the only thing I would say to you about your hair is that I am insanely JEALOUS of how long it is! I want hair that long, and I will have it some day. I am working on it. It is only a few inchest past my shoulders, but it is curly so I know it will take longer. Give me 5 years, and I am guessing I will be happier with its length. I will be 35 in 5 years so I am sure the bingoes will start.
November 22, 2011
I've been growing it for about 7 years now and I've only had 2 trims during that time. I was 30 when I started growing it long. I had a bad haircut that was just about around my jawline when I started. I'm going to start trimming it up a bit more though because I do have a lot of split ends. I trimmed it about 6 months ago and tried out a self-trim and I was happy enough with the results so I feel confident about cutting my own hair again.

I don't have any gray hairs right now but I might start coloring it again when that day does eventually happen.

I really hate that stereotype that once you reach a certain age you're supposed to wear muu muus and sport a granny hairdo.
November 23, 2011
Mazey,
I got a terrible cut in 7th grade (I was about 13 yrs old) that was just hideous, since I still believed that I could use will power to make my hair straight. When it was blow dried straight, it reached my chin. Every stylist always wet my hair, pulled it straight to cut it and then when it dried naturally, my top hair which is curlier than the under hair would curl right up, and I would look like a mushroom. This cycle of bad cuts went on until I was 26 and I finally accepted that I had curly hair and tried to work WITH it instead of against it. I found out about no-poo hair washing techniques, and got my first Deva cut at 29. I left the salon in tears... of happiness! It was the sexiest hair cut I had ever had! I LOVED my curly hair for the first time in my life! So now that I am 30, my hair continues to be long and curly, and I don't care what anyone says, my hair will reach my lower back someday. And I will rock my sexy curls and watch every moo out there with their moo-hair cuts turn green with envy. I have a few greys, but I don't care. My hubby has a lot more around his sideburns, but I think they are adorable. He has curly hair, too, so he looks super young as well.

I honestly think that anyone who bingoes anyone else about life choices is either jealous or simply intolerant.
Anonymous User
November 23, 2011
AAH the hair bingoes..Why is it always pish about highlights or 'going blonde' or semi-scalping oneself after a certain age? I am personally sodding well happy about being a long-haired,healthy 'mousey brown' .Why people even bother with this stuff I don't know,but they can just do one..

The 'keeping your own maiden name' bingoes. This is going to be the source of a few choice words very shortly. It was made politely clear to all family friends & work colleagues that there was no way in hell I would be changing my name after marriage. Just my personal opinion,but I find the whole idea completely reprehensible. Had my husband insisted I change my name, I wouldn't have gotten married, end of. Three years on,people still insist on carping on about this & sending letters addressed to Mr & Mrs His Names which just pisses me off completely.
Even people who are supposed to be close friends do this. Have let it go a few times but am getting utterly, utterly sick of it & really quite offended.

The 'female pilot' bingoes. How I wish people would just keep their predictable & pathetic shite about the 'parking skills' & 'navigation skills' of women to themselves. It really is very,very boring. It is usually followed by tales of some fuckwit they know who refused to fly on an aircraft because it was piloted by a woman. Can't even be bothered being polite about this crap anymore & am now quite happy to tell them their friend/relative is a daft cunt who deserves to be cast into the Atlantic at an altitude of 36,000 feet. Do they think we get our fucking licences from sending in tokens from cornflake packets?

Some people just need to contribute to the transplant program.
November 23, 2011
waving hellolarious
embraer135
AAH the hair bingoes..Why is it always pish about highlights or 'going blonde' or semi-scalping oneself after a certain age? I am personally sodding well happy about being a long-haired,healthy 'mousey brown' .Why people even bother with this stuff I don't know,but they can just do one..

The 'keeping your own maiden name' bingoes. This is going to be the source of a few choice words very shortly. It was made politely clear to all family friends & work colleagues that there was no way in hell I would be changing my name after marriage. Just my personal opinion,but I find the whole idea completely reprehensible. Had my husband insisted I change my name, I wouldn't have gotten married, end of. Three years on,people still insist on carping on about this & sending letters addressed to Mr & Mrs His Names which just pisses me off completely.
Even people who are supposed to be close friends do this. Have let it go a few times but am getting utterly, utterly sick of it & really quite offended.

The 'female pilot' bingoes. How I wish people would just keep their predictable & pathetic shite about the 'parking skills' & 'navigation skills' of women to themselves. It really is very,very boring. It is usually followed by tales of some fuckwit they know who refused to fly on an aircraft because it was piloted by a woman. Can't even be bothered being polite about this crap anymore & am now quite happy to tell them their friend/relative is a daft cunt who deserves to be cast into the Atlantic at an altitude of 36,000 feet. Do they think we get our fucking licences from sending in tokens from cornflake packets?

My DW still gets those after 16 years. However your hubby will probably find it very amusing (I know I do) when he starts getting mail for His first name - your last name. Because to the dumbasses in spamming You changed your name to his ...smile rolling left righteyes2

Wonder if I should have accepted that credit card with my first name - her last name?

embraer135

http://www.thefreeresource.com/commercial-plane-crashes-of-the-1960s-information-and-timeline-of-famous-plane-crashes

Since the first female commercial major airline pilot wasn't hired until 1973, these deadly commercial flight crashes caused by pilot error in the 1960's all had male pilots. In addition to that, males between the ages of 16-34 are considered the highest risk of causing an automotive accident according to insurance companies, at least that's what we were told by Allstate about our higher rates due to my husband's age. There are shitty drivers and pilots of both genders and all ages with no evidence what so ever that women are specifically "bad" drivers or certainly not worse, as a whole, than men. Of COURSE they weren't as experienced as male drivers when it first became popular in the 60's for women to get a driver's license, but that was due to lack of experience in comparison to their husbands who had been driving for 20 years.shrug

Like saying that all men are shitty house keepers, it's ridiculous and unfounded to say that women are worse drivers based on the fact they have a vagina instead of a penis. Men are fully capable of cleaning toilets just as women are fully able to change a flat tire. Gender bias is foolish and I am just sick to death of hearing it from either side and it becomes more annoying, the older I get. After nearly 50 years of THAT bullshit, I suppose I am entering the stereotypical time for age related bias to begin. GOD, does it ever end?confused smiley

November 26, 2011
crazycatlady
CONSTANT comments from people because I ride a motorcycle, especially when they find out it's a Japanese racing bike. "I know someone who died...." "I know someone who crashed...." Well, my response is this... "what were they doing when it happened?" Inevitably, the person was drunk or speeding when the "bad" thing happened. I don't drink and ride, nor do I speed (often) or split lanes or dodge traffic.

I also get lots of crap because i ride a motorcycle. Before i got my driving licence i constantly heard how i should not get it, i should not buy a motorcycle because it's not worth it (the winter is kinda long, you don't get to ride it all the time), how their stupid aquaintances died/were injured in accidents. And my favourite ones the mysoginistic assholes who told me that women have no business with motorcycles. smile rolling left righteyes2
November 28, 2011
blackpearl
I also get lots of crap because I ride a motorcycle. Before I got my driving licence I constantly heard how I should not get it, I should not buy a motorcycle because it's not worth it (the winter is kinda long, you don't get to ride it all the time), how their stupid aquaintances died/were injured in accidents. And my favourite ones the mysoginistic assholes who told me that women have no business with motorcycles. smile rolling left righteyes2

Whatever! I can assure you that I get lots of long looks, beeps, thumbs up, and whatever other perverted gestures as proof positive that men highly enjoy seeing a chick on a bike, even if it's worth nothing more than giving them something to fantasize about when they are home alone in the shower. I have had other male bikers do crazy antics to catch up to me and join me in my lane. Many try to show off to me by doing burnouts and wheelies and such, and I just shake my head. I have even been photographed multiple times while driving on the highway. Usually they try to be descreet, but once a guy stuck his whole hand holding the camera out his driver's side window as I passed him on the Pike! I can't help but laugh out loud. I'm glad I made someone's day! It's fun to be a rarity.
November 30, 2011
crazycatlady
blackpearl
I also get lots of crap because I ride a motorcycle. Before I got my driving licence I constantly heard how I should not get it, I should not buy a motorcycle because it's not worth it (the winter is kinda long, you don't get to ride it all the time), how their stupid aquaintances died/were injured in accidents. And my favourite ones the mysoginistic assholes who told me that women have no business with motorcycles. smile rolling left righteyes2

Whatever! I can assure you that I get lots of long looks, beeps, thumbs up, and whatever other perverted gestures as proof positive that men highly enjoy seeing a chick on a bike, even if it's worth nothing more than giving them something to fantasize about when they are home alone in the shower. I have had other male bikers do crazy antics to catch up to me and join me in my lane. Many try to show off to me by doing burnouts and wheelies and such, and I just shake my head. I have even been photographed multiple times while driving on the highway. Usually they try to be descreet, but once a guy stuck his whole hand holding the camera out his driver's side window as I passed him on the Pike! I can't help but laugh out loud. I'm glad I made someone's day! It's fun to be a rarity.

Wow that must be interesting...never seen people with such reactions. grinning smiley Probably because of the equipment i wear people don't realize if it's a man or a woman riding. Though i got some shocked looks sometimes when i took my helmet off. I asked if smth. is wrong and i got the "ohh i thought you are a guy!" In traffic i had no problems, some rude remarks i got from people who asked me if i have a driving licence and when i told them what kind, i got the "it's too dangerous, it's stupid to own a motorcyclesmile rolling left righteyes2". There were just two assholes who had mysoginistic attitudes when i mentioned i ride a bike...of the kind that women are shitty drivers. smile rolling left righteyes2
November 30, 2011
It's pretty obvious that I am a girl. I have a ponytail out the bottom of my helmet, and I wear a pink Spyder jacket. When I wear a jacket. More often I am in jeans and a tank top, or rockin it Lara Croft style in short shorts, knee high buckle boots and a tank top. No mistaking my sex there.

Blurry cell phone pic below: Wore this once to work with shorts underneath. That elicited more than a few beeps.

November 30, 2011
blackpearl
Probably because of the equipment i wear people don't realize if it's a man or a woman riding. Though i got some shocked looks sometimes when i took my helmet off. I asked if smth. is wrong and i got the "ohh i thought you are a guy!" In traffic i had no problems, some rude remarks i got from people who asked me if i have a driving licence and when i told them what kind, i got the "it's too dangerous, it's stupid to own a motorcyclesmile rolling left righteyes2". There were just two assholes who had mysoginistic attitudes when i mentioned i ride a bike...of the kind that women are shitty drivers. smile rolling left righteyes2

I've been riding for many years and try to go as sex-neutral as possible, mainly because I seek out some lonely roads. There was one incident during a hot summer ride that convinced me of the wisdom. I have a mesh summer jacket with padding in the right spots, it's well-ventilated for coolness, but with temps near 100F I decided not to wear it. I was also wearing just my half-helmet. The fact that I was a female rider was kinda obvious. Using my topographical map, I was up in the mountains, exploring. Right before I left town, I had ignored some cat-calling Bubbas in a truck, but when I turned off onto a road that was supposed to follow a scenic ridge, I noticed them following me. Having a sidecar on my bike made it hard to execute a tight turn around, so there were some nervous moments as they followed me closely while I looked for a safe driveway or parking lot to get turned around and make a getaway. After that - back to the body covering gear doh face

As far as the bingoes - I get a lot of "your husband LETS you do that?" pffft, like he could stop me sarcastic clapping I did a lonnng, 2100 mile ride at the end of October when I went to visit family in the Midwest. Had a blast, but when I talked about it afterward, I was met with shocked looks from people (99% of them women), especially when I gave a detailed description of wanting to make the trip home in two days. The second day, I did over 600 miles, much of it through the mountains, after dark. And it was cold. It was a challenging ride, but I felt pretty stoked afterwards. The women who heard me talking about it were almost universal in saying "Oh, my husband wouldn't LET me do something like that!" Wimpettes. :headbrick
November 30, 2011
Dorisan,
Well, the majority of my rides that are solo are from home to work and from work to home. A couple times I have taken the long way home or have gone riding up the coast of the north shore of MA. Sport bikes really aren't for long distance rides. Any other time that I go out just to ride, I prefer when my husband jumps on his bike and we ride together because he has an amazing ability to memorize maps. We like to have a destination in mind so we can give our hands and butts a rest.

As far as gear goes, I spend a lot of time sitting in rush hour traffic with very slow movement, so on a hot summer day, I sweat to death in a jacket. I did pay the price of a crash with just a t shirt on, and I bear the scars on my arm from it. It hasn't stopped me from riding in minimal gear, though I did briefly look for a torso and spine protector. Of course, nothing is made for women.

I intentionally broadcast that yes, I am a female riding a sport bike. Too bad YOUR wife/girlfriend can't/won't ride herself! I know, I know, it inflates my ego big time!
November 30, 2011
Yeah, what each rider wears is dictated by their own preferences and style. In urban riding and with others, you can pretty much go uncovered. Riding solo in some of the back-of-beyond places I like to explore, I'm not going to advertise that I'm a female rider out by myself (Dh's hands clench up after too long a trip, so we only do neighborhood stuff together). One of my most memorable rides was to the summit of Whitetop Mountain in VA

Middle peak; second highest in VA at 5520 feet; it's 3 miles of twisty roads to the top

Being on three wheels, I was able to navigate the dirt/gravel fire road that takes you all the way up. Once at the top, I had 100 mile views and perfect solitude. It's an area that hikers pass through, but I'm probably the only solo female rider who has ever gone up there. At the summit, I could strip off my gear, sit on my bike and let the breeze cool me off, but leading up to the ascent, I wasn't going to advertise to anyone watching "lone female rider, heading up deserted mountain road."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login