Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What other life choice "bingoes" do you get?

Posted by Anonymous User 
Re: What other life choice "bingoes" do you get?
September 04, 2012
Giada and Sebastian are completely adorable. And this is a cat person saying so!
September 04, 2012
Life-choice bingo - I drive a manual, but my husband doesn't know how. Today, on the phone with the insurance company, I told the lady that hubbs doesn't know how to drive my car and refuses to learn.

She snickered and replied, "Usually it's the other way around!" in a rather perplexed manner.

What? Because I drive stick, I'm a man? Because he doesn't, my husband is less of a man?

It's your hell; you rot in it!
Anonymous User
September 11, 2012
I used to get bingoed a lot for traveling alone when I used to do it often. Now, I am broke I don't really anymore lol. "Isn't that dangerous?" No not really. I go to the airport, check in, get on the plane, fly for a couple of hours, land, go to baggage claim, take a cab to my motel, then get settled in. I don't share cabs with weirdos. I don't tell anyone where I am staying. I don't invite people I don't know to where I am staying. I am not sure where the danger part comes in.

I still get bingoed for the fact that I moved several states away from my family to a state where I had no other family. I had a coworker the other day ask, "So how did you get an apartment?" Uh like I would've done anywhere else including if I had stayed where I was originally from. You know, go check them out. Talk to the leasing agent about the rent. Weigh the pros and cons. Then make a decision and fill out an application. What does any of that have to do with the fact I know nobody? Do most women in this country not know how to find a place to live, get a job, feed themselves, get around, etc without a friend/family member/SO by their side the entire time??? Smh.
September 11, 2012
jessikitty
I used to get bingoed a lot for traveling alone when I used to do it often. Now, I am broke I don't really anymore lol. "Isn't that dangerous?" No not really. I go to the airport, check in, get on the plane, fly for a couple of hours, land, go to baggage claim, take a cab to my motel, then get settled in. I don't share cabs with weirdos. I don't tell anyone where I am staying. I don't invite people I don't know to where I am staying. I am not sure where the danger part comes in.

I still get bingoed for the fact that I moved several states away from my family to a state where I had no other family. I had a coworker the other day ask, "So how did you get an apartment?" Uh like I would've done anywhere else including if I had stayed where I was originally from. You know, go check them out. Talk to the leasing agent about the rent. Weigh the pros and cons. Then make a decision and fill out an application. What does any of that have to do with the fact I know nobody? Do most women in this country not know how to find a place to live, get a job, feed themselves, get around, etc without a friend/family member/SO by their side the entire time??? Smh.

The mind boggles. Thankfully, nobody has ever tried to bingo me over such stupid things. I think I'd start immediately looking for an apartment in another state far away from people like that winking smiley
September 12, 2012
Snark Shark
jessikitty
I had a coworker the other day ask, "So how did you get an apartment?"

"BLACK MAGIC!!" devil with smiledevil with smile

A really good blow job? :satan Usually shuts up the stupid pretty quickly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
Anonymous User
September 17, 2012
Snark Shark
navi8orgirl
Snark Shark
jessikitty
I had a coworker the other day ask, "So how did you get an apartment?"

"BLACK MAGIC!!" devil with smiledevil with smile

A really good blow job? :satan Usually shuts up the stupid pretty quickly.

waving hellolarious

Hahaha. Both of those are pretty good answers. Luckily the dumbass who asked this quit last week. But now we have a new dumbass who just got hired over the weekend. He bingoed me yesterday about football and not wanting a stupid iphone! If he is willing to waste his breath to bingo me over stupid shit like that.... I can't even imagine what else. Ofcourse, he is another lazy person that just stands there. Maybe if these people would actually do something productive, they wouldn't have time to ask me stupid crap?
Anonymous User
September 17, 2012
yurble
jessikitty

The mind boggles. Thankfully, nobody has ever tried to bingo me over such stupid things. I think I'd start immediately looking for an apartment in another state far away from people like that winking smiley

Hahaha. Exactly. Except I don't know where I would move. There are lame people who can't resist asking ANYBODY about stupid stuff EVERYWHERE!
October 01, 2012
Churchians treat me like I have the plague. I believe in god, was saved and all that stuff... But GASP! I think that:

1.) gays getting married should be allowed, it should also be considered a marriage under the law, and it should be allowed to be a religious ceremony if they so choose
2.) abortion should be allowed with absolutely no restrictions. Up to the 9th month if it is feasible.
3.) am a staunch supporter of all reproductive rights. BC, PP, the whole nine yards.
4.) I am staunchly against the general teachings of churches. Primarily the teachings on how to behave. I literally sin on purpose sometimes. Why? Because with each thing I do that's "bad", the more I recognize the forbearance of Christ in my salvation. My salvation is God's responsibility, not mine. If we had to behave like "good little Christians" to get to heaven, then Christ died for nothing. (Tell a bible thumper that, they LOVE it.)
5.) I personally believe that Babylon Mother of Abominations in the bible was a metaphor for the Catholic Church. (It's in revelations). Mind you I'm not against Catholics, just the ones that teach bullshit. This goes over well at parties.

Yeah. I'm a leper to the church. Both catholic and otherwise. Also, since I'm Childfree and Christian and Childfree don't often go together, I'm often persuaded to dump my faith. Not gonna happen. It literally saved my life. 1 cm and my head would have been my new bedroom paint. I almost shot myself in the head over religion, depression, my family, and the total isolation I had from everyone I knew. I just withdrew. I was 1 cm from no longer existing. And my phone rang. It was my friend asking me to come to the new church (ironic). I went. And I found a new take on Christianity, one I could live with. One that made sense. I've been faithful ever since. I was saved, literally.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
So.. We know that food and water are running out, with overpopulation and all... Yet people keep on poppin' out those babies! I guess they want to have their baby and eat it too...

My top reason is that parenting gives you a free license to be selfish based purely on the fact that you're being selfish for an emanation of your own self. The illusion that what you do to benefit your children benefits them solely is a fallacy. Every parent benefits from the benefits that their children receive. Henceforth, it gives one a license to perpetuate a dog-eat-dog mentality that I perceive to be amoral. Parents say that their children are their greatest loves, what they forget to add is that they are their ONLY loves and only because their children are a reflection of themselves. I prefer to be able to love multiple people and have lasting relationships of many types and possess the essential core value of empathy for all than to restrict myself to an echo chamber of ego-masturbation and self-serving chicanery.

In short: Not parenting makes you a better person.
Anonymous User
October 02, 2012
Catharsist, your post above describes why I try to stay away from hardcore Christians.

There is also some kind of "fakeness" going on between them. They put on a show on Sundays and take off their masks and be their "real" selves on the other six days.

From my experience, hardcore black Christians can be just as bad. If you don't believe what they belief, they will ridicule you (usually behind your back). I also don't like how homophobic the Black Church is.

Because of that experience, I'm more guarded on how I express my true thoughts, feelings, and beliefs. But I am starting to express my thoughts and creativity by writing stories (not professionally though)

So now I'm between being a Christian and an Agnostic. But I am (and still am) a spiritual person.

I also got bingo-ed by not liking rap and r&b music. confused smiley
October 04, 2012
empresskitty
Catharsist, your post above describes why I try to stay away from hardcore Christians.

There is also some kind of "fakeness" going on between them. They put on a show on Sundays and take off their masks and be their "real" selves on the other six days.

From my experience, hardcore black Christians can be just as bad. If you don't believe what they belief, they will ridicule you (usually behind your back). I also don't like how homophobic the Black Church is.

Because of that experience, I'm more guarded on how I express my true thoughts, feelings, and beliefs. But I am starting to express my thoughts and creativity by writing stories (not professionally though)

So now I'm between being a Christian and an Agnostic. But I am (and still am) a spiritual person.

I also got bingo-ed by not liking rap and r&b music. confused smiley

Yeah, I'm super guarded usually. I've just now recently started coming out of my shell on the whole faith thing. So many people are starting to dislike Christians and quite frankly, I totally understand. Christians/Churchians have that mask because they're too worried about their own conduct. I don't act like a Christian, and when I preach on occasion (usually at the individual's request) I always highlight why I don't act like a normal Christian (and believe me, they usually ask before I can tell them). I have coaxed many onto the path, while affirming to them that it is their choice to do so. Churchians are much to pushy and self righteous. They often act as of they can do no wrong n the face of god. I used to be that way myself. And quite frankly, EVERYONE hates that shit.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
So.. We know that food and water are running out, with overpopulation and all... Yet people keep on poppin' out those babies! I guess they want to have their baby and eat it too...

My top reason is that parenting gives you a free license to be selfish based purely on the fact that you're being selfish for an emanation of your own self. The illusion that what you do to benefit your children benefits them solely is a fallacy. Every parent benefits from the benefits that their children receive. Henceforth, it gives one a license to perpetuate a dog-eat-dog mentality that I perceive to be amoral. Parents say that their children are their greatest loves, what they forget to add is that they are their ONLY loves and only because their children are a reflection of themselves. I prefer to be able to love multiple people and have lasting relationships of many types and possess the essential core value of empathy for all than to restrict myself to an echo chamber of ego-masturbation and self-serving chicanery.

In short: Not parenting makes you a better person.
November 20, 2012
Oh, boy. Where do I start? Let's see:

- Having short hair and LIKING it that way. Admittedly, I do want to grow it out a little, but just to my shoulders.
- Never dating or having any interest. I recently started having a small interest in relationships (at age 18), but I'm thinking of girls, not boys.
- Not dressing "warmly". I like to wear skirts or shorts until winter or until the temperature drops below 50. Not because I'm crazy, but because I'm still comfortable.
- Shopping online. It's just so much easier for me. I really don't mind the wait, even if it's a month! If I needed something that badly, I would go out and get it.
- Being an atheist
- Not liking rap or BET
- Not choosing a particular college to attend. The one my family wants me to attend is $30k a year. The one I chose is only $7,100. And that's just the first choice. I'm still looking at colleges.
- Not having my driver's license. I may get it before June, but really, this is silly in my circumstances. I don't have any desire to go further the main street/plaza in my city and I like to walk. Plus, there are three people in my house, we only have one car and someone always has it. I wouldn't get to use it.
- Not having a job. As if I haven't looked. Unfortunately, finding a part-time job at 18 is no easier than at 16 and my transportation is limited, so I can't go too far.
- I haven't anyone told this one yet, but I'm sure I will get bingoed for it when I do. I'm considering holding off on college until I find a job.

----------
"Be yourself, no matter what. Some will adore you, and some will hate everything about you, but who cares?

It's your life. Make the most out of it."
November 20, 2012
Ah, yes. The whole not having a job thing is really getting under people's skin. It's not like I'm not trying and it's not like I don't want one. I wanna work, but I can't find anything in my area, so I have to look in other cities, and even so I still can't find anything. Even a reception job I found which I thought would be really good for me required four years of experience. I am really tired of people asking me why I'm not working yet.
I may have said this before, I can't remember, but lately I've been getting bingos for not dating. Some family members keep bringing up marriage in their conversations with me. It kind of feels like they're desperate for me to get married, and it's getting really annoying.
And of course I get bingoed for not being a social butterfly.
Why are you so quiet? You need to get out more.
Have you talked to so-and-so lately? Why don't you invite so-and-so down? Why don't you want anybody to come over?
Why do you spend so much time alone. It's not good for you. You need to be with people.
I'm going to smack the next person that says that, famblee or not.
November 20, 2012
Of course. The introvert bingos. How could I possibly have forgotten those?

The irony is when I do "come out of my shell", they then want me to be quiet. Can't win either way.

And then, there's the bingo about how I must not really have friends, otherwise, I would be out every weekend. Or I should be at the mall every Saturday (most of my friends hate the mall). Apparently, my friends are just drones standing idly by, waiting for me to call them.

I would lose my mind if I couldn't be alone for some time everyday. Being around too many people for too long causes me anxiety and I have had minor breakdowns from it.

----------
"Be yourself, no matter what. Some will adore you, and some will hate everything about you, but who cares?

November 21, 2012
Browneyeddiamond, I've been treated the same way in regards to being an introvert. The group of friends I mainly hung around in late high school/early college were always prodding me to be more outgoing, and then once I did, a few complained that I turned into a chatterbox. Maybe I was overcompensating, I don't know, but that's just when I gave up. I maintain some close friendships with the few people I really trust and I've known for years (those who "get" my personality and don't try to change me), but by and large I gave up on people and socializing. It's too exhausting and not very rewarding. tongue sticking out smiley

I wasn't really bingoed for being overweight, but now that I'm losing weight through exercise and doing the Weight Watcher's diet, I'm being bingoed for not joining in on eating every sugary treat that people bring through the door. I know what a cookie or a donut tastes like, and I don't need to eat every one that's put in front of me. They're such calorie bombs, and even if I just ate one, it would take away the points I can use for real food. I'd rather eat real food and be satisfied than eat something that won't even fill me up just because it happens to take the shape of a tasty pastry. I have indulgences, but I plan them. The people who are always saying, "Oh, just one won't hurt you!" are the people who have those enviable metabolisms which allow them to eat whatever they want and never have to make any efforts to maintain a normal weight. My metabolism is so sluggish, on the other hand, that I really do have to watch every bite I put in my mouth and balance it out with activity if I want to maintain being just slightly chubby. If I don't, I steadily gain weight and become spherical, lol. tongue sticking out smiley That's just the metabolism I was given, and I have to work with it. Since I want to be able to fit through door frames, I have to watch what I eat, even when I'm in maintenance mode. Every time I've stopped being conscious of my diet and stopped having an exercise regime, I've gone up close to 200 lbs. (and I'm only 5 feet tall, so on the low end of being obese). It's not a comfortable weight.
November 21, 2012
Okay - my final bingo pet peeve - I'm pansexual.

I hate being told I can't straddle the fence - that I have to choose one or the other - by both gays and straights. I hate not being gay enough for the homosexuals and not straight enough for the heterosexuals. I married a man - therefore I pass as straight. I hate passing as straight. I know I have straight privilege, but I hate bisexual/pansexual invisibility and erasure by monosexuals. It's painful to put aside an entire piece of one's existence.

I also hate being seen as a traitor, because I am in a heterosexual marriage. I'm not a traitor - I followed my heart. If I followed my body, I'd be in a relationship with a woman/looking for a relationship with a woman.

On GLBTQ websites and in groups, it's all about the GLT and Q. The B only gets a passing mention, if it's mentioned at all. Sometimes, when it's mentioned, it's met with hostility - bi/pan people don't know what it's really like because they have the option of passing as straight and partaking of straight privilege. That's bullshit.

Even on bisexual fb pages, websites, and the like, the conversation always flows to those who are in homosexual relationships. Those of us who are in heterosexual relationships are pretty much ignores, because for the time being, we are seen as straight.

This is probably the bingo that irks me the most. I didn't choose my sexuality. I just live it every day. Straight privilege is all fine and dandy when it doesn't strip away a piece of your identity and soul.

It's your hell; you rot in it!
Anonymous User
November 21, 2012
While it is something I try to keep to myself, I get it for taking my psych pills.

"You know that crap is all in your head." (No shit, Sherlock.)
"Those pills don't really help, they don't do anything at all." (Same person buys Xanax off someone and the next day are raving about the effects. But they don't do anything. Right.)
"It's your own fault. You're lazy, if you tried harder, you wouldn't have any problems." (I'm not a violent person. I'm actually very sweet. But HOLY CRAP do I want to beat the hell out of the dick's who say this, then make them watch the recap of the turmoil and shitstorm of my life before the meds.)

I had someone go off on me today. And I lost my cool, but they apologized afterward-- "I'm so sorry, I didn't realize how all of that worked and what it must be like. I suppose there are some people who need it." Thanks, bitch. Maybe you should educate yourself before talking out of your ass.

Oh, I almost forgot my favorite. This one comes from the hippie crowd:

"You know, when you take all those chemicals to change yourself, That's not really you. You're not really this person," etc.

Excuse me, who the fuck are you to tell me who I am or what makes an individual. I choose what I want to be, and I have chosen, thru therapy, coping skills, and, Yes, evil chemicals, to be someone who overcomes those things that make life harder by dealing with them in a way that works for me. Thru some unholy combination of genetics, a biological mother using hard drugs while I was baking in her oven, and some abuse, I got dealt a shit hand. But I function, in fact, I thrive. I'm happy and welladjusted, and fuck you if you think I should be the opposite.

Rant over.
November 22, 2012
A fun bingo I got yesterday (of course, from my mother) was that I'm too young to be plucking my face. Not eyebrows, but my face. There's a spot on my neck where a single annoying whisker will grow and it bugs me when I can feel it sticking out like a fucking quill. So I pluck it, but sometimes it's hard to get a hold of because it's so tiny and hard to see.

My mother saw me doing this and first she bitched at me to stop plucking my face, and then went on a tirade about how I'm too young to need to shave my face and don't shave because the hair will grow back thicker, etc. I don't know why the fuck she cares - why all this concern over one strand of hair? Am I the only woman in the history of the world who has that occasional troublesome dark hair poking out of her chin/neck?

And I also do get bingoed for plucking my eyebrows so thin. Well 'scuse me, I like them thin and I will dab them with the lightest touch of eyeliner. I don't know why my mother cares so much about my appearance - I guess the thickness of my eyebrows and the presence of facial hair (no matter how scant) will reflect badly on her as a parent or something.
November 22, 2012
"You know, when you take all those chemicals to change yourself, That's not really you. You're not really this person," etc."

Funny, I thought hippies were known for taking chemicals to change themselves.
November 22, 2012
electricfire
"You know, when you take all those chemicals to change yourself, That's not really you. You're not really this person," etc."

Funny, I thought hippies were known for taking chemicals to change themselves.

They are. I had one tell me that pot and opium are OK because they're natural or some such crap.
Anonymous User
November 22, 2012
Having very long dreadlocks (Are they real? Do you wash them? Do you take them out every night and put them back in each morning? Does your boyfriend not dislike them? Is your boyfriend black? Are you trying to be black? "Hey rasta".)

Being vegetarian (How do you get enough protein? Do you take protein supplements? It must be so hard to find anything to eat. Aren't we naturally supposed to eat meat? What would happen to all the animals if we didn't farm and eat them?...there would be no cows in the fields.)
Anonymous User
November 22, 2012
Being bisexual (You're not really bisexual, you just say you are to be trendy. Doesn't that mean that you need a girlfriend and a boyfriend at the same time? or just... *disgusted face*)
November 22, 2012
^^ Along with my family's prejudice, that is precisely the reason only two very close friends know I'm bisexual.

I've been bingoed for being in therapy. "You don't need it." "You just want special attention." "You could fix your problems if you just/weren't so [insert whatever here]." "Everybody has problems." "I went through [some issue] and I didn't need therapy."

My therapist has helped me stay in check and deal with a lot of crap. That's not to say I'd be out committing arson and murder if I didn't have her, but I may have left school, hurt myself or run away if I didn't because many times, I have been pushed to the edge.

----------

November 23, 2012
kamikazepenguin
While it is something I try to keep to myself, I get it for taking my psych pills.

"You know that crap is all in your head." (No shit, Sherlock.)
"Those pills don't really help, they don't do anything at all." (Same person buys Xanax off someone and the next day are raving about the effects. But they don't do anything. Right.)
"It's your own fault. You're lazy, if you tried harder, you wouldn't have any problems." (I'm not a violent person. I'm actually very sweet. But HOLY CRAP do I want to beat the hell out of the dick's who say this, then make them watch the recap of the turmoil and shitstorm of my life before the meds.)

I had someone go off on me today. And I lost my cool, but they apologized afterward-- "I'm so sorry, I didn't realize how all of that worked and what it must be like. I suppose there are some people who need it." Thanks, bitch. Maybe you should educate yourself before talking out of your ass.

Oh, I almost forgot my favorite. This one comes from the hippie crowd:

"You know, when you take all those chemicals to change yourself, That's not really you. You're not really this person," etc.

Excuse me, who the fuck are you to tell me who I am or what makes an individual. I choose what I want to be, and I have chosen, thru therapy, coping skills, and, Yes, evil chemicals, to be someone who overcomes those things that make life harder by dealing with them in a way that works for me. Thru some unholy combination of genetics, a biological mother using hard drugs while I was baking in her oven, and some abuse, I got dealt a shit hand. But I function, in fact, I thrive. I'm happy and welladjusted, and fuck you if you think I should be the opposite.

Rant over.

You could always say, "Thank you, Tom Cruise." Maybe that will shut their pie holes.

( I can dream, can't I?)
November 23, 2012
Cambion
Am I the only woman in the history of the world who has that occasional troublesome dark hair poking out of her chin/neck?

No, you're not. I just had to pluck my chin hairs (plural) yesterday.

Given what you've said about your mom in the past, this doesn't surprise me.
November 23, 2012
Here's another bingo I often get. Apparently, according to some people, you're not supposed to feel certain emotions like sadness, anger, anxiety, or anything that's not pure joy all the time. I usually get the following.
You have no reason to be upset. You know, some people are worse off than you, so be glad (blah blah blah)
Well, pardon me for feeling a little down once in a while.

I've also been accused of being cold, because I don't like being touched. I don't know where it comes from. I just don't feel comfortable when someone gets too close to me so I tend to flinch, and apparently that makes me cold. Mind you, I'm all cuddles when it comes to animals.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login