Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What other life choice "bingoes" do you get?

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Re: What other life choice "bingoes" do you get?
November 23, 2012
"OMG! YOU'RE A PILOT?! Hey, it must be dangerous up there in your little Grob. Oh wait, you want to be a fighter pilot? Aren't you afraid of dying? That's a really male dominated field, you know! It'll be so stressful for you! How about all the people you may need to kill? Don't you want a safer, nicer, job instead?"

The above statement pisses me off to no end. And once they find out I'm Childfree, double game over. I get looked at like I have two heads. Aw, well... at least I can weed out most of the idiots in two sentences! smiling smiley

November 25, 2012
Hair on my chin- check
Dressing different- check
Mental medications- check I have panic disorder
Not drinking alcohol- check
Dislike of post 80's music-check
Being a stay at home wife, after years of working as a flight attendant- check
Loving my pets more than most humans- check
Not drinking sugary drinks- check
No caffeine of any kind, chocolate ,tea (what a weirdo).- check
Phobia of vomit (weirdo) That sends me into fight/flight. - check
Mom criticizing every little thing- check
Disliking the southern California climate- check
Drinking only sparkling water-check
Still thinking of sex at 43 yrs. old- check
Not wearing makeup-check
Wearing only long dresses/ no pants. I like room to move-check
Smoking 10 cigarettes a day. But you had cancer. I do not care to live longer if there is nothing to enjoy.
November 25, 2012
barren4ever

I get this one too! I got bingoed at Starbucks recently because I ordered an herbal tea, and the guy behind the counter asked me if I wanted a sample of some new coffee they were hawking. I said no thanks, I don't drink coffee (he was being sort of persistent) and he was like "How can you NOT drink coffee?" I had to give up caffeine (even decaf) for health reasons, but it's something I generally keep to myself.
November 25, 2012
I get shit for being an introvert (which isn't really a choice, it's the way I am), a antinatalist (natch) and a teetotaler (which I have good reasons for). I really don't see why people get so bent out of shape over these things. I mean, how is it anything to do with them? How does it affect them in any way?

--------------

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it."
George Bernard Shaw

"An oyster can play catch if u only give it the oprotunity"
Some random YouTube commenter

"hate comments will be deleted!! fuckers!"
Some random YouTube uploader

Anonymous User
November 25, 2012
electricfire
I've also been accused of being cold, because I don't like being touched. I don't know where it comes from. I just don't feel comfortable when someone gets too close to me so I tend to flinch, and apparently that makes me cold. Mind you, I'm all cuddles when it comes to animals.

Me too. I despise being touched, unless I'm being hugged or hugging someone I love. I never understood how people can get massages by complete strangers(masseuses or masseurs or massage therapists) EEEWWW!!

Ketchup
barren4ever

I get this one too! I got bingoed at Starbucks recently because I ordered an herbal tea, and the guy behind the counter asked me if I wanted a sample of some new coffee they were hawking. I said no thanks, I don't drink coffee (he was being sort of persistent) and he was like "How can you NOT drink coffee?" I had to give up caffeine (even decaf) for health reasons, but it's something I generally keep to myself.

I hate coffee, have never liked it. Every time I tell someone this, you'd think I told them I eat fetuses for breakfast...*GASP* "How can you NOT like coffee?!" "How do you FUNCTION?!"
OMG seriously? I think I've only met two people in my lifetime, besides my mom and dad, who don't drink coffee. I just don't like the taste of the shit, leave me the fuck alone!
November 26, 2012
Snark Shark
" and he was like "How can you NOT drink coffee?""

pft! IT TASTES LIKE DIRTWATER!!! THAT'S HOW!!

unless you put something chocolety in it- THEN i'll give it a try!

It really DOES taste like dirtwater!!! *shudder* I hate coffee.

It's your hell; you rot in it!
Anonymous User
November 26, 2012
Another coffee hater here. :hello

I've never been bingoed for that, but I have been bingoed for not liking pie that's not chocolate (apple, lemon, pumpkin, etc.). If I did, I would be a lot fatter than I am now.

I always find it kind of funny that I like eating apples, strawberries and bananas, but the thought of eating those in pie form turns my stomach (or any desserts made from those fruits).
November 26, 2012
Yeah, I hate coffee too. Just the smell of it makes me nauseous.

--------------

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it."
George Bernard Shaw

November 26, 2012
I also hate coffee and am also a teetotaler.

Reading over this thread, it seems like we get bingoed just for living.

----------
"Be yourself, no matter what. Some will adore you, and some will hate everything about you, but who cares?

It's your life. Make the most out of it."
November 26, 2012
Personally, I think coffee either tastes like cigarettes or the smell of cat urine. I like cappoccinos sold in coffee shops though, even if they make me feel sick afterward.

I think the reason why we're bingoed for so many ridiculous things is because most people can't seem to understand that there is a world outside their little bubble and not everybody is going to like what they like or hate what they hate, and it scares the shit out of them.
November 26, 2012
I don't like coffee either.

But I like the smell of it.

I used to work at a coffee shop...weird but true. smile rolling left rightsmile
November 27, 2012
peace-n-quiet
I don't like coffee either.

But I like the smell of it.

I agree with both statements. Coffee smells wonderful when it is freshly made, especially espresso. But when it is on someone's breath, it smells like ass. Give me an encounter with garlic breath over coffee breath any day.
Anonymous User
November 27, 2012
The fact that I don't do anything at all for the winter holidays (particularly Xmas) freaks people out. You know the kind of thing.

"Are you ready for Christmas?" (everybody in the world asks me)
"I don't do anything." (stunned silence)

"Have you put up your Christmas tree yet?"
"I don't have one." (stunned silence)

In a similar way, the traditional first question you get when meeting someone here in the southern USA:

"What church do you go to?"
"None." (stunned silence)

Like others, I loathe the smell and taste of coffee, so the usual "Have some coffee!" meets with my quiet "I'm not a coffee drinker." which leads to stunned silence. Sort of the same with the fact that I don't like the smell or taste of beer.

The fact that I have zero interest in sports (here in the college sports crazy South) freaks people out, male or female.

"Did you see the game?"
"What game?" (stunned silence)
November 28, 2012
Snark Shark
victoria silverwolf
The fact that I don't do anything at all for the winter holidays (particularly Xmas) freaks people out. You know the kind of thing.

In a similar way, the traditional first question you get when meeting someone here in the southern USA:

Like others, I loathe the smell and taste of coffee, so the usual "Have some coffee!" meets with my quiet "I'm not a coffee drinker." which leads to stunned silence. Sort of the same with the fact that I don't like the smell or taste of beer.

The fact that I have zero interest in sports (here in the college sports crazy South) freaks people out, male or female.

"Did you see the game?"

THISTHISTHIS!!

i used to like xmas decorating- but I grew out of it around 12!

I felt the same way about Christmas decorations... until I saw THIS.

--------------

George Bernard Shaw

November 28, 2012
I used to love coffee. Then I drank some when I had a stomach bug (thought it was just indigestion). Let's just say that once something comes out the wrong end you hate it for life.
November 30, 2012
"What do you need a dead bat for?"
December 01, 2012
strange aeons
Snark Shark
victoria silverwolf

"Did you see the game?"

THISTHISTHIS!!

i used to like xmas decorating- but I grew out of it around 12!

I felt the same way about Christmas decorations... until I saw THIS.

I so want!!!
December 01, 2012
Snark Shark
zatoth
"What do you need a dead bat for?"

It's easier to store than a dead elephant?

Wait until I get my tax refund...
July 14, 2013
I'm necro-ing this thread because I was recently bingoed because I drink diet soda. I shit you not. Who actually bingoes people about a fucking beverage? It started because the friend who did it has been living for the last several years in a country where people don't drink a lot of sugared beverages, and I guess he drank a lot of Mountain Dew and the like before moving over there. He mentioned about how living there has changed his dietary habits, including not drinking soda because it's filled with so much sugar. We were eating dinner at a friend's house at the time of this conversation, and I had a can of diet soda. I mentioned that when I do have soda, I only drink diet. "But that's WORSE than regular! You shouldn't drink any soda AT ALL." And then he proceeded to more or less lecture me about being healthy for a few minutes before the subject was changed. I have put on a fair amount of weight since I last saw this person, so I'm sure he may have been a little shocked. I was having a cheat day with pizza and such with my friends, and didn't want to drink a sugared soda like the rest of them were. I found it annoying. It was mostly a pleasant day and nice to catch up with this friend, and I know he meant well, but that did rub me the wrong way.

What I put in my body is my business. It's known among my friends that I'm working to get fit and in shape again (yay!) and adhering to mostly clean eating as well as using Weight Watchers for portion control to keep myself in check, as I tend to graze a bit when left to my own devices. With my slow metabolism, I kind of have to regulate in some way. I'm doing it with wellness, not being thin, in mind. I'll always be a little chubby anyway, but I'm trying not to be like Horta, either. tongue sticking out smiley But for fuck's sake, a diet soda here and there is a nice thing, and for ME, it's better than downing a cup of sugar. I don't drink it every single day, and I usually only have one when I do. Yes, I know that the artificial sweeteners aren't exactly healthy, but I really don't care, since I don't drink it every day. I don't use the diet soda as a replacement for water, either. I drink it sometimes because it's fun to drink a fizzy beverage that's flavored and has no actual sugar. In any case, a grown woman of 30 should be able to drink a damn diet soda without being nagged about how it's not healthy. I also drink beer (and I've found that many of Leinenkugel's beers are pretty low-cal in moderation) a couple of times per month. Sorry, not sorry! grinning smiley
Mostly, I get some variation of the following:

"You can't call yourself a Republican/Liberal/Wiccan/Zebra/Astronaut, if/unless you believe in/support gun rights/abortion/free will/raspberries/pink underwear!"

Also, the "healthier-than-though" crew: AARGH! Yes, I'm drinking beer. Don't like it? Then you can't have one! Yes, I'm overweight. I have a number of medical conditions and i'm doing the absolute best that I can at the moment. Would you be surprised to know my doctor said I'm exceptionally healthy? That my blood pressure is in fact on the low side? That he constantly fusses at me to eat *more*?

I'm a heterosexual female. I hate pink, get dirty, work with tools and computers, own one dress I wore years ago, and prefer boots. My mother especially likes to tell me I'm "not grown up" because I don't dress like fucking Barbie. Some family and "friends" keep telling me I'm a closet lesbian because of the way I act and dress. This is stupid on so many levels, as if gender, orientation, etc. has anything to do with the way people dress and act. I know lesbians who love makeup and frilly stuff, just as I know gay men who are muscular and rugged. People are unique individuals and we don't need to worry about fitting into narrow, media-driven stereotypes.
I got bingo-ed for not listening to rap music. Also got bingo-ed for not liking the majority of gospel music.

Recently, I got bingo-ed for liking world history. Come on, I think world history is a bit more interesting than American history.
July 14, 2013
I got bingoed about being an introvert - by my duh, no less. We talked about it (I usually try not to JADE, but I felt I had no choice), and while he acknowledged that that's just how I am, he said, "Yes, but, you need to be more... out there..." In other words, I should push myself to be more social even though I'd hate it. I don't want to be more "out there", just go away! :headbrick

Oh, and he also bingoed me about not drinking. Fuck him, it's my decision! And with a family history of alcoholism, I think it's a fairly sensible decision! But no, he'd rather I be a drinking buddy for him. Idiot.

--------------

George Bernard Shaw

July 14, 2013
I get bingoed because I would rather spend my money on a cleaning lady than on fucking cable.
July 15, 2013
brown-eyed diamond
Of course. The introvert bingos. How could I possibly have forgotten those?

The irony is when I do "come out of my shell", they then want me to be quiet. Can't win either way.

Yup. I'm an introvert and kind of careful about expressing my emotions around people. Doesn't really make me feel like talking much when I've had people silencing me when I talk or do express myself.

For example, I've had someone just completely tell me to shut up over an over when I was attempting to voice suggestions and concerns. This person was always all "STFU" at me, and be only interested in what my partner had to say. No, I never let it be known how much it bothered me because I just don't talk about that shit anyway. Luckily, this person is out of my life now.

I've had people that want to "get to know me more" totally invalidate my feelings, or not give a flying fuck when I talk about my life and issues. But I'm so totally ears for their crap.

Another time, I thought it was totally safe to come to someone about some concerns about a family member. This person however, decided to pull a whole fucking meeting and twisted my fucking words around to make it seem like I was being hurtful to this family member.

So there you go. I basically have learned that a. nobody gives a fuck, b. what I say doesn't matter, and c. that there's really no one I can trust with my personal shit.

Now, this is an unhealthy way to think, and I know it isn't true of many people. Makes the whole "open up and talk more" thing kind of a hard sell for me. :headbrick sad smiley
July 15, 2013
@kookiecrisp. I feel ya!

I get degraded for my height (5'4") and for not having a gigantic baboon in heat butt. smile rolling left righteyes2

The same people who degrade me tell me to not care what other people think because I cannot please people. But yet, they are the same people degrading me. They cannot see that. That's why I really do not associate with most people. It might sound elitist and mean but read my siggy. Most people are garbage and I just do not care to associate with most people.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
"I have found little that is 'good' about human beings on the whole. In my experience most of them are trash, no matter whether they publicly subscribe to this or that ethical doctrine or to none at all."
~Sigmund Freud
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login