Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What other life choice "bingoes" do you get?

Posted by Anonymous User 
Re: What other life choice "bingoes" do you get?
October 03, 2013
yurble
cosmictraveler
I got bingoed about using my Kindle to read books today instead of reading "real books." It's the same fucking book, for fuck's sake. And it's a fucking first-generation Kindle. I don't own a tablet or a smartphone. The ignorant sow who bingoed me about it plays on her fucking iphone all day. :headbrick

And I get bingoed about liking paper books instead of owning an e-reader! Sheesh, as long as both are produced, it's a matter of personal preference which you use.

That's how I feel about it, too. shrug This co-irker I speak of is a special sort of annoying which I could rant on about, but that's for a separate thread and time. tongue sticking out smiley
October 04, 2013
I used to get bingoed by my extended family about my tattoos (I have 37 of them). It's funny; total strangers have given me complements on them, but my own relatives are complete douchebags about them. I had one aunt go 'How's that going to look when you're 40? How are you going to get a job?'. Bitch, I'm only single digits away from 40! angry flipping off

I also get bingoed on how I wear my hair...this is exactly why I've cut a lot of these assholes off. So what if I wear it in a blue mohawk? My life, MY fucking hair! People need to get over themselves... smile rolling left righteyes2

Why live in a fishbowl, when you could be swimming in the ocean?

"She, and all other rabid breeders, are like crabs in a bucket headed to Red Lobster. When they see a smarter crab escaping, they try to pull it back in." - Miss Hannigan

"Yeah, that's what family is about - guilt tripping people into cleaning up someone else's mess." - mrs. chinaski

(Shameless blog promotion: http://popcornculturejunkie.wordpress.com/)

(Cornucopia of visual rantage: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD78oSD27mzAlVzsB0q2ibA)
Anonymous User
October 05, 2013
I myself used to get alot of drama bullshite about the length of my hair, with rude comments from stangers trying to make plans for it---such as wig donations. I always considered these remarks to be violent. A cancer patient doesn't care about hair---they care about whether they're going to live or die. Out of the preservation for my sanity, I had no choice to defend myself. Some comments typically" "Why are you making plans for my hair?" "I'll cut my hair when you lose weight", "I'm not being violent with you" "Why do you compliment my hair and then insult it in the same breath?" "If you want to joke about cutting my hair, then I'll joke about slashing your tires."
Anonymous User
October 05, 2013
Wine stinks. Hate the smell
October 05, 2013
the ogress of utica
I myself used to get alot of drama bullshite about the length of my hair, with rude comments from stangers trying to make plans for it---such as wig donations. I always considered these remarks to be violent. A cancer patient doesn't care about hair---they care about whether they're going to live or die. Out of the preservation for my sanity, I had no choice to defend myself. Some comments typically" "Why are you making plans for my hair?" "I'll cut my hair when you lose weight", "I'm not being violent with you" "Why do you compliment my hair and then insult it in the same breath?" "If you want to joke about cutting my hair, then I'll joke about slashing your tires."

OMG this reminds me of something icky ~

I read somewhere that most hair is REJECTED for wigs! Wig makers don't want the typical Western hair that is over processed and over shampooed. Not good hair. So what some of these hair collectors do is - sell it to others and some of it might wind up in insulation.

Wait a minute! Hold the phone here - you mean that my house insulation might have someone's old hair in it??? Ewwwwww!
What the FUCK? I *thought* this was made out of styrofoam or fiberglass. GROSS.

I haven't investigated the particulars of this, I don't know how true it is. I do know it was done in the past.

I could see it though. And such insulation mfg's might just call it something else. Instead of 'human hair' they might call it Inert Organic Material or something. I spent plenty of years working in mfg. and they're shifty fuckers, anything to make a buck. If they'll feed chicken shit to cows - they'll do anything.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poultry_litter#Use_as_Cattle_Feed

Yeah, old hair in your walls is nothing in comparison, eh?

two faces puking

And some people think biz should be completely unregulated? smile rolling left righteyes2 PAHLEEZ. You're eating beef fed with shit now! You'll be eating Soylent Green in no time! smile rolling left righteyes2

That's another 'hate' of mine - people who parrot the BS their Corporate Masters feed them. And have NO CLUE as to what's really going on. It's the same with the hair - 90% of it cannot be used for wigs - it's too beat up. Yeah, deregulate *everything*. Let's all eat shit! angry smiley
October 06, 2013
Locks of love is also known for being one of the worst 'charities' out there.
October 06, 2013
the ogress of utica

I hate the smell of all alcohol. It is just gross to me.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
"I have found little that is 'good' about human beings on the whole. In my experience most of them are trash, no matter whether they publicly subscribe to this or that ethical doctrine or to none at all."
~Sigmund Freud
October 10, 2013
peace-n-quiet
the ogress of utica

I hate the smell of all alcohol. It is just gross to me.

The smell of alcohol makes me nauseous. I remember someone once breathing alcohol directly into my face and I almost immediately felt dizzy afterwards.

----------
"Be yourself, no matter what. Some will adore you, and some will hate everything about you, but who cares?

It's your life. Make the most out of it."
October 11, 2013
Yes, Locks of Love sucks big time. Plus, a vast majority of human hair would likely not be fit for donation anyway. If your hair has been salon-treated in any way - dying, bleaching, frosting, highlights, etc. - it cannot be used. I think I mentioned it earlier in this thread, but I also used to get a lot of shit from people about my hair when I was a kid. It was much longer than it is now - about down to my hips. My one aunt would always hound me that I should cut it off and donate it, and one of my cousins would tell me he'd give me money if he could cut it off.

I don't know why the fuck everyone was so concerned with MY hair. I'm not a fucking wig farm for cancer patients, and I sure as fuck wouldn't go up to someone and say, "You make so much money, so you need to donate some of it!" It's their money that they earn, and they are under no obligation to give what is theirs to someone not fortunate enough to have much of their own. If they choose to, then that's swell, but that's all it is: a choice. NOT an obligation. My hair is noticeably shorter now, as I got it hacked off before high school and it sits a bit below the shoulders and is bleached. So no one gives me crap about it.
October 11, 2013
Not all cancer patients want wigs. Some like to go bald. Me and I met others alike.
October 13, 2013
Cambion
I don't know why the fuck everyone was so concerned with MY hair. I'm not a fucking wig farm for cancer patients, and I sure as fuck wouldn't go up to someone and say, "You make so much money, so you need to donate some of it!" It's their money that they earn, and they are under no obligation to give what is theirs to someone not fortunate enough to have much of their own. If they choose to, then that's swell, but that's all it is: a choice. NOT an obligation. My hair is noticeably shorter now, as I got it hacked off before high school and it sits a bit below the shoulders and is bleached. So no one gives me crap about it.

This goes with just about all life choice bingos. One example is the one I mentioned about not liking to go out. Among the things that have gotten said to me are "what else do you have to do?" or "it isn't far, why not go?" or other things like that. I think just not being interested is a valid reason for not wanting to these things we get life choice bingos over, so why not let us be?

JD
Anonymous User
September 22, 2020
Let me see...
-being an introvert (I've gotten a few from my uncle that go "don't be such a hermit.")angry flipping off
-wanting to grow my hair out (again, from my uncle who'd tell me that I'd "look like a hippie".)
-my weight (once again from my uncle which is rich because he weighs damn near 250 pounds.)
-not liking any kind of sport (except bowling. I like bowling. Any other kind of sport is just 1 big pissing contest IMO.)
-being me (weird & geeky is my default state lurking trolls. Its what makes me ME. If you don't like it, then shut your stupid slack-jawed pieholes.)

Other than those, I don't get bingoed all that often, thank god. Why can't people just live and let live?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login