Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

So BFers, what are you listening to? :cool

Posted by frenzy 
So BFers, what are you listening to? :cool
November 21, 2011
Music-wise of course. grinning smiley
My taste is varied, I can listen to about anything and like it (except rap, mostly. And country).
Currently though, I'm focused on techno/electronica/vocaloid/indie stuff.
Owl City, Lights, Dubstep, etc.
And my favorite vocaloid is Gakupo.
Sometimes Len even though his fans creep me the hell out...
It's a strange taste for most because in vocaloid, voices are all synthesized.
And in Japanese (although you can find some Engrish songs by them if you search hard enough on Youtube and there are English vocaloids or "engloids").
They're voice programs anyone can buy and use with characters to represent them.
The most famous one (who I hate, actually) is the teal haired, pig tailed, Miku Hatsune.
Still, it's weeaboo-ish music and I'm a bit ashamed of liking it but oh well.
Bahaha.
Anyways.
What do you guys listen to?
Artists, favorite songs/genre, a certain era of music you're fond of?

“I don’t have pet peeves, I have major, psychotic fucking hatreds.”
— George Carlin

Re: So BFers, what are you listening to? :cool
November 21, 2011
60-80s musics! too many to mention because they were all good.

i also listen to j-rock.
November 21, 2011
I have listened to vocaloid before. My brother likes that. Sound all right. I'll be sure to avoid Miku Hatsune in the future.

I usually listen to techno/electronica/house. I never go a day without hearing some Euro-dance. I have a serious thing for Daft Punk. I will listen to "Around the World" or Le Knight Club's "Coco Girlz" a hundred times in a row and never get tired of it.

Motown, heavy metal, swing, industrial, synthesizer, Oi!, you name it, I listen to it or have listened to it. I listen to 10 Years, 3rd Bass, A Tribe Called Quest, Billie Holiday, CCR, Elton John, Elvis Presley, Iggy Pop, Minor Threat, Sinatra, RHCP, The Doors and a lot of others. It's all over the place.
November 21, 2011
It really depends on my mood. Sometimes I can't concentrate at all with any music and other times I like to listen to swing-big band, jazz, classical, or rock and roll. I have a soft spot for most anything 70's including disco and folk music like the Carpenters, John Denver, or Bread. I must admit too I love Elvis music of most any type as well as well as Janis Joplin, Tom Jones, and any of the Rat packers including Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, and especially Sammy Davis Jr. I still want to see Tony Bennett perform before I die too but I had better hurry because he's already 85 years old. However, my list wouldn't be complete without honorable mention of Elton John, Nat King Cole, Buddy Holly, Kris Kristofferson, Patsy Cline, Michael Jackson, Donny Osmond, Toto, STYX, The Beach Boys, Beatles, and most any of the 50's pop bands and vocalists from that time period.

I detest rap music of most any type although there are a handful of early songs I like from that type of music. Modern country western completely gets on my nerves, although I do like some of the old country music of Tammy Wynette, Loretta Lynn, George Jones, Conway Twitty, Dolly Parton, and Hank Williams SR. Heavy metal and hard rock isn't my cup of tea, but I like some of that too especially from the old groups like Lynyrd Skynyrd, RCDC, ELO, Led Zeppelin, Queen, KISS, and Guns N Roses among others. I also like old gospel music and barbershop quartet music too. I like so many varieties of music it's difficult to claim a favorite, but if I was stranded on a desert island and only could have one type with me I'd probably pick jazz.band playing music

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
November 21, 2011
juklinwaro
I have listened to vocaloid before. My brother likes that. Sound all right. I'll be sure to avoid Miku Hatsune in the future.

I usually listen to techno/electronica/house. I never go a day without hearing some Euro-dance. I have a serious thing for Daft Punk. I will listen to "Around the World" or Le Knight Club's "Coco Girlz" a hundred times in a row and never get tired of it.

Motown, heavy metal, swing, industrial, synthesizer, Oi!, you name it, I listen to it or have listened to it. I listen to 10 Years, 3rd Bass, A Tribe Called Quest, Billie Holiday, CCR, Elton John, Elvis Presley, Iggy Pop, Minor Threat, Sinatra, RHCP, The Doors and a lot of others. It's all over the place.

Gakupo's good.
Meiko's overlooked.
Len and Rin are... interesting.
Kaito's misinterpreted.
Miku's an annoying bitch.
Luka's got a really nice voice for vocaloid rock songs.
And Gumi, well, I've never listened to her.
But I'm a bit biased to the guys.

I tune into the electronica/house music via iTunes radio sometimes.
Good stuff. grinning smiley

“I don’t have pet peeves, I have major, psychotic fucking hatreds.”
— George Carlin
November 21, 2011
At this very second I'm listening to "Somebody's Baby" by Jackson Browne. Generally I'll give anything a listen except for American country, Mexican country, and most rap. I have a soft spot for 80's synth pop and 90's new jack swing R&B.
November 21, 2011
With the hellidays coming on I have been thinking about the old hometown.

Polkas waving hellolarious

I like a wide range of music such as classical, old jazz/swing, oldies,old country (Hank and Johnny Cash, etc), classic rock, folk, celtic, disco, punk and 80s. I couldn't really tell you what's on the radio now though! I think I'm stuck in a time warp grinning smiley
Anonymous User
November 21, 2011
I love listening to pretty much anything except rap, and whiny stuff like Celine Dion and Coldplay. Yes, I am the only person in England who hates Coldplay. Maybe not, but it seems that way sometimes.

My newest purchase is two albums by Trombone Shorty which I've recently discovered.
I will also put in a seconding vote for Daft Punk as per the above, which never fails to make me feel good. I really like Basement Jaxx too.

I've just put Holst's Somerset Suite in the car, which I haven't listened to for ages too.
November 21, 2011
thom_c

D'jeet yet? Pierogies are good, heyna? It's about the time of year for making batches of boilo.

I've been on a Manowar and Danzig kick lately. I listen to everything from the Middle Ages to the present, except for Top 40 Radio and mainstream country. I went on a CD shopping spree in Philly a few months ago and bought an old Medieval Baebes album, the first Birthday Massacre album, and other CDs by 45 Grave, X Mal Deutschland, and Corvus Corax. I LOVE the pagan neo-folk or black metal bands that have come out in recent years.

One of my favorite things to do is look up random music from around the world on YouTube. I found some pretty cool stuff from Kazakhstan.

Has anyone ever heard the metal band Alestorm? All of their lyrics are about pirates. Yarrrrr!!!

LucyTrainWreck
thom_c

D'jeet yet? Pierogies are good, heyna? It's about the time of year for making batches of boilo.

coalregion.com smiling smiley

November 21, 2011
Most of my favorite music comes from the 70s and 80s. I like classic rock, pop, disco, and 80s dance and new wave. Some of my favorite underrated 80s artists are The Motels, Missing Persons, Saga and Donnie Iris. My favorite disco artist is Donna Summer. Some classic rock favorites are The Cars, Pat Benetar and Suzi Quattro (she is American but much better known in Europe).
November 21, 2011
I love most kinds of rock/metal, and also listen to classic rock. I think my favorite kind is metalcore...bands like Between the Buried and Me, As I Lay Dying, August Burns Red. I occasionally listen to electronica, but nothing from the U.S. Stuff like IAMX (UK) or The Knife (Sweden). Not sure if those fall under electro-pop...either way I hate anything Top 40 or pop music.
Anonymous User
November 22, 2011
I love heavy metal, funk, some rock and I also love old jazz and blues.grinning smiley
On my IPod's top played list currently are the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Korn, Type O Negative, Godsmack, Disturbed, NIN, Bowie, Billie Holiday, Louis Armstrong, Ella Fitzgerald, Robert Johnson (the father of the blues, not the new guy!) and Leadbelly.
I loathe pop music, new country and rap.
I also have an old wind up phonograph with a collection of 78's from the 20's and 30's, mostly old jazz that I love listening to...it's either old school or the newest technology at my house!waving hellolarious
November 24, 2011
Snark Shark
DON'T LIKE RADIOHEAD, EITHER.

doh face OH NO YOU DIDN'T! YOU ARE SO BANNED! angry smiley

Just kiddin'. For the record, from what I've heard, Radiohead hate Coldplay too. tongue sticking out smiley

November 24, 2011
Don't like Coldplay that much either, but I worry about that song of theirs "Vita la Vida". Not only does the singer jump around like he has hemorrhroids (and as my mother says, needs a bath) but I am so afraid that William Shatner is going to try to do that song.
November 24, 2011
Depends on what mood I am in. Motown, R&B, old-skool hip hop, rap (don't hate me!), disco, 80's music, classical, bhangra, alternative, metal, classic rock - well, shit, everything except country.
November 24, 2011
Right this second? Disney songs. For the longest time, I thought the rock star from "A Goofy Movie" was voiced by Michael Jackson.

In general, I like oldies, disco, 80s, stuff from the 90s, Eurobeat, and dance. A couple things here and there from current musicians too. And 90s stuff is usually for the sake of nostalgia because that's the stuff I grew up hearing and waiting for two hours for some piece of shit by NSYNC or Savage Garden to come on the radio so I could record it.

In fact, I found an old Backstreet Boys CD recently and listened to it...man that took me back. Also, it was their debut album...so why in the one song do the lyrics go, "Backstreet's back?" How can you be back if you were never there to begin with?

Also, ashamed to admit to this, I like a few songs by Lady Gaga. BUT I think she sounds better as a man, so I take all her songs into my sound editor and lower the pitch by 20 percent. End result is what sounds like a young guy and I think it sounds a lot better. smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login