Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Back on the market...

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Back on the market...
September 23, 2012
I posted a while back about some problems that were going on with me and my boyfriend and that I wanted to move back home with my mom to get my life back on track. Well, I am now free as a bird and while the last thing I want is to jump into another relationship, I still want to get out and go on dates and just have fun. It's been a very long time since I've been on the market and I'm afraid I just don't know what to do with myself. I'm also extremely shy which isn't helping matters. Do any of you ladies or gentlemen have any tips for a shy, socially awkward lady who's back in the game after a break of about 3 years?
Re: Back on the market...
September 23, 2012
Unfortunately I'm the worst person in the world to be giving dating advice, so I just wanted to say I'm happy for you that you broke free of the situation and are able to move on and get your life back! smiling smiley :partay
September 24, 2012
Go do fun stuff you would want to do anyway. Try a new bar, take up a new hobby or start a new exercise program. Find a cause you want to volunteer with. You may or may not meet like-minded people for romance but will probably make new friends. There is also online dating, which is often made fun of but saves a ton of time in weeding out deal breakers like Duhs. My best advice is don't think of the dating process as a man-hunt but use it as a chance to do lots of fun stuff you want to do anyway.
September 28, 2012
evilchildlessbitch
Go do fun stuff you would want to do anyway. Try a new bar, take up a new hobby or start a new exercise program. Find a cause you want to volunteer with. You may or may not meet like-minded people for romance but will probably make new friends. There is also online dating, which is often made fun of but saves a ton of time in weeding out deal breakers like Duhs. My best advice is don't think of the dating process as a man-hunt but use it as a chance to do lots of fun stuff you want to do anyway.

This is excellent advice. Volunteer work especially. The nice grandma you bring a Meals on Wheels meal to might start scheming to introduce you to her great-nephew (this is not THE reason to do volunteer work of course but it helps to be mingling out in society).

..........................................................................................................................................................
Established tiling methods are for unlambent nonbreathers filled with tiny rage.--CrabCake
September 28, 2012
I completely agree, this is the time to be YOU! in all your glory. There really is nothing like FREEDOM. So enjoy it while it lasts because I am sure you will be snapped up again by a guy who's smart enough to appreciate you.

Being in a relationship is great but can be somewhat confining.

Dating is a fact-finding mission. The trip is the point. Just HAVE FUN. Enjoy your single life for now and do what you want to do.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login