Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Halloween costumes

Posted by Feh 
Halloween costumes
October 25, 2006
Anyone got any good Halloween costume ideas, cause I don't...and I have to go to two parties! I don't want to wear any of my pre-existing costumes, becuase everyone's seen them...
Ack!

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Anonymous User
Re: Halloween costumes
October 26, 2006
ZOMBIE! That's one of my favorites. It can be your theme - people will expect you to be dressed as a zombie, but they'll know each time you'll be a different one [arm missing, brain showing, varying degrees of decomposition…]. You can even be a pregnant zombie, and have a dead baby dragging behind you, still connected to the umbilical cord.

Others: Elvira - Mistress of the Dark, Baby Jane Hudson, Crazy Homeless Lady, Bloody Bride.
October 26, 2006
i only ever go as a vampire (an overweight one) i have the fangs, real ones.

but a zombie gets my vote. i love those zombie films

http://www.makezine.com/blog/archive/2006/10/how_to_make_a_z.html?CMP=OTC-0D6B48984890

http://www.365halloween.com/halloween-costumes/zombie-costume.php

Zombie cheerleaders, zombie hillbillies, zombie housewives, zombie doctors, Starbucks zombies, and more..

http://www.zombiepinups.com/gallery/index.php (not suitable for work)

http://the-zombie-blog.blogspot.com/

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Anonymous User
October 26, 2006
I've liked all things zombie since I was a kid. I can't even count how many movies I've seen. I'm currently reading "The Walking Dead" - a fantastic comic book series with A+ artwork, characters and story. I've also just finished Max Brooks' "Zombie Survival Guide" and am looking to get "World War Z" [which is going to be made into a movie produced by Brangelina]. A zombie costume would be easy to make, even without a lot of time.

Merc, do you have trouble with your fangs when you're talking? Have you ever accidentally punctured yourself while having a good conversation because you've forgotten you're wearing them?
Anonymous User
October 26, 2006
The USA Today had an article regarding overtly sexual costumes for women who did not want to be "good girls" for the day. One mother bleated how she did not want to be a sex symbol on a day when we used to choose the scariest and ugliest costume. I did like another letter where one woman DID say how female sexuality is amplifed only on Halloween to make that part of us seem abnormal or just crude. Separating women into the "good girl" vs. the "bad girl" continues to perpetuate keeping females in line. What is bad about a woman's sexuality? OKay... 'nuff of my soapbox...:nerd
October 26, 2006
I refuse to go as a "sexy" whatever. It's a stupid costume that women who have no imagination pick so they can "pretend" to be slutty, and I call bullshit. I try to dress as something that people don't expect a woman to go as, and generally I'm covered in blood. Some of my favorite costumes though the years were...
The Red Menace - Red devil horns, red union suit under a giant CCCP hockey jersey, red gloves and a knife.
Murdered Redneck - blacked out a couple teeth, giant overalls with a pillow in the front, fake knife through the neck, lots and lots of blood
Psycho housewife - White sweater, 50's dress, rusty meat cleaver, lots and lots of blood
Princess Flower Pony - blond curly wig, pink tiara, green 70's dress, sceptre, lots of makeup and a red velvet sash that said "Princess Flower Pony"
LSD Trip - crazy metallic cape, purple velvet hat and pants, 70's print dress, swirly face make up and about 30 glow sticks
Country western singer - red white and blue cowgirl shirt with fringe and blue and red sequened stars, big beehive hairdoo, lots of bad makeup
Kurt Cobain/anyone shot in the head - I do a great forhead bullet wound, and go all out with the bloody brains in the back of my head - the secret is to chop up noodles and mash 'em in your hair real good with red manic panic and using all the different kinds of fake blood.

Hmmmmm...I'm thinking I need to be bloody this year as I didn't use any blood last year.
:kill

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
CFScorpio
October 26, 2006
Here's a really easy one my friend did: Just put on an all-black outfit, get some yellow duct tape or electrical tape, put stripes down your middle with the tape, and go as a road!

I told another friend to do it, and he embellished it even more by pinning a beanie baby to himself and said it was roadkill!
October 26, 2006
actually stephanie, they arent fake ones, the ones you put in, my teeth have normally grown into fangs, one of the reasons why i dont smile a lot, i really have proper canines that are very pronounced.

hope this works

one of my online friends came to a party and he had the fake teeth ones, the onesyou clip on, and they kept falling out, so i just smiled full fangs, and he was wow, real fangs.. and he got jealous.. so no costume needed for me.

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Anonymous User
October 27, 2006
Feh, I also wanted to be the scariest and ugliest monster when I did the Halloween thing. I had a friend in grade school whose mom always bought her a bride costume for Halloween.

Tracy was really a nice friend. I felt bad for her that her mother would not allow her to be something scary for trick-or-treat. I look back now and believe that the girl was being brainwashed by her moo to accept her "female lot" in life as a wife and mombie.

Great pic, Mercurior. Love the teeth! If any brats bug you on Halloween, just....smile! smiling smiley
October 30, 2006
yes its funny, i saw 3 people getting ready for a vampire party as i was coming home, and they had so much trouble with their fake teeth. i just had to smile and say to myself, at least i dont have that problem wink...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login