Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

i amd faust are famous

Posted by mercurior 1 
mercurior 1
i amd faust are famous
October 29, 2006
FANS FLOCK ALL THE WAY FROM TEXAS FOR TOY SHOW M IDDLE-aged men, tattoos and an internet love story – welcome to the weird and wacky world of My Little Pony.
If you thought the enduringly popular children’s toy was only loved by young girls, then think again.

The My Little Pony Convention held at Birmingham’s Britannia Hotel yesterday was attended by few kids – but hundreds of grown-up men and women.

Texas-born Rowan Corbin flew thousands of miles across the Atlantic just for the event.

The American is such a huge fan of the 1980s Hasbro toy that she has a My Little Pony tattooed on her arm.

“I started collecting My Little Ponies as a little girl,” said Rowan, 30.

“We were pretty poor back then but my grandma gave me a tailless Bowtie My Little Pony.

“First generation, of course.

“I started collecting seriously in 1996 and I now have 200 of them proudly on display at home.

Expensive “I have probably spent about $2,000 (£1,054) on my collection, including $94 (£50) on the most expensive.

“That was a rare Mountain Boy Lightning Pony!” Rowan had an extra reason to attend – meeting up with her British fiancé Martin Williams, whom she met in an internet chatroom two years ago.

Martin, 33 and from St Helens, Merseyside, is not a My Little Pony fan but does collect stamps, gem stones and skulls.

“I have no problem with Rowan collecting as long as I have enough room for my own collections,” he said.

“The only thing that’s ever really spooked me is a big advertising board from McDonalds that she has above her bed. It was for a Happy Meal promotion for My Little Pony and it’s three foot high and two foot wide.

“Waking up to that was a bit of a shock!” The lovebirds were not the only wacky fans among the sea of purple and pink stalls in the cramped convention room.

Freya Pointer, 27, was running a lucky draw to raise cash for Redwings Horse Sanctuary.

Dressed as Megan, one of the only two dolls made to go with the popular pony, she looked like a little girl playing dress-up with a blonde wig and brightly coloured clothes.

“I’ve been collecting for 10 years now,” she said.

“The first My Little Pony stuff I bought in my adult life was a large job-lot of accessories. Since then, I’ve managed to find all the ponies I always wanted as a child.” And it is not just the ponies she adores.

Freya, from Norfolk, scours car boot sales for My Little Pony annuals, playsets and any other merchandise she can get her hands on – but what do her friends think of her obsession?

“They laugh at me and I laugh at myself, too,” she chuckled.

David Baker, chairman of the My Little Pony Convention, was the man to ask to make some sense of it all.

“Stamp collecting could be seen as weird,” said the married 22 year-old. “”My Little Pony is something we enjoy. It’s fun and everyone here is really friendly. We’re like a little family.” SundayMercury@mrn.co.uk
mercurior 1
Re: i amd faust are famous
October 29, 2006
this is the link

http://mlpconvention.proboards79.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1162131436&page=1
Anonymous User
October 29, 2006
How cool! Congrats!

Guys, click the link and scroll down a bit for a nice pic of Merc and Faust!
October 29, 2006
yes, they didnt mention the convention does things for charity a horse rescue place. and they do call us wacky wink

http://www.redwings.org.uk/ all the profits go to that society

we sort of overshadowed the good deeds.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Anonymous User
October 29, 2006
friendly hug

You are both so cute, Mercurior and Faust!!! smiling smiley
October 30, 2006
Whooo! Nice article, and cute picture too!
Nothing wrong with being "wacky".

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Anonymous User
October 31, 2006
Awwwww, how cute! That's a great pic of you two. smiling smiley
Anonymous User
October 31, 2006
Wow, you 2 are a picture perfect CF couple. Hobbies, interests, vacations - being able to have the time and money to invest in them, and having the ability to enjoy them with each other w/o any brats ruining it.

Congratulations, Lovebirds.
CFScorpio
October 31, 2006
Wow! Congrats!
November 01, 2006
awww shucks, thanks everyone. ::starts to blush::

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login