Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Moving to Denver...Tips? Friends? CF-friendly places?

Posted by thebitchisback 
Moving to Denver...Tips? Friends? CF-friendly places?
May 14, 2013
My partner just got a job in Denver and we'll be moving late this month. He grew up there but has been gone for quite a few years and I'm sure a lot has changed. I was just wondering if anyone had any tips about good places to rent (We're looking in the Centennial or Greenwood Willage (I think) areas), places to stay away from, CF and Transgender-friendly places (partner is MtF, not fully transitioned but looking to join the community) and if any of you other CF bitches want to get together and be our friends. We both are friendly, quiet, but somewhat outgoing and enjoy many different things. We just are shy enough that it's hard to make friends of the non-internet variety, and obviously interested in meeting fellow CFers.

Thanks for any advice!
Re: Moving to Denver...Tips? Friends? CF-friendly places?
May 15, 2013
I live in Colorado Springs, myself. About two hours south of Denver.

I have a childfree, transgender (MtF) friend who lives in Denver. If you'd like, I can put you two in contact.
May 16, 2013
I wish I had some tips to give you but I lived in Boulder for six years (an outdoorsy liberal paradise, one of the most open-minded places in the US I would say); all I can say is that congrats, you will LOVE Colorado because it is awesome, but stay urban. The fundies, right-wingers, and barrel boffers tend to rural-ize themselves, they're pretty isolationist. I guess that's true of any state.

I do know that CO has tried any number of times to get personhood bills/abortion bans passed but the bills never succeed. So there's a vocal faction of religious twunts there. True for any state, though.
May 17, 2013
HEY! DW and I are moving to the Boulder area in July or August. We'll look you up! We'd love to have some CF friends in the area.

May 18, 2013
Julie: Sure, that would be awesome smiling smiley

law: I really like the Boulder area. We thought of moving there, but it would be a little too far of a drive to DP's work. I'm sure we'll visit often though.

Nathanomir: Cool, we would love to meet you! Let me know when you get here and we can do coffee or something.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login