Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Why is it so hard to make friends

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Why is it so hard to make friends
July 24, 2013
Man, I tell ya guys, when you get in your mid30s (your marital status don't matter 2 much) and you are happily CF it is something to try to make friends with othre women who feel the same way...:bawl..I live in the Bible belt, so just imagine. Just about every woman my age and my husband probably knows at work is all about baaay-beeeees. It is so tiring. I don't wanna hear about Johnny's first time using the toilet, and I damn sure have no interest in hanging out with Southern belle wannabe moos. BORING!

I mean, I enjoy my husband's company, and he has a single, no-kids cousin about my age we hang out with sometimes, but I really...kind of need some friends. Any takers?

I live in Georgia....I was wondering if there was some sort of childfree meet-up group around me or something?

In the words of King Jong-Il, sometimes I get so ronery....sad smiley
Re: Why is it so hard to make friends
July 24, 2013
I go to meet-up type events with shared interests. Mostly I meet people in their 20s who don't have kids. Maybe they will someday, but they don't now and that's good enough for hanging out.
July 25, 2013
weirdo_animallady

In the words of King Jong-Il, sometimes I get so ronery....sad smiley
waving hellolarious

Anyway, if you ever come to Virginia, I'd hang out with you. :hello

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
"I have found little that is 'good' about human beings on the whole. In my experience most of them are trash, no matter whether they publicly subscribe to this or that ethical doctrine or to none at all."
~Sigmund Freud
July 25, 2013
Some of the factors that introduced me to non-parents were:

- being in an urban setting that was progressive
- going to mainly non-child centred events and activities ( ie bands, night clubs, politics, social justice, environmental causes, fine art, cultural events, active/ sport events, etc)
- start / join your own social group for non-parents
- being willing to make the first move with new people
- take up a new hobby that only has adults attending

Gradually, as years went by, I became much more comfortable with my own company and began to prefer it.
Now I rarely want to deal with other people and just happily do my own thing, alone, 90% of the time.
July 25, 2013
I find the more people you have in your life, the more complicated it becomes.

JD
July 27, 2013
JohnDrake
I find the more people you have in your life, the more complicated it becomes.

JD

That is so true. More people=more problems.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
"I have found little that is 'good' about human beings on the whole. In my experience most of them are trash, no matter whether they publicly subscribe to this or that ethical doctrine or to none at all."
~Sigmund Freud
Anonymous User
July 31, 2013
I'll give you a call if I will ever be in VA, peace n quiet....

Anyway, I still pray a lot for a CF buddy to show up in my life, I only hear the crickets....sad smiley
August 05, 2013
I would say try meetup.com and look for groups that don't involve kiddie activities. They have a few CF groups where I live, but I cannot imagine that those would be as common around where you live.

Don't feel bad though, even childed people sit at home being bored. Mummy clubs are not as much fun as they claim they are.

Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc'-ra-cy) - A system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety,
deserve neither liberty nor safety" ..... Ben Franklin

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants, it is the creed of slaves” ..... Paul Revere

“Sometimes the greatest evils are committed by the silence of good people” ..... Edmund Burke

So, if guns kill people, I suppose pencils misspell words, cars drive drunk, and spoons make people fat.
August 06, 2013
weirdo_animallady
Man, I tell ya guys, when you get in your mid30s (your marital status don't matter 2 much)

I think it's a lot worse if you're single. Couples only want other couples around, not singles. And wives are afraid you'll try to steal their husband - because you MUST be totally desperate, right? Even if the husband is a fugly douche you wouldn't touch even if he were the last man on Earth. eye rolling smiley
August 06, 2013
Medusa
I think it's a lot worse if you're single. Couples only want other couples around, not singles. And wives are afraid you'll try to steal their husband - because you MUST be totally desperate, right? Even if the husband is a fugly douche you wouldn't touch even if he were the last man on Earth. eye rolling smiley

Well, only for people who have a warped idea of relationships and some hypersexualized heterosexual view of the world (the kind who can't believe that platonic friendship between a man and a woman is possible). I don't have to go everywhere with my SO (even if I'm visiting a couple), and single friends get invited to dinner here, as do friends in relationships who are free to come on their own if the partner doesn't want to. I agree, some people are so wrapped up in coupledom they can't see themselves as an individual, but these are not people I would want to be friends with anyway.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login