Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Warning: The Fresh Market is now accepting EBT

Posted by jmc 
Warning: The Fresh Market is now accepting EBT
January 02, 2014
I know we've talked before how The Fresh Market was one of the few grocery stores to not accept EBT and how that seemed to limit the amount of brats in the store. Tonight I went there and the was a sign on the front doors saying they now take ebt. I don't know if this is going to be every store or just certain ones but I wanted to warn everyone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"If you can't feed your baby, then don't have a baby. And don't think maybe, if you can't feed your baby."
- The wisdom of the late Michael Jackson
"The mother of the year should be a sterilized woman with two adopted children." - Paul Ehrlich
Re: Warning: The Fresh Market is now accepting EBT
January 02, 2014
jmc
I know we've talked before how The Fresh Market was one of the few grocery stores to not accept EBT and how that seemed to limit the amount of brats in the store. Tonight I went there and the was a sign on the front doors saying they now take ebt. I don't know if this is going to be every store or just certain ones but I wanted to warn everyone.

Never been to a Fresh Market. How are the prices?

I know that the more upscale chains in this area (Harris Teeter, Lowes), don't get the number of EBT shoppers that the lower scale (Food Lion, Aldi, Walmart fer sure) chains get.

Having worked in the grocery market for 15 years, I know it has gotten to be a ruthless business. Walmart puts such a huge squeeze on the chains, moreso since they have begun building the strictly grocery stores. In fact, the bastards have the nerve to take over buildings that once housed grocers that they drove away.

Harris Teeter has been purchased by Kroger; apparently the merger was necessary to bolster both chains strength against Walmart competition in this part of the country.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login