Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

#2190 Forcing Religion Onto Others

Posted by amethusos* 
#2190 Forcing Religion Onto Others
February 27, 2007
Mrs. Ogre, we get that a lot in the States. Christians, other than fanatic Muslims, are intent on shoving their Holy Babble and their version of "God" onto other people. The born-agains are the worst! I have worked with them and they get really nasty when I have told them how I do not believe in X-tianity and am not interested. Their excuse for blatant harassment is that their bible and Jesus Christ "commissioned" others to make believers in other nations. Why can't religion be a private and personal matter? Christians always want to force their morality and their belief system onto everyone else. I can be certain of the shock if I tried to push my own beliefs onto others as it is far from the "mainstream". Usually, I find most breeders are Christian. I notice how Jewish people tend to be very quiet about their own faith. They do not seek out converts.
Re: #2190 Forcing Religion Onto Others
March 05, 2007
I like to tell conversionary religious types the truth. I was raised athiest, and upon actual study I have found most christian texts to be filled with nonsensical stories meant to control people through fear. I'd rather live my life for honesty and love, than out of fear of the unknown. If they don't run off screaming at the prospect of speaking to a person who was actually raised athiest, I go on a rant about how the only truth in the world is the human/yeti need for slack. And the only reward in life is the pleasure you get from it.
www.subgenius.com
March 06, 2007
Christians are really getting wiggy over the Jesus tombs that suggest he was a married man with a child. Bible verses are also being reinterpreted from when Christ was crucified to that effect. Jesus Christ being an ordinary man and rabbi with a wife and child who was killed for ticking off the authorities rather than being a man-god with no sexual desires who would forgive sin does make X-tianity false. What can they say now???? It still cracks grinning smiley me up how Christians are saying how this is a "smear campaign". I guess that means THEIR lives with the wives and sproggies are not worth anything if it is too nasty for Their Lord to marry, have wicked & dirty sex, and have had a family! And...this bit of Mary having Jesus without a man and being a lifelong virgin which makes the Catholic Church so nasty toward women. As Mercurior stated in a different thread, virgin births have been a part of religious lore for many cultures. tongue sticking out smiley
March 06, 2007
I do agree that x-tians getting upset about the possibility that Jesus may have had a wife and children is pretty stupid. I mean if their "quiver full of children" and "obediant wife" isn't good enough for their saviour, why do they try to shove that lifestyle up everyone's asses?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login