Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How did I forget about this delightful rant on MST3K?

Posted by kittehpeoples 
How did I forget about this delightful rant on MST3K?
June 28, 2023
If you haven't seen Mystery Science Theater 3000, it's ostensibly about a man stranded in space with only robots for company as part of an evil science experiment to break his will. In reality it's about making fun of terrible movies. I've been rewatching some old episodes, and just stumbled across one where one of the robots is pretending to be pregnant because he wants a baby shower and attention. After he gives them a "list of demands" and he's confronted with the fact that he can't possibly be pregnant, he goes on a stellar rant:

Crow T. Robot
That means I don't get a big free ride. "Oh, my ankles are swollen. My back hurts. Carry me, I'm pregnant. Carry me!" Well, I want a cut of the action too, damn it! Yeah, well who wouldn't want to be pregnant, huh? Who wouldn't want to be a big load on the rest of the world? Hey everybody, I'm queen of the world because I'm pregnant! Then the whole world is supposed to bend over and smooch your ever widening ass!

Really makes me wonder which one of the writers was working something out, there.
Re: How did I forget about this delightful rant on MST3K?
July 08, 2023
MST3K used to be one of my favorite shows! I used to watch it all the time like 30 years ago. So funny!

I feel like it was more acceptable to say things like this back in the day. You know how the torches and pitchforks would be out over someone saying this on a TV show today.
July 19, 2023
The old shows are gold. I haven't seen much of the SyFy era stuff, and none of the new ones. But the old ones are definite favorites.
August 08, 2023
Could have been Mike. He and Bridget have 2 sons about the right age and Bridget was also a writer on the show.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login