Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Co-irker from hell

Posted by Ketchup 
Ketchup
Co-irker from hell
January 05, 2008
Have any of you ever had to work with someone who loudly talks on the phone all day to her GUURLFRENZ yet no one else seems to mind this behavior? She spends about 3/4 of the day making personal calls, and I guess has cozied up to our boss to the point that she will never get fired. Also, I work for the Gubmint so I can't say anything because OMG I might be acting discriminatory and get sued because I haven't embraced people with different lifestyles or something.

If you can relate to this, how have you dealt with this kind of situation? It really sucks.
Anonymous User
Re: Co-irker from hell
January 06, 2008
I used to work for County Legal Aid. We provided free paralegal services for low- income (read: dolies) people.

They used to hire welfare ho's to help out with the filing and crap. These losers wouldn't do a damned thing all day, but the first thing they wanted to know is if their "work" would affect their bennies.

It was hell. I quit just before two preggos were about to go on pig leave.
January 07, 2008
In security, I dealt with this crap all of the time from other female guards. I hate to say it but I hated being on duty with another woman. Usually, the worst offenders were the single moos. Hell, one of these dames was yakking on her cell or the phone in the security supervisor's office with some asshole team leader in the call center she was flirting with. Working with a guy has usually been a lot easier. A male guard will do his job and leave me alone...and not be on the fucking phone where the facilities manager can see it. The FM is the person who decides on whether to renew the account. Last I heard, the useless company I worked for no longer has the Sprint PCS account. Serves them right for being so cheap that only single moos started applying and gave us all hassles.
January 07, 2008
there is a lot of difference tween men and single moo's. men have to prove themselves, while a lot of single moos expect everything given to them. and quite frequently they get it given to them.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Ketchup
January 07, 2008
I am female, but I really have a hard time working with women. They tend to be nosy, with negative attitudes, and try to get everyone else involved in their stupid personal dramas. I hate having to overhear conversations about Baby Momma Drama, how someone's going to get knocked up right after marriage so they "don't hafta work no more", or how they bought ten pairs of "CYOOOT" shoes over the weekend because OMG Macy's had a sale and well shopping's my favorite hobby because "I'm just a GUURRL and that's what GUURLZ do!"

Sorry if that sounds horribly misogynist, but I have worked many places in my life and this seems to be the trend in an office full of women and no guys. I get told things like "You're too quiet!" and I know people probably think I'm weird because I have said I don't want kids. Why the hell can't people (mostly women) just STFU, be nice to each other without getting in each other's business, and leave people alone who just want to work??

Thanks for letting me rant!
January 07, 2008
This is a little off track, but I have seen a small company ( my good friend works there) where owner's daughter came in whenever she pleased, worked how ever long she wanted and did whatever she wanted. Owner's son, on the other hand, had to bust ass from open to close and had do adhere to schedule. Some double standard there.

Also, in this same company, when one of female employees got preggo, she shortly after was let go. Fair enough - small company could not afford her. Now, when owner told his daughter to start helping out with business a little more, she got preggo shortly after - for the 2nd time in 3 years. She did it so she could continue having the lifestyle she wants and continue to come to work as she pleases.

two faces puking
January 08, 2008
Ketchup, the "we're girls" story reminds me of a place I temped eons ago in 1997. A little cutie was in the office behind me. Another little cutie and her would go shopping all of the time. Cutie #1 went on one day telling Cutie #2 how it will be so neat to "be like girls again (like teens)". I was like barf out...you both are adults; act like grown-ups. two faces puking I do not know how the older woman, the receptionist I was temping for while she was on vacation, dealt with it. In that company, a female had to be young and have her nipples show through their shirts to get anywhere. I've been told I was "too quiet" as well. When I was gave notice at my security job in Orlando when I was leaving my husband, one female guard wanted to know why as she heard I was "leaving that fool behind". My boss, a male, made it clear that there was no gossip on his end. Co-worker said, "You can tell me...I tell you all of my shit."
Matush
February 28, 2008
I was at a focus group and I was trying to take notes for my report but the clients, two women one of whom was in pig, were yacking away about total nonsense which made it very difficult to hear what was going on. I was on my way back from the bathroom and saw that one of them wasn't even taking notes. She was looking at baby clothes websites.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login