Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Republicans: The gift that keeps regifting

Posted by craftyzits 
Republicans: The gift that keeps regifting
August 24, 2012
This is so fucked up there are now words to describe just how fucked up it is.

We’re now a week into forcible rape-gate and the issue of Republican mullahs males totally alienating all female voters is in full swing. Rep. Akin (R-MO) really got the ball rolling when he very publicly articulated that the Republican establishment’s attitude toward rape is just slightly ahead of the Taliban but behind Saudi Arabia, but now it seems that the flood gates have been opened and the inane clown posse is serving all the bat shit with a side of pink slime it can to its ignorant base. Let’s face it, here: Republicans are to science and anatomy what excess body fat is to elite athletes.

But this is not a new position by radical anti-choicers. Last year, Chuck Winder (-ID) sponsored his state’s “Double Ultrasound Bill,” which would have required women to have an ultrasound before they can access any abortion services. This lovely Adonis suggested that women should ask their doctors to know if they'd "really" been raped.

“Rape and incest was used as a reason to oppose this. I would hope that when a woman goes in to a physician with a rape issue, that physician will indeed ask her about perhaps her marriage, was this pregnancy caused by normal relations in a marriage or was it truly caused by a rape. I assume that’s part of the counseling that goes on.” (Veracity Stew)

Having to define rape to these stupid man-children is like trying to explain why putting your hand on a burning stove may not be such a good idea. Rape is forcible penetrate of another person (as in without their permission), which is pretty unambiguous and self-explanatory. Believe it or not, it’s really not like parking in somebody else’s parking space without consulting with them. But stay classy and thoughtful, GOP

Should Republican efforts to redefine rape really shock us? Not really since it is now part of their official party platform.two faces puking

Maybe we can arrange a demonstration with the toilet's plunger? Wanna make it a

:partay

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Re: Republicans: The gift that keeps regifting
August 24, 2012
In 1912 the progressive party started to push for the women's suffrage amendment. And in 2012 the republican party is pushing to end women's rights. Way to go you assholes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I walk the path of life to my own rhythm, my own beat-if you don't like it, step off and find your own damn song!
August 25, 2012
Another thing that boggles the mind is that there are female Republicans. With the party's assault on women's rights, why would any women support this group?
August 25, 2012
dreamlife
Another thing that boggles the mind is that there are female Republicans. With the party's assault on women's rights, why would any women support this group?

I am a female Republican.

I am also pro-choice, pro-guns,pro-death penalty and pro-military.
August 25, 2012
chevygirl54
dreamlife

female Republican here. Pro-gun, pro-death penalty, pro-women's rights.
August 25, 2012
zatoth
chevygirl54
dreamlife

Great minds think alike.
August 25, 2012
I lean Republican on fiscal issues, but not in general on social issues—provided, that is, that people don't look to the rest of us to bail them out of their bad choices or bad lifestyle decisions.

It's hard to understand what the Republican party is thinking in letting idiots such as Rick Santorum, Todd Akin, and this joker from Idiotho to spout nonsense guaranteed to piss off women voters.
August 25, 2012
With the Repuke party, the inmates are running the asylum. They have completely taken over and have drowned out any hint of rational thought.
August 25, 2012
kman
I lean Republican on fiscal issues, but not in general on social issues—provided, that is, that people don't look to the rest of us to bail them out of their bad choices or bad lifestyle decisions.

It's hard to understand what the Republican party is thinking in letting idiots such as Rick Santorum, Todd Akin, and this joker from Idiotho to spout nonsense guaranteed to piss off women voters.

I agree. I don't understand the mindset here, why would you want to piss off women voters? It's people like the that make me embarrassed to be a Republican.
August 25, 2012
chevygirl54
kman

I agree. I don't understand the mindset here, why would you want to piss off women voters? It's people like the that make me embarrassed to be a Republican.

Have you thought about going Independent?
August 25, 2012
toomanybrats
chevygirl54
kman

Have you thought about going Independent?

I actually have, yes, and I will probably do so before the next election.
August 25, 2012
I'm old enough to have begun voting (1972) as a Rockefeller Republican. "Liberal/moderate Republican" wasn't an oxymoron; it was a strong current in the party. Just in my area I had Nelson Rockefeller, Lowell Weicker, and Jacob Javitz to prove that a socially liberal and fiscally conservative philosophy could exist in the same person.

So where am I now? For the past thirty years I've been a registered Independent, almost always voting Democratic. Don't be afraid to change to the Independents. You won't be betraying your principles; the new GOP has already done that for you.
Anonymous User
August 25, 2012
kman

I think that the Republican establishment is doing it as a way to weaken the Tea Party. Divide and conquer by driving women away from the movement with the strong anti-woman agenda. The Tea Party is a very organized grass roots movement with significant numbers and anti-government leanings. By redirecting the movement to be anti-woman instead of anti-government, the government wins.
August 26, 2012
The Republican party has become the extreme right organ of certain Christian elements of this country. These Christians include the quivering movements who literally believe no woman should do anything but raise and bare children, the Evangelists, who believe in the bible who have views that will also make you shudder.
August 26, 2012
craftyzits
The Republican party has become the extreme right organ of certain Christian elements of this country. These Christians include the quivering movements who literally believe no woman should do anything but raise and bare children, the Evangelists, who believe in the bible who have views that will also make you shudder.

Also has to do with Corporatists and Fascists who see the citizenry as nothing more than workers to be exploited and producers of future exploitees and soldiery.

They'll manipulate the superstitious with religion for these aims, also.

Be on the lookout for that.
August 28, 2012
chevygirl54
dreamlife

Mainly because what we see today are not Republicans. Repubs are fiscally conservative. I have not seen that in eons.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
I'm watching the RNC right now. Listening to all this fuckery is making my head spin. I need a drink in front of me so I won't punch my TV. What liars and hypocrites!
August 28, 2012
chevygirl54

zatoath

Me too to all of the above.
August 29, 2012
Zzelda
craftyzits

Also has to do with Corporatists and Fascists who see the citizenry as nothing more than workers to be exploited and producers of future exploitees and soldiery.

These things are absolutely both true. The Republican party has long been infiltrated by fundamentalists and greedy big business types. All they care about is money and control. I spent plenty of time on the inside of the Fundamentalist church. I can tell you right now that they see women as objects and no one can tell me otherwise. I've seen it over and over firsthand. That's why they're "pro-life" and how they can justify being "pro-life" because your feelings as a woman are completely irrelevant.

And with large businesses pandering to buy politicians so they can get subsidies and tax breaks and then farming out the jobs overseas (therefore selling out whatever it is that makes them American businesses - they don't hire Americans and they don't pay taxes here), it's really quite baffling to me why anyone would vote for this party.
BabyFishMouth
August 30, 2012
kman

Me, too. Exactly.

Who's in the media representing all the moderate Republicans? You know, the ones with any common sense? The socially liberaly but fiscally conservatives ones? Gay marriage --- is that REALLY an issue we should give two craps about?

Ugh. Too many far-right and far-left idiots getting press.
August 30, 2012
BabyFishMouth
Who's in the media representing all the moderate Republicans? You know, the ones with any common sense? The socially liberal but fiscally conservatives ones? Gay marriage --- is that REALLY an issue we should give two craps about?

Ugh. Too many far-right and far-left idiots getting press.

Well, yes, but in a sense that it shouldn't be anything to get all fuzzed about. It's time has come. Quit fighting over it, allow it to be done and move on.

The social liberal/fiscal conservatives need their own party, IMO. And I bet it would be a winning prospect. Promise folks that you'll stay out of their pockets and their personal lives and you'll get a hell of a lot of votes.
August 31, 2012
I was in the 'smoking lounge' here earlier today, I was watching the mid day news. Also reading stuff on laptop and at one point put the TV sound off.

I got up to get some Pepsi and when I turned to go back to this side of the room - I saw on TV Clint Eastwood at the RNC. I knew what this was from previews but some other part of my mind was thinking - OMFG! it's Phyllis Diller come up from the grave!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login