Just plain hate.

Posted by catharsist 
Re: Just plain hate.
October 19, 2012
Snark Shark
"'Christianese."

:eyebrows

whazzat?? a Chinese christian? bouncing and laughing

"Well, home, we can go pretty much any place you want-what are you in the mood for? Greek? Thai? Sushi? Christianese?"
Anonymous User
October 19, 2012
zatoth

i hate fan fiction. there were some in a metalocalypse forum doing that and it was pretty dreadful. but mainly, i hate fan fiction because you are taking someone else's creation and using it (I am talking to you, too, current James Bond authors). make up your own damn characters!

The way I look at fic is, I'm not "using" it if I give credit where credit's due and I'm not making money off of it. (I haven't made a dime off of my stories.) I think of fic as a way to interact with and expand upon a particular universe (kind of like watching a serial television show or playing a video game, only *slightly* more pro-active) without budgetary constraints. I write the movies I see in my head. I pick up a what-if? and run like hell. The more over-the-top and epic, the better. I don't do angst. I don't do slash, I don't do "Mary-Sue." Yes, there's plenty of crap fic out there (E.L. James, honey, I'm looking at you, you useless, plagiarizing, misogynistic heap of shit), but mine isn't it.

And I've written my own damn characters and my own damn worlds, too.

(Sorry, zatoth, that just hit a nerve.)
Anonymous User
October 19, 2012
Tom, I am sure you have met the following:
-Those who assume all male nurses are homosexual (and that aforesaid homosexual male nurses all fancy them)
-Those who deliberately flop around like beached whales risking the backs of the healthcare staff trying to care for them.
-Those who assume healthcare staff are their personal slaves,there to cater to their every whim.
-Those who borrow your only pen & run off with it.

BAH HUMBUG.
October 19, 2012
zatoth
what exactly is a "chibi"? it sounds like some kind of oriental demon.
Chibis are a super deformed style of Japanese manga, often drawn with big heads, small chubby bodies and stubby limbs. They look quite like children (even having a child's face) and are often meant to be 'cute.' My problem with them comes everybody seems to like to draw them on DeviantArt, sometimes there will be tons of chibi Batman, Harry Potter, Transformers, etc. on a page. I don't mind chibis if they are drawn well, but 80% of the time they are drawn by American teenagers who manage to make them look stupid.
October 19, 2012
Nemo
zatoth

i hate fan fiction. there were some in a metalocalypse forum doing that and it was pretty dreadful. but mainly, i hate fan fiction because you are taking someone else's creation and using it (I am talking to you, too, current James Bond authors). make up your own damn characters!

The way I look at fic is, I'm not "using" it if I give credit where credit's due and I'm not making money off of it. (I haven't made a dime off of my stories.) I think of fic as a way to interact with and expand upon a particular universe (kind of like watching a serial television show or playing a video game, only *slightly* more pro-active) without budgetary constraints. I write the movies I see in my head. I pick up a what-if? and run like hell. The more over-the-top and epic, the better. I don't do angst. I don't do slash, I don't do "Mary-Sue." Yes, there's plenty of crap fic out there (E.L. James, honey, I'm looking at you, you useless, plagiarizing, misogynistic heap of shit), but mine isn't it.

And I've written my own damn characters and my own damn worlds, too.

(Sorry, zatoth, that just hit a nerve.)

I've read some fan fiction that made me say "I wish they had been writing for the show, this is better than the tv version!" And there was one particular series that ended too early, with a very poor resolution. I was very grateful for the alternate universe creations of the fan writers.

If you enjoy writing fic, Nemo, please keep at it. There are people who appreciate the effort.
October 19, 2012
I've also written fanfiction, I was well into my twenties, too. I used to think only pathetic people did that, but I just thought . . . what if this happened with these two characters . . . I ended up being kind of popular with fans of a very unorthodox and non-canon character pairing and mostly, it was an incredible way for me to relieve the stress I was going through at the time.

And Elizabeth Swann and Captain Barbossa WOULD have been a hot couple.
October 20, 2012
Acne. I LOATHE it. I am 25 not 15 goddammit! Yeah, I know it may a stupid thing to bitch about, but it really pisses me off and makes me feel like everyone is looking at it. I HATE fighting pimples! It seems like when I get rid of one, another one pops up to take it's place! GRRRRRRR!

I HATE that shit. HATE it. I break out at the worst times too. Fuck. That. Shit.
October 20, 2012
Several of my hated pet peeves have already been mentioned, but here's my short list:

Things I Hate

1)When an ambulance is rushing by at 60 MPH on a four lane highway going South, obviously going STRAIGHT to the hospital exit which is CLEARLY marked on both sides. Then, everybody on the North bound side of the highway is going in the opposite direction, therefore having no chance of coming into contact anywhere near the ambulance unless he up and decided to jump the 20 foot median for no apparent reason, just stops or pull off on the side of the road. That, and when people hear a siren in the distance they just STOP in the middle of the road. The hill billies around here do that on a regular basis.

2)Double dippers. That is when they take a chip or cracker and dip it into a communal sauce, eat it, and dip the partially eaten chip BACK into the sauce with their slobber on it.

3)Any time anyone slurps, smacks, licks, sucks, or makes "ping 'noises with their eating utensils, or otherwise makes unnecessary noises while eating or drinking

4)Any time someone comes up behind me and jabs me in the ribs, gets right up in my ear and yelps out anything, or otherwise purposely startles me

5)Senior discount Wednesday day at Kroger when it coincides on or near the First of the month

6)When a loved one dies of a heart attack or cancer and someone's first response is, "Did he smoke?" OR someone is killed in a car accident and they ask, "Were they drinking?" or otherwise "at fault"

7) Habitually tardy people

8)When someone calls ME and then puts me on hold, or WORSE, I hang up when they do it and they call back and scold me, "I came right back and you were gone!" That goes double when they do it on my business phone. Worse than all that though is when I DO wait and they come BACK on the phone and ask, "who's calling"? or, "May I help you?". They will ALWAYS be met with a curt, "YOU called ME, what did YOU want and who are YOU?" Occasionally and especially if they are repeat offenders I will respond, "Yes you CAN help me! You can stop calling my business phone and tying it up by putting me on hold! Now, HOW can I help YOU?"

9)When someone calls me and then proceeds to carry on a conversation with someone else in the room or on another phone AND without warning

10)When someone asks me, "Did you see...." and it's relating to a reality TV show or some other show I don't watch and I say, "No I don't watch any such nonsense as that, never have!" AND then they go on to tell me all about it, discuss the merits of it, or otherwise try and force me to be interested in it when I have made it VERY CLEAR I am not and won't EVER be.

11)When at a family or other group gathering I comment how good something is and then the cook goes on and on and on and on about the ingredients, how it was prepared, where they got the recipe, etc.....Suddenly I am wishing I hadn't even tried it let alone said anything about it

12)Unsolicited advice, especially medical in nature. Do they not think I haven't explored all avenues for my OWN medical problem? I'd take off a doctor recommended neck brace or other similar device for an hour or two before I'd bring on unsolicited medical advice in a group setting I loathe it so much. I have an aunt who will put her oxygen tank and mask in a bag in order to avoid these medical advisers they are SO AWFUL in our extended famblee and she is a nurse and her husband a doctor.

13)When people try to "sneak" certain foods in on me when I have made it known I don't eat them, for whatever reason. The worst offenders are the deer meat eaters. They like to see if they can trick you into complimenting a Venison dish and then go on to tell you how, "If it's cooked right, you won't know the difference!". Well, if human flesh was cooked right, I probably won't know that either, but I STILL don't want to knowingly eat it! They seem to think if you can't taste it, then that equals you LIKE it, even if it's a food you DO like but don't eat because it upsets your stomach like beans, onions, peppers, etc......

14)I can NOT tolerate it when people pick at my clothes, like to pluck off a cat hair or point out a small hole with their fingers. It makes me feel like a fucking monkey at the zoo.

15)I'd rather people not say ANYTHING AT ALL than to say, "If there's ANYTHING I can do, just let me know". If they REALLY wanted to help a recent widow, for instance, then they'd just DO it. They'd come over and cut her grass, drop off a bag of groceries, or otherwise just DO something. People think when they say that it absolves them from doing anything. Do they REALLY expect the widow to call them and take them up on their offer? No, they don't, which is why I loathe that worthless expression so much! Stop pretending you care AND WANT TO HELP if you don't and have no intent on doing anything.

16)When someone dies and people say, "They're better off" or, "It was for the best". Perhaps that's true, but they are speaking to a surviving mourner who is in no position to appreciate their vast wisdom at the moment. I really wish people could just learn to say, "I am sorry" and then drop off their casserole and STFU. They could also FOREVER leave off, "I am sorry for your loss" and I'd be a happier person.

17)People who hold up the line at convenience stores scratching off Lotto tickets and purchasing more each time they "win" a free ticket need to burn in hell

18)I despise tailgaters and the only ones I hate more are the ones who do it at night with their bright lights on when you're on a long and winding country road and there's NO escape

19)I detest people who blow their car horns to get another driver's attention in order to wave at them or bellow out across traffic, "HEY!"

20)I hate it when people eat everything on their plates at a restaurant except the fucking marrow in the rib bones, tell the waiter everything is wonderful, and then complain at the register in order to get a meal discount

21)I loathe "pretend dieters" with a passion, especially if they weigh 300 pounds and are always spouting the merits of their latest "diet". I especially hate the ones who order a "just a salad", that has 8oz of meat, croutons, cheese, and eggs, with 5 bowls of blue cheese dressing, and a Diet Coke. Then they proceed to tell everyone at the table who ordered a MUCH LESS FATTENING steak and baked potato how they are cutting calories or otherwise are superior in their alleged healthy meal choices. That, and the ones who are duped into believing "fat free" and "sugar free" means no calories when they'd be better off eating REGULAR food, calorie wise.

22)People who eat while they shop and/or bring empty cartons or bags to the register. A grown up should be able to wait until he gets home to eat, eat BEFORE he shops, or if he has Diabetes to carry a pack of crackers or juice OF HIS OWN. Worse are the ones who pick at fruit or vegetables while they shop as if that doesn't "count"

23)I hate it when people scold me for not calling or coming by, when I am there THEN. My pat answer has become, "Well, I am calling NOW! Do you want to scold me in the limited time I have to visit OR would you like to talk to me about something?" My Mother in Law has such an awful habit of this I have actually resorted to some rather RUDE retorts, but they still haven't stopped it. For instance, one time she started up with, "Hello stranger! You NEVER come to see me!" bullshit and I asked, "When WAS the last time I came by", to which she replied, "Two weeks ago", and then when I said, "Really? It SEEMS like it was JUST yesterday!", but it went over her head. This of course leads me to believe that commonly spouted bullshit is a favorite among people with a low mentality and not much can be done to thwart it.

24)I hate it when people pout or get their peewins hurt for ridiculous reasons

25)I hate it when someone can NOT be thanked enough and when they solicit thank yous, especially aggressively and repeatedly. ANOTHER habit of my mother in law. Ironically, although she DEMANDS extreme thankfulness for the slightest of things such as sending me a small bag of tomatoes or cucumbers, she RARELY if ever acknowledges anything given to or done for her, even if it's quite a big thing. For example, one time after I had just gotten home from the hospital after having had surgery, she had dropped off a pot of soup while I was asleep, at night. The very next morning at 8AM she was calling to solicit a thank you, even though I hadn't even been aware she had dropped anything off yet because she had awakened me to get her fucking, "Thank you". I was in pain so it wasn't much of a stretch for me to be rude and say, "WHEN I wake up and get the chance to even go LOOK, I would have called and thanked you!".

Then, being the Moo-Martyr she is, she said, "I JUST wanted to make sure you got it!" to which I replied, "How would I have NOT gotten it? You brought it to the door and handed it to your son, didn't you?". Of course that hurt her peewins. Then, the following summer when her father was in hospice and she was at the hospital quite a bit, I bought her what amounted to an entire week's worth of groceries AND prepared food for about 2-3 days of meals. She NEVER even acknowledged it, not once. I don't guess she "got it" or perhaps she didn't notice her are cupboards and refrigerator were filled when she got home. A few weeks later she says, "Oh, all your dishes are there on the counter", so I suppose she DID receive the food, but still no thanks. FUCK that shit. I'd burn in hell before I had to BEG for a thank you and UNLIKE HER, that's not why I give things to people and I don't REQUIRE someone to thank me profusely each and every time I do the least little thing.

She does the same thing with Christmas and birthday gifts too, wanting repeated praise but NEVER thanking anyone for what SHE gets. I could fill a book with "things I hate" JUST that she does or doesn't do. cutting a smiley with a chainsawfuck

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
October 20, 2012
I forgot about the 'Eat and Shop' folks, those are another thing that I hate. No it is rare to see adults do this, often I see moos opening bags and packages and letting the kids eat from them. It's very annoying, and often the first thought in my head is, "Couldn't they have waited until they actually bought the stuff?" angry smiley
October 20, 2012
1) Leafblowers!

I hate the damn things so much. I don't get the point. You're just blowing crap off of the sidewalk that the wind is going to blow back up onto the sidewalk later anyway. What the hell happened to using rakes?? Plus they're obnoxiously noisy and just plain piss me off.

2) I hate it when I order something off of the menu at a restaurant and when the meal arrives there is stuff on it that was not stated in the menu description. For example, I recently ordered a veggie sandwich from a restaurant asking them to leave off the mayo and cheese. When I received it, the bread had been grilled in butter and was super greasy. The menu said nothing about the bread being grilled so I didn't even think about it. Also, I avoid cheese and I've learned to always request NO CHEESE on salads, even if it's not stated as having cheese on the menu because I guess kitchen staff think throwing a handful of shredded cheddar on the salad is just a "garnish". :eyebrows

3) People who don't use turn signals. Is it that fucking hard to push the little lever thing down before turning? I think this one is a Texas thing. Oh, and Texas drivers. They are the WORST I've encountered, anywhere.
October 20, 2012
Ketchup
1) Leafblowers!

I hate the damn things so much. I don't get the point. You're just blowing crap off of the sidewalk that the wind is going to blow back up onto the sidewalk later anyway. What the hell happened to using rakes?? Plus they're obnoxiously noisy and just plain piss me off.

Try raking a 200 ft long gravel driveway tongue sticking out smiley

Ours has a reverse - leaves can be sucked through the device, mulched and blown into an attached bag. Good for the garden. But the futility of blowing leaves? Author Bill Bryson wrote about watching a guy trying to blow every last leaf into a pile. One leaf decided to buck the roundup and kept dancing out of the way. While the leaf blower was chasing it down the block, the other leaves that had been piled took it upon themselves to scupper off in different directions grinning smiley
October 20, 2012
Ketchup
2) I hate it when I order something off of the menu at a restaurant and when the meal arrives there is stuff on it that was not stated in the menu description. For example, I recently ordered a veggie sandwich from a restaurant asking them to leave off the mayo and cheese. When I received it, the bread had been grilled in butter and was super greasy. The menu said nothing about the bread being grilled so I didn't even think about it. Also, I avoid cheese and I've learned to always request NO CHEESE on salads, even if it's not stated as having cheese on the menu because I guess kitchen staff think throwing a handful of shredded cheddar on the salad is just a "garnish". :eyebrows

I hate this, too. If it is something I don't want I'll sometimes eat it anyway, but if it is something I'm sensitive to I have to pick it out, which is rather difficult to do politely. If it is just small garnish like parsley I can see not mentioning it, but sometimes it is a main ingredient which isn't mentioned, and it's not even an ingredient I would have expected to find in that dish.
October 20, 2012
Dorisan

Ah, in that case I can see the usefulness of leafblowers. There's a nearby wealthy neighborhood that I like to take walks through, and I often see these guys with the leafblowers strapped to them, just standing around blowing what amounts to a few leaves here and there off of the narrow sidewalk. I suspect this is done to keep up appearances rather than to serve a functional purpose (so says the cynic in me).
October 20, 2012
Ketchup
Dorisan

Ah, in that case I can see the usefulness of leafblowers. There's a nearby wealthy neighborhood that I like to take walks through, and I often see these guys with the leafblowers strapped to them, just standing around blowing what amounts to a few leaves here and there off of the narrow sidewalk. I suspect this is done to keep up appearances rather than to serve a functional purpose (so says the cynic in me).

Or it's just guys and their Tim Allen, "more power!" attitude when it comes to tools. Take an average guy and give him a task. Sure as eggs, he'd rather perform it with a complicated, multi-gadget power tool than something simple smile rolling left righteyes2
October 20, 2012
Public whistlers and hummers that go on for minutes at a stretch. Just stop it, already.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
October 20, 2012
Miss_Hannigan
Public whistlers and hummers that go on for minutes at a stretch. Just stop it, already.

Don't forget the singers! Who are usually singing something like a religious song or something schmaltzy and yowly line a Celine Dion song.

Or, they sing along with the crappy music in stores.

Yeah - it's bad enough I have to listen to *that*. Please do not sing along with it.

One example comes to mind, which also enlightened me as to how stupid most people are. I was in the grocery store, in the dairy area. This store at the time had all sorts of flags and stickers adorning the shelves. One of them was for "Activia" yogurt. This cow turns the corner of that aisle - sees the advertising flag for this yogurt - and starts belting out the commercial jingle ACT TIV EEEE AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!

Oh. My. GAWD.

:kill
October 20, 2012
Reality TV.

I HATE IT!

All this SHIT that infects the airwaves WILL be the downfall of western civilization.
October 20, 2012
toomanybrats
Reality TV.

I HATE IT!

All this SHIT that infects the airwaves WILL be the downfall of western civilization.

So true. We gave up on even having a satellite dish because the channels we did want to watch - A&E, NatGeo, TLC, Discovery - all began to go the Breeder route or to reality shows. The excuse has become that reality shows are cheaper to make, but I can't believe that all the people who favored educational channels stayed on after they downgraded to being reality show channels.
October 21, 2012
When men blow horns and scream out of car windows at women on the street. I've seen them do this to fully clothed women. They are not "appreciating your beauty" or whatever drivel they spout when confronted because nine times out of ten, the cars on the highway are going too fast to see and study your face. Their pea sized brains just have to let you know that they know you are female. :eyeroll: They know full well they are not going to get a date like that...it is just pointless harassment. It kind of reminds me of the time that Juliewasher was living in the townhome hood and there was this dude cruising around at night blasting his horn. She went out and said something to him and he said something ghetto and drove off. They are worse than small children making noise with their toys on Christmas morning. A horn is to be used for emergencies and shit like that....it is not a toy for adults.
October 21, 2012
toomanybrats
Reality TV.

I HATE IT!

And to think that Neil Postman posited something similar long before reality TV started.
October 21, 2012
@Ketchup: ditto on shitty Texan drivers. The one who struck me as I was biking came too late to the left turn while I had right of way. angry smiley

Regarding men who yell at women on the street: that shit happens all the time where I live, especially in the ghetto part of town. Quit fucking honking at me while I'm walking to the store or waiting for a bus. I don't want what's in your pants, dickhead. The honking and whistling and "EEEEYYY GURL" are not compliments.

Same idea regarding teen brats who yell at passerby and think it's so hilarious. "HEY THERE HUUURDY DURRR LOLZ YOLO." Get fucked, I bet your mothers conceived you while face down in the gutter.

I hate riding the bus more than ever. One fucker started pawing at my hair and another pretended to fall asleep so he could lay his head on my shoulder. Hair dude got scolded; sleeper got fucking elbowed in the temple. In both cases I got up and situated myself nearer to the bus driver. I don't care if it's in handicap seating, I'll move if needed. At least I get off the bus in a nicer part of town. When closing the office supply store with a certain coworker, and I get out earlier, I wait for him, even if it means missing an earlier bus, just to feel a bit safer. I need to go to the store and buy mace.

----------
michaela

"A child will make two dishes at an entertainment for friends, and when the family dines alone, the fore or hind quarter will make a reasonable dish, and seasoned with a little pepper or salt, will be very good boiled on the fourth day, especially in winter." -Jonathan Swift, A Modest Proposal
October 21, 2012
I rode the bus for a few years and hated every second of it. If some idiot had put his head on my shoulder he would have been poked in the eyes for his effort. I'm sorry you had to deal with that, Michaela
October 21, 2012
I HATE the Nolan Batman trilogy. I found it to be horribly written, AWFUL dialogue, a messy patchwork of pseudo-intellectual philosophical wanking and bits from other films mashed together. I could go on, but that would be a huge wall of text on everything I hate about these films.

I hate Crapple and all their products. They are not worth the money in any way, shape or form, they are not cutting edge and when I saw the "upgrades" from 4 to 5 I LMFAO. Any non iOS phone can and does do way more than any iCrap phone. And they screwed their customer base with the new connector rendering all the previous peripherals useless and charged them 70 bucks for the adapters.

I hate it when anyone uses the word disrespected. It is not a word and sounds ridiculous whenever I hear it.

I use the library a lot and I HATE, HATE, HATE it when assholes mark up and dog ear the goddamn books. They ARE NOT you fucking books, don't write all over them and fuck up the pages by folding them down you assholes. Guess what jerks, after a number of years, those pages get brittle and break off, and some of you colossal jackasses fold the pages way down and they break off so part of the page is missing. THANKS DICKHEADS!

I am sure there are more, but I will save it for another post.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shrieking babbies are the most effective birth control on earth.
October 21, 2012
I hate AT&T right now. We paid our bill and two weeks later they shut off our service claiming we owe them $500.00. When we called to ask WTF they told my husband something was obviously wrong but it would take them three to five days to get back to us. We couldn't be without our phones so we cancelled that contract and signed up with Verizon.I should have known the company was fucked up from the beginning. They support Romney. I'd like to spend next weekend picketing one of their retail locations.
October 22, 2012
Oh my GOD I hate when I am driving and guys beep at me and whistle and make lewd comments and noises out their windows! And I guarantee you that they couldn't pull the compliment card if I could ask them what they think they are doing because I have a FULL FACE HELMET ON WITH A TINTED VISOR! I could be a total dog with a pizzaface under there! All they see is a chick who has a relatively fit body on a sportbike. Their tiny pea sized brains go into screw mode and their penis starts talking for them. And again I ask, why do they think their gestures and noises and beeping would make my panties fall off and me fling myself on them? I don't get it. I ride for my own enjoyment and the only person getting any of my sugar is my husband who is riding with me sometimes. Most of my riding is commuting to work so I am by myself, but guys have been rude enough to whistle and beep even when it is clear that the person on the other bike is a man and we are together. Yeah, my husband thinks it's great because he likes that other people admire me and only he can have me, but still....

I am OK with a simple smile and a thumbs up, though, because that isn't sexually aggressive to me. I also get "Nice bike!" which is ok too as long as it isn't followed up with/ preceded by a whistle or something. In those situations, I am glad I have brightened up someone's day. I have been photographed several times, too, which is ok. It's flattering because I don't hear their comments so I can pretend that they are saying, "check this chick out, she is so awesome and unusual and ballsy because she is on a sportbike!" haha. I can dream, right?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login