Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Just plain hate.

Posted by catharsist 
Anonymous User
Re: Just plain hate.
February 20, 2013
I have a new hate that's (kind of) related to the one I made a while ago about some people's belief that only real fans of a group/singer goes to concerts: when someone calls another one's inability to go to concerts because of lack of funds a "hang-up". The person that said this is one that attends pretty much every concert by this group (they don't tour that often) and they don't understand why everybody else can't do the same.
February 22, 2013
So "Aids-burger in Paradise" has become an earworm now. tongue sticking out smiley I wish Bill Hicks had covered Jimmy Buffett in his "Suck Satan's Cock" routine. hysterical laughterz

I mean, how else could Jimmy get away with the same, tired shtick for going on 40 years or so and still have a fanbase and viability of any kind as a musician? tongue sticking out smiley
February 26, 2013
I know I said I hate everything about my mother, but one thing that she says that annoys me the most is when she refers to items as "whatcha-call-it things." Such as, "Don't let the dog eat the whatcha-call-it thing." Or, "Leave a whatcha-call-it thing on the counter for me." Sometimes I know what she means, but other times I'm clueless, and if she can find the word she's trying to say, it takes her forever.

And re: fresh vs. processed, I don't know why so many people are so goddamn adverse to cooking. I'm understanding of folks who work all day, but I mean the ones who don't do a damn thing. I think the average person thinks that since it would cost more to buy, say, chicken breasts, potatoes, and green beans than to buy a $5 TV dinner with all those things in it that it's cheaper to get the pre-packaged shit. What they don't think about is that while you might be spending a little more for all those separate fresh foods, it will cost less per serving, you'll get more servings out of it, and even if it isn't cheaper, it's better for you because it's not loaded with lots of salt, fat and preservatives.

Sure, sometimes you come home and you're fucking exhausted and just want to stick a frozen pizza in the oven. That's okay. But a little effort for regular homemade meals goes a long way. Crock pots are amazing - throw a cut of meat in the pot with water, broth, spices and veggies, let it cook while you're at work and you've got dinner all done by the time you come home. I'm not the best cook ever, but there's easy stuff even I can manage. Casseroles are great for domestic retards - usually it's a matter of chopping veggies, slicing meat, adding broth or gravy, throw everything in a dish and bake it at 350 for an hour.

I don't think convenience foods should be covered by food stamps. Prepared stuff is definitely more of a luxury item and if you're on the dole, you don't need to be using other people's hard-earned money to buy yourself frozen shit every single day because you're too lazy to prepare the simplest of homemade meals. They want their damn TV dinners so bad, they can find $5 in cash. They're at home sitting on their asses all day long, so it's not like they don't have time to cook. It's very possible to make filling, flavorful and affordable meals on a budget.
February 26, 2013
navi8orgirl
law
HATE:

http://www.maybelline.com/Products/Lip-Makeup/Lip-Balm/Baby-Lips.aspx

What a Dog-awful name for a cosmetic product. All I can imagine is a gaping mouth, covered with milk spittle.

Exactly. The last thing I want in a product is baybee anything, with their spit bubbles and infectious, horrible, virulent plagues.
February 26, 2013
randy johnson's mullet
I have a new hate that's (kind of) related to the one I made a while ago about some people's belief that only real fans of a group/singer goes to concerts: when someone calls another one's inability to go to concerts because of lack of funds a "hang-up". The person that said this is one that attends pretty much every concert by this group (they don't tour that often) and they don't understand why everybody else can't do the same.

That kind of reminds me of a hate I have for something I experienced when I was younger. I've mentioned this before and even though I don't experience it anymore, I really hated it when I did and still do.

I'm a person who isn't a partier and doesn't like to go out much. I've often run into people who have given me a bad time about not liking to go out, saying something is wrong with me for it, etc. Even going out occasionally is not enough for these people, if it's not all the time, you're in the wrong. I eventually got to a place in life where I could distance myself from people like that, and I've been much happier for it.

Why can't people just live and let live?

JD
February 26, 2013
I hate the saying, "I wear many hats" or any variation of it. It's annoying and stupid.
February 26, 2013
I hate panhandlers and really wish I could fire them into the sun. My husband and I were out running errands yesterday and some panhandler wanted money for clothes. Hubby pulled me away before I could tell the loser to get a job.
February 26, 2013
Another fucking snow storm is going to hit tomorrow. I just can't take it anymore. MAKE IT STOP!!! :smn
February 26, 2013
Cambion
I think the average person thinks that since it would cost more to buy, say, chicken breasts, potatoes, and green beans than to buy a $5 TV dinner

Erm .. chicken breasts aren't cheap. But I have yet to find any sort processed chicken entree that is edible (except perhaps Chik-fil-A, but we never go there, now). Since chicken is the primary meat in our diet, we go through a lot of breasts. You can't beat real meat when it comes to cackle products.
February 26, 2013
Dorisan
Cambion
I think the average person thinks that since it would cost more to buy, say, chicken breasts, potatoes, and green beans than to buy a $5 TV dinner

Erm .. chicken breasts aren't cheap. But I have yet to find any sort processed chicken entree that is edible (except perhaps Chik-fil-A, but we never go there, now). Since chicken is the primary meat in our diet, we go through a lot of breasts. You can't beat real meat when it comes to cackle products.
There are several ways to get cheap chicken, but it involves a little preplanning:

Some stores have certain days that they discount their end of the week meats with coupons. They mainly do this, not because the meats are bad, but because they can only keep them so long by law and must constantly circulate fresh product. These can be frozen right away and they're often less then original market price.

Get the store brand generic chicken that still has the skin on it. It often tastes the same as regular chicken, but is cheaper because then you aren't paying for the brand name or that someone already took the skin off for you.

Finally, buy in bulk, and look at the price per pound. Sometimes it costs more per pound for the little pack then it does for the bigger one. Sometimes buying several little ones can cost you more, then getting the equivalent bigger size.

It's what you learn after working in a food market, or you'd end up spending a wad in your own workplace (that's the customer's job!) winking smiley
February 26, 2013
Dorisan
(except perhaps Chik-fil-A, but we never go there, now). .

Go to Cane's Chicken, if there's one near you. They are very inclusionary, gay friendly and offer partner's benefits for employees.
February 26, 2013
I know most meat generally isn't cheap (at least compared to veggies), but chicken breasts with the bones and skin still on them are cheaper than boneless, skinless ones. But since I nearly vomit when I have to pull skin off chicken, I will splurge on the boned, skinned kind so I still have an appetite by the time I start cooking the goddamn things. For some reason, I can handle and prepare any other meat just fine (I have to remind myself to actually COOK ground beef/turkey because I find it's fun to play with)....save for raw chicken. It always makes me feel icky, even when I'm just trimming fat and that gross membrane shit off it.

Not sure about other areas, but here you can get maybe 6 or 7 chicken breasts with skin and bones for around 8 or 10 bucks, whereas the same number of boneless and skinless breasts is almost $20. A bag of potatoes is usually only a few bucks and a pound of string beans or carrots or some other side is a few bucks too. I'm not saying that this would be vastly cheaper than a TV dinner, but I think you'd get more out of, say, twenty bucks of home-cooked chicken + sides than you would twenty bucks worth of frozen dinners. But it can also depend on prices where a person lives, brand names, whether or not the meat is everyday stuff versus organic/grain-fed. I realize the prices where I live may be different compared to other towns.

But I can't say it much better than nightlife already did re: getting reasonably priced meats.
March 01, 2013
I hate a lot of things.

1. Coconut. I hate the texture of it, the taste of it and the fact that almost everyone I know loves it. It's gross, and no matter how you prepare it, I am not going to like it.
2. Feta Cheese. Nasty and smells like feet ( I am with you on that, Snark).
3. People who say "axed" instead of "asked". Please just stop it. This drives me crazy.
4. Brussels sprouts. They are the devil's testicles.
5. Carly Rae Jepson. "Call me Maybe" is a terrible song and it needs to die, die, die. In fact I hate it so much it makes me want to pinch people when I hear it. I hate Carly just for singing it.
6. Peaches. Ick.
7. Windows 8. Really? This is the best you could come up with?
8. My assbag boss, who bullies the entire staff and then can't understand why all of us are unhappy.
9. Twilight. Not the time of day, the series. Please make it go away. The only thing I dislike more is Kristin Stewart, with her hangdog expressions and her inability to stand up straight. She is a very pretty girl, but she makes herself ugly.
10. Canned vegetables. Why, God, why?

And Cambion
Lance's Altaria (Pokemon fans will know what I mean) Fuck I hate that bastard. I have no idea what level you are supposed to be at in order to beat him. In fact I will go a step further and say I hate Lance's entire team, and I really hate Lance. Lance can suck a giant dick.
March 02, 2013
Here are a few more things I hate:

1) The song "Blinded by the Light" by Manfred Mann's Earth Band. Seriously, who likes this song??

2) The band Train, especially the song "Drops of Jupiter" which is condescending as hell.

3) People who post frequently on Fakebook or Twatter that they are "sobbing" with joy over something.
March 02, 2013
Ketchup
Here are a few more things I hate:

1) The song "Blinded by the Light" by Manfred Mann's Earth Band. Seriously, who likes this song??

2) The band Train, especially the song "Drops of Jupiter" which is condescending as hell.

3) People who post frequently on Fakebook or Twatter that they are "sobbing" with joy over something.

That Manfred Mann song truly sucks. It also goes on forever and ever. HATE it.
March 02, 2013
Snark Shark
satansbitch
I hate panhandlers and really wish I could fire them into the sun. My husband and I were out running errands yesterday and some panhandler wanted money for clothes. Hubby pulled me away before I could tell the loser to get a job.

I think someone should SING that old "Sha-na-na Get a Job" song at them! bouncing and laughing

LOL @ Shark! grinning smiley I hate them too! They piss me off and act entitled to my money. It makes me think of Bill Hicks with his bit about panhandlers. "Well let me get out my checkbook! Is that Mr. Bum?" They're all "gawd bless" if you give them something, and all, "fuck you!" if you don't. smile rolling left righteyes2 I reserve my sympathy for people who deserve it, and these people don't.

It's become a trendy thing in my city to stand at intersections and on overpasses with the cardboard signs lately. When I was still drive-thru jockeying at the fast food place last year, a dude in a really nice, almost new minivan came through. He was wearing dirty, ratty clothes and had a whole STACK of these cardboard signs in the passenger seat. I'm sure he makes pretty sweet scratch from his "job" of pretending to be a homeless guy. :headbrick Nothing like a recession to be able to make a living from the sympathy of others. That's why I don't give anyone SHIT, as a majority of them are faking it.
March 02, 2013
I forgot to add to my previous list the pretentious, crunchy granola hippie parunts. Those people make me want to stab my own eyes out with a fork. They think they're "green" and NATCHURAL, but they're contributing just as much to pollution and overpopulation as the suburbanite breeders. Oh, and at the health food store I worked at for 5 years, so many of them used EBT. These are the same people who bitch about the government being oppressive and in their bizness, but they're still OK sucking off the government teet to feed their feral spawn. Those spayshul snowflake hippie kyds were almost always ill-behaved and feral, because their parunts didn't believe in discipline. smile rolling left righteyes2 One broodsow with a litter of little bastards would regularly come in and let her kyds wreak havoc. She thought she was some kind of Earth mother goddess because she spread her legs and took a load of sperm several times. smile rolling left righteyes2
March 02, 2013
chevygirl54
I hate a lot of things.

4. Brussels sprouts. They are the devil's testicles.

Thanks. I just horked a lemon drop onto the floor. Yanno, those things are hard to find these days waving hellolarious

7. Windows 8. Really? This is the best you could come up with?

Is it that bad? I played with it a little at Best Buy and hated it, but thought that was just me. I've been debating on upgrading my laptop (Vista - whoever came up with that should be sentenced to a year of constant exposure to Jepson) and am not sure how long Windows 7 will be around. There is a worse fate - we're still using XP at work. Can you imagine? The only reason we are getting upgraded (to W7) is because XP becomes officially obsolete in 2014.

9. Twilight. Not the time of day, the series. Please make it go away. The only thing I dislike more is Kristin Stewart, with her hangdog expressions and her inability to stand up straight. She is a very pretty girl, but she makes herself ugly.

I think Jennifer Lawrence has officially made all the other "Young Actresses" look like shit on a shingle. I caught clips of her at the Oscars; her encounter with Jack Nicholson was one of the most natural, endearing things I've seen in a long time

March 02, 2013
Cambion
I know most meat generally isn't cheap (at least compared to veggies), but chicken breasts with the bones and skin still on them are cheaper than boneless, skinless ones. But since I nearly vomit when I have to pull skin off chicken, I will splurge on the boned, skinned kind so I still have an appetite by the time I start cooking the goddamn things. For some reason, I can handle and prepare any other meat just fine (I have to remind myself to actually COOK ground beef/turkey because I find it's fun to play with)....save for raw chicken. It always makes me feel icky, even when I'm just trimming fat and that gross membrane shit off it.

My thoughts exactly.

I once got on to Dh about buying a whole chicken -- it's cheaper. I like the breast, he likes drumsticks and other parts, the rest can go to the dogs. He said he would, but I'd have to cut it up. Tried it once and almost barfed all over it. Even with thoroughly running water over it and through it, it still had the decomposition smell. *gag*

For us, chicken is going to be one of those things that could be added to the "things not to cheap out on" thread. I like a nice, boneless, skinless, clean-smelling chicken breast. We show frugality in other aspects of our life so I'm going to splurge on chicken

March 02, 2013
It isn't that Windows 8 is all that bad, it's just hard to use. My mom has it on her laptop and I played around with it. I really hate it. Bring back my fucking tool bar. It is trying to hard to be an iPad, which it clearly is not.
March 02, 2013
Has anyone seen these commercials with Joe Theisman discussing his prostate problems? Good God. I cannot bring myself to give a single fuck about this. I spent the entire day watching television (in my defense, I worked my ass off all week) and I swear I saw this commercail three times. It's bad enough that I had to endure him as a commentator and now I have to listen to him cry about his prostate?
March 03, 2013
Got one more: People who are constantly complaining about food when they go out or order in. I mean if they're not someone who criticizes food for a living. Both my mother and my grandmother are/were like this - there's always something wrong with the food they order.

Usual complaints were like this:

Pizza
- too much sauce
- not enough sauce
- sauce is too sour
- vegetable toppings aren't cooked
- crust is too done/crunchy
- crust is too raw

Chinese food
- General Tso's chicken is too spicy (it's supposed to be)
- not enough chicken
- not enough vegetables
- sweet and sour sauce tastes bad
- not enough sauce
- smells bad

In spite of these complaints, both of them will/would continue buying food from the same fucking places! So of course when they get the food home and it's not up to their standards, they sit and whine about it and begrudgingly eat it. Thankfully they never bitch to the restaurant for a refund, but ye gods if everything is that bad, stay the fuck home and cook shit you'll actually like!
March 03, 2013
Snark Shark
"Brussels sprouts. They are the devil's testicles."

YES!

"Carly Rae Jepson. "Call me Maybe""

i kind of like it!

"Kristin Stewart"

she's pretty and was in the Runaways movie!

You get a pass on the Call me Maybe because you are the coolest shark in the ocean, but Kristin Stewart (who I do agree is pretty), never looks happy, ever. She seems to have turned angst into a lifestyle, which I really don't get. She has tons of money, a decent film resume, and at one time was banging Robert Pattinson (I do not care that I am old enough to have possibly parented him, he is HOT), so why does she look like her dog just died 99% of the time I have to look at her? and why, in the name of God, can she not stand up straight?
March 07, 2013
I hate people who use words that are outdated like "doofus."
I. HATE. COCKROACHES. Seriously, I've moved out of a house because I saw one.
I hate Taylor Swift and her Top Ramen hair but I kind of like her music.
Women who make me embarrassed to be a woman by acting batshit crazy, slutting it up at work, going all mama-bear on anybody who will stand still long enough, or who mince around in little shoesies acting hyper-feminine. I FUCKING HATE THAT SHIT!!! Stop MINCING!!!
People who actually get fed up enough to complain or 'have a talk with me' about my cursing.
Needy people. Probably why I hate kids.
People who drink diet soda all day long. I can smell their organs being killed.

I'll think of more...
March 08, 2013
I hate the food police.

Rather, my coworkers who decide to make comments about my food choices. Yes, I fucking know I'm fat. Sometimes I get cravings for fatty or sweet food. How to deal with it, is up to me, not someone who decides to inform me about the calories in a certain food. I already know. hitting over the head with a hammer
Or someone who looks at my cheap lunch and wants to know if it is a good idea for me to eat that. :drool

My job is having some weight loss contest thingy so my coworkers are acting all snotty and obsessed with it. I do not care to join or comply with work unrelated shit like that within my job. I am there to work, and I fucking hate my job anyway. I am there for 8 hours a day and receive my paycheck weekly. Then I go home and try to forget that shitstain of a place. If I wanted to lose weight, I'd do it on my own. I will not volunteer my time to extra shit related to that piece of shit job.

I'm also tired of people pestering me about the stupid contest when I am eating something healthy too. I thought commenting on people's lunch or weight issues was rude?

I've had lifelong issues with food, binging, dieting, weight gain, and self esteem. I do NOT need this. Eating in the employee restroom seems more attractive at this point.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login