Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Just plain hate.

Posted by catharsist 
Re: Just plain hate.
October 13, 2013
I really hate motorized scooters right now. I also wish stores would stop using them. In the grocery store yesterday an old man had his walker in the basket and was knocking stuff off of shelves. He also nearly hit a store employee. I'd really like to line these things up in a parking lot and introduce them to my big truck.
October 13, 2013
JoJo
Sports fans - just hate them.

My boss showed up yesterday in a football jersey. He's 49 years old.

What really chaps my thuggas is that every year the sci-fi/fantasy fans are ridiculed because they show up at the conventions in costumes, but grown-ass men going to a business office in football costumes are seen as cool. It's the exact same thing! At least no one is wearing a Frodo costume to work!

that's nothing. one time one of the supervisors of the photo lab i worked at showed up in a truck with the various Eagle's helmets on the lights on top of the cab, Eagle jersey numbers of prominent players at the time and in vinyl letters running along like pinstriping, the Eagles' fight song...
October 16, 2013
I hate microwaved mug cakes. I love the idea of making small portions of a food in order to satisfy cravings but the texture of microwave-cooked cake is VILE. The recipes come out so much better when the batter is baked instead of nuked.
October 21, 2013
I hate morons who try to restore or supposedly improve old houses. In the first home I dealt with someone decided to put both tile and carpet on top of blonde oak hardwood floors. In one house the hardwood floors were painted.Thanks to some total idiot who thought he was smarter than he really is a 1920 sweetheart is now a total tear down. That should be a crime.
October 21, 2013
I forgot about this thread! More things I hate-
Ted Cruz's whiny toadler voice
The insurance commercial where a giant loaf is used to represent a car
The couple next to me at the bar who insisted on talking loudly over a screaming loaf
People who blather on about "ABOORTIN" and "MERDERERS" who end their sentences with!!!!!!???????!!!!!!!!!!!!
People who knock on the door and ring the bell repeatedly, peak into windows and then shove religious literature in the door where it blows out into the yard
Centipedes, millipedes and silverfish
People who get offended if you don't share their love of a TV show, talk about nothing but the show and then bingo you about
Anonymous User
October 22, 2013
satansbitch
I hate morons who try to restore or supposedly improve old houses. In the first home I dealt with someone decided to put both tile and carpet on top of blonde oak hardwood floors. In one house the hardwood floors were painted.Thanks to some total idiot who thought he was smarter than he really is a 1920 sweetheart is now a total tear down. That should be a crime.

Oh I agree with you on this one. There is nothing better than original hardwood flooring in an old house. I will never understand why people choose to ruin perfectly good floors by doing idiotic shit like that. Have you ever heard of someone gluing carpet down to hardwoods? Someone I know bought their house with carpet glued to the hardwood. Needless to say, the restoring process was a real bitch and those floors still look fucked up after their effort.
October 22, 2013
simplyshortz
satansbitch

Oh I agree with you on this one. There is nothing better than original hardwood flooring in an old house. I will never understand why people choose to ruin perfectly good floors by doing idiotic shit like that. Have you ever heard of someone gluing carpet down to hardwoods? Someone I know bought their house with carpet glued to the hardwood. Needless to say, the restoring process was a real bitch and those floors still look fucked up after their effort.

I've been the one to pull up the carpets and refinish the hardwood floors after some idiot put carpets on them. The man who did it was dead when I helped restore that house. Thinking about that house still gives me the urge to dog him up and kill him again. I've also seen the hardwood floors after some idiot thought it was a good idea to paint them with pink latex paint. You read that right. PINK latex paint. The moo who did it was too stupid to realize that there is a big difference between indoor and outdoor paint.

The floors can be refinished and brought back but it will have to be sanded and stained several times in order to do that. What stupid people don't realize is that hardwood floors are a lot easier to deal with than carpeting. Lay it right the first time and you can walk all over them for life.
October 22, 2013
As they approach I don't just hate, I loathe with every fiber of my being! I'll gain weight just to hate it more!

Christmas! Bah fucking HumBug!

Team Scrooge!

Wrote this back when I was foolish enough to have a live journal:

An Analysis of Scrooge and the Lost Message.

Scrooge has been a traditional demon of the Christmas season. People loathe the character because he opts out of the celebrations. He is portrayed as wealthy yet cheap, cold and hard. Anyone who has the audacity to question the celebrations is labeled a scrooge. The end of the story has Scrooge give in to the “generosity” of the season.

While the original story has a beautiful moral lesson of caring for our fellow man, modern times focus on the giving and mostly buying receiving stuff. The portrayal now is pointedly on how Scrooge bought stuff for Tiny Tim. It’s not how he paid for health care for Tiny Tim and supplied food. It’s all about the toys and trees.

Today’s Christmas sales hit the shelves even before Halloween. The message isn’t giving and compassion. It’s BUY BUY BUY stuff. The trees, tinsel, and wrapping paper are prominent. Even the so called charities are about handing out stuff. The receivers are not interested in Maslow’s basics – it’s about asking for stuff. And not just simple stuff – it’s about big money, latest and greatest game or toy or unnecessary appliance. If one doesn’t cough up one is a scrooge.

Think about what drives most crime and violence today. It is the pursuit of stuff. Throughout the year we are bombarded with marketing. Magazines and blogs set the stage for the fall blitz about the latest stuff. Buy this, buy that, you’re not “cool” if you don’t buy stuff. In order to get stuff people turn to violence, drug sales, prostitution, and other crimes. People bully and laugh at people who don’t have the right stuff. People are beaten and killed so a person can take their stuff.

Christmas music hits the airways even before Thanksgiving. The songs are about Santa coming with stuff. Songs are about buying and giving stuff. Songs about peace and caring get limited airplay while songs about stuff and Santa get played to the point of annoyance. Everyone knows the words to Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer. Few know the words to I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day. The spirit of giving is given lip service while the demand to buy is omnipresent.

The story of Christmas begins with St Nicholas. He was noted for giving necessary things like coal and food to those in need. The holiday has been twisted into an economic juggernaut demanding we all buy stuff, unnecessary stuff. It has drifted from a holiday of compassion to a festival of greed. One of the necessary things of the day has become the symbol of negativity of giving something useful – a lump of coal.

In Victorian times the holiday was about coming together as families and communities. Presents were simple and the focus was on more spiritual things. In Dickens eyes Scrooge was saved because he came back into his family. In the twenty first century it’s about big ticket items; getting and buying as much stuff as a person can accumulate. How can we as a society justify a person being stampeded to death in front of a department store and say we hold this holiday in esteem of peace? Lives lost just for stuff? Where is the peace and compassion? Is the last of it that santa red fluid on the department store floor?

If this consumer frenzy is the new Spirit of Christmas, If the lust for stuff is more important than concern for our fellow man, If BUY STUFF is more important than giving time and love to our neighbors, than I can only say BAH HUMBUG. Keep your things, your trees, your stockings and decorations. I’m opting out.

To Thom, *Major Applause*

It's what I've always hated about Christmas myself.
October 23, 2013
Another thing I hate is handkerchiefs used for the sake of nose blowing. I mean I guess if you like that better than tissues, then do what makes you happy. I just couldn't stand walking around with a wet snot rag in my pocket all day. Is it really that hard to carry around one of those little travel-size packs of tissues?
October 23, 2013
Cambion
Another thing I hate is handkerchiefs used for the sake of nose blowing. I mean I guess if you like that better than tissues, then do what makes you happy. I just couldn't stand walking around with a wet snot rag in my pocket all day. Is it really that hard to carry around one of those little travel-size packs of tissues?

I do have them, for use around the house. If I can reuse something rather than throw it away I tend to prefer to do that, although I haven't gotten there with menstrual products (yet?). I also think they're fine for when you have a light sniffle from coming inside from the cold. I still usually carry a packet of tissues with me, though, because I find the sound of someone snuffing on public transport absolutely revolting and thus will usually offer the package tissues (on the assumption that the person ran out, as has happened to me).

When I'm seriously snotty, though, give me the balsam tissues. With anything else, my nose ends up getting rubbed raw from the constant blowing and that just makes the cold all the more miserable.
October 23, 2013
yurble

I do have them, for use around the house. If I can reuse something rather than throw it away I tend to prefer to do that, although I haven't gotten there with menstrual products (yet?)
There are reusable cloth menstrual pads that you wash when you are done your period, and they come in different sizes and absorbancies. They last for years, and they can be used with a menstrual belt or underwear.

Here's one of the companies that makes them smiling smiley
http://lunapads.com
October 23, 2013
nightfire
yurble

I do have them, for use around the house. If I can reuse something rather than throw it away I tend to prefer to do that, although I haven't gotten there with menstrual products (yet?)
There are reusable cloth menstrual pads that you wash when you are done your period, and they come in different sizes and absorbancies. They last for years, and they can be used with a menstrual belt or underwear.

I have made and used my own menstrual pads for years and am open to questions.
October 24, 2013
cassia
nightfire
yurble

I have made and used my own menstrual pads for years and am open to questions.

I'll start a new thread in the closet for the sake of those who don't like to hear about these kinds of things.
October 24, 2013
I hate it that nobody seems to know the difference between "lose" and "loose."

Present company excluded of course, but it's all over the internet. I read blog posts from people who write for a living and they constantly fuck that up. Let's add to versus too, etc.
October 24, 2013
I can easily add something here; assholes who think declawing cats is the answer to everything! angry flipping off I got into it with one of my roommates last night...I told him to not go there again, or find another roommate.

Why live in a fishbowl, when you could be swimming in the ocean?

"She, and all other rabid breeders, are like crabs in a bucket headed to Red Lobster. When they see a smarter crab escaping, they try to pull it back in." - Miss Hannigan

"Yeah, that's what family is about - guilt tripping people into cleaning up someone else's mess." - mrs. chinaski

(Shameless blog promotion: http://popcornculturejunkie.wordpress.com/)

(Cornucopia of visual rantage: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD78oSD27mzAlVzsB0q2ibA)
October 24, 2013
popcornculturejunkie
I can easily add something here; assholes who think declawing cats is the answer to everything! angry flipping off I got into it with one of my roommates last night...I told him to not go there again, or find another roommate.

People who think de-clawing cats is fine should have their finger and toenails ripped out and see how they feel about it.

--------------

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it."
George Bernard Shaw

"An oyster can play catch if u only give it the oprotunity"
Some random YouTube commenter

"hate comments will be deleted!! fuckers!"
Some random YouTube uploader

October 25, 2013
More like have their fingers cut off below the nail root, severing tendons and all.
Poor kitties! sad smiley

I have two cats, and the one I got as a kitten from a shelter is great about having his nails done because I handled his toes all the time.
The one I got before him though, was a mostly grown shelter cat, and she really doesn't like it.
Once in a while though, I can convince her to keep purring while I do the one or two that are the pokiest. So that's how we do hers now, only the ones that are sharp. It means she get clipped more often, but I don't have to roll her up in a blanket and have a helper hold her scruff and a dog in the vicinity as intimidation in order to get through both front paws.
And I never even slipped and cut too much with her, but I have done that once to my sweet little kitten on accident and he's still just fine with it.

Yes, I hate declawing! You just have to take the time to do it right from the start!
There are even these funny little slip on nail covers you can buy them. It looks awkward, but presents an always blunt surface. A clever cat would probably just nibble them off, but there are some stupid cats out there who would probably walk funny for five minutes and get over it.
Anonymous User
October 26, 2013
These are a few of the things I can't stand:

Shrieking or screaming kyds (hence my username)

Green beans--I just don't like the taste of them for some reason.

Those stupid sappy Hallmark movies that cable shows around the holidays--I can predict the plot either by the title or the first 10 minutes of the film.
November 03, 2013
I fucking hate web shops that don't bother to inform you anywhere in their policies or shipping information that they only ship to one country. You only find it out when you've picked out the product and are trying to enter your address.

I don't know why a shop in the UK won't deliver to another country in the EU, but what is really fucking annoying is the assumption that websites can only be viewed by people from the same country. US and UK companies seem most guilty of that.
November 07, 2013
yurble
I fucking hate web shops that don't bother to inform you anywhere in their policies or shipping information that they only ship to one country. You only find it out when you've picked out the product and are trying to enter your address.

I don't know why a shop in the UK won't deliver to another country in the EU, but what is really fucking annoying is the assumption that websites can only be viewed by people from the same country. US and UK companies seem most guilty of that.

The US has ones that won't ship to certain states even
November 07, 2013
zatoth
yurble

The US has ones that won't ship to certain states even

I see a biz opportunity here -

One could set up as a re shipper. Like a freight forwarder. Customer can't have their purchase shipped to where they want? Have it shipped to the forwarding office who sends it on, for a small fee.

Anyone looking for work here - look into this. Set yourself up at it, it sounds like it'd be a money maker. Sounds like there's enough call for it too. In fact - I think such things must already exist.

Now who doesn't like Green Beans? Oooooo - give them to me then! I LOVE GREEN BEANS! And I will hunt for good produce stores and farmers markets to find the good ones! And then I will stand there and pick out the best ones. And the best ones feel kind of 'furry' or 'velvety' on the outside. We get alot of produce here coming up from MX and S. America and it's mass produced. It's pretty good but still kinda blah. The best Green Beans are the farm and garden grown ones - LOVE! Anyone who has a garden - I always ask for the Green Beans! Starting at planting time, when they're musing on what to plant. GREEN BEANS! I think my Aunt had some going in her garden this year - but rabbits ate them all. BOO!

I love Green Beans - you can eat them cold, too. After they're cooked, you have some left over (you can freeze them) - or, you can cut them into small pieces and throw them in a pasta salad! I will even eat pre packaged frozen Green Beans - I like the "French Cut" ones the best. But the others are OK too. Canned? Forget it. THOSE are pretty icky! The best kind are the home grown ones, the ones that feel kinda 'furry'. Those are the best ones.
Anonymous User
November 08, 2013
Me neither. I've hated the taste of green beans ever since I was a kid. I still don't eat them.
November 08, 2013
Just been reminded of another thing I hate: noisy adverts on websites. I HATE having to look though my open tabs and find the advert so I can mute it - if there's even a mute button on the advert! I don't use AdBlock 'cause it affects the revenue of the sites you visit, which seems like a shit thing to do, so I'll just have to suffer the damn things.

And it's nearly always sprog-related products, as well.

--------------

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it."
George Bernard Shaw

"An oyster can play catch if u only give it the oprotunity"
Some random YouTube commenter

"hate comments will be deleted!! fuckers!"
Some random YouTube uploader

November 08, 2013
Re: shipping, I HATE when I'm trying to buy something online and when I get to the address page, I get told "We don't deliver to PO boxes." And it's not like some written form/contract where I can just make up a BS address like PO Box 123 Rd. #1 Anywhere, PA 11111 because then there's no telling if I'll even get my item. And despite the fact my mother's house has had a number for the last year or so, any time either of us has tried to use it as a mailing address, we get told that that address doesn't exist. Orly? Because I can go out on the fucking front porch and look at the number right beside the door and verify that the address does actually exist. And I hate sending shit to other people's houses. I wonder if companies realize how many customers they could be alienating by not shipping to PO boxes.

However, one way I have heard works to get around this shit is to list the address of the post office and then your box number. So something like:

Mr. Herman Snoof
123 Post Office Street
Box 222
Armpit, FL 12345

I haven't tried this, so I can't say for sure if it works. If things work out properly, the order will go to the post office and someone there will stick it in the person's mail box.

I also hate when I hear a song with dumbass lyrics, but a catchy tune. Then I can't decide if I like the song or not. Seriously, listen to a Eurobeat song sometime. The lyrics all sound like something you'd write while tripping.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login