Re: Just plain hate.
November 08, 2013
Snark Shark
"Now who doesn't like Green Beans?"

ME!!! tongue sticking out smiley

Right here!
November 09, 2013
When people use the microwaves in the break room at work to reheat their leftover FISH. Gross! This is not OK, and it never will be. Yet another reason why I choose to sit outside with the smokers even though I don't smoke.

Hulu playing the same three ads over and over is getting old, too.
November 09, 2013
Shiny
When people use the microwaves in the break room at work to reheat their leftover FISH. Gross! This is not OK, and it never will be. Yet another reason why I choose to sit outside with the smokers even though I don't smoke.

While in my twenties, I was oblivious that anyone would be bothered by the smell of fish.
One day, I had brought canned sardines for lunch.
The next day, a co-worker politely asked that I consider not bringing it again due to the smell.
The request was so politely stated that I not only acquiesced, I created a small sign for the lunchroom door with a picture of an opened can of sardines with the international 'don't' of a red circle with a slash across it.
Anonymous User
November 09, 2013
Here's something new I hate:

The new commenting section on YouTube that requires you to register with Google+. Why the hell did Google think that was a good idea?
November 09, 2013
ihateshriekers
Here's something new I hate:

The new commenting section on YouTube that requires you to register with Google+. Why the hell did Google think that was a good idea?

Oh, it sucks, doesn't it? And it looks like shit! The comments now sort themselves by highest rated, and not newest-to-oldest by default. The whole thing just looks a fucking mess. I like Google well enough, but I wish they'd stop changing things that don't need to be changed. I remember someone on the Google support forums saying something like for every one thing Google fixes, they break three others. It's true.

--------------

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it."
George Bernard Shaw

"An oyster can play catch if u only give it the oprotunity"
Some random YouTube commenter

"hate comments will be deleted!! fuckers!"
Some random YouTube uploader

November 09, 2013
Ohh I hate the YouTube/Google thing too. I have a few GMail accounts, one of which was for a school project that required me to upload a video. And since it wasn't an account I intended to use for long, I just put a BS name on the YouTube account. Well color me surprised when I found out that that name somehow got attached to my primary business email. I think I know why no one ever responded to me sending out resumes when the name on the email was "Turd Ferguson."

One more. I hate that my favorite kind of coffee is an instant brand. I just find it far less bitter than other coffee and I don't need to add loads and loads of sugar and cream like I do with most other coffees. Part of me kind of wishes I could say I love me a nice bold cup of brewed coffee, but alas...my fave is Nestle Mountain Blend.
November 10, 2013
Shiny

Hulu playing the same three ads over and over is getting old, too.

The smokers have the best gossip and inside info at any company too! winking smiley

Smoking areas are usually Cow Free, also.
Anonymous User
November 19, 2013
Sometimes I worry that this board comes off as the type of "hate" site like, say, Chimpout... But then I accidentally end up ON Chimpout while fact-checking something... and NOOOOOOOPE! They are light-years away from us in fucked up-ness.

So, let's say... I hate horrible fuckoff racism!
November 19, 2013
audiophile
Sometimes I worry that this board comes off as the type of "hate" site like, say, Chimpout... But then I accidentally end up ON Chimpout while fact-checking something... and NOOOOOOOPE! They are light-years away from us in fucked up-ness.

So, let's say... I hate horrible fuckoff racism!

How do you accidentally end up on chimpout while fact checking? confused smiley

and NO we are nothing like them...
November 19, 2013
Isn't that where Toilet Sushi was hanging out?
Anonymous User
November 19, 2013
Medusa
Isn't that where Toilet Sushi was hanging out?

Toilet Sushi... waving hellolarious

And I was trying to figure out the source of that "opal fossilized tree with growth rings" stone I've seen being banded about the internet... somehow the first source for what I googled was Chimpout. ??? I clicked before I thought about it and then went WHOOPS Now I'm standing in a big pile of racism.
November 20, 2013
audiophile
Sometimes I worry that this board comes off as the type of "hate" site like, say, Chimpout...

You worry that we are perceived that way by others, or you worry that this board veers too close to hate group territory for your preferences?

audiophile
They are light-years away from us in fucked up-ness.

Your opinion is that we are fucked up, just not as much as Chimpout?
Anonymous User
November 20, 2013
No, no. I'm sorry if it came off that way. I guess it's just a case of thinking too much of what others might think. How we "come off", not how we actually are, y'know?

And of course we're 'fucked up', obviously, since we don't want childrunz tongue sticking out smiley
November 20, 2013
You cannot choose your race. You can chose whether you breed or not. So, we are nothing like Chimpout or N-Mania.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
"I have found little that is 'good' about human beings on the whole. In my experience most of them are trash, no matter whether they publicly subscribe to this or that ethical doctrine or to none at all."
~Sigmund Freud
November 25, 2013
Just been reminded of another thing I hate: people who, when hearing someone is depressed, tells them to turn to God. That just absolutely infuriates me. Preying on someone when they're at their most vulnerable to indoctrinate them into your diseased little cult is fucking sick.

--------------

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it."
George Bernard Shaw

November 26, 2013
I loathe sappy sitcoms where the kid is being a total brat and gets chewed out by the sister/mom/dad/ teacher, etc. Cue the sappy music and the canned audience "awwwwwwwwwwwww".
If I'd have been in that studio audience I'd have been cheering.
November 27, 2013
I've been reminded of yet ANOTHER thing: people who walk along, messing with their phones and not looking where they're going. Oblivious fuckwits.

--------------

George Bernard Shaw

November 27, 2013
strange aeons
Just been reminded of another thing I hate: people who, when hearing someone is depressed, tells them to turn to God. That just absolutely infuriates me. Preying on someone when they're at their most vulnerable to indoctrinate them into your diseased little cult is fucking sick.

If religion worked, then they wouldn't have been depressed in the first place. Prayer is a huge scam IMHO.

"I have found little that is 'good' about human beings on the whole. In my experience most of them are trash, no matter whether they publicly subscribe to this or that ethical doctrine or to none at all."
~Sigmund Freud
November 28, 2013
peace-n-quiet
strange aeons

If religion worked, then they wouldn't have been depressed in the first place. Prayer is a huge scam IMHO.

I think people are giving the wrong ideas on how this prayer works, if you want my opinion. I think the best example of this is a joke i heard once...

It had been raining for days and days, and a terrible flood had come over the land. The waters rose so high that one man was forced to climb onto the roof of his house.

As the waters rose higher and higher, a man in a rowboat appeared, and told him to get in. "No," replied the man on the roof. "I have faith in the Lord; the Lord will save me." So the man in the rowboat went away. The man on the roof prayed for God to save him.

The waters rose higher and higher, and suddenly a speedboat appeared. "Climb in!" shouted a man in the boat. "No," replied the man on the roof. "I have faith in the Lord; the Lord will save me." So the man in the speedboat went away. The man on the roof prayed for God to save him.

The waters continued to rise. A helicopter appeared and over the loudspeaker, the pilot announced he would lower a rope to the man on the roof. "No," replied the man on the roof. "I have faith in the Lord; the Lord will save me." So the helicopter went away. The man on the roof prayed for God to save him.

The waters rose higher and higher, and eventually they rose so high that the man on the roof was washed away, and alas, the poor man drowned.

Upon arriving in heaven, the man marched straight over to God. "Heavenly Father," he said, "I had faith in you, I prayed to you to save me, and yet you did nothing. Why?" God gave him a puzzled look, and replied "I sent you two boats and a helicopter, what more did you expect?"

I think people do not recognize the answers to their prayers when they see them. I think they expect God to open the Heavens and a procession of Angels blasting trumpets will come down and hand out the miracles of unicorn farts to them personally. You're depressed-God put it in someone's mind to give you a card with the number of a Crisis Center. What in the Hell more do you want? Stop listening to the guy in the 300$ suit telling you that you can solve it all by sending him more money.
November 28, 2013
Exactly. Sometimes an answer isn't flashy. Nor is it always something that tends the heavens open with a chorus of angels. This also brings up a subtitle of this, such as why God allows suffering. It's because the world is broken it shows, plus he won't remove human free will to do evil. Not because he hates people, but because it would turn people into mindless robots, and rob the person of any choice to actively turn away from evil. Even if it meant no suffering, it would also punish people who didn't choose to harm others, as they themselves still had the capacity to choose to do evil.
November 28, 2013
I understand what you are saying but I am no longer a religious person. I just don't buy it for many reasons.

~Sigmund Freud
November 28, 2013
peace-n-quiet
I understand what you are saying but I am no longer a religious person. I just don't buy it for many reasons.

i am not overly religious myself. i do believe in God, however. I consider myself more spiritual than religious when it comes to faith.
November 29, 2013
And I haven't believed in any sort of "God" since I was 14. So whenever anyone starts talking about what "God" has planned, I'm afraid that's my cue to stop taking them seriously.

--------------

George Bernard Shaw

November 29, 2013
strange aeons
And I haven't believed in any sort of "God" since I was 14. So whenever anyone starts talking about what "God" has planned, I'm afraid that's my cue to stop taking them seriously.

I don't push my faith on others. I view everybody's beliefs as their own personal paths and I cannot tell them their path is wrong because I do not live their life.
November 29, 2013
nightfire
Exactly. Sometimes an answer isn't flashy. Nor is it always something that tends the heavens open with a chorus of angels. This also brings up a subtitle of this, such as why God allows suffering. It's because the world is broken it shows, plus he won't remove human free will to do evil. Not because he hates people, but because it would turn people into mindless robots, and rob the person of any choice to actively turn away from evil. Even if it meant no suffering, it would also punish people who didn't choose to harm others, as they themselves still had the capacity to choose to do evil.

That just sounds like a rationalization to me.

I read Bullfinch's Mythology when I was 10 and noticed quite a few similarities to the bible. It didn't take me long to figure out that a lot of greco-roman-egyptian mythology got grafted on to the story of a rabbi who got killed by the Romans for political reasons.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login