Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Just plain hate.

Posted by catharsist 
Re: Just plain hate.
July 03, 2014
yurble
I've also had dogs try to jump on me when I'm running.

I was going for a run in the park a couple of days ago when some guy was walking with his 3 or 4 unleashed dogs on the same path ahead of me. One of his dogs, some chihuahua-looking thing, turned around and started running toward me, snarling and barking. The owner just stood there and yelled "Rupert! Rupert! Come here Rupert! Rupert! Rupert! Rupert!" I stood still because I didn't want the damn dog to run after me and bite me. I turned around and walked away to do my run in another area of the park.

Why the fuck can't people just put a leash on their ill-behaved dogs? They must know their dog is going to act like this around people. UGH and don't get me started on breeders who let their sprogs waddle around in the middle of the paths where people are biking and running!
July 04, 2014
I hate pleasantries from strangers, sports events or concerts or events that draw the city masses out to crowd up the buses staring slack-jawed at platforms and bragging about how they "never take public transport", and people using the word 'toon' to describe any kind of in game avatar. Also ketchup. Ugh, rinse that shit off before I have to scrub the dishes, it smells DISGUSTING. WHY DO PEOPLE NEED SO MUCH KETCHUP!

..okay, I'm bitter and asocial..

benevolent Anti-natalist, pro-abortion, pro-smut, anti-sleeze, eat the rich, fuck childbirth. pro-black, lgbtqia? Cool. *thumbs up*
July 04, 2014
Ketchup
yurble
I've also had dogs try to jump on me when I'm running.

Why the fuck can't people just put a leash on their ill-behaved dogs? They must know their dog is going to act like this around people. UGH and don't get me started on breeders who let their sprogs waddle around in the middle of the paths where people are biking and running!

Ketchup! XD I didn't even realize what your username is. Don't hit meee. Lol. I know what you mean! I was at an apartment where people all seemed to own dogs, and that's fine, I like dogs! But I also know that dogs can be unpredictable and should be on leashes when you aren't in a designated dog safe place. They can get hit by a car or chase the mailman or react badly to my big hair and decide I'm scary... I was cleaning up all the cups people left on the lawn T_T and I hear someone yelling from their door up the stairs because their big breed of dog is on the lawn BY HIMSELF to take a pee at 12 at night. Maybe not grievous error if it hadn't happened TWICE in an hour. How fucking lazy are you?

Also I was house sitting last week and went to check on the puppy and the dog on the porch before we went on a walk and there was a loose dog just growling and snapping with my friends' dog, with some lazy asshole behind. I call him a lazy asshole because after I reeled the dog and puppy in (sorry, no walkies right now) THIS FUCKFACE left the broken chain from his fucking dog lying in the driveway of our house after retreiving his dog.
I'm leaving this at his doorstep as soon as I get back from vacation. But...Is this real life? Who are these irresponsible fuckheads and why do they do this???

benevolent Anti-natalist, pro-abortion, pro-smut, anti-sleeze, eat the rich, fuck childbirth. pro-black, lgbtqia? Cool. *thumbs up*
July 06, 2014
I hate people who shoot off fireworks in their backyards. I'm very sensitive to noises, and that BOOM from fireworks causes me ear and chest pain. I have to plug my ears non-stop. Plus, I live in a woods. What moron would shoot off some big time fireworks in a woods?!?

My kitties HATE fireworks. They cower in fear in the cellar when idiots shoot them off. They were shooting them off last night for about 30 minutes, and my little gray kitty was so terrified that he didn't come out of hiding until this morning. sad smiley

Now let's talk about their 50 inch TV that they put outside to watch sports games at 11:00 p.m. here, blasting the brightness and the sound to crazy heights.

We must never forget their pro-natalism either. They have massive block parties here by invitation only, and guess who, along with the gay and lesbian couples on the street are not invited at all? I guess we'd be a bad influence on their kyds cause, ya know, we don't have any. I can only wonder what they think of the gay and lesbian couples...

You can take the person out of the trailer park, but you can't take the trailer park out of the person.

I despise the neighbors around here.
July 07, 2014
moonmoonthegreat
Ketchup! XD I didn't even realize what your username is. Don't hit meee. Lol.

Oh no worries waving hellolarious Trust me, I know how some people hate ketchup and find it positively revolting. OBVIOUS I know but I love the stuff and have been teased throughout the years about my excessive ketchup use. Now relish on the other hand...don't even ask me what that stuff looks like to me. GROSS.
July 15, 2014
Good! Haha, it was just a dork thing for me to rant about anyways. Haha :3

July 15, 2014
I've ranted about this before, but I HATE the scent-ification of the world. Yanno, that every product must have a scent. The individually packaged towelettes I use to clean glasses or my phone were fine, but I bought some more recently and they have an obnoxious fragrance now. It's hard to find hand sanitizers that don't have added scent now.

I would think that people who aren't bothered by scent would like the option to choose their scent and not smell like cheap shit.

And don't get me started on those bathroom things that are in some businesses and public places. At certain intervals they SPRAY fragrance into the air. At my old MT's place, there was one in the small bathroom. The bathroom was so small, if you were there at the wrong time it would spray fragrance on YOU.

DH and I looked at a house that had glade plug-ins everywhere. It was a nice house but no way could I live there. The smell was so pervasive that it would need new paint, etc.

Why do people think that shit smells good?
July 15, 2014
bell flower, I completely agree! I get headaches from some of the scents of stuff. My makeup remover used to be alright, but then they started adding scent to it and it was really gross. I had to switch brands because I couldn't handle it. I also have difficulty finding hair products that not only agree with my persnickety hair, but don't repel me with their scent. Why does everything have to be given some chemicalley smell? I have a nice lilac perfume oil (I avoid perfumes with alchohol in them to disperse the scent because they smell like hopsitals to me) and I'd like it to not have to compete with my soap, conditioner, and laundry detergent. It's unnecessary.
July 15, 2014
bell_flower
DH and I looked at a house that had glade plug-ins everywhere. It was a nice house but no way could I live there. The smell was so pervasive that it would need new paint, etc.

It's probably to mask the smell of something nastier.

Dh and I noticed that in the house we bought back in 2010. While looking at the property, I was immediately suspicious and mentioned it to the realtor (who merely *shrugged). There were a lot of other positive aspects about the place that made us go ahead and buy it, but I used my suspicions as bargaining points.

Sure enough, once we got in there and started tearing out the carpet (maroon - it made the place look like a bloodbath), we saw the pet stains. Once we tore out the gawdawful cheap wainscoting, a distinct difference in color was noticed between the two sections of wall - a damned smoker used to live there.

We immediately noticed the bad smell once I tossed all the floral decoys, but hard work and ~$5000 investment turned it into a cute, clean smelling little cottage.

July 15, 2014
bell_flower
I've ranted about this before, but I HATE the scent-ification of the world. Yanno, that every product must have a scent. The individually packaged towelettes I use to clean glasses or my phone were fine, but I bought some more recently and they have an obnoxious fragrance now. It's hard to find hand sanitizers that don't have added scent now.

I would think that people who aren't bothered by scent would like the option to choose their scent and not smell like cheap shit.

And don't get me started on those bathroom things that are in some businesses and public places. At certain intervals they SPRAY fragrance into the air. At my old MT's place, there was one in the small bathroom. The bathroom was so small, if you were there at the wrong time it would spray fragrance on YOU.

Why do people think that shit smells good?

I am severely allergic to most of those fake scents, cleaners, petroleum products, off gassing from many household improvements and more.
Many people assume that chemical sensitivity is not real.
I wish they were right and I had my freedom back.
July 16, 2014
bell_flower
I've ranted about this before, but I HATE the scent-ification of the world.

Agreed. Not only does that shit stink, it also sometimes triggers my allergies and it has been found to lower air quality and have negative effects on health.
July 16, 2014
yurble
bell_flower
I've ranted about this before, but I HATE the scent-ification of the world.

Agreed. Not only does that shit stink, it also sometimes triggers my allergies and it has been found to lower air quality and have negative effects on health.

I like some of the old-fashioned ways to make things smell nice. Bowls of real potpourri...pomander balls (i.e. oranges stuck with cloves and left to dry in a mix of cinnamon and spices)...lavender sachets. A bouquet of flowers. Those natural concoctions are not meant to last forever, and they smell REAL, if you know what I mean.

The faux shit is always WAY too sickly sweet-smelling...and like you say, allergies. But really, a balanced blend of bleach, Lysol, Murphy's Oil Soap and some lemon furniture polish is the best smell for a home, IMHO. At least you know the place is clean.
July 16, 2014
Dorisan -

You did a great job on that! I like plain and simple things too.

Maroon carpet? ERG. ITA.

Here's a LOVE! I found ~

http://www.homes.com/property/31-concord-dr-oak-brook-il-60523/id-600014222798/

LOVE the interior - HATE the price! It's soooo expensive here!

I don't need such a big thing anyway. I do LOVE the interior though!

I look at RE all the time, I hope to buy more. Hey All - help me out here - it's only 2.2 - throw in for your Dear Friend here! grinning smiley

A third of the size and a fourth of the cost - I could do it. If I could liquidate the hovels I have for decent prices. I'd still need more. And for nice furniture like that too.

Besides any investments, which I don't have much for that either - I am also thinking of moving, my Mom will retire soon and talks of moving 'here' - she's getting older and my ideal situation is to find two halfway decent houses close to each other in a nice neighborhood.

Sigh. Looking and shopping is fun - when it's 'window shopping' - finding things you can afford, in a good spot, - that's a huge PAIN in the ASS!

Someone just buy me this! Help me out! Reduce my stress here. It's big enough to where I could avoid Cantankerous Mom. But of course she'd bitch about the stairs, so.

Sigh.

Looking at RE - LOVE!
Buying RE - HATE!
July 16, 2014
Agreed, for sure. What a lovely home!

>:c I never noticed until you pointed it out but yeah, FUCK the people who put over the top scents in my favorite makeup wipes and soaps and in elevators. I already have to deal with people who smell of an overabundance of Axe and fucking Victorias Secret perfume, and now I cant escape anywhere?!

Also on topic, fuck headaches. Doubly so for migraines.

July 17, 2014
Count me in as someone who also can't stand the artificial-scented stuff (Glade Plug Ins, air fresheners, and the like). Our house is old and gets a musty smell sometimes so I like to burn incense and use this stuff - Citrus Magic:

http://www.vitacost.com/citrus-magic-air-freshener-tropical-orange-3-5-fl-oz

It smells just like cut oranges and claims to be made with "organic citrus oil". It doesn't have that fake orange scent like a lot of air fresheners have.
July 17, 2014
moonmoonthegreat
Agreed, for sure. What a lovely home!

Thanks

It's a modular on an acre. The size of the place (~1100 sq ft) and the expanse of yard, plus the general good upkeep of the surrounding area sold us on the property. The house itself -- oofah :lips I stripped and repainted the kitchen cabinets, Dh replaced the bathroom vanities, we tore off the ubiquitous 8x10 treated wood deck and replaced it with a nice porch. The sweat equity kept the cost down.

Talking about this does inspire me to segue into a rant: the lack of appreciation for small houses.

Dh and I wanted to downsize from our 2000+ sq ft house on 5 acres to a small cottage. We never should have bought a place that big, but I had a lot of antique and Victorian furniture, we thought we had to have a special room for a library, our families talked about coming to visit so we needed extra bedrooms, etc. When the family visits never occurred and I got tired of taking care of the frou-frou furniture and the big house, not to mention that we just didn't have the time to enjoy our large spread, we started looking to downsize. By this time, land in our area had escalated into the crazy zone as far as price (we couldn't divide the 5 acres we owned and carve off a piece for us. the covenant did not allow that); it would cost more to buy land than the actual cost of building a small house. So, we started looking for small houses in established neighborhoods.

And there was nothing decent to be had.

In our area, there are several neighborhoods with 1970s ranchers; a good scattering of Cape Cods; a decent selection of Craftsmen houses. But all those areas are in a serious decline. Everyone wants a new house of at least 1800 sq ft in a subdivision, smaller houses in older neighborhoods are being abandoned to use as rental property or as cheap housing sold to people who just want a roof over their head and don't care about the condition or have the inclination to fix it up. It pisses me off. These neighborhoods have large trees, sidewalks, are close to town (which is undergoing a gentrification of being turned into restaurants and coffee shops) and could be quite bucolic.

If Dh and I were 20 years younger, we might have taken the risk of buying one of those houses and trying to jumpstart the reinvention of the neighborhood, but not at our age. I'm hoping that some of the younger hipsters who don't want apartment life but are smarter than their elders in not taking on a huge mortgage see these places as starter homes, like people once did, and reawaken the vitality of those streets.
July 17, 2014
Ketchup
Count me in as someone who also can't stand the artificial-scented stuff (Glade Plug Ins, air fresheners, and the like). Our house is old and gets a musty smell sometimes so I like to burn incense and use this stuff - Citrus Magic:

It smells just like cut oranges and claims to be made with "organic citrus oil". It doesn't have that fake orange scent like a lot of air fresheners have.

We often need something to clear out the smell of Fiona cat's atomic turd bombs. I swear, even the dogs stand up, *sniff* and look at us as if to say "dammnnn, would you please do something about that?"

I'm a fan of Yankee Candles. Not the cloying, douche-smelling scents, but Macintosh, Cranberry Chutney and Wreath Pine. A sharp, realistic smell. Expensive, but we buy enough and are on the mailing list for coupons so that we get "BOGO Free" deals at Christmas -- which is another thing. The clerks encourage customers to "buy candles for Christmas gifts!" Yeahhh -- no. Unless I know someone's favorite smell, I stay away from doing that. It's like buying perfume for someone when you have no idea of their preference for scents.
July 21, 2014
Things I hate:

Republicunts and Democraps//the two-party shitstem...

The word "smear"...

Small yappy dogs...

Fundamentalists of ANY religion...

Foods that resemble vomit (stew, chili, etc)...

Retards who go out in public when they're sick, spreading germs errywhere...

All Top 40 music from the year 2000 onward...

Movies/shows about zombies, aliens, vampires, witches and other childish mytical crap...

Darkwing Duck...

Dr. Drew... Dr. Drewani

Loud, obnoxious drunks who try to peer pressure you into drinking...

Fruit...

Canned food...

Misogynistic cavetards (MRAs, pick-up artists, Red Pillers, etc)...

Brainless bitches who play dumb and pretend to like sports for male attention...

Sunny days. ((Thunderstorms RULE!))...

Fatties who use the electronic chairs at Wal-Mart because they're too lazy to walk...

Clique-ish women in office settings who bully and gossip...

Country/Western music, attire and lifestyle...cowboy

Thanksgiving and Christmas...

Mindless consumerism...

Fertility treatments/test tube babies/IVF/etc...

Pro-lifers...

...maybe it would've been shorter to list things I DON'T hate! :sam
July 21, 2014
moonmoonthegreat
Also on topic, fuck headaches. Doubly so for migraines.

I get those too. The pain's not that bad, thankfully (most of the time), but the whole kaleidoscope-vision and nausea thing is a huge inconvenience.

I've noticed that one trigger is thunderstorms, which is a shame because I really like thunderstorms.

trance formation usa
Small yappy dogs

Same. I feckin' HATE Yorkshire terriers.

--------------

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it."
George Bernard Shaw

"An oyster can play catch if u only give it the oprotunity"
Some random YouTube commenter

"hate comments will be deleted!! fuckers!"
Some random YouTube uploader

July 21, 2014
Dorisan
Ketchup

We often need something to clear out the smell of Fiona cat's atomic turd bombs. I swear, even the dogs stand up, *sniff* and look at us as if to say "dammnnn, would you please do something about that?"

I'm a fan of Yankee Candles. Not the cloying, douche-smelling scents, but Macintosh, Cranberry Chutney and Wreath Pine. A sharp, realistic smell. Expensive, but we buy enough and are on the mailing list for coupons so that we get "BOGO Free" deals at Christmas -- which is another thing. The clerks encourage customers to "buy candles for Christmas gifts!" Yeahhh -- no. Unless I know someone's favorite smell, I stay away from doing that. It's like buying perfume for someone when you have no idea of their preference for scents.

I hate the over-scentification of the world as well, and the number one annoyance I have is with fragrances that smell like food. Now I'm a huge fan of the Citrus Magic, I have both the orange and the lime in my home right now. I'm talking about the fragrance trend of smelling like cake batter. Or buttercream. Or apple pie. FFS, I hate it when women show up to work smelling like vanilla frosting. Is that supposed to be sexy? Gross. I hate those sugary dessert scents. Unless you are ACTUALLY BAKING COOKIES you shouldn't smell like one.
Anonymous User
July 22, 2014
I also hate the "food as fragrance" trend, most especially, smells of walking confection. Ugh, having to sit in an office with one of those bitches is enough to make my pancreas crawl out of my butt.
July 22, 2014
fade_to_pale
..... enough to make my pancreas crawl out of my butt.

Whaaat?

::Mr. T: I pitty tha foolries to picture that, fails, falls over laughing::: waving hellolarious
July 25, 2014

Bowls of real potpourri...pomander balls (i.e. oranges stuck with cloves and left to dry in a mix of cinnamon and spices)..

Now there's a memory. Thanks for the reminder, Squirrel. Pomander balls are fun to make. I remember in the 80's when this book was popular.

I also remember going to the pharmacy to buy orris root and getting the third degree from the pharmacist about why i wanted to buy orris root. doh face He didn't want to sell it to me because he said it was a poison.

Here is a good link that has instructions. The curing part is important so the balls don't mold or rot. They are a fun holiday project.

And the scent doesn't bother me like fake scents.
July 27, 2014
bell_flower

Bowls of real potpourri...pomander balls (i.e. oranges stuck with cloves and left to dry in a mix of cinnamon and spices)..

Now there's a memory. Thanks for the reminder, Squirrel. Pomander balls are fun to make. I remember in the 80's when this book was popular.

I also remember going to the pharmacy to buy orris root and getting the third degree from the pharmacist about why i wanted to buy orris root. doh face He didn't want to sell it to me because he said it was a poison.

Here is a good link that has instructions. The curing part is important so the balls don't mold or rot. They are a fun holiday project.

And the scent doesn't bother me like fake scents.

Yes! That's exactly what I was thinking about Bell Flower!

I bought that book for my mother one Christmas, and after she died I re-acquired it (like Pop Squirrel was going to make pomander balls!) and brought it to LA with me.
Sadly, I think it got lost in the move from LA to NZ.

Sounds like the pharmacist should cut back on his Agatha Christie consumption -- did he think you were like one of those characters who buys arsenic "to kill the ants in the kitchen"..??
July 31, 2014
Even if it's been said it needs to be said again:

Justin Bieber Beaver

Click here to login