Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Just plain hate.

Posted by catharsist 
Re: Just plain hate.
December 31, 2014
Yikes, Shiny! So sorry you and your poor pups have to put up with that. And really glad this isn't happening around here.

My only complaint is that it's like - 14C and there's a snowstorm on the way. Urgh!
January 01, 2015
Shiny
Goddamn fucking NYE fireworks!

In the country, people don't bother with the fireworks, they pull out their guns and fire them off. I checked with Dh this morning to make sure all is well in our Hooterville. In years past, people have complained about hearing a "spang!" and finding a hole in their roof the next day. Idiots. Fireworks tend to explode in place, or arch into the air and lose their pyrotechnic danger in flight. Bullets go up and they hafta come down.

I hope your pupster has recovered, Shiny friendly hug
January 01, 2015
Cambion
They can be easy to overlook when re-reading your writing and I'm guilty of missing misspellings.

I'm getting age brain :bawl Time to double up on the fish pills.

Embarrassing. My fingers will fly over the keyboard, I'll hit ENTER, then read what I write and go "shit! how in the hell did I biff that word." Talk about some ridiculous mistakes. I try to double-triple check my posts because of some of the stupid mistakes that I know I shouldn't have made.
January 02, 2015
Mr. Neptune reminded me of one of my all-time pet peeves: people who sniff their noses constantly.

I sound like a ragey-PMS-ing biotch, but I'm coming down from several days of listening to one of DH's relatives, who has a horrible, loud combination snarf-boogers-back-up-your-nose + clear your throat at the end. I'm not talking about someone who is sick--I'm talking about someone who is chronically sniffing his-her nose and who is hocking up some phlegm ALL THE TIME.

I was raised by a PNB mother who REFUSED to allow us to do that. She would say USE A TISSUE and she instructed us to blow our noses and not make that snuffling sound. DH will also sniff his nose and I'm a light sleeper and it wakes me up.

If you are constantly sniffing stuff up your nose, cut out the dairy and go see a doctor to figure out what the Hell is wrong with you. (Hint: it's probably allergies.) It's not normal to be stuffed up all the time and to inflict your misery on everyone else around you. Get that shit fixed.
January 03, 2015
I hate that too! My coworker, when she gets sick, every. single. breath. is snnnniiiiiiffffff! *throat clearing*. And she's so miserly she keeps a roll of TP in her cube rather than tissue. You'd think she could use the damn stuff, it's right on the desk, but no... snifffffff ahem every breath.
And she's a smoker too, so she's always breathing around a glob of mucus normally, you know how you can hear when someone needs to cough? Gross!
January 04, 2015
bell_flower
Mr. Neptune reminded me of one of my all-time pet peeves: people who sniff their noses constantly.

I sound like a ragey-PMS-ing biotch, but I'm coming down from several days of listening to one of DH's relatives, who has a horrible, loud combination snarf-boogers-back-up-your-nose + clear your throat at the end. I'm not talking about someone who is sick--I'm talking about someone who is chronically sniffing his-her nose and who is hocking up some phlegm ALL THE TIME.

Just think of Calvin and Hobbes.

January 06, 2015
I hate food moochers. I'm talking about the people who claim they're not hungry when the waitress takes the order then think they can stuff their faces from my plate. They always whine that they just want "a little bite", but it's never just a little bite.

The same goes for the ones who just want "a little sip" of my drink, then grab it, and guzzle it down as if they'd been lost in the desert for three days. If you're that damn thirsty, buy your own drink!
January 08, 2015
People who are too fucking stupid to know how to use the difference between "there, they're, and their".

My opinion of someone will drop immediately if I see them misuse one of those words.

Moos are guilty of this.

I fucking HATE it and wanna scream at people and tell them what uneducated stupid fucks they are.

The "I seen it" also makes me consider people as "less thans" when I hear it.

Yeah, I'm a fucking Grammar Nazi and Snob

And I don't give a fuckity fuck if people think I'm harsh about it.

If you're an ADULT, you should know how to fucking use fourth grade grammar.

ETA: People who say or spell "especially" as "eXspecially".

Stupid uneducated fucktards.

~~~~~~~~~~~
I miss my little feather baby.
January 08, 2015
I hate the kind of humor breeders seem to enjoy.
So much of it is based on bullying behaviors.

Crap like jackass, phone trolls, or "world's funniest videos."
Someone likes that stuff and 9 times out of 10 you have a breeder. And the
1 left is a closet breeder waiting to happen.

Low brow schoolyard bullying is all it is. It's not funny seeing something that could end up with
someone in the trauma center. It's not funny jerking someone's chain to the point of anger or tears. But breeders just love those videos where they made some kid cry. Tough guys, you made someone in a diaper cry or an old person afraid. What's funny about someone getting kicked in the balls? Idiocracy was a documentary. Breeder bully humor is proof.

These "clowns" are lucky it's impossible to make being an asshole a crime or they'd find themselves on a three strikes sentence in a heartbeat.

drake
People who are too fucking stupid to know how to use the difference between "there, they're, and their".

My opinion of someone will drop immediately if I see them misuse one of those words.

Moos are guilty of this.

I fucking HATE it and wanna scream at people and tell them what uneducated stupid fucks they are.

The "I seen it" also makes me consider people as "less thans" when I hear it.

Yeah, I'm a fucking Grammar Nazi and Snob

And I don't give a fuckity fuck if people think I'm harsh about it.

If you're an ADULT, you should know how to fucking use fourth grade grammar.

ETA: People who say or spell "especially" as "eXspecially".

Stupid uneducated fucktards.

Ugh, drake. You just hit on one of my sore spots. I HATE people who don't know the difference.

I also hate the 'loose' vs. 'lose' thing, as well as, 'too, to and two'.

I'm not always the sharpest tool in the grammar shed, but those things make me RAGEY. angry smiley
January 08, 2015
I like to use "seen" in exactly that manner, but ironically. Kind of like baby talk, I like to speak the stupid now and then for some reason, mostly when I'm trying to be funny.

But agree with all the rest though! Gawd I hate that things like 'upmost' are making it into fucking dictionaries as alternates for utmost!
Soon enough I think lose/loose will be entirely accepted as interchangeable... Ugh!
January 16, 2015
THE PINNACLE OF FOOD STAMP FUCK UPS!

HOLY MOLY GUACAMOLE! I thought I'd seen it ALL! Nope. What I just witnessed TOPS them all! Why is this in purple? Because - GRAPES.

So I'm at the store earlier and get in a short looking line. All the other lines were longer. Well, there was a reason WHY. I soon see that the Cow ahead of the two guys in front of me - has some issue. It became clear that she was having the cashier 'take off' things because she did not have enough $ on the food stamps / EBT card.

It took awhile for this to dawn on me because what I could see was - the cashier was fooling around with a bag of grapes. WTF is she DOING? She was picking off grapes one by one and then reweighing the bag until it got to a low enough weight / cost to clear the Cow's food stamps!

This is my new #1 in Food Stamp Fuckery! If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes I'd not believe it.

Sweet Purple Jesus! Is a *drink* - it does NOT mean making the cashier play Pachinko with your god damned GRAPES!

GAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:kill :kill :kill
January 18, 2015
The cow should've had the cashier take off some of the chips and cookies instead of grapes. I guarantee you she had some junk food in her cart that she could've gotten rid of.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
"I have found little that is 'good' about human beings on the whole. In my experience most of them are trash, no matter whether they publicly subscribe to this or that ethical doctrine or to none at all."
~Sigmund Freud
January 18, 2015
peace-n-quiet
The cow should've had the cashier take off some of the chips and cookies instead of grapes. I guarantee you she had some junk food in her cart that she could've gotten rid of.

That's a guarantee I can vouch for because you are quite correct, Good Sir / Madam.
January 20, 2015
I still don't understand why you can't buy a rotisserie chicken with food stamps but you can buy candy, chips, soda and the contents of the Little Debbie cake aisle.
January 21, 2015
JoJo
I still don't understand why you can't buy a rotisserie chicken with food stamps but you can buy candy, chips, soda and the contents of the Little Debbie cake aisle.

They have this rule (at least in my state) that you cannot buy hot food with it. I think this is so the cows won't blow their money on a dinner of potato wedges and macaroni and cheese from the hot deli so their lazy asses won't have to cook.

However, they still waste their money on foods that require no prep such as cold pre-made hoagies and microwave dinners. Lazy ass bitches.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
"I have found little that is 'good' about human beings on the whole. In my experience most of them are trash, no matter whether they publicly subscribe to this or that ethical doctrine or to none at all."
~Sigmund Freud
January 28, 2015
I've noticed at Walmart Delis that they are starting to pack up some of the hot deli food, refrigerate it, and then give it a different UPC so that it is "EBT approved". What the FUCK difference does it make whether it's hot or cold? And that is the reason, for those of you who are wondering. EBT refuses to cover hot food items. Hershey's wax chocolate bar, bag of Cheetos and a Mountain Dew? Go right ahead! Hot chicken? Nope, sorry sir/ma'am, that's a rule breaker.
January 30, 2015
That's what my store does. It sells refrigerated fried chicken that was made in the deli and it's considered 'EBT approved.' I really wish they'd just change it so you couldn't get junk food with the card, it's why many on welfare are so damn fat.
January 31, 2015
I hate, hate, hate these obnoxious Vapers next to me in the bar. I hate their smug, loud conversation about how much healthier they are than smokers. I hate have to smell their stinky "flavors." I hate that they have been told to go to the smoking patio 3 times now and keep coming back. I hate that I am highly allergic to nicotine, have chosen to sit in a place that should be free of it and because of these assholes my eyes are swelling shut.
February 01, 2015
evilchildlessbitch
I hate, hate, hate these obnoxious Vapers next to me in the bar. I hate their smug, loud conversation about how much healthier they are than smokers. I hate have to smell their stinky "flavors." I hate that they have been told to go to the smoking patio 3 times now and keep coming back. I hate that I am highly allergic to nicotine, have chosen to sit in a place that should be free of it and because of these assholes my eyes are swelling shut.

ITA. I am a smoker, and am switching slowly over to vaping because my doctor wants me to quit. I've been smoking for 32 years and it's a tough go. I hate that some smokers are irresponsible, careless and inconsiderate of other people.

As a smoker, I know that some people cannot tolerate smoke, are allergic or don't like the smell. It is also unhealthy, and because I choose to smoke and risk my health, doesn't mean I should risk the health of others. I only smoke in my own private space, never in public and never when we have non-smoking guests at our house. Even when a contractor has to come over and do work, I will smoke outside on my private deck.

People like the vapers you mentioned make ALL smokers look bad.
February 01, 2015
evilchildlessbitch

It might take some time, but states are coming around to the fact that e-cigarettes will have to be examined and decided upon as far as use and restrictions. Unless a powerful lobby springs up to try and guide legislation (some tobacco companies have developed e-cig subsidiaries) I wouldn't be surprised to see NO SMOKING signs include e-cigs in the near future.

You can keep up with developments here
February 01, 2015
mumofsixbirds
evilchildlessbitch

ITA. I am a smoker, and am switching slowly over to vaping because my doctor wants me to quit. I've been smoking for 32 years and it's a tough go. I hate that some smokers are irresponsible, careless and inconsiderate of other people.

As a smoker, I know that some people cannot tolerate smoke, are allergic or don't like the smell. It is also unhealthy, and because I choose to smoke and risk my health, doesn't mean I should risk the health of others. I only smoke in my own private space, never in public and never when we have non-smoking guests at our house. Even when a contractor has to come over and do work, I will smoke outside on my private deck.

People like the vapers you mentioned make ALL smokers look bad.

I am the same way about smoking. Only in my own house, on the back porch. I'm not a heavy smoker and try to stick to just a few cigs per day. I was just out shoveling snow - of which there is like 2 FEET! :goggle and I held up fine - breathing and heart rate OK. So - a good sign? I had to quit because of *my feet*! They were freezing and cramped up badly - had pinchy rubber "rain boots" on.

If I can give anyone a tip about these -

Buy them *at least* one size bigger than you need because they are not lined and you will need heavy socks. Or else your feet will freeze. I made the mistake of buying my usual size and they're actually a bit small. They pinch, they freeze, really only good for rain.

I'm hating snow right now! BOO!!! But on the plus side - I don't have to go to work tomorrow! YAY! On the negative side - I will have to finish shoveling. BOO!!!

BTW - IT'S STILL SNOWING! East Coast peeps ought to be getting it by now. Have fun! grinning smiley
February 02, 2015
Migraines.
February 02, 2015

As a smoker, I know that some people cannot tolerate smoke, are allergic or don't like the smell. It is also unhealthy. . .

You are quite literally the only smoker I've encountered in my 54 years on this earth who admits that smoking affects other people and has negative health effects.
February 02, 2015
It is illegal in my city to use tobacco products indoors except cigar bars.There can be covered and heated patios for winter which is fine. I just won't sit there. The Vapers didn't want to sit with the cigarette smokers because it was unhealthy so they would just wait until the server left and rejoin others at their table. Nicotine gum is one thing because it doesn't disturb anybody else. People can't seem to grasp that be it water Vapers flavored nicotine or cigarettes they shouldn't be forcing others to breathe their cboice.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login