Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Just plain hate.

Posted by catharsist 
Re: Just plain hate.
July 18, 2015
Cambion, is it possible that you might have the wrong type of thread for the wrong type of fabric? I would always have the needles break on me and the thread constantly bunch up, and it turned out I was using polyester thread for fake silk fabric. It sounds weird, but sometimes a combination of mismatching materials makes the machines act really temperamental. It was something I never knew until my aunt told me (and she uses them a lot) and I always thought i was just a big butter-fingers with them.
July 18, 2015
Don't think so. As a rule, I always use upholstery thread when I sew to ensure it doesn't rip on me. And when the machine was threaded by the person I mentioned before, she threaded it with the thread I normally use and sewed with it to test the machine. I think it's just something I'm doing wrong. Also, when I tried using it, the machine made a stitching motion, but the thread didn't actually go into the fabric. All that happened was the needle made some holes.

I tried following the instructions and thought I stuck to them pretty well, but alas, still didn't work. shrug
July 19, 2015
yurble
Birds which shit on clean laundry.

Especially seagulls. Horrible bloody things. I'd happily shoot the bastards if it was legal!

--------------

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it."
George Bernard Shaw

"An oyster can play catch if u only give it the oprotunity"
Some random YouTube commenter

"hate comments will be deleted!! fuckers!"
Some random YouTube uploader

July 20, 2015
strange aeons
yurble

Especially seagulls. Horrible bloody things. I'd happily shoot the bastards if it was legal!

IMO Seagulls are Flying Rats!

And you'll get a $500 fine in these parts if you're caught feeding them. This mostly happens in 'strip mall' type of parking lots - where there may be fast food outlets. And people throw fries (Seagulls LOVE French Fries!) and other bits of food they don't want to these birds. And more often then not those who do this are Famblee Types who see this as 'entertainment' for The Kids.

And feeding attracts them, and soon there are huge flocks of them.

And they are *aggressive* and can and will swoop down upon, claw, and peck at people. They're probably loaded with diseases too. Besides water, and there's enough of it here and most places - they are attracted to *garbage dumps* and land fills.

Because they are Flying Rats.

Yes they are Horrible Bloody Things! Agreed.
Foul nasty things! Not all birds are 'ooo lookit da pwetty birdee'.
NO.

DO NOT FEED THE FLYING RATS!
Lookin at you, Breeders ~
July 20, 2015
Zzelda
strange aeons
yurble

And you'll get a $500 fine in these parts if you're caught feeding them. This mostly happens in 'strip mall' type of parking lots - where there may be fast food outlets. And people throw fries (Seagulls LOVE French Fries!) and other bits of food they don't want to these birds. And more often then not those who do this are Famblee Types who see this as 'entertainment' for The Kids.

And they are *aggressive* and can and will swoop down upon, claw, and peck at people. They're probably loaded with diseases too. Besides water, and there's enough of it here and most places - they are attracted to *garbage dumps* and land fills.

NO.

Yeah, they steal food from people around here, too. And they can get very aggressive if you try to resist.* I've recently started feeding a stray cat and as soon as I put the food out for him, a seagull swoops down and tries to drive him off it. I'm sure it's the same bloody bird, as well! Fucking thing's the size of a goose, it doesn't need any more food! *shakes fist*

*Oh, and as well as the clawing and pecking, they vomit on you. Charming birds.

--------------

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it."
George Bernard Shaw

July 20, 2015
Zzelda

NO.

Awwww .. you're putting a harsh on Jonathan Livingston Seagull! grinning smiley

Seriously, Dh and I were vacationing in Florida years back. You could just be strolling along with food in your hand and be dive bombed by one of those pests.

Tangent: listening to a radio show where a segment opened allowing people to vent about bad drivers. One listener related that they were sitting in a parking lot waiting for a spouse to do their shopping and felt a "WHAM!" as someone pulled into the space behind them and hit the back end of their car. The offending driver did nothing, just exited the car and walked toward the store, even though the person who had been rear-ended got out and started hollering.

The person who had been hit stood and fumed for a few moments, then noticed the large flocks of seagulls hanging around. A McDonald's was situated at one end of the strip mall, the birds were going for the trash. So, the bumped driver wheels down to the fast food place, orders three large fries and proceeds to liberally cover the offender's car, having move his own out of the danger zone. Then he waited for the driver to come back and be astounded and infuriated by a car that had a total wash of bird shit covering it.
July 20, 2015
Dorisan
Zzelda

NO.

Awwww .. you're putting a harsh on Jonathan Livingston Seagull! grinning smiley

Seriously, Dh and I were vacationing in Florida years back. You could just be strolling along with food in your hand and be dive bombed by one of those pests.

Tangent: listening to a radio show where a segment opened allowing people to vent about bad drivers. One listener related that they were sitting in a parking lot waiting for a spouse to do their shopping and felt a "WHAM!" as someone pulled into the space behind them and hit the back end of their car. The offending driver did nothing, just exited the car and walked toward the store, even though the person who had been rear-ended got out and started hollering.

The person who had been hit stood and fumed for a few moments, then noticed the large flocks of seagulls hanging around. A McDonald's was situated at one end of the strip mall, the birds were going for the trash. So, the bumped driver wheels down to the fast food place, orders three large fries and proceeds to liberally cover the offender's car, having move his own out of the danger zone. Then he waited for the driver to come back and be astounded and infuriated by a car that had a total wash of bird shit covering it.

This happens at work quite frequently. Apparently one of the Navy guys made someone mad. Said guy also had a really nice Jeep Wrangler with leather seats. Had. He had left the top off and someone had taken an entire loaf of bread to the entire inside of the Jeep. No longer was it a nice, warm brown color. Lots and lots of white all throughout.

I bet he won't make that person mad again.

As far as seagulls go, I saw one of the shipyard kittens take one down and drag it under one of the trailers. Never thought I would see the day when a kitten that wasn't even half it's size would ever be able to do that.
July 20, 2015
Really hating my inability to keep track of time. Lost a week due to surgery and I keep thinking it's a week later than it is, made an appointment for tomorrow and kept thinking tomorrow is the 28th.

Thought I conquered the lost week after attending a friend's annual Fourth of July barbecue. Guess not.
July 22, 2015
I hate little black bitey ants, their smell and taste left on my hand after I smack them dead for biteing me
Apricots, I just can't
I really hate people being in view of the front of my house, it drives me crazy, especially kids that ride their bikes back and forth and back and forth for fricken hours
I hate things that are not symmetrical or are purposely unbalanced, ugh it drives my ocd and I nuts, I hate it so much

People touching my hands perticually but any part of me in general, not cool, I don't understand why some people just don't realise not everyone wants to be touched, or that some people like me have ocd hand washing, and know exactly where you touched me, because it feels like you just dropped acid garbage on that specific spot and it feels like its on fire and so unclean I'd rather slice off the chunk of skin than try to wash it.

Edit:
I hate my grandma that dosnt like me because I'm over weight, not a prissy girly girl and don't go out of my way to worship her, I perticually hate that I owe her of all people money when her method of being nice when I was a kid, was finding some item of clothes I really wanted, and buying me the size smaller saying that will give me incentive to lose weight, even though I was a normal sized child and didn't have a weight problem till she started doing that shit.

I hate my bitch face cousins both of them, for being grandmas favourite grand kids because they did ballet and dieted so hard they lost their periods as teens, perticually the older one who smoozes up to my grandma constainlty for money and hand outs, like the $3000 grandma spent on jewlry for her recently, that she never has to pay back, but when I need life saving surgery, for a meer $2500 I have to pay her back on fucking $100 a week welfare at $50 a fortnight
July 23, 2015
Cambion
I have a bit of a gripe about shampoo too. All I ever see are products for dry, damaged hair, but fucking NOTHING for oily hair! I tried looking for something and most of what I read suggested simply using normal clarifying shampoo. Yeah I've been doing that and it doesn't make a difference.

I can't afford to get some $50 salon product, so I have to stick to the grocery store or drugstore and even then, some of the shit they sell is too expensive for my budget. I've been rinsing my hair with vinegar and water the last few days because it's supposed to reduce oil and I think it has helped a teeny tiny bit. I also have heard that the keratin shampoos from Suave can help fight excess buildup, so I'm gonna try that next.

Do you wash your hair every day? This irritates the scalp and can cause the hair to be extra oily.
I have a suggestion though. It's very easy to make your hair dryer; apple vinegar, white vinegar, lemon juice, baking soda, chamomile tea,... all those things will dry the shit out of your hair. You can combine vinegar, soda and lemon juice.

You can also get one of those shampoos that are preliminaries for colouring hair. It's shampoo with hydrogen peroxide, and it costs a couple of EUR. Put it on your hair, and leave it for a few minutes. Your goal isn't to bleach your hair, just to take advantage of the drying effect that bleaching has. Since you only leave it on for a few minutes, your hair will become dry enough to become normal.

Rinse and wash your hair normally. Start washing it every 4-6 days. If you need to, you can repeat the whole thing.

Also, stay away from the shampoos that promise you beautiful hair for 24 hours (I'm looking at you, Fructis!). I tried the samplers a few times, and they made utter drippy shite out of my hair after a day - I normally wash it every 5-6 days.

Cambion
I HATE how difficult it is for me to shop for clothes. Being huge doesn't help, but I am so picky about every goddamn kind of clothing that it makes it so hard for me to buy clothes. Finding a simple pair of jeans that I like is like finding a needle in a haystack on another planet.

You're not picky, it's the clothes. There are metric tons of clothes, being sold, but most of them are complete and utter shite. My mother and I would often walk into a clothes store, look around, and immediately walk out, because there wasn't a single garment in the whole store that either one of us was willing to wear.

I hate it, that the stores seem to have two sizes: A starving 7-year-old boy, and a 150-kg person. What ever happened to sizes in between?

I have a little hand-held sewing machine, that I adore. It makes it easy to hem clothes, after I've had to shorten them, since I almost always have to. I can also make alterations.

Cambion
Doesn't help that a vast majority of plus size ladies' clothing is so frumpy and dumpy-looking.

That's why my mother just made her own, whenever she could. She used the big sewing machine, and cursed a lot whenever she used it. You have to be a bloody surgeon to thread that thing, and get the thread to not break all the time!

Also, bloody birds, early in the morning! I'd get arrested, if I made so much noise.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" ... what's one more once you've already got two shedding on the couch?"
Anonymous User
July 27, 2015
mumofsixbirds
I hate the saying, "I wear many hats" or any variation of it. It's annoying and stupid.

That was a favorite of my old boss. The other one was "I'm just touching base", which unbeknownst to her is also a local slang term meaning "I'm about to crown a turd". This made keeping a straight face during a meeting incredably difficult, especially as everyone was thinking the same thing smile rolling left rightsmile
July 27, 2015
chicken
mumofsixbirds
I hate the saying, "I wear many hats" or any variation of it. It's annoying and stupid.

That was a favorite of my old boss. The other one was "I'm just touching base", which unbeknownst to her is also a local slang term meaning "I'm about to crown a turd". This made keeping a straight face during a meeting incredably difficult, especially as everyone was thinking the same thing smile rolling left rightsmile

Hahaha, I'll have to remember that! bouncing and laughing

The other one I hate? "Been there, done that." As if the person saying it is sooo much more experienced and worldly than I am. I knew a person who overused this term and it really grated on my nerves. He was a nice enough person, but I don't think he realized how annoying he was when he said it.

ETA: I really am not very worldly, but I don't need some jackass rubbing it in my face. /rant
Anonymous User
July 28, 2015
mumofsixbirds
chicken
mumofsixbirds

Hahaha, I'll have to remember that! bouncing and laughing

The other one I hate? "Been there, done that." As if the person saying it is sooo much more experienced and worldly than I am. I knew a person who overused this term and it really grated on my nerves. He was a nice enough person, but I don't think he realized how annoying he was when he said it.

ETA: I really am not very worldly, but I don't need some jackass rubbing it in my face. /rant

I hate that one too. I also hate one-upmanship in general, especially the 'I'm more ill than you' variety. You mention in passing that you have a cold and somebody then starts rallying off their list of ailments as if it's a competition :hardcore
July 28, 2015
chicken

spewing water due to laughing haha I'll have to let mr exile know that one, his boss, my ass of a dad, says that multi times a day, it might help him get a little giggle, like that time we watched criminal minds and they kept calling gang members gangbangers, when to us, perticually me, it means gang rape or a 1- many of the opposite sex orgey, struggled to take those serious show moments, seriously.

My mum also dose that one up thing, she still trys every time I run into her, "oh this aches more, or that's nothing compared to this" sure it is mum, my life threatening hospital visits are nothing compared to bread causing you to bloat or that sore elbow compaired to the pain of my surgery, uh-huh, yep sure, glad to know you care enough about me to sit here and compete rather than saying "that sucks" and moving on.
July 29, 2015
Menstrual cramps are proof against any benevolent diety. What shoddy construction.
July 29, 2015
yurble
Menstrual cramps are proof against any benevolent diety. What shoddy construction.

As someone who's experiencing this right now, I'm inclined to agree.

--------------

George Bernard Shaw

August 10, 2015
Cambion,
I have extremely oily hair as well. I have been advised to stop washing it every day as well so I tried one day I didn't have to be anywhere.
It was nasty and disgusting. It was also stinking after 48 hours. I think some of mine is just due to genetics. My dad has thick and oily hair as well. We both always, always wash our hair in the morning. I know some people can get away with washing it 2-3 times a week but if you are like me then mine has to be washed every morning or it is nasty. The whole not washing thing to reduce oil doesn't work for everybody, including one of the people I know who swore by it in high school but whose hair looked limp and stinky like our favorite food blogger.
One thing that helped me in addition to morning washes instead of the night before and sleeping on it was switching to a clarifying shampoo. Lots of pricey brands make them but I use Suave brand and it costs 2 dollars at most.
Coloring my hair has also dried it some. I also love to swim and being in a chlorine pool 2-3 times a week helps.
September 14, 2015
My main hate is the lack of common courtesy in the world right now. Did a small favor for someone, and asked the person to return the favor in a specific task. Person said he would and the deadline wasn't a problem, I asked again and mentioned the deadline. After asking a third time, I realized the favor would not be done so I did it myself. After the deadline passed he shows up saying "thought I had more time, ha ha". I told him the favor seemed minor to him but was important to me, and when he asked for a minor to me but important to him favor I did it immediately and to the best of my ability long before the deadline because it was important to him, but I will no longer do any favors for him as long as I live.

Right now my thought is fuck it I'm not doing any damn favors for anyone for a very long time.
November 02, 2015
I have to second the too much perfume. Especially the really strong ones, Come on if you have to wear that much, what are you trying to hide? Same goes for men's cologne or aftershave. When I lived in the city I found that a lot of east Indian men and women did this, or even Haitian's.

Other things I dislike or downright hate are:

- Tapioca or rice pudding, the texture is something I can't get around. Plus when is rice a dessert? Tofu falls into this category as well. The only thing I can eat it in is meso soup.

- High pitched noises, this includes the screams of a baby or toddler. They set off my migraines.

- @Exile I hate ants as well, got bitten a bunch this year and man did they itch! My allergies are getting worse, especially now that I am living in the country.

I can't think of any more right now and I'm on the way out. Will post if I come up with any more later on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
They are having children for selfish and narcissistic reasons, or are simply irresponsible. Funny... Those are the terms often used to describe the CF

~Live, Laugh, Love~
November 02, 2015
I am really hating the perfume thing lately. I moved to a new office at work and the people in there were using those electric plug-ins all over the place. I had to ask them to remove them and you get the passive-aggressive eye-rolling thing. The manager refuses to remove them from her office, so I just run a fan and my boss is understanding. She lets me work at home when I'm having a bad day.

But really, it's one thing if you want to put that shit in your own house, but I just don't know why people think it's okay to pollute the workplace with that stuff.

And I found a really great yoga studio down the street from me. It's not a chain and I want to support the place and buy the monthly membership so I can take as many classes as I want. It's pricey, $135 to take unlimited classes. but I would pay for it because I like the instructors and the convenience.

Anyway, some of the instructors and the owner burn incense. One night I left a class when I walked in and smelled it--I asked them if they were burning incense, because I coudn't tell if it was in one room or the other. When they said yes, I told them it bothered me but that I would just leave. It was not a big deal because I was on the "introduction special" where you pay a reduced rate for the first month.

After I was finished with the "monthly special" I asked one instructor if he could put it out because I had already paid for the class. (I had been to his class previously and he had not burned it, so I thought it was a safe class.)

I don't expect them to change for me, but it means they are losing business. I'm only going to a couple of classes there and I won't be a monthly member. The thing is, there's a larger, chain yoga place nearby. The facilities are super plush and there are lockers and showers and it's spa-like. they have classes all the time and no incense or fragrance, and they are CHEAPER by $40 per month for an unlimited membership.

The incense place has good instructors but most classes have between 3-5 people in them.

Some people have problems with fragrance. I don't understand why a business would use it and potentially drive away customers, particularly when they are struggling. And incense is pretty strong anyway--I know a lot of people who aren't sensitive to it, but they don't like it anyway.

ETA: I've told more than a few people that it's not about "not liking" a particular sense. There are a few scents that can trigger a migraine where I get deathly ill, as in: vomit my brains out. It goes beyond "like" and it's a medical issue.
November 03, 2015
I'm sensitive to scents as well. A few weeks ago we had a visitor in the office and I had to go around opening windows while he was there because he wore so much scent. I've had evenings out ruined as well because someone wore so much scent that I got a headache. It can trigger an asthma attack or vomiting as well, and if I had to work somewhere that used those chemical plug-in things I think I'd file a complaint because those things reduce air quality and are bad for your health.

It's not as if I don't enjoy smells, in moderation. I have some perfumes I really like, but I wear perfume a couple of times a year, and just a touch of it. I like scented natural oils in my bath as well. I stop and sniff the roses when I walk past houses where they're growing. I just cannot stand the heavily artifical scents or very strong scents.

And as for insects, I got bitten by something at the start of September. Three times on one leg, twice on another. This was while I was sitting outside in a cafe's garden. They started itching like mad and they kept itching badly for a week, and have continued to itch from time to time since. I asked the dermatologist about it two weeks after it happened when I was in for something else but he didn't seem concerned. I still have the spots on my legs, although they are just flat lightly red marks now. The thing is, one of them still itches about once a week! Whatever insect that was, I wish it were eradicated from the world.
November 05, 2015
yurble
I'm sensitive to scents as well. A few weeks ago we had a visitor in the office and I had to go around opening windows while he was there because he wore so much scent. I've had evenings out ruined as well because someone wore so much scent that I got a headache. It can trigger an asthma attack or vomiting as well, and if I had to work somewhere that used those chemical plug-in things I think I'd file a complaint because those things reduce air quality and are bad for your health.

It's not as if I don't enjoy smells, in moderation. I have some perfumes I really like, but I wear perfume a couple of times a year, and just a touch of it. I like scented natural oils in my bath as well. I stop and sniff the roses when I walk past houses where they're growing. I just cannot stand the heavily artifical scents or very strong scents.

And as for insects, I got bitten by something at the start of September. Three times on one leg, twice on another. This was while I was sitting outside in a cafe's garden. They started itching like mad and they kept itching badly for a week, and have continued to itch from time to time since. I asked the dermatologist about it two weeks after it happened when I was in for something else but he didn't seem concerned. I still have the spots on my legs, although they are just flat lightly red marks now. The thing is, one of them still itches about once a week! Whatever insect that was, I wish it were eradicated from the world.

Do you have brown recluse spiders in Europe or a similar spider? These bites can cause bad shit including necrosis of th see tissue around the bite which requires antibiotics or surgically removing the infected tissue. Both suck. Make sure it was an insect and not a similar spider. I have seen the results of untreated bites and they suck.
November 09, 2015
I hate people who barge into an elevator before people who are already on the elevator have a chance to leave. Today I was on an elevator that was coming down and obviously emptying in a lobby, and two dudes rushed right in before anyone could get out.

I hate tail-gaters. If I am driving in my car and someone behind me wants to go faster, I'll always pull to a slower lane. I hate it when you are in the slow lane and people ride your bumper. I am not a slow driver so if someone is tail gating me, we have a problem.
November 09, 2015
I hate it when people say that they seen something. Like, "I seen her going to the store," or, "She seen us kissing at the bar." I my opinion, it is THE epitome of retardation. Any time I ever hear people say that, or see people write it (even worse), I automatically write them off as being credible and leave the scene.

Another thing is when people say, "I didn't think nothing of it."

Ugh. I hate blue collar speech.
November 11, 2015
GAHHH! The "seen" biff. I don't know what it is about that word; maybe it just sounds so awful, being used in such a broken fashion; but I almost fly into a Hulk-smash rage when I hear/see that word used in the wrong context. Don't those people hear themselves? It doesn't even sound right.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login