Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Just plain hate.

Posted by catharsist 
Re: Just plain hate.
December 24, 2017
My biggest hate at the moment. My patient's vile, lying, entitled, harassing family members! angrily flogging with a whip.

I work as a community mental health case manager, and I'm harassed daily by these demanding pieces of self-righteous twats. It's so bad that I've had to restrict contact with two of the family members, as they were monopolizing all of my time with their relentless whining and blaming. It's nothing constructive at all, just complete entitled rubbish that has absolutely nothing to do with my line of work, and most of the time is the plain responsibility of the same people harassing me.

For example, I deal with mental health related problems only, but the family member is harassing me to get my patient's lawns mowed regularly (He has his lawns mowed by a friend at a discounted rate, but nope - he wants it provided for free and regularly). Nothing sinks into these people's heads, no matter how many times I have to tell them that unless it's a psychiatric issue, then I'm not responsible. The problem is that they have enduring guardianship and attorney, so I have to deal with them, and not tell em to take a hike - as they have input into the care planning.

I'm just sick of them calling me multiple times during the day just to whine and moan about how terrible I am for doing all these horrible things to their cherub and snowflakes (even if I don't make the doctor's decisions). I'm also sick of them abusing and harassing me, just because they have failed their family member, and the state had to step in and take control. This is the crux of the problem, it's about control. They couldn't give a rats about their family member, but it's because their control over them has been removed, that's why I'm getting the harassing calls. It's also not just harassment, they're blatantly lying about the treatments, and grossly interfering with the care - and then have the audacity to say that they're going to their lawyers, and continue to blame me for the grievances they have with the system.

I'm sorry to say, but it's any wonder my patients are sick, as these people are complete scum, and need to be divorced from my very unwell patients (who are more well than them). I just wish I could tell those family members to beat it.
January 24, 2018
I fuckin' hate multi-level marketing bs and their brainwashed idiot representatives. I've recently had my fakebook page spammed with a certain health and wellness company, which I won't mention here due to trolls - PM me if you want to know which one - and I am tired of it. I was invited to fill out a healthy living survey by one of these arshole people on facebook, I thought, "Hey, why not?" Only to be harassed by this person into listening to her presentation. She called me again and I told her that I wasn't interested in mlm companies, where she replied "This company isn't an mlm." Now, I'm getting nothing but these idiots on my facebook feed, and I'm not sure how to get rid of it. I'm not an avid facebook user, but it is sad and pathetic that these people try so HARD to rook you in.

After researching this particular company, I found several complaints about people being scammed out of money from their checking accounts and credit cards. The company makes it extremely hard to cancel, and some of these poor idiots are having shit sent to them that they didn't ask for, only to be billed for it. Sending it back doesn't do anything, because many people have complained that they have to pay the shipping charges to have it sent back, and the company does not refund money in a timely manner.

This particular mlm zombie wanted me to sign up, give her my credit card information over the phone, and make money while using the products. Such a bunch of crap. Oh, yeah, under almost every single complaint written online, is a commenter who avidly defends the company. Yup, more of these mlm zombies. They call people stupid because they have had trouble with cancellations / having their cards debited for shit they didn't order, etc. and while I agree that it's up to every individual to research shit and there is NO magic way to make money while sitting on your ass, the company has an obligation to make cancellation easy and not lie.
January 28, 2018
Lock the FB down to friends only. Take yourself out of the search function and block and report for MLM spamming.

If you're using Facebook at a computer (as opposed to phone), look into the FB Purity extension. It gives you a lot of control over what shows up as well as removing shit you don't care about, like trending topics, tickers, etc. You might be able to use the blacklist function to remove mlm-style ads.
January 29, 2018
Thanks guys! I rarely use Facebook, and when I do, it's nothing but loaves and advertising. It's always a big disappointment. I'm going to look into the Facebook Purity thing, because I only use a PC. I would like to use Facebook once in awhile, without having all of this spamming BS going around.
February 13, 2018
I've found that if you use FB Purity in tandem with an adblocker, it's even better. All ads nuked, plus customized FB. It's better.
June 11, 2018
Flaky millennials are starting to annoy me. I belong to a bird rescue Facebook page. I mentioned that I have a bird harness, but I've never been able to get my birds into it. This young girl approached me on Facebook and asked if I would be interested in selling her the harness. It would be a lot less expensive than purchasing it online, and it has never been used.

She has emailed me intermittently about it, but won't get back to me when she says she will about arranging a time and date to meet. I just emailed her back and told her that I will have the harness for a short time longer, and if she's no longer interested, I will donate it to the bird rescue. I also told her that my husband and I are very busy people and don't have time for this.

I usually don't get so bitchy in email, especially to strangers, but this has been going on for over a month now. I've had it!
June 12, 2018
I just received an excuse-filled email from her, saying she knows 'busy' because she has five he-loaves. Whatever. That's not an excuse to inconvenience a complete stranger for anything. I actually feel sorry for their pet bird. sad smiley Having that many loaves is never a good situation with any pet, let alone a small, defenseless animal.
June 29, 2018
I am so angry right now. angry smiley I belong to a conure group on FB, and it turns out that one of the people who belong to the group is working with a green cheek conure who has recently been seized from its owner because he was putting his cigarettes out all over it.

I'm heart broken, and I know that people can be cruel...but srsly? How could ANYBODY do this to a helpless animal? I'm so disgusted right now I could throw up.
June 30, 2018
That guy should be arrested for animal cruelty

My hate is minor in comparison but I hate people who don't know the difference between "breath" and "breathe." I just read an other-wise intelligence essay about people polluting the air with air fresheners and perfume where the author repeatedly wrote "you have to breath." Made me nuts.
July 01, 2018
bell_flower
My hate is minor in comparison but I hate people who don't know the difference between "breath" and "breathe." I just read an other-wise intelligence essay about people polluting the air with air fresheners and perfume where the author repeatedly wrote "you have to breath." Made me nuts.

That also irritates me. Don't people ever read over their work, or have editors?

Then there are people who don't know the difference between their/there/they're and your/you're and other homophones. I immediately downgrade my estimate of a person's IQ when I observe these errors.
July 13, 2018
I've noticed a tremendous amount of mistakes in print ads these days. It appears that they must just have the business do the ad itself online and submit it. They must just print it "as is". Grammar mistakes all over, and just completely wrong words that must've been the result of some auto correct suggestion. It is really pathetic. When you think about it, we probably have more college grads per capita than we ever had, yet the grammar, etc., is worst than ever before.
July 14, 2018
cfuter
I've noticed a tremendous amount of mistakes in print ads these days. It appears that they must just have the business do the ad itself online and submit it. They must just print it "as is". Grammar mistakes all over, and just completely wrong words that must've been the result of some auto correct suggestion. It is really pathetic. When you think about it, we probably have more college grads per capita than we ever had, yet the grammar, etc., is worst than ever before.

There really is little excuse for it, if you're writing in your first language. There are apps to point out spelling errors and highlight potential grammatical errors, and with autocomplete there's no need to resort to 'text speak' even on a phone. And yet so many people's writing skills don't appear to have gone much beyond fifth-grade level. Don't they take any professional pride and proofread?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login