Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Just plain hate.

Posted by catharsist 
Re: Just plain hate.
December 24, 2017
My biggest hate at the moment. My patient's vile, lying, entitled, harassing family members! angrily flogging with a whip.

I work as a community mental health case manager, and I'm harassed daily by these demanding pieces of self-righteous twats. It's so bad that I've had to restrict contact with two of the family members, as they were monopolizing all of my time with their relentless whining and blaming. It's nothing constructive at all, just complete entitled rubbish that has absolutely nothing to do with my line of work, and most of the time is the plain responsibility of the same people harassing me.

For example, I deal with mental health related problems only, but the family member is harassing me to get my patient's lawns mowed regularly (He has his lawns mowed by a friend at a discounted rate, but nope - he wants it provided for free and regularly). Nothing sinks into these people's heads, no matter how many times I have to tell them that unless it's a psychiatric issue, then I'm not responsible. The problem is that they have enduring guardianship and attorney, so I have to deal with them, and not tell em to take a hike - as they have input into the care planning.

I'm just sick of them calling me multiple times during the day just to whine and moan about how terrible I am for doing all these horrible things to their cherub and snowflakes (even if I don't make the doctor's decisions). I'm also sick of them abusing and harassing me, just because they have failed their family member, and the state had to step in and take control. This is the crux of the problem, it's about control. They couldn't give a rats about their family member, but it's because their control over them has been removed, that's why I'm getting the harassing calls. It's also not just harassment, they're blatantly lying about the treatments, and grossly interfering with the care - and then have the audacity to say that they're going to their lawyers, and continue to blame me for the grievances they have with the system.

I'm sorry to say, but it's any wonder my patients are sick, as these people are complete scum, and need to be divorced from my very unwell patients (who are more well than them). I just wish I could tell those family members to beat it.
January 24, 2018
I fuckin' hate multi-level marketing bs and their brainwashed idiot representatives. I've recently had my fakebook page spammed with a certain health and wellness company, which I won't mention here due to trolls - PM me if you want to know which one - and I am tired of it. I was invited to fill out a healthy living survey by one of these arshole people on facebook, I thought, "Hey, why not?" Only to be harassed by this person into listening to her presentation. She called me again and I told her that I wasn't interested in mlm companies, where she replied "This company isn't an mlm." Now, I'm getting nothing but these idiots on my facebook feed, and I'm not sure how to get rid of it. I'm not an avid facebook user, but it is sad and pathetic that these people try so HARD to rook you in.

After researching this particular company, I found several complaints about people being scammed out of money from their checking accounts and credit cards. The company makes it extremely hard to cancel, and some of these poor idiots are having shit sent to them that they didn't ask for, only to be billed for it. Sending it back doesn't do anything, because many people have complained that they have to pay the shipping charges to have it sent back, and the company does not refund money in a timely manner.

This particular mlm zombie wanted me to sign up, give her my credit card information over the phone, and make money while using the products. Such a bunch of crap. Oh, yeah, under almost every single complaint written online, is a commenter who avidly defends the company. Yup, more of these mlm zombies. They call people stupid because they have had trouble with cancellations / having their cards debited for shit they didn't order, etc. and while I agree that it's up to every individual to research shit and there is NO magic way to make money while sitting on your ass, the company has an obligation to make cancellation easy and not lie.
January 28, 2018
Lock the FB down to friends only. Take yourself out of the search function and block and report for MLM spamming.

If you're using Facebook at a computer (as opposed to phone), look into the FB Purity extension. It gives you a lot of control over what shows up as well as removing shit you don't care about, like trending topics, tickers, etc. You might be able to use the blacklist function to remove mlm-style ads.
January 29, 2018
Thanks guys! I rarely use Facebook, and when I do, it's nothing but loaves and advertising. It's always a big disappointment. I'm going to look into the Facebook Purity thing, because I only use a PC. I would like to use Facebook once in awhile, without having all of this spamming BS going around.
February 13, 2018
I've found that if you use FB Purity in tandem with an adblocker, it's even better. All ads nuked, plus customized FB. It's better.
June 11, 2018
Flaky millennials are starting to annoy me. I belong to a bird rescue Facebook page. I mentioned that I have a bird harness, but I've never been able to get my birds into it. This young girl approached me on Facebook and asked if I would be interested in selling her the harness. It would be a lot less expensive than purchasing it online, and it has never been used.

She has emailed me intermittently about it, but won't get back to me when she says she will about arranging a time and date to meet. I just emailed her back and told her that I will have the harness for a short time longer, and if she's no longer interested, I will donate it to the bird rescue. I also told her that my husband and I are very busy people and don't have time for this.

I usually don't get so bitchy in email, especially to strangers, but this has been going on for over a month now. I've had it!
June 12, 2018
I just received an excuse-filled email from her, saying she knows 'busy' because she has five he-loaves. Whatever. That's not an excuse to inconvenience a complete stranger for anything. I actually feel sorry for their pet bird. sad smiley Having that many loaves is never a good situation with any pet, let alone a small, defenseless animal.
June 29, 2018
I am so angry right now. angry smiley I belong to a conure group on FB, and it turns out that one of the people who belong to the group is working with a green cheek conure who has recently been seized from its owner because he was putting his cigarettes out all over it.

I'm heart broken, and I know that people can be cruel...but srsly? How could ANYBODY do this to a helpless animal? I'm so disgusted right now I could throw up.
June 30, 2018
That guy should be arrested for animal cruelty

My hate is minor in comparison but I hate people who don't know the difference between "breath" and "breathe." I just read an other-wise intelligence essay about people polluting the air with air fresheners and perfume where the author repeatedly wrote "you have to breath." Made me nuts.
July 01, 2018
bell_flower
My hate is minor in comparison but I hate people who don't know the difference between "breath" and "breathe." I just read an other-wise intelligence essay about people polluting the air with air fresheners and perfume where the author repeatedly wrote "you have to breath." Made me nuts.

That also irritates me. Don't people ever read over their work, or have editors?

Then there are people who don't know the difference between their/there/they're and your/you're and other homophones. I immediately downgrade my estimate of a person's IQ when I observe these errors.
July 13, 2018
I've noticed a tremendous amount of mistakes in print ads these days. It appears that they must just have the business do the ad itself online and submit it. They must just print it "as is". Grammar mistakes all over, and just completely wrong words that must've been the result of some auto correct suggestion. It is really pathetic. When you think about it, we probably have more college grads per capita than we ever had, yet the grammar, etc., is worst than ever before.
July 14, 2018
cfuter
I've noticed a tremendous amount of mistakes in print ads these days. It appears that they must just have the business do the ad itself online and submit it. They must just print it "as is". Grammar mistakes all over, and just completely wrong words that must've been the result of some auto correct suggestion. It is really pathetic. When you think about it, we probably have more college grads per capita than we ever had, yet the grammar, etc., is worst than ever before.

There really is little excuse for it, if you're writing in your first language. There are apps to point out spelling errors and highlight potential grammatical errors, and with autocomplete there's no need to resort to 'text speak' even on a phone. And yet so many people's writing skills don't appear to have gone much beyond fifth-grade level. Don't they take any professional pride and proofread?
July 17, 2018
Clothes shopping online is getting to be a PITA. I hate going to malls, so I do a lot of my shopping online. Why is it that most stores either carry things that are cut completely WRONG for anyone who isn't a stick bug, low-cut, short, unflattering, or they are dowdy, shapeless and too maternal looking?

Some of the clothes I've seen are so over-the-top and ridiculous, that NOBODY would be caught dead wearing that shit!

I may be forty-nine, but I sure as hell don't want to dress like an old bag, and I don't want to look like I shop at "Whores R Us" either! angry smiley

Yes, I said whores. I know it isn't PC, I'm aware it's slut-shaming but it's how I feel. No, I don't WANT to look like a 12 year old Catholic schoolgirl, but I don't want to look like I have no figure, either!

Where is the middle ground here? Imma go and bitch in the Closet. I think I remember seeing a thread there about this sort of stuff.

I'm not shopping for cheap-o stuff made in China, either. I'm looking at Canadian and American stores. I prefer to shop Canadian, because I want to support my country.

I don't see anyone walking around in those clown suits I've been seeing! Yikes!

I just want to add that I'm certainly not going to buy some stupid handbag designed by a woman who sucked a president's cock, either! I'm looking at YOU, Winners...(not online, but in their damned store!)
July 19, 2018
Mum, I've rediscovered StenMart lately and you may want to check them out.

I'm fortunate to have physical locations near me so I can try on slacks before I buy them. (Or return without shipping charges.) Slacks are a big problem for me. I'm a 12 right now (sigh, stress) and an hourglass figure. Many slacks are wrong for me.

They are on-line and they have decent presentable choices at reasonable prices.
July 19, 2018
Watch for sales at Talbots. Regular prices can lean towards expensive, but they have classic styles that are appropriate for work. The garments wash and wear well, too--a few tops I bought five or six years ago still look good. They have both online and brick and mortar stores, and I have called a store to ask questions about something I saw in their catalog, and was pleasantly surprised with how well the salespeople know the products they sell. Usually their trouser inseams are too short for me (I'm 5'-7") but shirts and blouses are just fine.
July 19, 2018
Southwest US monsoon season. My friicken' power is out. Thank God for batteries and and cell phone hot spots. If it goes on to long I may have to hunt down a coffee shop.

Why is the world filled with lazy, stupid, incompetent idiots who can't do a damn thing right? I am having issues with Amazon and Ulta. Amazon said I could keep all my uploaded music after my subscription ended (they are retiring the service). Over the past several days a bunch of my songs have kept disappearing. Ulta keeps changing or losing my home address, nobody has a fucking clue why, and they don't want to investigate. I spend a ton of money at both places and now I'm pissed at both. I'm sick of having to keep calling and e-mailing the fucking idiots.

My 2014 taxes were screwed up. My income was under reported. I got a notice from the federal government in 2016. I had a hell of a time getting Liberty Taxes to get off their butt and fix it right. Recently the fine state of Fuckassona (Arizona) came looking for their share. I have a much better accountant now. She looked at my crap, but it turns out Liberty did not include copies of my W2 forms with the stuff they gave me. If I can get the state W2 I might be able to pay less. So now I have to call the Liberty assholes again. I can't wait.

People never used to screw up this much. Modern life sucks.
July 22, 2018

People never used to screw up this much. Modern life sucks.

And what's the common denominator for modern life? Computers. The people who are developing IT systems and implementing them have no idea what's going on at the front line. And the workers often don't know either. I see this where I work. I'm an old timer and having worked in a manual system, aka, get a pick ticket, go to the warehouse and get it yourself, or compute a demand cycle yourself, or put together a purchase order yourself, I have a good sense of what's happening but younger folks don't.

Too many people are nothing more than trained monkeys who are working in an IT system. it's also management's fault because they want you to shut up and be a trained monkey--you might actually ask a question they can't answer and they just want to look good.

I don't think everyone is a moron; some are, but some just aren't trained very well and they have no idea what they are doing. And doG forbid if the system is wrong or they get an outlier. They have no skills to troubleshoot anything. I am SO TIRED of dealing with CSRs who say "my pleasure!" and all the buzz-words but they have no authority to fix anything.

My fallback for stuff is a certified letter. For example, my internet provider was not charging me per my contract. After phone calls, I just got fed up and sent a certified letter, you know, something someone actually has to sign for. I attached a copy of my contract and they finally corrected my monthly rate. I gave up trying to get them to correct the previous months' charges.

I'm going to start doing that sooner.
July 22, 2018
Thanks, guys, for the shopping tips! I checked out Talbot's, and it looks like they have some really nice clothes there.

As for people fucking up, Ondinette, I'm right there with you. I ordered a bunch of stuff from Amazon Canada last March, and a lot of what I ordered was either wrong, got lost in the mail, or damaged. I'm sooo pissed off! When I contacted Amazon to complain, I was treated like a jerk.

I did read an article on the net, that says that Amazon workers are run hard and put away wet. They are not paid very well, either. I won't be purchasing anything more from there, except for the odd book. A lot of their shit comes from China too, but it doesn't say that specifically when you read the product description. I ordered a flush mount light fixture for the kitchen, and it's not even certified in Canada! I have to send it back.
July 27, 2018
yurble
cfuter

There really is little excuse for it, if you're writing in your first language. There are apps to point out spelling errors and highlight potential grammatical errors, and with autocomplete there's no need to resort to 'text speak' even on a phone. And yet so many people's writing skills don't appear to have gone much beyond fifth-grade level. Don't they take any professional pride and proofread?

First of all, people refuse to proofread. I sounded like a broken record at work about it, but time and time again, people would submit obvious shit. You would think they would be embarrassed, or just frustrated with me giving it back each time, but no.

Last week, I got a flyer that was done by neighbors I guess, about rats in the neighborhood. They were Caucasian and looked like English was their first language. There were so many crazy mistakes, blatantly incorrect words (once again, I'm guessing some sort of auto suggestion and the wrong word being highlighted), I almost felt like flagging 'em down and telling 'em I couldn't take the flyer seriously w/ so many mistakes on it. There must've been like 15 errors, and it was only a few brief paragraphs on 3/4's of a sheet of paper,.
July 31, 2018
It's why I hate when people want to jump on the case of those who point out grammatical errors on forums and websites. Yes, I am aware that this isn't a thesis paper, but you spend way more time on comment sections and forums. If instead of relying on shortcuts and not caring about using the proper homophone, you proofread and write correctly, then when it's time to actually write an academic paper or a grant proposal or something, you're not in the habit of constant grammatical errors. I graduated undergrad 11 years ago, but even back then, people were using the wrong there/they're/their and other stupid errors unbecoming of a college student, so an A paper went down to a C. Nowadays when nothing is ever the fault of the student, they'd probably complain loudly on social media until the school caves.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
July 31, 2018
cfuter
Last week, I got a flyer that was done by neighbors I guess, about rats in the neighborhood. They were Caucasian and looked like English was their first language. There were so many crazy mistakes, blatantly incorrect words (once again, I'm guessing some sort of auto suggestion and the wrong word being highlighted), I almost felt like flagging 'em down and telling 'em I couldn't take the flyer seriously w/ so many mistakes on it. There must've been like 15 errors, and it was only a few brief paragraphs on 3/4's of a sheet of paper,.

Red pen it and give it back to them. winking smiley
August 03, 2018
When I see people mistaking "Their, there and they're" in their writing, it makes me not take them seriously and I automatically think they are idiots. This is GRAMMAR school stuff! Yikes! Grammatical errors are so common these days, and I suspect it's got something to do with people using too much 'text speak' and not paying attention in school. It's either that, or people really ARE getting dumber.

Also, when I check out websites for dietary ideas, I can't stand seeing people using the word "loosing" instead of "losing" weight. I get so irritated by "This product really CURVES my appetite!" GAH.

I'm not perfect with grammar myself, but this is simple grade-school stuff.
August 08, 2018
mumofsixbirds
"This product really CURVES my appetite!"

For many years I've observed people making basic homonym mistakes, like they're/their/there and your/you're, as well as common usage mistakes like lay/lie, but lately I'm noticing this new inability to distinguish consonants, especially d and t. I've seen confusion between 'passed' and 'past' as well as the cringy "For all intends and purposes".
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login