Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Just plain hate.

Posted by catharsist 
Re: Just plain hate.
August 09, 2018
Speakers saying "suppose-a-bly" instead of supposedly is another annoying one.

One of the stranger mistakes I've recently heard was using the word foreclosure instead of closure in describing the grief process of a relative, as in "Mom needs to understand Dad is gone, and get some foreclosure with the situation."
December 11, 2018
I need to rail on lotion pumps. Why in the fuck are these monstrosities everywhere now, popping up on all sorts of products that are better left alone? They NEVER work properly. I do all the YouTube tricks to unlock them, the first step being to take the damn thing off the container, wash the straw and then unlock it while holding the neck, which of course contaminates the contents and totally defeats the purpose. I recently wrestled with one that went clockwise instead of counter clockwise.

And once you get the fucker unlocked, forget taking it anywhere because it pops back up in your bag and runs all over everything. So you have to buy ANOTHER container to put the contents in if you want to take it anywhere.

That's presuming you don't have to transfer it to another container because it just stopped working. That happens at least 80% of the time. It just stops pumping or the straw breaks and won't go back together.

Why can't lotions be in a squeezy bottle? Just another "modern convenience" that's a stupid idea.
December 16, 2018
Idiots spelling "paid" as "payed". I see it on Reddit all the time now. Also with "on accident" instead of "by accident".
January 31, 2019
What is up with the ugly-ass jeans that are primarily marketed to women?

Let's start with the resurgence of mom jeans. Why in the hell would anyone think these were ever a good idea? I hated those things when I was a kid. I have a very short torso, and high-waisted jeans make me look like a Fresno nightcrawler.

Next up, boyfriend jeans. Lord, are they hideous. They are shapeless and covered in holes. I can see someone maybe doing a grunge throwback look, but that's it. I see 30-and-40-something women wearing these with normal shirts and shoes. It's a look that says, "I've given up"!

I'll take skinny or straight-legged jeans with a mid-rise any day over these travesties.

LucyTrainWreck
What is up with the ugly-ass jeans that are primarily marketed to women?

Let's start with the resurgence of mom jeans. Why in the hell would anyone think these were ever a good idea? I hated those things when I was a kid. I have a very short torso, and high-waisted jeans make me look like a Fresno nightcrawler.

Next up, boyfriend jeans. Lord, are they hideous. They are shapeless and covered in holes. I can see someone maybe doing a grunge throwback look, but that's it. I see 30-and-40-something women wearing these with normal shirts and shoes. It's a look that says, "I've given up"!

I'll take skinny or straight-legged jeans with a mid-rise any day over these travesties.

As a long torso person, I am kinda glad to see higher rises; less plumbers' smiles and I no longer need a second hairdo to wear jeans. However, we don't need super high rises.

Ditto on boyfriend jeans. Baggy=sloppy with or without holes and tears.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login