Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Work Rant

Posted by Matush 
Matush
Work Rant
February 27, 2008
So here's the story. Last year, a girl approached a bunch of us and said she was looking for a position at our company. So a bunch of people bend over backwards and get her a job here.

Well a few weeks ago she goes on this rant about how much she hates it here because she has to do everything herself (ie, she can't pawn off tasks to lower level people), she has to work weekends, and how someone who was somewhat lower than her when she started (they're now at the same level) got an office just because he worked at the company longer (truth is that he was always at the same level as her but they don't do promotions till one's review period. I knew he was getting promoted for months).

I'm leaving the company in a few days and she pulled me aside and asked if I can help her get a job at my new company. I will absolutely not help her get a job there. I refuse to work with someone so entitlement minded who thinks she is so above grunt work. I can honestly say the new job is not the right fit for her because I am working in a very small department in house (I currently work in client services and am moving in-house) and I can tell that I will be working my ass off at my new job. Trust me, compared to most places my new job is pretty even paced (FYI I'm leaving due to better grown opportunity). Most people here leave by 6. It's not our fault she is such a piss poor manager of her time.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login