Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Miss England

Posted by mercurior 
Miss England
March 20, 2008
First size 16 model in Miss England finals says she wants to boost 'curvy' girls
Last updated at 18:57pm on 20th March 2008

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=540732&in_page_id=1770

A 16-year-old girl tipped to be the next Sophie Dahl has become the first size 16 model to be selected as a finalist for the Miss England competition.

Chloe Marshall was today chosen over seven other girls to take the title of Miss Surrey at the local finals in Liphook, Hants, and will now go on to the Miss England finals.

Sweet 16: Chloe Marshall is the first size 16 model to become a Miss England finalist

The beauty therapy student, who was signed by Models Plus model agency, said she decided to become a model to give reassurance and a confidence boost to other "curvy" girls.

Chloe, from Guildford, said: "It's really exciting, I'm really, really happy. I'm lost for words, I started to cry and everything. I'm over the moon.

"I wanted to go through to the Miss England finals to break through the stereotype that you have to be tall and skinny.

"I wanted to make a bit of a statement. When I studied the other entrants for the Miss Surrey competition I concluded that pretty as the contestants were, they were equally all uniformly blonde and Barbie doll like.

Chloe beat seven other girls to the Miss Surrey title at the local finals today

"I want to show girls out there that it is possible to be beautiful and not a standard sized zero.

"My mum is really happy and proud of me that I am doing something not just for myself but other people as well and my friends are really supportive, they can't stop going on about it."

Stevie Walters, of Models Plus, said that Chloe has a "luscious" figure at 5ft 10in, a size 16 and 38DD bustline.

She added: "Chloe is gorgeous-looking and we are sure she will be snapped up by fashion companies who want to project a realistic and achievable image to their customers."

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login