Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Stupid response to school review

Posted by Cambion 
Stupid response to school review
August 06, 2008
Not sure if this was appropriate for the Bratfree forum, so I put it in here for good measure.

I got bored and was looking for reviews on my old high school, and I decided to submit my own review. I kept it concise and as professional as possible - I had both good and bad things to say.

In a nutshell, I praised the teaching staff because they are all very knowledgable and fair. I had some bad things to say about the office staff, basically describing in the nicest possible way that the vice-principal and principal were more interested in suspending and expelling people than they were in helping kids graduate. And this is very true, but moreso for the vice-principal. If you were not the ideal student to him or if you stood up to him or told him off, he would look for ways to get you into trouble or make up new rules in order to make trouble for you. The honor students and the athletes were the apple of his eye, but his side hobby was making the less-than-stellar students' lives miserable.

A couple days later, I got a response back from the review site admin. The email I got has since been deleted, but this was what they said to me: "We appreciate your review, but we cannot publish it. We prefer reviewers to focus on the positive attributes of the schools they review. Thanks".

Uhh...what? They basically told me to re-submit my review without the negative comments. Now maybe this is just me, but if you were looking into potential high schools and happened across some reviews on said schools, would you not want to know the ups and the downs of each school? No school is perfect and I think the flaws of schools should be highlighted as much as the upsides.

Needless to say, I will not re-submitting my review. I'm not going to lie by omission. I understand they probably figured I wrote the review based on some personal issues I had with the staff (which I did have issues with them), but I was not writing in anger. I was not the only person to fall victim to the vice-Nazi's assholery.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login