Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Have you seen this at all?

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Have you seen this at all?
August 07, 2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUSzQBaWq0Q

Someone took this off Disneys 'the little mermaid'.
Fabulous piece of animation IMO.
Re: Have you seen this at all?
August 08, 2008
The saccharine facial expressions are a little much. What attracted you to this, if anythinng other than the animation?

i've always been extremely partial to the trippy backgrounds in Sleeping Beauty.
Anonymous User
August 08, 2008
Mainly because it stuck to the story line almost dead on (save for the change of locale). Frankly, it had quite an impact on me.
The guy who was responsible had to fight tooth and nail to have the ending as it is now. Main disney just wanted your typical really happy ending, the kid would have been allright. Not in this case. Not everything turns out good.
From what I learned, Hans Christian Andersons mom almost died in similar cirumstances. (I got this from some website looking at this animation in greater detail.)
RoseRed, if you would be interested in similar is the Japanese anime 'Grave of the fireflies'. Looked at the indifference and nastiness of Japanese society during the war.
I do not rejoice in the death of kids. It is one of the reasons I rant as much as I do. Under it all, I watch selfish adult behaviour and realize the devastating impact it can have on kids.. which, in turn, can come down through the generations. This depravity has to start somewhere...
Good to see you here RR..
Anonymous User
August 09, 2008
Grave of the Fireflies was amazing. I actually cried!
Anonymous User
August 10, 2008
I love it when people have the balls to keep the endings of such fairytales as this real and not give in to the breeders who want all stories to have happy endings and not even mention death or poverty or illness, lest it traumatise their widdle pweshus.
I read The Little Match Girl many times as a child and it always affected me, but in a good way. I also saw Bambi's mother and Simba's father die, and surprise surprise, it didn't leave me needing therapy.
August 12, 2008
two cents ¢¢ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > I do not rejoice in the death of kids. It is one
> of the reasons I rant as much as I do. Under it
> all, I watch selfish adult behaviour and realize
> the devastating impact it can have on kids..
> which, in turn, can come down through the
> generations. This depravity has to start
> somewhere...
> .
> Good to see you here RR..

thanks! I will check out your recommendation. I do wish more peole would use the patio....also you are dead on about the cycle of selfishness. Totally. i always enjoy your posts- you put things into just the right words-
Anonymous User
August 12, 2008
Rose Red Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> two cents ¢¢ Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > > I do not rejoice in the death of kids. It is
> one
> > of the reasons I rant as much as I do. Under it
> > all, I watch selfish adult behaviour and
> realize
> > the devastating impact it can have on kids..
> > which, in turn, can come down through the
> > generations. This depravity has to start
> > somewhere...
> > .
> > Good to see you here RR..
>
> thanks! I will check out your recommendation. I
> do wish more peole would use the patio....also you
> are dead on about the cycle of selfishness.
> Totally. i always enjoy your posts- you put
> things into just the right words-

Thanks... I try... to use the term from 'Reliquary'.. to be a 'scriblerian'..

BTW, that is a series of books that I found quite spooky. (The movie was only so-so, but the books can raise the hackles.) By a collaberation between Lincold Child and Preston (I think)
'Relic' and 'Reliquary', Reliquary being the sequel.
If you like any of the other Pendergast novels, I think this marks his first appearance.

I should also have added the pointer that these damaged children that these asshole parunts produce impact the rest of us, a fact we are sadly too much aware of..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login