Posted by Dorisan 
Picture of the Loch Ness Monster?
April 19, 2014
Kind of looks like a whale shark to me

LINK

Re: Picture of the Loch Ness Monster?
April 19, 2014
Apparently, it's the wake of a boat.

I can't believe people actually think there's a dinosaur in Loch Ness.

--------------

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it."
George Bernard Shaw

"An oyster can play catch if u only give it the oprotunity"
Some random YouTube commenter

"hate comments will be deleted!! fuckers!"
Some random YouTube uploader

April 22, 2014
It actually looks like a giant plecostamus. I have three of them. From the top, they look identical to what's in the pic.
April 24, 2014
mumofsixbirds
It actually looks like a giant plecostamus. I have three of them. From the top, they look identical to what's in the pic.

That stirred a vague memory of when I kept an aquarium as a teen. Plecos can get BIG. My grandmother wouldn't allow me to have them because "they're sharks; they'll eat the other fish!" None of my insistence that they'll actually go after the algae that grew on the sides of the tank would sway her. She was also mortally terrified of Kuhli Loaches and absolutely would not allow me to have those. "THOSE ARE SNAKES!!" she screeched. "THEY'LL CRAWL OUT OF THE TANK AND BITE SOMEONE!!"

*sigh* Talk about a dolt. I had to stick to guppies sad smiley
April 25, 2014
Dorisan
mumofsixbirds

That stirred a vague memory of when I kept an aquarium as a teen. Plecos can get BIG. My grandmother wouldn't allow me to have them because "they're sharks; they'll eat the other fish!" None of my insistence that they'll actually go after the algae that grew on the sides of the tank would sway her. She was also mortally terrified of Kuhli Loaches and absolutely would not allow me to have those. "THOSE ARE SNAKES!!" she screeched. "THEY'LL CRAWL OUT OF THE TANK AND BITE SOMEONE!!"

*sigh* Talk about a dolt. I had to stick to guppies sad smiley

That's too bad, Dorisan, it sounds like your grandmother was afraid of anything that looked different. I also have three loaches, two clown loaches and one I can't identify. They are really cool! I have a slew of bottom feeders, including loaches, catfish and plecos. They are amazing to watch, and incredible at keeping my aquarium glass clean.

People have the strangest ideas when it comes to aquatic creatures, don't they? bouncing and laughing
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login