Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Media Propaganda on Women and Breeding Age:litebulb

Posted by peace-n-quiet 
Media Propaganda on Women and Breeding Age:litebulb
May 22, 2014
I have seen a lot of stuff in the media about how HAAAAAAAARDDDD it is for women over 35 or 40 to breed. Basically, they just want women to breed early and often. This media drama seemed to start when I was in high school. It was all over Oprah and other talk shows about women being so heartbroken that they could not breed now.

Throughout history, women have bred past this age with no problem. Women would breed up until menopause and go right back to working in the farmhouse and in the fields. What is with this modern hysteria?!

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
"I have found little that is 'good' about human beings on the whole. In my experience most of them are trash, no matter whether they publicly subscribe to this or that ethical doctrine or to none at all."
~Sigmund Freud
Breeding early cripples a woman for life. It keeps her chained and prevents her from advancing. The saying goes that wherever you are in life when you have kids is where you will be for the rest of your life, which is why the cycle of poverty is a thing.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
Re: Media Propaganda on Women and Breeding Age:litebulb
May 23, 2014
My husband and his SIL were born to a mother who was over 40. This many decades ago. They turned out fine (well his sister is kind of a nut, but I blame other factors for that).

I think the "breed young or regret it FOREVER!" message is so insulting to women in general, but sadly I don't think most women see it that way. Most don't seem to see that this is emotionally manipulative propaganda designed to get people breeding and consuming. The implication is always that the 40 year old woman is so "selfish" because she skipped out on breeding in her younger years in order to have a career. Message: You're not selfish, are you?

I believe that nature is trying to tell us to slow down with the breeding. Actually I think it's probably a combo of this and maybe even environmental factors (chemicals in the air, water, food supply etc.) that are influencing infertility. Instead of listening, we devise ever more ways to "treat" infertility and continue to add more numbers to the exploding population.
Re: Media Propaganda on Women and Breeding Age:litebulb
May 23, 2014
They're trying to foster insecurity. Clearly, the natalists are freaking out about declining birth rates.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login