Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dealing with death threats from "pro-lifers"

Posted by evilchildlessbitch 
Dealing with death threats from "pro-lifers"
September 01, 2014
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but it doesn't really have anything to do directly with being CF but I don't know where else to ask for advice. In the past few months I have been writing for a pro-choice site. I have already been picked up once by Jill Stanek and that Life Site News chick. Nobody linked to them or in any way led them to the post. What followed was awful. The blog is not mine so it all came through a site registered to somebody else that they forwarded to me. The usual nasty comments I expected. What I didn't expect was death threats and these morons attempting to "out" me since I publish under an alias. I just wrote another blog post that is going up in an hour or so and expect more of the same since it is really snarky. I can deal with the criticism on other blogs but the death threats freak me out. What is the best way todeal with this shit?
Re: Dealing with death threats from "pro-lifers"
September 01, 2014
Police. Many departments have cyber detectives that can trace - and charge - the threatening posters.

Other step is to find IP's then trace them to the ISP. Many ISP do enforce their terms of service and will toss the violator.

Take your own precautions at home. Get a good monitored security system.

If you have a gun, go practice with it. Many ranges offer simple self defense courses, not just firearms but basic martial arts for women.

I would do what thom_c suggested but being the bitch I am I would have to throw a bit of gasoline on the fire. I would post the death threats on the blog for all to see and point out what hypocrites they are. They claim to value life but have no problem with your death and they most likely support the death penalty.

Gotta love hypocrisy :drkbddy
September 03, 2014
addiea raine
I would do what thom_c suggested but being the bitch I am I would have to throw a bit of gasoline on the fire. I would post the death threats on the blog for all to see and point out what hypocrites they are. They claim to value life but have no problem with your death and they most likely support the death penalty.

Gotta love hypocrisy :drkbddy

Yup. Post the threats and their IP if it can be defined (some of those POS will go through an anonymous channel). Let them be hoisted on their own petard.

Trolling and flames is one thing, death threats are not to be tolerated.
September 04, 2014
Law enoforcement is the best way to go. Many police departments have units that handle this sort of thing. Call the one in your area and ask them and if they don't, ask where you can get assistance on cybercrime matters. In some places, it's handled by state police or even the state attorney general's office. Insults are one thing, but threating to hurt someone is going too far.
September 04, 2014
Switch your phone and net to ATT - no one will ever be able to find you! Not even them.

I'm not even being a smart ass here.

Other ideas - I do not know much about 'puter stuff, someone else did all mine for me.

Are you a Pro Writer or do you plan to continue with it? Incorporate yourself. This is not too much $. Pick an obscure biz name. Put phone in biz name, use a billing address *only*. Get a PO box. If they want a physical address - 123 Fake Office Park Blvd. Suite 000. Give 'em a fake one.

If they ask too many questions - find a phone / net provider who doesn't.

All my 'work stuff' is on separate systems that are completely 'closed'. Again, work mate did all that. For my 'fun' things like this place - I'm on the neighbor's wifi (they let me, and that is also 'obscured' somehow or part of some - network? I'm not sure. H Neighbor is also some kind of IT person.)

There are 'tech ways' to hide yourself, there are paperwork / biz ways too. Which in some ways might be easier, and you may need such things / incorporate anyway.

Try not to worry too much. Consider it a call to 'change your stuff around'. Easy enough to do, too. I'm sure plenty of other people here will have tips for you too.
September 05, 2014
I heard a funny thing today, that might give you a laugh anyway ~

I and Friend were discussing Biz Phone Systems. I know - it's all part of that Wild N Crazee CF Swingin Lifestyle, I don't mean to inspire any jealousy here or anything, so everybody keep a grip on themselves ok? Spesh You Lurking Moos.

So my friend calls me multiple times to 'try out their new phone system'. Friend works at Mid Size Stuffy Corp Place. Call me back. Uh, I got your voice mail, bye.

She calls me again - well at least your correct ID came up - which would be under a Biz name, that did come up correctly, which I guess is some whiz bang thing because in the past my phone number would come up as a local hospital.

Another fine ATT product!

Yeah, your phone's not working right because I got bounced right to voice mail. She said they had a 'training class' on this and got a bunch of 'instructions' on it which is like 200 pgs of - mysterious garble, I guess. And how it all meshes with the various systems - I guess it's a confusing mess.

So she's getting pissed and then says - What's next? You're sitting on the toilet, the shit starts ringing?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

LOL FUNNEE! HA grinning smiley

Got a laugh over that, anyway.
September 06, 2014
"Pro-lifers" are sending you... death threats? And the irony of this never crosses their minds?

Wow. I guess your life doesn't matter to them unless it's being used to curb someone else's freedom.

--------------

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it."
George Bernard Shaw

"An oyster can play catch if u only give it the oprotunity"
Some random YouTube commenter

"hate comments will be deleted!! fuckers!"
Some random YouTube uploader

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login