Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

We are moving on...

Posted by cfbitchfromla 
We are moving on...
May 09, 2015
As you all know, mom passsed away months ago and it left Tony and I somewhat adrift in LA. His family, like mine, is small and we don't talk to them very much. With the real estate market coming back somewhat, and interest in our neighborhood (and especially the huge back yard we have!), we decided to sell the house and move out of the Los Angeles area for good. Both of us have worked continuously since college, and both of us have amassed a nest egg. Tony paid off his house and so did I, so we sold his house too.

We looked around, and we decided to move to Provence, and we bought a very small house on the outskirts of a beautiful little town called L'Isle sur la Sorgue, which looks like someone took Venice and a small village in Provence, threw them in a blender and served. It's really charming, and we can both continue to work part-time. I will continue to be a senior partner in my ad firm, and Tony will continue to consult (I think they call it "of counsel" in law) for his firm and will retain his partnership interest.

With everyone gone and with LA going down the shitter, it was time to get out and enjoy life. We are both in our late 40s/early 50s, and we didn't want to waste time with another two decades of busting our asses just for an almighty buck. We have plenty, and we will massively downscale our life to be simpler and less confusing.

LA fucking sucks, and this rat race has taken its toll on us physically and emotionally. We are moving on July 1st, and I don't need to tell everyone how damned excited we are to finally leave the weirdness of Granolafornia.

Will keep you all updated.
Re: We are moving on...
May 09, 2015
cfbitchfromla
L'Isle sur la Sorgue

Googled it. Wow doh face
The rivers, the markets .. the terrain looks a bit like southern California, without the nastiness.

Please keep us updated - WITH PICTURES. It looks like you two are about to embark on a wonderful second life. thumbs upwink
May 09, 2015
Wow it sounds FABULOUS!

:beer

How exciting!

I hope to do something sim soon myself. Mine would be "Moving To The Wilderness". Well, not too far, but close to it, a 'Hobby Farm' or something like that. Wait - Lazy Urban Hipster is going to do this? Yes Ma'am! I grew up in Mid MI, I'm like a Lower Canadian smiling smiley
And yes I can hunt and fish thumbs upwink

I LOVE the outdoors and miss it! In my 'Scenic Pix' thread here, on the site there in, I saw all these pix of the "Isle of Skye" in Scotland. WOW. This also reminded me in some ways of the forests, beaches, and wilderness of mid - upper MI.

It's kind of a vague plan and I'm researching it all for now. It's fun to think and plan, isn't it? smiling smiley

I'm keeping my mind open and we shall see ~
What are everyone else's plans?

This is inspirational to me!

Congrats again! smiling smiley

:bal
May 12, 2015
I am sooo jealous! I hate Southern California and can't wait to get the fuck out of here too. Good for you!
May 17, 2015
How awesome is this? Good for both of you! Best of luck in your new digs! :jump
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login