Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

downs girl changes daily routine, becomes a model confused smiley

Posted by exile 
downs girl changes daily routine, becomes a model confused smiley
May 20, 2015
im not sure if this is a good or bad thing, its great that a person with downs decided to do something about their appearance and lifestyle, which I didn't even know was possible for a downs person to take control of, even making a carer out of modelling now, but on the other hand, is this the start of mainstream media using downs people as *the norm* to set an example?

also, dose she get paid as much as any other female model, and if so, dose it have to go through a public trustee or guardian, or does she have full control over her money?

video link

her video is called Redefining Beauty Standards: One Girl's Message Of Acceptance.

I question if changing as much about oneself as is physically possible to be considered more normal and thus more acceptable, is really considered redefining beauty standards?
Re: downs girl changes daily routine, becomes a model confused smiley
May 20, 2015
exile
im not sure if this is a good or bad thing, its great that a person with downs decided to do something about their appearance and lifestyle, which I didn't even know was possible for a downs person to take control of, even making a carer out of modelling now, but on the other hand, is this the start of mainstream media using downs people as *the norm* to set an example?

also, dose she get paid as much as any other female model, and if so, dose it have to go through a public trustee or guardian, or does she have full control over her money?

video link

her video is called Redefining Beauty Standards: One Girl's Message Of Acceptance.

I question if changing as much about oneself as is physically possible to be considered more normal and thus more acceptable, is really considered redefining beauty standards?

To answer your question, changing yourself is not "redefining" standards of beauty. It's actually the opposite--you are conforming to current standards by changing yourself, not redefining anything.

"I'm changing myself in order to look more mainstream, thus redefining the standard for others," is a contradiction.
May 20, 2015
youtuber
DutchessSarahJ
12 hours ago · Shared publicly

So if you don't have anything positive to say, prepare for Internet War....

I just wanted to share this commenters quote that's been thumbs up to the top of the page, OK so we're not aloud to have an honest opinion about a female/downs person, so we need to not bombard her with reality's view of her/achievements? Just because they might not be all positive... Stupid

Also I wonder how much of this change was her handlers descison?
May 20, 2015
Those model shots of her are very photoshopped. I can see the digital enhancements immediately. She is just average looking, even with the layers of makeup and photoshop. She thinks she is special because she's a tard model.
May 20, 2015
Earlier today I redefined my manicure when I went to close the car door -

And bent all the nails on my left hand backwards angry smiley

Was this painful? Yes. Very. sad smiley

I get modeling contract and retard checks now?
May 20, 2015
exile

I don't even know her to accept or reject her, is this some sort of quest for online acceptance or validation? It just seems hopelessly shallow to me as I don't know her from a hole in the wall.
I really don't understand videos/commercials asking us to "accept" a certain person. Invite them over for dinner? Sing kumbayah while holding hands around a fire? What does this acceptance mean exactly? And why should strangers have to accept strangers anyways? Unless I know the person what difference does it make? And what about all the people who act all accepting and happy yet abuse their pets, family members, friends, or only act that way as a ruse to hide their prejudice?

I'd much rather do or say something nice to someone else just for the sake of doing it, expecting nothing in return other than to brighten someone else's day. I think this would collectively have much more of an impact on others than videos wanting acceptance. The vast majority of people will only do something for others as long as it serves their best interests (volunteering only to obtain bragging rights and then bragging about it at every opportunity is very common where I live).

Other than in grade school I doubt there is much to this argument of acceptance. Once we become adults most people are much too self-absorbed to be concerned with whether or not they accept the people they see everyday.

Because I do reject the FartBook and minion followers, along with people who prove to me they are stupid or not worth knowing. Seems this is most of her audience!
May 20, 2015
She is no more model material than I am. And I ain't. thumbs updown
May 20, 2015
blondie
She is no more model material than I am. And I ain't. thumbs updown

Well, maybe if you do something really stupid and brag about it really really hard someone will make you a specul
sneauflake model! We all can do this together!:GOMIIMOG
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login