Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Loving it here in France!

Posted by cfbitchfromla 
Loving it here in France!
July 18, 2015
After all of the shit we had to do to get to the point, Tony and I are finally settled in France. We only have about 40% of the furniture, but we are buying antiques slowly and having more fun shopping around at French marche aux puces (can't get those DAMNED accent thingies to work!) buying a piece here and there. Getting to know our closest neighbor, who lives about 0.5 km South and we are gardening up a storm!

You have no idea just how quiet, how clean and how blissfully BRATFREE this area is! Our one neighbor to the north (about 1.5 km) does have two Og-replicants, but they are quite well behaved and we saw the mom going after the youngest boy for not standing up when we came over to say hello while we were walking around on the roads. She offered us some tea and we enjoyed actual adult conversation on the outdoor patio while the boy politely and quietly read a book in the other room. They're so far away we never hear them. Neighbors to the south are an older gay couple who raise chickens in a small coop and they welcomed us with a classic chicken dish. WOW. What a difference an actual cook makes!

We are taking our assimilation slowly, and neither of us has worked much outside of a few meetings here and there via webcon. What we found out is that life in LA FUCKING SUCKS and we're glad to be out of it.

Will keep writing as our adventure continues.
Re: Loving it here in France!
July 18, 2015
Lucky! So happy for you! :jump
Send pictures when you can!
July 18, 2015
Sounds dreamy! Thanks for the update and keep us posted.
July 18, 2015
So good to hear! That is so awesome! Sounds like you are living the dream. :jump
July 20, 2015
Can I ask how long you lived in L.A.? Were you a transplant or were you originally from there? I live about an hour north, am not from here originally, and I FUCKING HATE IT. My boyfriend LOVES it here with a passion usually reserved for mistresses and childhood pets, and I just don't get it. It's the worst place on earth, and I've lived in a LOT of places.

Why does it suck here so bad??
July 26, 2015
starbelly
Can I ask how long you lived in L.A.? Were you a transplant or were you originally from there? I live about an hour north, am not from here originally, and I FUCKING HATE IT. My boyfriend LOVES it here with a passion usually reserved for mistresses and childhood pets, and I just don't get it. It's the worst place on earth, and I've lived in a LOT of places.

Why does it suck here so bad??

Life-long LA girl until a few weeks ago. Born here, educated here, worked here. Mom was still alive and I was just married to my hubby Tony. Few years later, mom died and we had to get the hell out of here. Fucking crime, breeders and the superficial and shallow LA culture was too much. We both worked our asses off and stuffed our 401ks and IRAs to the max to allow us to move into senior roles at the marketing company where I am still a senior partner (and the only woman in that role, I would add) and Tony is a majority stockholder in his law firm. After mom died, no reason for us to stay in a state with a fuckbag governor, paying taxes through the ass to support lowlifes who won't work and the constant irritation of LA that changed so much for the worse since I was born here.

Life in France is FANFUCKINGTASTIC! We found we didn't need all of the shit, the stress, the constant urban angst or the shallow horseshit. We slowed down, and it works for us. Not saying that it's for everybody, but a much simpler life (we own a little car, walk or cycle almost everywhere when we don't have to drive, shop at the outdoor market every day, garden and enjoy our kitties and our dogs) makes all the difference. If we want the big city, we can take the train to Paris or elsewhere and we own 200 acres of land with closest neighbors 1/4 of a mile way. Quiet, peaceful and most of all--NO FUCKING BRATS!!!!

:sw
Anonymous User
July 27, 2015
Hey congrats on the move. You guys sound like my grandparents. They moved to rural France to get away from the family (lol) and they love it. They've told me that it's like England 50 years ago (in a good way). It sounds idyllic where you guys are - best of luck (not that you sound like you need it grinning smiley )
July 30, 2015
Sounds awesome!! My husband's cousin's husband (I know) is straight up French. They have two kids who are absolutely the most well behaved children I have ever seen, especially their son. I think he might be like 11 or 12? He is like a tiny adult. It's almost uncomfortable talking to him because he is so articulate and so polite. He knows about world events, politics, and sports, and the adult men enjoy talking to him about sports. He doesn't say "what?" he says "pardon?" if he doesn't understand what you said. They are both bilingual and both love to read.

Total night and day difference from my husband's sister's kid, who is a horrible brat and not all that bright to boot. I wish I knew what my husband's cousin's family was doing with their children that's obviously radically different than what his sister's family is doing with theirs. It's very obviously a cultural difference, and I think it goes back to having a French dad who isn't a helicopter dad. I don't know if he's a disciplinarian or not but I do not get the impression that a French man like him would even for a second tolerate any behavioral shenanigans from brats.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login