Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Fiat cars

Posted by cfdavep 
Fiat cars
December 07, 2015
I was just wondering if anyone out there has any info on the Fiat car or if anyone has one? DH and I are still looking for a nice CF second car, and we happened to rent a Fiat a while back. I really liked it, but hubby thinks they are dangerous and impractical as they are almost a Smart car size wise especially the 2 door. I heard they used to sell them in the US and were awful vehicles back in the 60's. I guess I am wondering if they are a car that would last at least 10 years?? I noticed on their website that they came out with the Fiat mini-SUV, I guess something for the hipster moo. Thank you for any info
Re: Fiat cars
December 07, 2015
cfdavep
I was just wondering if anyone out there has any info on the Fiat car or if anyone has one? DH and I are still looking for a nice CF second car, and we happened to rent a Fiat a while back. I really liked it, but hubby thinks they are dangerous and impractical as they are almost a Smart car size wise especially the 2 door. I heard they used to sell them in the US and were awful vehicles back in the 60's. I guess I am wondering if they are a car that would last at least 10 years?? I noticed on their website that they came out with the Fiat mini-SUV, I guess something for the hipster moo. Thank you for any info

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fiat

thom_c
cfdavep

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fiat

Everyone that I know that owned a Fiat, regretted it.
They have a terrible reputation for frequent breakdowns and expensive repairs.
December 08, 2015
Fix It Again, Tony!

ETA - No dis intended; I have a Fix It Again, Josh!

No, not a Jag, that's the name of one of my techs.

May as well be a Jag, worse even maybe ~
December 09, 2015
Why don't you look into a mini cooper? They are safe cars and not too expensive. If I didn't need room to haul around animals and my mom + her walker, I would get one in a minute.

Still might get one as a Midlife Crisis Car.
December 10, 2015
Although no one has a nice thing to say about Fiat, if you are mechanically handy and can deal with the dead-last reliability in Consumer Reports, you can probably get one for a bargain, be sure to be a tough negotiator. Kind of like we child free can bargain hard on a house that is in a bad school district and get a bargain because we don't have kids. Here's an article about Fiat and how much they have in inventory.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2015/12/fiat-sales-crumbling-america/#postcomments
December 15, 2015
If you're looking for a gnat size car, have you checked out the Toyota iQ or the Chevy Sonic?

A small-small car is something we're researching as well. We like Toyotas - or more specifically, the Scions - having a 2005 and 2012 xB in our garage. We'd like something less bulky to tow behind Arvee when we (hopefully) start traveling next year, so it is a serious search for us as well.
December 16, 2015
Dorisan
If you're looking for a gnat size car, have you checked out the Toyota iQ or the Chevy Sonic?

A small-small car is something we're researching as well. We like Toyotas - or more specifically, the Scions - having a 2005 and 2012 xB in our garage. We'd like something less bulky to tow behind Arvee when we (hopefully) start traveling next year, so it is a serious search for us as well.

Speaking of small Toyotas, I have a Yaris and it's a good car. In 6 years, all I've had to do to it is new tires, belts, and a battery. Gets great mileage too. The only downside is it doesn't have much trunk space.

I'm happy with it.
December 25, 2015
Fiat has always been trouble. They will nickel and dime you to death. Plus the aggravation that goes along with it. The new ones have very poor ratings. Like other posters have said, If looking for a small vehicle,Toyota is the way to go. Great reputation, bullet proof and stellar reliability.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login