Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

fundie venting

Posted by kittehpeoples 
fundie venting
April 10, 2016
Okay, I seriously need to vent, and I feel like this is a safe place to do it. Without boring anyone with details, I just want to say that fucking fundie assholes can go straight to the hell they so love to threaten everyone else with. And they can fucking bite me on the way.

Thank you.
Re: fundie venting
April 10, 2016
If fundies are going to heaven, I'll pass tyvm.
April 10, 2016
ladybug2203

the 21st century Pharisees are going to be in for a shock.

Caiaphas the former Gov of Arkansas and Republican presidential candidate, and the other member of the Sanhedrin, the Senator from PA will also be shocked.

ladybug2203

Interesting you should say that. One of my best friends just died and named Mr. kittehpeoples as her executor. Her family (at least some of them) are not happy about this. She also left us her property and a big chunk of her estate. They're REALLY not happy about that.

They are super-fundie. She was not. In her words, "If heaven lets in people like my mother, then I don't want to go there." She didn't tell most of her family she was sick, and the one person she did tell was threatened to keep her mouth shut about it. Friend told us that she didn't want the whole family to know because she didn't want them showing up at the hospital to pray over her. So without getting into details (the quotes about her mother or the praying over her), Mr. kp told the brother and brother in law (both ministers) who were going to speak at her memorial service to lay off the religious talk-- no prayers, no church service, no scripture. Brother listened. Brother in law broke out his fucking bible, started with a prayer, then started reading scripture. Mr. kp interrupted and shut him down (and the guy actually argued with him about it, and his wife told us it was a "misunderstanding"). Needless to say, the family is acting furious with us and we expect them to cause us no end of grief, legally and otherwise. Yay.

Minister Brother in Law also pissed off the staff at the nursing home where Friend died. As the staff director told us, if he's a minister, he ought to start acting like one. Since this guy was demanding Friend's financial records, bank account balances, and life insurance/retirement fund balances WHILE SHE WAS ALIVE AND GOING INTO HOSPICE, I couldn't agree more. Her death was dollar signs and a chance to play minister for him. I couldn't hate the creep more, I swear.

(Happily, Friend left him and his wife zip in her will. We're positive they're going to contest it, though. We were sure of that before the memorial service, before she died, when he was asking what condition her house was in. Oh, did I mention they flip houses as a side hustle? They are loathsome scum. And constantly touting what "good Christians" they are. My ass.)

Ugh. More venting. Sorry. smiling smiley
April 10, 2016
thom_c
ladybug2203

Caiaphas the former Gov of Arkansas and Republican presidential candidate, and the other member of the Sanhedrin, the Senator from PA will also be shocked.

Huckabee? Amen.
April 10, 2016
kittehpeoples
thom_c
ladybug2203

Huckabee? Amen.

yup and santorum

thom_c
kittehpeoples
thom_c
ladybug2203

Huckabee? Amen.

yup and santorum

Double amen. smiling smiley
April 12, 2016
kittehpeoples-- I'm so sorry about your friend. Her hypocritical family members can eat rocks and swim in a deep lake. I hope they just give up, tuck their tails, and leave you guys alone...but sadly people get ugly when there's $$ involved.

And yeah, the fundies who think it's their right to run the world need to shut the fuck up and go away. They have serious hate for women, people of color, and anyone who's not their religion. They need to go back to their own little bible-world and let the rational grown-ups run the real one.
April 12, 2016
Thank you very much, randomcfchick. I really wish the fundies would start their own country somewhere and just leave the rest of us the fuck alone. Seems like it would simplify things tremendously.
April 12, 2016
randomcfchick
kittehpeoples-- I'm so sorry about your friend. Her hypocritical family members can eat rocks and swim in a deep lake. I hope they just give up, tuck their tails, and leave you guys alone...but sadly people get ugly when there's $$ involved.

And yeah, the fundies who think it's their right to run the world need to shut the fuck up and go away. They have serious hate for women, people of color, and anyone who's not their religion. They need to go back to their own little bible-world and let the rational grown-ups run the real one.

As a Facebook meme said, you're own religious beliefs mean YOU must follow those rules, they do not apply to outsiders, the rules are for members of your religion only.
April 12, 2016
ladybug2203
As a Facebook meme said, you're own religious beliefs mean YOU must follow those rules, they do not apply to outsiders, the rules are for members of your religion only.

Yeah. Fundies don't get that. winking smiley
April 13, 2016
Also notice how the duggars got their panties in a was when josh cheated on his wife (not condoning cheating), but molesting his sisters as young as five is just "normal teenage curiosity", fucking fundies
April 14, 2016
ladybug2203
Also notice how the duggars got their panties in a was when josh cheated on his wife (not condoning cheating), but molesting his sisters as young as five is just "normal teenage curiosity", fucking fundies

I hope they all step on Legos. That are dipped in acid. And on fire.
April 14, 2016
In the past two years, I got to know two fundies (Catholics)
who are among the worst people I've ever met.

They are greedy, deceitful..* insert any negative trait*

I actually don't call them fundies.
I call them "praying mantis".
April 14, 2016
mrs. chinaski

Ha, that's funny. smiling smiley
April 14, 2016
mrs. chinaski
In the past two years, I got to know two fundies (Catholics)
who are among the worst people I've ever met.

They are greedy, deceitful..* insert any negative trait*

I was raised catlick (lol sry couldn't resist), I know what ur talking about, most ppl at the church I went to were evil incarnate, good riddance!
April 15, 2016
@ catlick grinning smiley

@ "praying mantis":
It's very funny in GER.

praying mantis = Gottesanbeterin
Gottesanbeterin stems from two words:
Gott = god; anbeten (v) = worship
the literal translation is "the one who worships god (female form)"

It is an insect but it could be also a person grinning smiley
April 16, 2016
kittehpeoples
I hope they all step on Legos. That are dipped in acid. And on fire.

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out Awesome. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
May 03, 2016
Sad to hear about your loss.

Have you ever noticed the degree of religious fundamentalism is inherently proportional to the amount of drama in their lives?
May 04, 2016
Thank you, freya.

This family, made up entirely now of fundies, is a fucking mess. She wasn't really close to any of them, and now they're tearing their clothes and crying that they didn't know their sister. One of her brothers called one of her other friends and posed as her HUSBAND to try to find out if she ever mentioned her family. Creepy as fuck. And this guy's a minister, too.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login